(144 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xmen.jpg
5.jpg
wolverine-comic-book.jpg
Magneto.jpg
GSX1_Krakoa.JPG
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Which of you have already pre-ordered sight unseen? I'm still hanging on the fence as I can't bring myself to pull the trigger without seeing something solid of this thing first (ie not CADs or blurred cab pics). It takes a lot for me to dump that kind of cash on something but, I'm worried about all your crazy bastards buying all the LEs up. This hype is hard to resist but I feel I must.

#2 11 years ago

I'm waiting after TFLE I'm way more cautious of stern promising alot and delivering very little. Borg is on fire though, but what worries me is there is rumours that the LE run has been dropped from 300 each to 250 each, seems odd that the next coming for stern is getting limited even more by stern, 100 units less is ALOT of cash stern seem okay with not getting in their pockets, smells fishy to me!

#3 11 years ago

I have a good LE preordered with a $500 refundable deposit.If I dont like the pics released this week no loss but I doubt it will be a disappointment.

#4 11 years ago

I'm really considering doing this, but I'm a Stern on-the-fencer and never bought NIB. I'm frightened really.

#5 11 years ago

I would never buy any machine that i had neither seen or played in detail. Hype is easy to resist once you realise its mostly promoted by morons.

Make your own mind up once you see the final product and not a moment before and you wont go wrong. Buying before seen is madness imo....

#6 11 years ago

I'm in. Its only money.

#7 11 years ago

LOL, I must be the only person here who doesn't like the comics. Only 2 not interested? Hopefully this works out the opposite of TF. Where I was super exited about the theme but didn't like the game play. I would be glad to see some good game play on this one.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#9 11 years ago

I'm in on theme alone as I collect Marvel products. Marvel comics, statues, Hot Toys, etc. Xmen will go awesome next to my IM, SM, and Avengers (when it comes out)...and surrounded by a bunch of Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, IM 1/4 scale statues in my gameroom?! Sweeet!

Even if the gameplay sucks, the theme will keep it in my collection. That said, there's enough going for the game that it has virtually zero chance of being bad. Underpromised and therefore disappointing? Maybe. Software letdown? Perhaps. But I really doubt it will be a turd. Worst case scenario, it becomes a TF.

#10 11 years ago

In. GEX has my deposit for a Wolverine LE.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pindevil:

LOL, I must be the only person here who doesn't like the comics. Only 2 not interested? Hopefully this works out the opposite of TF. Where I was super exited about the theme but didn't like the game play. I would be glad to see some good game play on this one.

I've never read or owned one comic book.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

+1

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Archie, Jughead and Richie Rich only back in the day.....otherwise, no....

TFLE should have, could have been great with that theme (some think it is, not me) it looks awesome but not a fan of the play and that's the risk with Xmen......hype, hype, hype, it will probably look great and maybe it will be the next best pin ever, who knows!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

In. No doubt on his one.

By the looks of your game room, there is no doubt on any Stern. I saw your IJ4. : )

#16 11 years ago

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the LE just a different backglass and cabinet art? As for me Im likely in.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Archie, Jughead and Richie Rich only back in the day.....otherwise, no....

Hell yeah! I used to read Archie comics all the time. Double Digest FTW!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I would never buy any machine that i had neither seen or played in detail. Hype is easy to resist once you realise its mostly promoted by morons.

hit the nail right on the head!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the LE just a different backglass and cabinet art? As for me Im likely in.

Consider yourself corrected
I believe there are going to be major game play changes from a $6500 LE to a $4500 pro. Rumor says Pro won't have a spinning magnet disk even. Who knows. Collectors should assume the LE is the quality of pin that competes with JJP's releases as they are similarly priced. I am way more excited for xmen than WoZ.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

In. GEX has my deposit for a Wolverine LE.

Are there specific characters for each? I told JJ hero LE. Is there further categorization? As in wolverine/ cyclops?

Also if it is character specific what's the villain?

#21 11 years ago

I am all in; Who cares about stupid hype. Did you see the layout in the cad drawing? This game may actually have more functioning toys then even WOZ. Plus in my mind Borg is at his ultimate best right now
derek

#22 11 years ago

I'd love to get one, just looking at some of the play options from the cad pics but damn, I know I could never afford a NIB one. cad pics alone would not get me to put a preorder down tho.

#23 11 years ago

Krakoa, the Living Island!

GSX1_Krakoa.JPGGSX1_Krakoa.JPG

#24 11 years ago

Still disappointed no mirrored back glass and metal ramps.......

My interest in this 'latest, bestest ever pin' is that it is a timeless theme and the last 2 Borg pins have been fast.

Shame JJP not building it though.

Looking forward to next week - X-Men v WOZ!!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

In. GEX has my deposit

I'm In!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still disappointed no mirrored back glass and metal ramps.......
My interest in this 'latest, bestest ever pin' is that it is a timeless theme and the last 2 Borg pins have been fast.

Mirrored backglass has been confirmed now.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Shapeshifter said:Still disappointed no mirrored back glass and metal ramps.......

It has? Cool!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Shapeshifter said:Still disappointed no mirrored back glass and metal ramps.......

Darn it.......

That makes a big difference

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are there specific characters for each? I told JJ hero LE. Is there further categorization? As in wolverine/ cyclops?

Rumor is Wolverine and Magneto. Wolverines are outselling Magnetos from what I heard. I'm buying this machine to play, not resell, but I'd hate for one to be worth a red spiderman, and the other a black spiderman. Especially if they play exactly the same, have the same toys, and an equal amount of them are made.

#30 11 years ago

I'm in. I am not basing this off of the hype of those who have not seen or played it. But off of those who have. Besides, the layout is somewhat similar to NGG and TAF and should replace my TAF, gameplay wise, with no problems.

I ordered a Hero version. Xmen was one of the few comics I actually read as a kid. Didn't read the villain comic. But I figure, most people will pre order the hero which will make switching to villain easy if I like the other better.

#31 11 years ago

I think I'd be happy enough with a premium, takes the pressure off a decision. I assume they're doing the Gimp / Premium / LE thing again?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Tried to pre-order but was told they've oversold by 10,000! Offered sending a deposit of $20k in small bills in a manila envelope and heard stifled laughs! Was told it will be a six-figure game by end of year! I believe them, and honestly I'm pretty sure at this point the title is X-men!! After thinking it over I called back and offered all pins, $50k, plus house and two ancient dogs and got a "maybe." Appraisor is coming Tuesday to check out house. This will be the best Stern since Transformers!

i like hype

Good for you.

#34 11 years ago

What are prices?

#35 11 years ago

I felt like I might be missing out by not getting in on WOZ.
Had the same feeling when I didn't get a Tron LE... settled for a modded pro instead.
That feeling is now a distant memory. Great theme, a designer I like and good stiff competition pushing Stern to finally kick some a$$. Hell yeah, I'm in!
Signed up for a Wolverine LE a couple of days ago.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I think I'd be happy enough with a premium, takes the pressure off a decision. I assume they're doing the Gimp / Premium / LE thing again?

No Premium, don't think.

Heroes looks the one to get........

#37 11 years ago

So here are the two versions - not actual of course!

Magneto.jpgMagneto.jpg wolverine-comic-book.jpgwolverine-comic-book.jpg

#38 11 years ago

Just put down deposit for a villain. Also told there are two rising night crawlers like in MM!!!!!TZ is for sale!!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Make your own mind up once you see the final product and not a moment before and you wont go wrong. Buying before seen is madness imo....

Problem is that wasn't a good strategy for Tron LE if you wanted one and waited. Also, the most aggressive discounts are offered upfront as a pre-order.

#40 11 years ago

system11 said:I think I'd be happy enough with a premium, takes the pressure off a decision. I assume they're doing the Gimp / Premium / LE thing again?
No Premium, don't think.
Heroes looks the one to get........

Can anyone confirm that? No premium = no Xmen for me. I don't like Pro versions and I'm not putting money down on something I can't see.

#41 11 years ago

No premiums on this one. Only Pros and 500 LEs.

#42 11 years ago

My guess is the villain one will end up being the better looking game. Wolverine is a bit heavy on the yellow for me, even with blue trim.

#43 11 years ago

Nothing is 100% until an official release, but most of the dealers here have stated that there will be only LE and Pro. Fewer than 600 LE split between hero and villain (wolverine & magneto). Likely around 250 of each.
LEs to be produced and shipped first. Possibly late June/July?
I think there's enough to see right now for me (and many others) to put down a small deposit and lock in the best price. We'll likely see more in a few days and a final decision can be made then. I don't have any issue with it.

#44 11 years ago

Yea, cause all the pins he's created and released have been great so far.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No premiums on this one. Only Pros and 500 LEs.

That's a shame, I was hoping they'd keep the AC/DC method. Just Pro and LE pushes people into rash decisions, which I'm sure is the intention.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

jackal2001 said:I'm in. Its only money.

F***!!!!! Send it to me then. Must be nice!!!
Post edited by SealClubber : language

So there is no swearing here????

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Russo121 said:I would never buy any machine that i had neither seen or played in detail. Hype is easy to resist once you realise its mostly promoted by morons.

Problem is that wasn't a good strategy for TRON LE if you wanted one and waited. Also, the most aggressive discounts are offered upfront as a pre-order.

Really? I had plenty of chances to buy a Tron LE when the time came. With living in the UK i get plenty of time to see if a game is poor or not well before they even get here. I guess thats the one and only perk we get living so far away from where they are built (then we get stung with 20% tax and import duty on top for the pleasure...aghhhh..)

I never really thought about how i would react if i was put in a position where i had to buy blind or risk not getting a new pin i wanted. Its just not a factor where i live. If it ever came to that i guess i would try to place a small deposit on a title just to secure a place incase i wanted it then sell the place on ebay for ONE MILLIIION DOLLAAAARRS Muahahaaaaa.....

#48 11 years ago

Is it fair to say that, historically, the early buyers of LE pins have been up more than down? Off of the top of my head, it seems like SM and Tron are way up, LOTR is up, and Avatar and TF somewhat down (but not nearly as down as the others are up). I think there were gold/LE editions of TRS and Elvis, but I'm not sure where they sit in the market. TRS probably down, I'm guessing. Any others?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

Is it fair to say that, historically, the early buyers of LE pins have been up more than down? Off of the top of my head, it seems like SM and Tron are way up, LOTR is up, and Avatar and TF somewhat down (but not nearly as down as the others are up). I think there were gold/LE editions of TRS and Elvis, but I'm not sure where they sit in the market. TRS probably down, I'm guessing. Any others?

I was a LATE buyer of a NIB BSM and I should still be "up" if I decided to sell.

It seems like only yesterday Jersey Jack was laughing and ridiculing me on RGP for paying $6000 for a NIB BSM and it taking 10 weeks to get delivered (how long have people been waiting on WoZ again?). Seems pretty silly now, since I'm sure a NIB BSM would bring thousands more than that.

Come to think of it...that may be why Stern is getting my $ for a NIB X-Men LE and JJP is getting no sales from me (I do enjoy eating his free pizza and getting his free t-shirts at events though). Well, that plus the whole "Don't tell anyone I raised the price of LOTR:LE or I will cancel your order" debacle.

A little more back on topic, As far as risk / reward goes on buying an LE. If you are happy with the game after it arrives and you have spent some time with it. Great! If you don't like it, it's probably up to if others like the game if you are gonna break even, take a bit of a loss, or make some profit on it. The only ones that would be risking a lot are the people that buy 2, 3 or more games and are hoping to scalp a few thousand bucks from others when the initial stock has dried up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-buyers-sound-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.