(Topic ID: 54918)

X-Men bug/request list (Version 1.3)

By judremy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I will maintain this beginning post and list all bugs/requests in two sections. As things are addressed or added, I will list a version number next to it. Please specify if the bug/request applies to the Pro, LE, or both.

Requests:
Allow Xavier as a qualifying left shot during Weapon X mode. (Both) - judremy
Add combo wizard mode (Both) - Eskaybee/Rcade
Add combo count to instant info (Both) - Eskaybee
Stop timers for other modes when Nightcrawler is out or have a hit count towards that shot. (LE) - muttonboy
Allow option of disabling collected heroes (Both) - muttonboy
Factor current combo count into total bonus each ball (Both) - Rcade
Combo bonus if completed heroes are part of combo (both) - Rcade
Combo jackpot (collected at scoop) after certain number of jackpots (adjustable) (Both) - Rcade
Deadpool mode should be a fast scoring mode after a certain number of combos are reached (Both) - Rcade
DMD callout and animation for Iceman combo mode initiation (LE) - Rcade
Battle for Humanity wizard mode after completing Magneto SJP, Danger Room, and Dark Phoenix. (Both) - Rcade
Get rid of the "Complete Targets to Qualify Multiball" text screen. Show it only once, if at all, when you hit the targets the first time. (Both) - Apollyon
Add a Hellfire screen that shows how many targets have been hit (i.e. same type of screen as BH, but with flames). (Both) - Apollyon
Add short type of "super pops" after collecting Gambit hurry-up. (Both) - Apollyon
Use the Iceman ramp flasher when the Iceman ramp is about to move. (LE) - muttonboy
Keep lock lights lit during villain selection (helps in decision making) (Both) - dols
Add attract sounds to the flipper buttons (Both) - Eskaybee
Sound effect when a combo is made (Both) - sk8ball/Dugfreez
Change mutants in Xavier mode from the ones on the playfield to other mutants like Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde), Polaris, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, etc. (Both) - judremy
Super spinner is Lit has two different screens appear that state basically the same thing when super spinner started from scoop. Are both needed? (Both) - judremy
Disable combos during multiball. No way to accurately track them. (Both) -Dugfreez
Gambit pop bumper animation overrides other animations on the DMD that are more important. (Both) - Apollyon

Bugs:
Combo extra ball does not light after reaching setting as listed in adjustments (Both) - judremy
Nightcrawler appears repeatedly when three or six heroes are complete and one is completed again. (Both) - muttonboy
Professor X screen showing mutant silhouette should display when a Villian is running. (Both) - Dugfreez
Lower the priority of Gambit pop bumper hits to only show when nothing else is active. (both) - bballfan
Don't light orbit shots (including right orbit Lock) when the shots don't count (ie. after ball launch). (Both) - Rcade
Orbits shots (Beast & Phoenix, and Lock) should become active as soon as another switch is hit in single ball mode. (Both) - Duzfreez
Xavier shot is lit during Nightcrawler but doesn't advance Nightcrawler. (Pro) - dols
Iceman ramp red arrow flashes during his mode. Unneeded as Iceman insert is already flashing. (Pro) - Dugfreez
In Xavier mode, the shot for Iceman is the Storm ramp and not the Iceman ramp (no mutant is found at the Iceman ramp). (Both) - Dugfreez
In the light show of available targets at the start of Xavier mode, the bottom Brotherhood target does not flash even though it is a spot that a mutant may be hiding.
Storm shot is counted when Xavier mode starts. This is with hero stacking turned on or off. (Pro/LE) - judremy

Questions:
What is the Gambit insert light for (not the flasher)?
Should the "watch me move this ramp for you" drop be removed for Iceman on the Pro?
What is the Wolverine insert flasher for?

I will update this post as time allows and make a new post when this post has been updated.

#2 10 years ago

Request:
- add combo mb or combo wizard mode for achieving all unique combos
- add combos to instant info and final score

#3 10 years ago

Request:
1 Either stop all timers for other modes when Nightcrawler's mode starts due to him blocking needed shots, or have him count as a shot for whatever mode is going.

2 Close modes for replay once completed

Bug: Nightcrawler still restarts if 3 or 6 heroes are lit, possible over and over anytime a Villain or already completed hero mode is completed.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Request:

2 Close modes for replay once completed.

Good one. Or allow completed heroes to be a stackable hurry up round for points; for example, storm is completed and you hit the storm ramp 4 times to start the mode - instead of starting her mode just make it a 25 sec hurry up mode where each shot is 100k and value increase per each shot made. Have the hurry up round be stackable with non completed modes and not have call outs but SFX only associated with the hurry up hero.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good one. Or allow completed heroes to be a stackable hurry up round for points; for example, storm is completed and you hit the storm ramp 4 times to start the mode - instead of starting her mode just make it a 25 sec hurry up mode where each shot is 100k and value increase per each shot made. Have the hurry up round be stackable with non completed modes and not have call outs but SFX only associated with the hurry up hero.

I think it would just be better if completed heroes add bigger multipliers to combos that their shot is involved in. Adding a hurry up just adds more dot mode starts, which will cancel out and void combo call outs. I would like it if you collect the hero, get their mode out of the way and won't reset until you get to battle for humanity (fingers crossed) and then are free to combo the shit outta things, uninterrupted until you wanna cash in and go for a villain mode or Mags MB

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Request:
- add combo mb or combo wizard mode for achieving all unique combos

I would scale that back to just being a wizard for attaining a certain number of unique combos. Specifying it to collecting all unique combos will make it practically uncontainable for most players, and while I'm fine with something like battle for humanity being Valinor-esque to achieve, whatever the combo wizard is (*cough* Deadpool *cough* fingers crossed) should be more accessible as it gives great incentive to going for more combos

...plus some of the unique combos are RIDICULOUS to get during play without lucky ball placement and timing (looking at you, Pheonix combos)

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I think it would just be better if completed heroes add bigger multipliers to combos that their shot is involved in. Adding a hurry up just adds more dot mode starts, which will cancel out and void combo call outs. I would like it if you collect the hero, get their mode out of the way and won't reset until you get to battle for humanity (fingers crossed) and then are free to combo the shit outta things, uninterrupted until you wanna cash in and go for a villain mode or Mags MB

Good point. Agree 100%.

#8 10 years ago

Request: factor in current combo amount into end of ball bonus. This kills two birds with one stone: players will get up to date combo amounts during play between balls, and puts further emphasis on the fun of going for combos.

#9 10 years ago

Judremy, I would suggest changing the title of this topic to include the code version numbers. Just for the sake of specifics, and making it easier for Stern reps (if they check this feedback) to be on the same page with us

#10 10 years ago

I will take time to quickly write out my requests that I think will progress the game positively. Not saying that I am ungrateful for the code update, merely submitting what I would like to see in the final game code:

-current combo count added to instant info, as well as progression to qualifying HFC and BH multiballs

-current combo count factored in as an end of ball bonus. It would be like an ongoing "bats/rats" bonus like BSD

-2nd the notion that Xavier be a valid shot during Weapon X multiball.

-2nd the notion that Hero modes, once completed, cannot be restarted until inserts reset due to end game wizard mode

-completed Heroes then add substantial bonuses to combos their shots are involved in, until hero modes are reset due to end game wizard mode.

-please implement the use of the combo jackpots (per the adjustments menu). Suggest that after a certain amount of combos accrued (adjustable in menu) the scoop lights up and a callout used on DMD indicating combo jackpot is ready to be cashed in at scoop. I.E.: for every 15 combos made, the scoop lights for the jackpot bonus.

-Tie Deadpool's mode (whatever it may be) to the combos as a mini wizard fast scoring mode. Would suggest making Deadpool mode the 3rd combo "jackpot" award....or something like that.

-scale Dark Pheonix mode qualifiers to being to just start every villain mode (adjustable in Menu?). Finishing all villains is still needed to tech end game wizard mode.

-unlight Beast and Pheonix shots during Weapon X multiball when not valid due to auto launch.

-utilize some type of specific call out or IceMan combo frenzy callout and DMD interruption that locks out all other modes for the 5-way combo ice ramp infinite combo-thingy. Technical, I know!

-please do not make Deadpool mode where the Wizard Multiball end game wizard mode is now, please, if able to, make this a Battle For Humanity super wizard. Pick whatever villain makes sense, but make goal of mode to deal damage to villain based on specific lit combos. Each combo is on a timer. Rather than the villain having a Health bar, give the city a health bar. Missing a timed combo results the villain crushing a part of the city and dealing damage to it. Mode ends when a certain number of combos are succeeded, if the villain destroys entire city (flipper kill and restart ball launch with clean slate with all villain and hero inserts reset.) or if balls drain. *shrugs* that's all that came into my head. Basic request stands of just please make it something new, and not Deadpool's mode.

Okay, I'm done for now, that's all I got :/

#11 10 years ago

PLEASE:

Get rid of the "Complete Targets to Qualify Multiball" text screen. Show it only once, if at all, when you hit the targets the first time.

In this vein, have a HF screen that shows how many targets have been hit and how many more are left to start the MB qualification (i.e. same type of screen as BH, but with flames). Then you for sure do not need to added text screen that wastes time and space on the DMD.

#12 10 years ago

Request

Add short type of "super pops" after collecting Gambit hurry-up.

#13 10 years ago

Request:

Use the Iceman ramp flasher when the Iceman ramp is about to move.

#14 10 years ago

I haven't downloaded the update yet. How much rom space is even left?

#15 10 years ago

Request for the Iceramp to move immediately to the left to start iceman mode when the ball hits the inlane switch after the ramp shot to start it.

During HF and BH modes keep the dmd on the mode instead of showing the pop bumper screen every time a ball is in the pop area.

#16 10 years ago

I don't think they need to add anything that adds to the DMD / insert clutter of this game. It has always been bad and only got worse.

3 REQUESTS: Fix stuff!

Make a new Hellfire target screen like the Brotherhood screen (with individual markers to show how many are hit and still needed) and do away with the (then) unneeded "X hits needed to qualify X multiball" screen.

Don't override ANY DMD screens with the pop bumper animations. If there is nothing on the screen, but a score...then show it. If there is anything else showing....we will trust that the game is keeping count of when a Gambit hurry-up kicks in.

ALWAYS have the mutant outline screen in Xavier mode (where the character profile is seen) over ride any other DMD screens. At the very least until Xavier is hit again and the mutant location revealed. That is really the only mode that the DMD is needed....why would they choose to cover it up?

#17 10 years ago

BUG and REQUEST:

Fix the orbit switches! There is no reason for the Phoenix switch to be shut off for a certain AMOUNT OF TIME at the start of each ball! As soon as the ball is plunged and another switch is hit (that isn't the Phoenix switch or the shooter lane switch) the Phoenix switch should be open for business.

It is ridicules that a player can hit the Angel skill shot and then follow up with a Phoenix lane hit and it not count (or lock the ball if lit)!! The Phoenix switch should have become active as soon as the Storm ramp entrance switch was hit.

On a related note: When you shut off the Phoenix and Beast switches during the auto launch period of multiball....turn off their inserts! If you are going to have the switches disabled why would you have their insert lit up to even pretend like they are viable shots? If the shot is closed....turn off the lights!

#18 10 years ago

Making a hit to any switch while the skill shots are lit needs to void the skill shots.

Flash the lower left flasher every time a ball is kicked out of the scoop.

I'm not sure if this is just my machine but in NC mode if I hit one that is jiggling and about to go down the NC will stay up for a second while the other is up too.

#19 10 years ago

REQUEST:

Tighten up the combos!

I'll start with a gimmie (adding a combo shot). Add Wolverine as a combo shot after Xavier. He is a combo shot after Strorm....why wouldn't he be one after Xavier?

The rest are pretty much taking away combos. Cut all of the combos that come after a Phoenix shot. There is no way they should be counted as a combo after they have bounced around the pop bumpers, maybe fell in the scoop, might come out on the left of the scoop...maybe the right. That is IF it wasn't locked in the first place. Phoenix is just a stupid shot to consider "combo-ing" into anything. Any "combo" after a Phoenix hit is just lucky slop shooting.

On a related note...if you are going to include the Phoenix "combo-ing" why not include it right from the start of the combo? Why have the added Storm or Xavier shot at the beginning to qualify a combo after Phoenix? That is just making a stupid decision even dumber.

NO COMBOS DURING MULTIBALL! There is no way to track what is a combo during a multiball so why even try. It's undeniably slop combo-ing and the added arrow insert clutter is especially not needed during a multiball.

A more lightly requested combo request is to ditch the Beast and Cyclops combos that require the lower right flipper. If the ball is going to get to the lower right flipper after a Beast of Cyclops shot is questionable at best....and as you can see, I like the idea of a tight combo system over the slop combo system. As the game is now, all and all, it somewhere in the middle.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The rest are pretty much taking away combos. Cut all of the combos that come after a Phoenix shot. There is no way they should be counted as a combo after they have bounced around the pop bumpers, maybe fell in the scoop, might come out on the left of the scoop...maybe the right. That is IF it wasn't locked in the first place. Phoenix is just a stupid shot to consider "combo-ing" into anything. Any "combo" after a Phoenix hit is just lucky slop shooting.

I don't think they should cut the combos after Phoenix, I think they should just have a pop bumper hit stop the combo.

Quoted from DugFreez:

NO COMBOS DURING MULTIBALL! There is no way to track what is a combo during a multiball so why even try. It's undeniably slop combo-ing and the added arrow insert clutter is especially not needed during a multiball.

This makes sense to me.

Quoted from DugFreez:

A more lightly requested combo request is to ditch the Beast and Cyclops combos that require the lower right flipper. If the ball is going to get to the lower right flipper after a Beast of Cyclops shot is questionable at best....and as you can see, I like the idea of a tight combo system over the slop combo system. As the game is now, all and all, it somewhere in the middle.

I strongly disagree with this. I have shot repeated Beast orbits from the lower right flipper. It is also possible to shoot Cyclops to Beast using the lower right flipper. No slop about it.

--Luke

#21 10 years ago

BUG & REQUEST:

Tighten up / Fix Cyclops mode.

Make it so you have to hit him and then TRY to hit the Storm ramp. If you hit Rogue or the pop bumper you get a pass, but lower points.

If you hit him for 3 attempts and don't hit Storm, the right pop or Rogue in there allotted time...you also pass with much lower points (or fail...I don't really care much on that aspect).

Make the time that you have to actually hit one of these 3 shots (after the spinner hit) shorter. You aren't going to be cradling the ball here. It's an upper flipper shot that is directly fed by the Cyclops shot. So decreasing this time will actually speed up the time on a Cyclops shot reset and give you time for more attempts.

Ditch the whole Wolverine hit as a pass. The Hellfire targets acting goofy is also a mistake / bug / confusing. Why would the Hellfire targets be used here? Better yet...why is one lit as an available shot after the first Cyclops hit and it doesn't count. Another good question is why does the Xavier shot beat the mode and it isn't even lit?

Why does he say "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo! I missed it " when you pass the mode and "You did good today people" when you fail the mode? I can understand having a response for hitting Storm (BULLSEYE!) and then a response if you hit Rogue or the pop bumper instead that is not quite as good (WELL THAT ONE WAS CLOSE.) Then the failing one (NO! I MISSED IT,).

I think the issue here is the developers didn't have the foresight to know that sometimes people would fail a mode. So they didn't bother to record any negative callouts. That is why we get "You did good today people" when you fail a mode or "Omega Red is running away with his tail between his legs" when Omega Red has just beat you. I honestly don't see this great oversight being fixed as I don't see them calling "actors" back into the booth to record new lines. They could probably shift some sound clips around and make this much better on most mode. In my opinion it's better for the game to say nothing after you fail a mode than to say something positive that sounds more like a bug than anything.

Cyclops mode has had sloppy programming since release and it still hasn't been fixed.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I don't think they should cut the combos after Phoenix, I think they should just have a pop bumper hit stop the combo.

That's just making it seem even less like a combo with a time gap....and when would you restart the timer? As I said...the pops are only part of the issue. The ball may roll back up from the pops (up to Beast or back to Phoenix), it might roll in the scoop, it might be locked. To many variables to call it a combo shot IMO.

UPDATE: I thought you meant stop the combo timer when I read that. Now I see it says stop the combo. I don't understand... if it stops the combo....that is exactly what I am saying it should do. Phoenix shot should be a combo end (just as it is if you don't hit her before Xavier or Storm) like Rogue or Wolverine.

I think the developers knew this and that is why they tried to cover it up by adding the mysterious Xavier / Storm shot to qualify the crappy Phoenix combos.

Quoted from HighNoon:

I strongly disagree with this. I have shot repeated Beast orbits from the lower right flipper. It is also possible to shoot Cyclops to Beast using the lower right flipper. No slop about it.

That is why I consider eliminating these shots as a mild suggestion. I can understand why they are there and I have no beef if they stay. You can shoot Beast or Cyclops and get the ball nicely down to the right flipper, but there are a lot more variables there as apposed to just getting these shots cleanly to the upper flipper.

#23 10 years ago

Request : I need divine intervention added to my playing skills. I can not even make it to the Danger Room mini wizard mode.

#24 10 years ago

I have updated the first post with many of the requests and bugs listed here. Please let me know if I am missing any.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

BUG & REQUEST:
Make it so you have to hit him and then TRY to hit the Storm ramp. If you hit Rogue or the pop bumper you get a pass, but lower points.
If you hit him for 3 attempts and don't hit Storm, the right pop or Rogue in there allotted time...you also pass with much lower points (or fail...I don't really care much on that aspect).
Make the time that you have to actually hit one of these 3 shots (after the spinner hit) shorter. You aren't going to be cradling the ball here. It's an upper flipper shot that is directly fed by the Cyclops shot. So decreasing this time will actually speed up the time on a Cyclops shot reset and give you time for more attempts.
Ditch the whole Wolverine hit as a pass. The Hellfire targets acting goofy is also a mistake / bug / confusing. Why would the Hellfire targets be used here? Better yet...why is one lit as an available shot after the first Cyclops hit and it doesn't count. Another good question is why does the Xavier shot beat the mode and it isn't even lit?
Why does he say "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooo! I missed it " when you pass the mode and "You did good today people" when you fail the mode? I can understand having a response for hitting Storm (BULLSEYE!) and then a response if you hit Rogue or the pop bumper instead that is not quite as good (WELL THAT ONE WAS CLOSE.) Then the failing one (NO! I MISSED IT,).
I think the issue here is the developers didn't have the foresight to know that sometimes people would fail a mode. So they didn't bother to record any negative callouts. That is why we get "You did good today people" when you fail a mode or "Omega Red is running away with his tail between his legs" when Omega Red has just beat you. I honestly don't see this great oversight being fixed as I don't see them calling "actors" back into the booth to record new lines. They could probably shift some sound clips around and make this much better on most mode. In my opinion it's better for the game to say nothing after you fail a mode than to say something positive that sounds more like a bug than anything.
Cyclops mode has had sloppy programming since release and it still hasn't been fixed.

I wonder if Xavier or Hellfire targets are the shots for the trickshot callout that I heard when scanning the sound clips.

#26 10 years ago

Great summary Judremy. Thanks. Let's hope Stern reads this.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

BUG & REQUEST:

I second this notion. Limit the valid shots to storm, right pop and rogue. Do away with Wolvie and HFC standup (?!) being valid shots.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I think the issue here is the developers didn't have the foresight to know that sometimes people would fail a mode.

You sure are awfully condescending to the programmers on these threads. For someone who's hoping that they take the time to fix and finish stuff for us XM owners and operators, you sure do have a lot of running into a wall and negative remarks aimed at the programming team.....not sure if that's helping our cause, =p. Yes, this code should have been like this a year ago, but beating a dead horse isn't going to get them motivated any faster. I'm not saying to stop pointing out issues that need to be fixed, you're needed to point this stuff out for them to hopefully address, but you can at least do it in a more constructively critical, rather than personally critical approach. We're all put off by the fact us early buyers took it in the face by getting a game with incomplete code, but what's done is done, this game will only get better with both us AND Stern getting on the same page and working together through valid and constructive feedback. You have great suggests and insight Dug, ease don't let your bitterness and quickness to label those at Stern as troglodytes muddy your great feedback to them. If this gets me heat from you, so be it. No insult intended at all. Off soap box *flame suit on*

Quoted from DugFreez:

REQUEST:
Tighten up the combos!
I'll start with a gimmie (adding a combo shot). Add Wolverine as a combo shot after Xavier. He is a combo shot after Strorm....why wouldn't he be one after Xavier?

Agree totally. Add Wolvie as a valid combo after X. Makes sense.

Quoted from DugFreez:

Cut all of the combos that come after a Phoenix shot. There is no way they should be counted as a combo after they have bounced around the pop bumpers, maybe fell in the scoop, might come out on the left of the scoop...maybe the right. That is IF it wasn't locked in the first place. Phoenix is just a stupid shot to consider "combo-ing" into anything. Any "combo" after a Phoenix hit is just lucky slop shooting.

Eh. Nit picking. I understand where you're coming from, but it hurts no one to keep these combos in. If they don't make it out of the pops in time, oh well. If they do make it out quick, you have the chance to keep a combo going. I see no problem with this, it is not game breaking or infuriating to me enough to take priority over a litany of other issues. I, even as a below average pin player, have gotten Unrequited lovers and Fire and Ice combos numerous times during play. Some of these documented on the stuff I tried to video the other day, so right there (for me) is enough. To just leave the Pheonix combos alone. As I said, they hurt no one. And I know you're coming from the position of that it just doesn't FEEL like a combo coming out of the pops, but I like the tension of trying to get it out of the pops ASAP and making either Clops or Iceman quickly under pressure to keep the chain going. It's skilled pressure play, stuff that will make a better player overall. Plus, the scores are evened out, as the Pheonix combos are worth quite a bit more out of the gate than the other unique combos. All in all, I part ways with you firmly on this one and say "keep it in."

Quoted from DugFreez:

On a related note...if you are going to include the Phoenix "combo-ing" why not include it right from the start of the combo? Why have the added Storm or Xavier shot at the beginning to qualify a combo after Phoenix? That is just making a stupid decision even dumber.

Completely agree. The qualifying shot to open up Pheonix just doesn't sit well with me. I suppose they did it in order to give Xavier more shot options for combo able shots? *shrugs*. Yup, do away with the Pheonix combo shot qualifiers.

Quoted from DugFreez:

NO COMBOS DURING MULTIBALL! There is no way to track what is a combo during a multiball so why even try. It's undeniably slop combo-ing and the added arrow insert clutter is especially not needed during a

Hmmm, I'm torn on this one. While I personally don't haves problem with it, as I have never gotten confused as to where I can combo. Solid inserts are combos, flashing is objectives/jackpots. But I can see how this can get jumbled. However, players may find that they WANT to have the added "help" of accruing combos during Multiballs if combo jackpots and wizard mode are implemented. But taking them out WOULDstreamline the Multiballs and make them very focused modes, which might also be a nice break. I will half agree and take the cop out answer: "make it adjustable in the menu!" lol. Have an option of MULTIBALL combo stacking on/off? Regardless you do bring up valid points for the average player who hasn't memorized all the combo shot locations for each hero shot.

Quoted from DugFreez:

A more lightly requested combo request is to ditch the Beast and Cyclops combos that require the lower right flipper. If the ball is going to get to the lower right flipper after a Beast of Cyclops shot is questionable at best

I know you've already backed off a little with admitting this is low on your priorities, but I just want to throw my opinion, for what it's worth, in as well, since this is what this tread is for. I have the same stance here as on the Pheonix combos: leave them as is, they hurt no one, and don't take me out of the game. And I don't think it's questionable at all at best, all of beast's combo Enders can be made from the upper flipper, if you brick it (which I do :p) you can have a chance to hit beast again to keep the combo going and give it another try.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't think they need to add anything that adds to the DMD / insert clutter of this game. It has always been bad and only got worse.
3 REQUESTS: Fix stuff!
Make a new Hellfire target screen like the Brotherhood screen (with individual markers to show how many are hit and still needed) and do away with the (then) unneeded "X hits needed to qualify X multiball" screen.
Don't override ANY DMD screens with the pop bumper animations. If there is nothing on the screen, but a score...then show it. If there is anything else showing....we will trust that the game is keeping count of when a Gambit hurry-up kicks in.
ALWAYS have the mutant outline screen in Xavier mode (where the character profile is seen) over ride any other DMD screens. At the very least until Xavier is hit again and the mutant location revealed. That is really the only mode that the DMD is needed....why would they choose to cover it up?

All of these. Yes. Easy prioritizing. The HFC dots I would love to get updated to match BH dots, but I don't know how much resources and time they have for new dots, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quoted from Apollyon:

Request

Hmmmmm. Interesting idea. I like it! It does seem kinda odd to give an extra reward for completing the hurry up, which has its own reward of getting millions of points. But it would be fun to get a quick timed super pops mode. Again, fingers crossed but not holding my breath. I won't be crushed if it doesn't get implemented though, there are bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

....I like the lion's share of the fixes and suggestions so far! I hope Stern is "listening" and willing implement/fix.....or at least entertain our ideas!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

You sure are awfully condescending to the programmers on these threads. For someone who's hoping that they take the time to fix and finish stuff for us XM owners and operators, you sure do have a lot of running into a wall and negative remarks aimed at the programming team.....not sure if that's helping our cause, =p. Yes, this code should have been like this a year ago, but beating a dead horse isn't going to get them motivated any faster. I'm not saying to stop pointing out issues that need to be fixed, you're needed to point this stuff out for them to hopefully address, but you can at least do it in a more constructively critical, rather than personally critical approach. We're all put off by the fact us early buyers took it in the face by getting a game with incomplete code, but what's done is done, this game will only get better with both us AND Stern getting on the same page and working together through valid and constructive feedback. You have great suggests and insight Dug, ease don't let your bitterness and quickness to label those at Stern as troglodytes muddy your great feedback to them. If this gets me heat from you, so be it. No insult intended at all. Off soap box *flame suit on*

No need for the flame suit. I know I get worked up on this stuff. Especially after an update.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Dark Phoenix qualified if all Villians are STARTED instead of COMPLETED. (Both) - Rcade

I would agree with this only as a setting...it encourages timing the villain modes out and not even trying to beat them.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Orbits should become active as soon as another switch is hit after auto launch when in single ball mode. (both) - Duzfreez

No need to mention the auto launch here. The Phoenix switch needs to be active as soon as you plunge the ball and it hits anything except the shooter lane switch or the Phoenix switch.

If you want to figure the Beast lane in the equation you would probably want the Phoenix switch and the Beast switch to remain inactive, but only until a switch is hit that isn't the shooter lane, the Phoenix switch or the Beast switch.

I didn't mention the Beast lane at all as I haven't noticed any times in single ball play when the Beast switch isn't working when it should. I notice the Phoenix lane doing it a lot (every time I get an Angel skill shot and then hit the Phoenix lane as a matter of fact).

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

No need to mention the auto launch here. The Phoenix switch needs to be active as soon as you plunge the ball and it hits anything except the shooter lane switch or the Phoenix switch.
If you want to figure the Beast lane in the equation you would probably want the Phoenix switch and the Beast switch to remain inactive, but only until a switch is hit that isn't the shooter lane, the Phoenix switch or the Beast switch.
I didn't mention the Beast lane at all as I haven't noticed any times in single ball play when the Beast switch isn't working when it should. I notice the Phoenix lane doing it a lot (every time I get an Angel skill shot and then hit the Phoenix lane as a matter of fact).

I have to check that to confirm, but I believe a hard plunge will hit the beast switch and it will not count. Been a while since I did a soft plunge.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I would agree with this only as a setting...it encourages timing the villain modes out and not even trying to beat them.

Ah. VERY valid point. Cant believe i didnt think of that. I take back that suggestion. Strike it from the record please.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Request

Yeah more Gambit would be good. so +1. Does anyone recall seeing the gambit flasher do something ? I only see it in attract mode (so not burned out) and maybe I'm just too busy to notice the gambit flasher but I swear it never comes on during the hurry up

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes- timing out anything is not good, and not a very sporting way of advancing.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah more Gambit would be good. so +1. Does anyone recall seeing the gambit flasher do something ? I only see it in attract mode (so not burned out) and maybe I'm just too busy to notice the gambit flasher but I swear it never comes on during the hurry up

I believe it starts flashing when his mode starts. There are a TON of Gambit audio drops in the rom, but hardly any are used.

I moved the following entry from a request to a bug:
Don't light red arrows for Beast & Phoenix shots during when the shots don't count (ie. after ball launch). (Both) - Rcade

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I moved the following entry from a request to a bug:
Don't light red arrows for Beast & Phoenix shots during when the shots don't count (ie. after ball launch). (Both) - Rcade

Not just the red arrows...all of the Beast and Phoenix inserts. The LOCK is actually what pisses me off. After a successful Angel skill shot the lock will be lit (at least on the first ball)...I hit the Phoenix lane and the switch won't be activated yet. So no lock, no hit to Phoenix to count toward starting her mode, no combo...nothing.

I hate to sound condescending to the programmers , but putting a timer on that switch to keep it deactivated instead of having other switch hits turn it on during single ball play is....... questionable decision making at best.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Not just the red arrows...all of the Beast and Phoenix inserts. The LOCK is actually what pisses me off. After a successful Angel skill shot the lock will be lit (at least on the first ball)...I hit the Phoenix lane and the switch won't be activated yet. So no lock, no hit to Phoenix to count toward starting her mode, no combo...nothing.
I hate to sound condescending to the programmers , but putting a timer on that switch to keep it deactivated instead of having other switch hits turn it on during single ball play is....... questionable decision making at best.

Is this new in 1.3? Cause in 1.24 I could hit the angel ss and follow it with a Phoenix lock.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Timer makes sense... In MULTIBALL!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is this new in 1.3? Cause in 1.24 I could hit the angel ss and follow it with a Phoenix lock.

I believe it did it in 1.24 also. I'm not saying every time you get the Angel skill shot and then immediately hit the Phoenix orbit the switch isn't active, but a fast Storm ramp shot for the skill shot and a fast shot to Phoenix will beat the timing.

There should be no reason for there to be any timing involved. It's hard to test the actual shot, but it's easy to pick the ball up out of the shooter lane and then hit the Storm ramp entrance and then peck on the Phoenix switch and see it isn't doing anything for a bit.

I looked into this a bit further. It seems that the " switch is dead" timer starts as soon as the ball leaves the shooter lane switch. If the shooter lane switch is triggered again (by a weakly plunged ball or another one to be launched) the timer resets.

I also noticed even if the timer is in effect...if you peck the Phoenix switch 3 times it will come out of it's timer early and open the diverter on the 3rd hit.

Shortening the timing would help, as I have said, I have hit the skill shot and hit the Phoenix lane and the switch was still dead. I still don't see a reason for any switch hit instead of the shooter lane, Phoenix or Beast to instantly bring the Phoenix switch back on.

If they need to use a timer because that is what they have to use in multiball...that would be fine, but that time needs to be shortened. You figure the longest amount of time it takes a ball to possibly hit the Beast switch from the shooter lane switch is as long as it needs to be to prevent auto launch hits counting for the Phoenix and Beast switches.

I also strongly think all of these switch inserts should be off when the switches aren't active.

#40 10 years ago

Bug:

Danger Room when completed keeps all balls in play even though the game is back to single ball mode.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Bug:
Danger Room when completed keeps all balls in play even though the game is back to single ball mode.

That's actually pretty cool. Like when you complete a vs mode in AVengers; it allows mb play on the standard board rules. Sure this is a bug or bonus for completing?

#42 10 years ago

In the previous code the mode kept going until you drained down to one ball. I haven't beaten DR in the current code yet.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah more Gambit would be good

I am glad some one can complete Gambit hurry-up. I did it once the ball kicked into the beast switch from top pop bumper came back down and hit the right pop to score Hurry up. In the John Borg STERN X-Men video. They show Gambit Hurry -Up Scored by shooting the Right flipper through Beast lane and holding upper right flipper to deflect pinball into right pop bumper to score. Great Idea ,but it does not seem to work for me. Any consistent pinhead able to pull this off ?

#44 10 years ago

My issue is the combos are an extra addition to game play. Cool. I get it . But during villain modes I do not care if combo yields more points. I want to see them help me progress through the villain mode. It would really have been much better if when you are in a Villain Mode if it is possible to implement combo Damage to add them to knocking more heath off the villains meter. That extra combo system would have really pushed X-Men to the next level.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am glad some one can complete Gambit hurry-up. I did it once the ball kicked into the beast switch from top pop bumper came back down and hit the right pop to score Hurry up. In the John Borg STERN X-Men video. They show Gambit Hurry -Up Scored by shooting the Right flipper through Beast lane and holding upper right flipper to deflect pinball into right pop bumper to score. Great Idea ,but it does not seem to work for me. Any consistent pinhead able to pull this off ?

I can consistently pull off the Gambit Hurry-Up shot on my machine (the way John Borg describes it in his video).

--Luke

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I can consistently pull off the Gambit Hurry-Up shot on my machine (the way John Borg describes it in his video).

My side to side is level. My pitch is about 6 . I got lazy trying to get the bubble centered.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

My side to side is level. My pitch is about 6 . I got lazy trying to get the bubble centered.

Hmm...I just set mine up and started playing. Haven't taken the level to it yet.

--Luke

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's actually pretty cool. Like when you complete a vs mode in Avengers; it allows mb play on the standard board rules. Sure this is a bug or bonus for completing?

Maybe it is intended. Seems odd IMO. The mode should reach its climax and then revert back to standard play with one ball.

After DR with 2 balls in play, when a ball was locked in Magneto it did not allow me to continue with 2 balls. So I think the game was just confused.

It reminded me of a case where a ball drains by hitting an outlane switch and the ball save kicks out a new ball but the original ball bounces back into play leaving 2 balls on the pf.

#49 10 years ago

here's what i added...x-men animated series theme music. fits the whole vibe.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

here's what i added....listen to the music

Interesting. I personally like sound and voice overs of X-MEN . STROM. She is awesome. But since you have thrown your video out here. What song is in video and how did you customize the sound track/code ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-bugrequest-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.