(Topic ID: 75954)

X-men auto-plunge really weak?

By monsterbaldy

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, my x-men auto-plunge doesn't make the ball into the playfield quite a bit of the time. However, once in a while it does make it, very easily even.

The game is really clean and I examined the mech and it looks ok, I would say it's software other than that doesn't make sense. Unless it's trying to gauge how to soft plunge it for a third flipper shot, but if that's the case it both surprises me and is implemented poorly.

Any advice?

-ben

#2 10 years ago

Usually, this is the result if the auto plunger is misaligned or the coil sleeve is gummed up. The ball should rest on both sides of the auto plunger equally. Maybe try it out in coil test.

#3 10 years ago

or your manual plunger is sticking out to far and pushing the ball forward , check to see

#6 10 years ago

Well, I managed to get rid of a lot of the play in the mech, and it improved it slightly. But in the process I noticed my plunger is actually really off center, so much so that sometimes the auto plunger fork thing touches the rubber. Not sure how hard that thing is to remount... I'll look into it later.

-ben

#7 10 years ago

Ben, the rubbing against the plunger tip is what was slowing mine down. It was quick and easy to fix. Raise the playfield, looses the plunger screws that hold the plate to the inside of the front panel, reposition and tighten. Easy fix and it's never re-appeared.

Marc

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

Well, I managed to get rid of a lot of the play in the mech, and it improved it slightly. But in the process I noticed my plunger is actually really off center, so much so that sometimes the auto plunger fork thing touches the rubber. Not sure how hard that thing is to remount... I'll look into it later.
-ben

I have owned six NIB pins and on four of them the plunger was far enough off center that I had to correct. I mean I was the first person to play since it left the factory. It's the first thing I check.

#9 10 years ago

Yup, I got it readjusted pretty easily once I got the screws loosened, launching is much better now. Though it's still not completely fixed, it is much much better.

-ben

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-auto-plunge-really-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.