002.JPG
003.JPG
001.JPG
k406013-100_2.jpg
photo(1).JPG
137_(1024x768).jpg
136_(1024x768).jpg
photo_(20).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitz7734.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

Received my second board Monday, night crawlers blow fuses under playfield every time after only three games and are staying in the up position after game start. Would it be difficult for stern to maybe use two aux boards...one for NC, one for Wolvie magnet? Mod the game this late after production...just hoping for a resolution.

#34 11 years ago

Talked to Chas on Tuesady (Pat Powers asked me to call via email) Pat was out Tuesday. Chas said it sounded like my AUX Board would talk to Pat and contact me via phone Wednesday or Thursday, I left my email as well. Havent heard anything since.

1 week later
#72 11 years ago

Board number 3 died for me on my sixth ball (one complete game with an extra ball, and 2nd ball 2nd game) last night. In my strictly non-professional opinion its the Wolverine magnet.
Both 1.20 and 1.21 code has been installed when a board has blown.
Night Crawler hasn't always popped up during game play when a board has gone bad.

Is there a difference between Magneto magnet (heh) and the Wolverine magnet? Could I swap those and effectively get the same game play, or is one stronger than the other? (Magneto needs to hold 4 balls vs just the 1 for Wolverine) I dont think I have ever had my Magneto magnet grab and hold 4 balls BTW, one or two always gets loose before it starts to spin.

#74 11 years ago

Unless it came from factory that way, no. I will check when i get home though.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Stern are working on a redesigned board .

That's good news. Hope it works. Mine has been fully operational for less than 60 minutes and it was first shipped to my house July 27th.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

so you happen to have your coil pulse setting changed to hard?

Quoted from Blitz7734:

I will check when i get home though.

Set to normal power

Quoted from zucot:

Update - Stern are currently testing a modified board on 3 separate games at their factory. Once their engineers give the go ahead they will be sending this new board rev out to people.
At one point they thought it might be a grounding issue.

Thanks for the update!

#114 11 years ago

Not meant to be snarky.. but I guess 4th time is charm for me.. fingers crossed

1 week later
#140 11 years ago

Received my re-worked board today, I have played about 10 games. Thumbs up so far. With the previous boards, they would die around the middle of the second game. My Shadow King had even stopped turning the playfield blue (the whole reason that mode rocks) but with the board working correctly my blue playfield is back! Who knew that Nightcrawler popped up during Rogue?!!! I even had one successful Nightcrawler mode - that has NEVER happened (board died before nightcrawler mode ever started.)

So finally after 1 new cabinet, 1 new backbox, 1 new I/O board and 3 new aux boards a little over 3 months after I initially received it, I have an XMen LE that works!! Thank gawd!

#144 11 years ago

The freight company used clamps to lift the machine and squeezed the back box, not too noticeable but Stern replaced it anyway. Probably at the time of loading with the clamps the box was pushed up against something at about foot off the ground that really only dinged the card board box but man did it do a number on the underside of the cabinet! Put a sizeable puncture maybe 8" in diameter, and the force of the puncture split the plys of my side cabinet. Came on July 27th got it back from Stern with all the cabinet stuff replaced the day before 1.21code came out... September 25th or something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitz7734.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-aux-board-issues?tu=Blitz7734 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.