IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 11 years ago

Details to follow.

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2007 - 2012 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* X-Men LE *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

V1.23 - December 21, 2012
=======================
- X-Men modes now stack and can run concurrently with each other. They may also run concurrently with other modes/multiballs if they were started beforehand.
- Reduced the number of shots to start X-Men modes from 2 to 1. Reduced the subsequent difficulties (hard and very hard) by one shot each.
- Mystery no longer adds time to running X-Men modes.
- Nightcrawler no longer begins if a villain is lit for start.
- Reduced the number of shots needed to complete Shadow King, Omega Red, Juggernaut, and Sentinels.
- Increased all the total values and super jackpots of all non-multiball villain modes.
- Reduced the timer of all villain modes from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the number of side bank shots to enable Brotherhood and Hellfire multiballs.
- Completing X-Men modes now provide +3X end of ball bonus multipliers instead of contributing to Danger Room requirements.
- Danger Room requirement is now based on Magneto Multiball super jackpot being achieved. This must occur with all 8 X-Men modes started and 4 balls locked before Magneto Multiball begins.
- Phoenix Mode takes one less shot to complete.
- Bottom lanes completed do not light villain start when a villain mode is currently running. They will contribute normally if lanes are completed outside a villain mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Nightcrawler pop-up mechs wouldn't go down properly.
- Fixed an issue in Xavier’s mode where the same mutant could appear twice in a row.
- Fixed an issue where the Iceman ramp moved too early after a successful 2nd jackpot, sometimes casuing the ball to drain. Now the ramp will wait before moving.

V1.21 - September 24, 2012
=======================
- Fixed an issue in Sentinels mode where new sentinels may not appear after one was destroyed. This only occurred when Magneto Multiball was started during Sentinels mode
- Adjusted the scoring in both Beast and Iceman modes. Scores are now 700,000 for the first shot and 1,300,000 for the second.
- Fixed an issue where Magneto "ball locked" and multiball jackpot speech calls repeated in an unintended fashion. These speech calls are now evenly spaced for repetition.
- Fixed an issue where hitting the pop bumpers during Beast mode overrode the full shot award. Now the Beast shot award has higher priority.
- Added back panel flasher lightshow for Storm mode.
- Added sound effects to the outlanes.
- Changed Xavier mode. Now when Xavier mode starts, the player can attempt to blindly find the mutant. The player has the option to hit the Xavier shot instead to reveal the mutant. Finding the mutant blindly is worth more points.
_ Fixed an issue where the side banks were not displaying their information correctly.

V1.2 - August 8, 2012
=======================
- added Dark Phoenix artwork.
- fixed scoring for all modes.
- changed game progression. Game now starts with all modes available.
- added speech and sound effects for several modes and villain select.
- added wolverine multiball mode.
- fixed a scoring issue where some magneto multiball scores weren't being added to the totals.
- changed all X-men modes to be easier to advance towards and complete.
- fixed an issue with the villain selection screen where placing money in the coinslot would prevent you from changing your selection.
- changed Brotherhood and Hellfire Club logos in selection screen to clearly state their multiball status.
- changed Brotherhood to be a 3-ball multiball.
- changed Xavier mode requirement to only find one mutant.
- changed Cyclops mode requirement to only combo shot. Cyclops mode no longer uses the scoop as a shot.
- changed Rogue mode to incorporate more shots including the nightcrawler mech.
- changed Iceman to requirement to be only two shots and to incorporate movement on the motorized ramp.
- changed Magneto Multiball to have the ramp move based on iceman shot being available as a jackpot.
- added adjustable for mode advancement to make them easier or more difficult. Reset default difficulty to medium.
- added text and modified lighting effects for Hellfire Club and Brotherhood side bank strikes.

#3 11 years ago

About time!

Congrats to the remaining X-Men owners.

#4 11 years ago

thanks will update later tonight

#5 11 years ago

!!! mode stacking

#6 11 years ago

Oh happy days.

#7 11 years ago

Nice to see, looking forward to playing some Xmen tonight!

#8 11 years ago

THANK YOU!!!

#9 11 years ago

Merry Christmas!!

#10 11 years ago

Woohoo! Great to see, thanks for posting.
Looks like beast is still there though . But it's all good.

#11 11 years ago

I can't say this would have made it a keeper for me, but it sounds like somebody cleaned up Waison Cheng's puddles.

#12 11 years ago

Hopefully all the xmen whiners will stop now.

#13 11 years ago

Still no combos or Deadpool?

#14 11 years ago

Excellent, considering as well there is another update in January!

#15 11 years ago

so....mode stacking and everything is easier?

#16 11 years ago

Downloading now to install on my floor! =)

#17 11 years ago

sounds like many of the concerns were addressed

#18 11 years ago

Now I'm just clicking re fresh on the TFLE update waiting.. I think it will be coming soon! Thanks STERN!!!! Any one still need an X-men LE or Pro I got all Instock

#19 11 years ago

After reading, this sounds a bit disappointing. I agree, where are the combos!!!??

Thank God the Iceman Ramp is addressed! This hardly seems like a powerpack release to me. :/

Come on Stern!

#20 11 years ago

Oh. Heard combos could be there. Confirm?

#21 11 years ago

IMO sounds like the game will be more fun now, and Danger Room still difficult to achieve but a little more attainable. We'll see.

#22 11 years ago

Hrmm.. Nit picking plot but danger room after xmen modes makes more sense then danger room after magneto

#23 11 years ago

Beggers cant be choosers. I will take a little now vs. all at once later on.

Incremental progress my friend.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

danger room after xmen modes makes more sense then danger room after magneto

I would agree, especially since they made them stack-able now and easier to start, but I'd have to play it with the new code to see how it feels.

#25 11 years ago

Sounds like a solid update. Downloading right now...

#26 11 years ago

Will play in next day or two but it is going to be a completely different game. Stacking modes - whoo hoo! And another update in next month or so. It is going to be crazy playing it now with all these different modes stacking. I was about to sell mine but think I need to wait a while

#27 11 years ago

Updating now! so whats next Transformers!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Updating now! so whats next Transformers!

yup

#29 11 years ago

How about a suprise ACDC update?

#30 11 years ago

On my first game the ramp got stuck in the middle and stayed there for a couple of balls. I'm uploading video now.

I'm still getting used to the new code, but I can say this- you are CONSTANTLY in a mode or modes now! It's fast, fast, fast. Better review later.

#31 11 years ago

LOTR, hobbit edition?

#32 11 years ago

Awesome news. I will be updating Pops machine for the Christmas Eve X-Men family tournament.

#33 11 years ago

Any word on if there are combos?

#34 11 years ago

UGH, game went from a sharpshooters dream to an ADD sufferers.... Anyone that couldn't figure out what to do before will have no chance now. Really a shame, all those good DMD animations and callouts are pretty much wasted. Storm voice is a non issue for most now I bet, you can only start her through a combo so guaranteed to have another modes random stuff over her.

And good luck ever seeing Nightcrawler again with him being unable to start while villains are lit.
Iceman ramp is somewhat fixed... I still had it moving back and forth during a shot, especially on backhanded ramp shots, but there were four other modes going too so who knows what was going on.

I assume the young guys got kicked off and this game just got Lopped?

#35 11 years ago

Completed all hero modes on my second game, no fanfare or anything was no big deal I guess lol.

Wish they would have just let one hero mode and one villain mode stack, this is constant madness going on now.

Nice to be able to get multipliers now I guess.

Interested in hearing anyone else's thoughts on this... pretty let down myself and will put many more games on it as I always do, but so far this code is a step backwards imo. Pretty much just flail around wildly and you'll start/complete modes bleh.

#36 11 years ago

Xmen V1.23 Coal Update

#37 11 years ago

I like the update so far. It is crazier and hard to know everything that's going on, but much more action so far and scores going up! Not sure if I noticed any combos, maybe next update.

#38 11 years ago

Updated and played about 5 games here. Ramp got stuck in the wrong position again in 2 of those games.

Now everything starts on one shot, no matter what else is running. Literally one minute into the game, I had 5 modes running. And this is not a good thing, it's just a mess of crap being thrown at you IMO. The progression now is almost a joke, and my guess would be that this is unpolished/unfinished to the way it was supposed to be.

Best way to describe it is like muttonboy said... It's an A.D.D. fest now with no logical thing going on at one time!

I think most of you will agree with this.

#39 11 years ago

So are the cool storm light show all covered up now by other modes? That would be dissapointing

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Xmen V1.23 Coal Update

Ugh...stacking hero modes on top of hero modes is gonna blow. Think I'll wait till the next one.

#41 11 years ago

THIS CODE IS A FUCKING MESS!!!
Holy shit I'm so pissed off. What a joke.
-Magneto MB, ice man ramp still moves away before the ball completes to the left ramp. Why is it moving off when it just goes back anyway.
-No combos
-Like Cobray said, I also started every xmen mode and then didn't know what the fuck was going on. I had 5 modes running at the same time. Arrgghh. I also had Xavior running, hit the ball back to Xavior directly right away the next few shots and it stated again when it was supposedly already running.
- No progression in the villan modes.
- I started Storm, completed it, and she wouldn't shut up. Like the game didn't know it was over.
- I don't know if the iceman ramp in iceman mode is fixed or not because I can't tell wtf is going on due to too many other modes going on at the same time.

I'm so pissed off I can't talk anymore.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

THIS CODE IS A FUCKING MESS!!!
Holy shit I'm so pissed off. What a joke.
-Magneto MB, ice man ramp still moves away before the ball completes to the left ramp. Why is it moving off when it just goes back anyway.
-No combos
-Like Cobray said, I also started every xmen mode and then didn't know what the fuck was going on. I had 5 modes running at the same time. Arrgghh. I also had Xavior running, hit the ball back to Xavior directly right away the next few shots and it stated again when it was supposedly already running.
- No progression in the villan modes.
- I started Storm, completed it, and she wouldn't shut up. Like the game didn't know it was over.
- I don't know if the iceman ramp in iceman mode is fixed or not because I can't tell wtf is going on due to too many other modes going on at the same time.
I'm so pissed off I can't talk anymore.

My thoughts exactly. One of the biggest pieces of shit ever put out by stern IMO. Once the rest of you guys play it, you'll understand, trust me.

#43 11 years ago

Going out to family dinner. I don't know if I'm leaving this code on or going back to 1.22. Most likely going back.

#44 11 years ago

I'm going to say that I liked V 1.22 better at this point. WTF is going on, modes are now extremely confusing and EVERYTHING steps on everything.

I know this may be difficult.. but if you are thinking of updating, you may want to wait and see more feedback!

Is there a way to go back to older code once you update the 1.23?

#45 11 years ago

Re-Gifting huh?

#46 11 years ago

Not sure why it bugs me but it still doesn't have any random attract sounds when you hit a flipper button. It just doesn't feel complete until it has that. Same with Transformers.

#47 11 years ago

You can change the amount of shots to up to 3 to start the modes for the heros. I do like a couple things, the targets working during modes and a couple of other things. Reminds me of Monster bash stacking the modes. Stern needs to do more tweek work. need combos and make the Villians a little easier.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm going to say that I liked V 1.2 better at this point. WTF is going on, modes are now extremely confusing and EVERYTHING steps on everything.
I know this may be difficult.. but if you are thinking of updating, you may want to wait and see more feedback!
Is there a way to go back to older code once you update the 1.23?

Just reload 1.22 on again. I have it on my FTP server if you didn't save it.
ftp://jackal2001.gotdns.com/xmenle122.zip

#49 11 years ago

The hardest part of this to accept is that we waited 3 months for this crap.

The ramp is still confused and gets stuck at various stages for no apparent reason.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

You can change the amount of shots to up to 3 to start the modes for the heros. I do like a couple things, the targets working during modes and a couple of other things. Reminds me of Monster Bash stacking the modes. Stern needs to do more tweek work. need combos and make the Villians a little easier.

Good to know. I'm assuming that is in the xmen menu which I've never looked at. That may well fix some of the issues.
Heading out to do some drinking which is much needed now.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.