(Topic ID: 54726)

X-MEN 1.3 (LE)!! Rcade's initial rules findings and other stuffs!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
xmen.jpg
Combo_Names.jpg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I have left the hero stacking on and on the pro all x-men have to be either flashing or lit before starting magneto multiball. Danger room will then be available after defeating magneto.
I often get all the heros but not as often to danger room.
I really prefer the game this way with hero stacking, it gives it a more frenetic feel and suits the game more than adding one hero at a time imo.

Agree 100%, feels like you are working as a team with the hero stacking on.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I often get all the heros but not as often to danger room.
I really prefer the game this way with hero stacking, it gives it a more frenetic feel and suits the game more than adding one hero at a time imo.

It must be an Aussie thing lads

I prefer the stacking off. Makes the game a little tougher and makes you pick your shots even more.

I finally got to DR on the new code in the weekend. Played about 80 games with stacking off. Got 190m. (Game is set up tough) didn't complete DR but must have been close. Think I was on the 4th wave?

Whereas I played with stacking on for a few weeks before that, got to DR twice and had all Heros complete about 5 times. In 10 games total.

All good though! Each to their own. I can see the attractiveness of stacking the Heroes. Its just not for me

rd.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All good though! Each to their own. I can see the attractiveness of stacking the Heroes. Its just not for me

I like having Hero's stacking set to 'ON'. I scored more points. I liked the craziness of the game play. But then Rcade told me that I would have to complete the Magneto SJP which is something I just can't seem to do. So I now play with Hero's stacking 'off'. Not as fun and I still cant get to Danger Room but I have come close. Once.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It must be an Aussie thing lads
I prefer the stacking off. Makes the game a little tougher and makes you pick your shots even more.
I finally got to DR on the new code in the weekend. Played about 80 games with stacking off. Got 190m. (Game is set up tough) didn't complete DR but must have been close. Think I was on the 4th wave?
Whereas I played with stacking on for a few weeks before that, got to DR twice and had all Heros complete about 5 times. In 10 games total.
rd.

I'm with you RD; more strategy involved with them off and interacts the villains a bit better. Meaning, if Im about to start iceman or Phoenix, I try to get BH or HFC lit first. Another example is stacking shadow king with Xavier. Hero stacking on just seems to be shoot anything and everything. I dunno, maybe I'll try it again - but rushing through hero modes while villain modes move at a snails pace seems off balance. There's a nice equilibrium with heroes and villains when stacking is off. I've come one villain away from DP twice! One of those times I hadn't gotten to DR and almost got DP going before doing DR which seems to be pretty uncommon.

#155 10 years ago

Yeah I was going to say the same thing SKB ...

Rob, try and do what SKB says and start a hero before you start a Villian Multiball.

When the multball starts, aim the balls at the hero you started.

They will soon be completed.

Also, if you go back to Rcades original rules, you can see that with most heroes there are multiple ways to complete them. For example, with Phoenix you can (from memory) hit Phoenix shot 2x, or Cyclops 4x, or Wolverine 6x. Or something like that. So if you have difficulty hitting the Phoenix shot, just smash wolverine over and over.

Iceman is the hardest one, you need to hit the ramp 2x and that's that. Tight shot!

rd.

#156 10 years ago

Hey guys - great thread! Here is my question... I would like to try this Hero's stacking "on" thing to see how different the game is. I have an LE - are you talking about changing feature adjustment #8 "Enable X-men stackable modes" to yes? The factory setting is no. Thanks!

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Hey guys - great thread! Here is my question... I would like to try this Hero's stacking "on" thing to see how different the game is. I have an LE - are you talking about changing feature adjustment #8 "Enable X-men stackable modes" to yes? The factory setting is no. Thanks!

Pretty sure that's the one.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Pretty sure that's the one.

Thank you!

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm with you RD; more strategy involved with them off and interacts the villains a bit better. Meaning, if Im about to start iceman or Phoenix, I try to get BH or HFC lit first. Another example is stacking Shadow king with Xavier. Hero stacking on just seems to be shoot anything and everything. I dunno, maybe I'll try it again - but rushing through hero modes while villain modes move at a snails pace seems off balance. There's a nice equilibrium with heroes and villains when stacking is off. I've come one villain away from DP twice! One of those times I hadn't gotten to DR and almost got DP going before doing DR which seems to be pretty uncommon.

I couldn't agree more. I personally think the code that came out early with hero stacking on kind of jaded some peoples opinion of the game. The reason I say this is when friends came over and they had 3-5 modes running I couldn't even tell them all the things they could shoot for or what strategy to use to complete them. They were so confused and rightfully so.

When the new update came out a friend that plays a lot of pinball came over with the feeling that he did not like it much after playing the version with hero stacking on. With hero stacking off I was able to explain things to him and he got some nice scores and said he actually really liked the pin now. I dislike playing with hero stacking on but as rotordave said to each their own.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

They were so confused and rightfully so

Dude... well said!

I tried the stacking thing and after one game that was enough for me!

#161 10 years ago

It's easier to follow things without stacking and makes the game much better. It's like lotr where only one mode is running at a time. Imagine if all modes on that game ran at the same time, what a mess. Now, running multiple modes on TSPP does work.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Dude... well said!
I tried the stacking thing and after one game that was enough for me!

Hahaha you should have played it on the Xmas code!!

It was freaking nuts! Everything stacked!

It was like something stackable stacked upon it self and then stacked some more and then something stacked on top of that.

A lot of stacking.

Yes indeed.

A lot.

rd.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's easier to follow things without stacking and makes the game much better. It's like lotr where only one mode is running at a time. Imagine if all modes on that game ran at the same time, what a mess. Now, running multiple modes on TSPP does work.

I don't even like having Light Cycle and Quorra running the same time on Tron.

I just find you get NOTHING! because you can't focus on one or the other.

You just end up flailing balls hither and yonder and no Quorra super jackpots for you!!

rd.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Now, running multiple modes on TSPP does work.

It doesn't work for someone that doesn't know the game, as I have never been able to make heads or tails on TSPP.

Quoted from rotordave:

Hahaha you should have played it on the Xmas code!!

It was freaking nuts! Everything stacked!

It was like something stackable stacked upon it self and then stacked some more and then something stacked on top of that.

A lot of stacking.

Yes indeed.

A lot.

I don't think anything more stacked on the Xmas "Power Crap" code than stacks now if you turn the hero stacking on. It's the same mess, but even worse since you also have the clutter of combos added, taking up insert space that the game simply doesn't have to spare.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't think anything more stacked on the Xmas "Power Crap" code than stacks now if you turn the hero stacking on. It's the same mess, but even worse since you also have the clutter of combos added, taking up insert space that the game simply doesn't have to spare.

Yeah, it was worse because on the Xmas PowerCrap code it was only one shot to start each hero.

So within 30 seconds of starting the game you had 6 heroes running all at the same time ... Chaos ensues...

rd.

#166 10 years ago

I try not to remember that 'power crap' day; but because it was Xmas it was all to clear. My wife and I were prep'ing gifts and food to go visit the families. Meanwhile, wolverine was getting his update. 5 mins before we had to leave, the update finished! Yes! One game before we leave...........wtf is all I could think; I didn't even get through one game before I turned it off and though 'what a disaster'.

I now have an xmen pro; so that's gotta tell you something about how bad hero stacking was and how much better the code is now. One more update to come. I'm not expecting much; and I doubt we'll see another train wreck of a code like we saw last Xmas. I'm just crossing my fingers this game does not get another Xmas 'present' POWERpack update lol.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stacking really only works if it is understood what is going on in the game and that boils down to knowing the rules/modes.

Many games try to use different insert information (solid inserts or various degrees of insert brightness or varied blinking rates), but it only is effective if the rules are known and the player can remember what they have running.

In LOTR, (for example) when a ring mode is stacked with a multiball, the mb takes insert priority so the player has to remember the mode shot patterns or listen for audio cues. That takes a lot of experience.

#169 10 years ago

It would be really nice if they added an adjustment to allow a max number if heros to be stacked at one time. Like two heros max running simultaneously could be fun!

2 months later
#170 10 years ago

Just discovered something interesting... I think...

I HAVE HERO STACKING ENABLED.

I beat Magneto (got the SJP with 4 ball multiball), but did NOT have all heroes started yet. I then continued to play and managed to complete all heroes. I then battled Magneto again, but did not defeat him (did not get SJP). However, Danger Room started blinking.

I believe you must get a SJP and start all heroes, but not necessarily in that order. You do have to start Magneto though for it to notice you have all heroes at least started. Any chance someone else can confirm this for me?

#171 10 years ago

Tested and I could not duplicate your results on my machine (LE)
What I tested and my process:
With hero stacking ON
-first, for a control, I qualified Danger room my starting all the heroes first, then got MagsMB SJP to light DR at the scoop as "normal". It worked.
---restarted machine---
-next I start just two heroes before starting MagsMB and acquiring SJP, then I collected the rest of the heroes. DR did NOT light at scoop yet.
-I then started MagsMB again and let all ball drain without hitting a single JP. Again, no DR at scoop.
-next I started MagsMB again, but this time I got him to half health then drained all balls. Still no DR
-next I started MagsMB again (god damn a LOT of lite lock hits,lol) this time obtaining MagsMB SJP. DR lit at scoop, finally.

Could be a quirk in the Pro software as opposed to the LE. Either that or I or you missed some small detail that was a catalyst. But I tried as best I could to test it out and cover the bases. Hope this helps :/

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Tested and I could not duplicate your results on my machine (LE)
What I tested and my process:
With hero stacking ON
-first, for a control, I qualified Danger room my starting all the heroes first, then got MagsMB SJP to light DR at the scoop as "normal". It worked.
---restarted machine---
-next I start just two heroes before starting MagsMB and acquiring SJP, then I collected the rest of the heroes. DR did NOT light at scoop yet.
-I then started MagsMB again and let all ball drain without hitting a single JP. Again, no DR at scoop.
-next I started MagsMB again, but this time I got him to half health then drained all balls. Still no DR
-next I started MagsMB again (god damn a LOT of lite lock hits,lol) this time obtaining MagsMB SJP. DR lit at scoop, finally.
Could be a quirk in the Pro software as opposed to the LE. Either that or I or you missed some small detail that was a catalyst. But I tried as best I could to test it out and cover the bases. Hope this helps :/

Thanks for all the hard work. The only thing I can think of is that I had completed all the heroes before starting multiball the second time.

4 weeks later
#173 10 years ago

does anyone made a video of themselve playing a great game? Like collecting heros, beating villain and getting to DR? I really would like to get a feel of how the game is with the latest code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-13-le-rcades-initial-rules-findings-and-other-stuffs/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.