(Topic ID: 54726)

X-MEN 1.3 (LE)!! Rcade's initial rules findings and other stuffs!!

By Rcade

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 173 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
xmen.jpg
Combo_Names.jpg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Okay XM players, here's where I will start to compile sme basic findings of the new current code released June 21st. Right now, my findings are VERY rough. You won't find as much detail here yet, but as time goes on I (we) will start to fill in the gaps and make the vision clearer. So here we goooooooooo....

#3 10 years ago

-----UNIQUE COMBOS-----

Here's the unique combo listings. Scores are dynamic dependent on heroes that have been started/completed that are involved in that unique combo, but I will say that with NO heroes start and/or completed, the LOWEST you get for a unique combo is 325k, which still isn't shabby at all in XM. So these combos can really crack open your scoring potential. The more you complete and combo, the bigger the payoff!! Enough of me, here they are:

NOTE: the starting shot IS integral to the combo. So the names are specific in order!

Beast+Storm=Meteorology
Beast+Wolvie=Savage Animals
Beast+Rogue=Beauty and the Beast
Beast+Xavier=Sharp Minds
Clops+Xavier=Teacher's Pet
Clops+Rogue=Power Drain
Clops+Storm=Gold and Blue Leader
Clops+Wolvie=Rivals
Storm+Iceman=Hailstorm
Storm(OR Xavier)+Pheonix+Wolvie=Unrequited Love
Storm(OR Xavier)+Pheonix+Clops+Wolvie=Lovers Triangle
Storm(OR Xavier)+Phoenix+Iceman=Fire and Ice
Iceman+Beast=Angry Yeti
Iceman+Xavier=Brain Freeze
Xavier+Clops+Storm+Wolvie= X-Men Leaders

You'll notice that both Storm and Xavier are used as a qualifier shot for Pheonix. You have to "unlock" Pheonix as a combo starter by making one of these two shots first.

Xavier is just good to start combos anyways. Xavier isn't the start to any unique combos, so hitting Clops or iceman or Pheonix off of hitting him just gets you another chain in your combo and increases your points.

#4 10 years ago

----BROTHERHOOD MULTIBALL----

Brotherhood MB is pretty much the same from the previous code, except for one BIG change, that makes this mode MUCH easier to power through: the BH standup targets on the right side count as hits on the mini-bosses! This speeds things up A LOT. You still have to make the initial qualifying weak shot hit and to bring the mini-boss forward, but the targets will deal damage after that. I think it's 2-3 hits on the standups to kill each mini-boss. However, Mystique at the end of the mode is the same, and the standups are not damaging shots.

#5 10 years ago

-----DANGER ROOM WIZARD-----

To qualify:
With hero stacking OFF: COMPLETE all Hero modes and then DR will lit at scoop. Hit scoop to start DR.
With hero stacking ON: at least START all hero modes, THEN collect Magneto MB Super Jackpot (defeat Magneto). Once MagsMB ends, DR will light at scoop. You MUST collect the Mag SJP AFTER you've at least started all hero modes or DR will not light!

-DR is the same as in 1.24 and 1.05 that I could tell.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Storm(OR Xavier)+Pheonix+Wolvie=Unrequited Love
Storm(OR Xavier)+Pheonix+Clops+Wolvie=Lovers Triangle
Storm(OR Xavier)+Phoenix+Iceman=Fire and Ice

How do I get these combos when Pheonix shot sends the pinball into the pop bumpers or lock ? Thanks

#7 10 years ago

----DARK PHEONIX WIZARD----

To qualify: COMPLETE all Villain modes, including HFC and BH MBs. DP will light at scoop. Hit the scoop to start DP

Jean goes apesh!t!! It's time to suit up and work as a team and throw all you have at her to keep her from destroying the city!!

-DP is a single ball wizard
-except for the HFC and BH standups, every shot on the board is lit! Even the scoop!!
-the main goal for DP is to hit EVERY lit shot (including the scoop) TWICE. You start off at a 1mill JP for the first made shot, then every shot thereafter increases the JP by 100k per shot.
-after all shots are hit twice, shoot the scoop to collect the over 30mill SJP and end the mode!

Pretty straightforward wizard, for as difficult as it is to get to it, I had hoped that it would be worth more points. But it's still pretty cool! DR wizard is still more lucrative from a points perspective.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

How do I get these combos when Pheonix shot sends the pinball into the pop bumpers or lock ? Thanks

Yeah, that's the trick part. The lock will most likely time out the combo shot, but if the lock isn't lit, it is very possible for it to hit the pops and come back down to the left flipper before the lit combo shots time out.

IMO, a successful ball lock should reset the combo shot timer

#9 10 years ago

----Iceman ramp moving due to combos?----

Okay, I've found out WHY the ramp moves after a point during combos, but the qualifications of HOW are a little hit and miss, so I'll do the best I can....

-during my testing, the ramp seemed to move into place after I successfully achieved at least a 5-way combo. But not all 5-ways, I think it has to be a 5-way that DOESN'T use the iceman shot as a part of the combo. I'm looking into it further, but for now, just know that it is triggered by achieving a certain combo chain amount.

-the purpose of the ramp is that it's an infinite combo multiplier opportunity. If you make a shot while the ramp is all the way docked to the left, it will stay there. You can now continually shoot the iceman shot ad infinitum to build up combo chain, I'm talking 30+way combos. Iceman hero mode WILL activate during this, but if you're murdering hitting the iceman shot, this just means even MORE points.

-the ramp will stay in place until you miss the ramp and hit another switch, after which it will quickly time out and the ramp will move back and end the combo frenzy.

#10 10 years ago

Original X-Men would be Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, and Phoenix. Maybe professor X is part of this which could make it be Prof X to Iceman to Beast to Cyclops and then somehow to Phoenix? I will try to find it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Original X-Men would be Iceman, Beast, Cyclops, and Phoenix. Maybe professor X is part of this which could make it be Prof X to Iceman to Beast to Cyclops and then somehow to Phoenix? I will try to find it.

I've tried it all :/

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

the purpose of the ramp is that it's an infinite combo multiplier opportunity. If you make a shot while the ramp is all the way docked to the left, it will stay there. You can now continually shoot the iceman shot ad infinitum to build up combo chain

and this is awesome,goin for combos now for sure!!!!!

#13 10 years ago

-----MAGNETO MULTIBALL----

-The meat of MagsMB is pretty much the same; hero shots you make that haven't been started/completed are worth 50k, and hero shots you make that HAVE been started/completed are worth 300k, +50k per other hero started/collected.

-so if you start/complete every hero mode, then each shot is worth 1mill.

-progression to the SJP is still the same from 1.24/1.05

-after you collect the SJP, similar to 1.24/1.05, Mags, Iceman, Clops, Storm and Rogue will be lit for victory lap points of at least 600k per shot! Take as long as you want with the victory laps, you earned it! The victory laps will end when all but one ball drains.

-now, IF you have collected the SJP and have at LEAST STARTED (you don't have to beat them) BOTH DR and DP wizard modes, after your victory laps end, the scoop will start lighting up! I wonder what happens if you shoot it?!

-shoot the scoop after ending the victory laps and at least starting both other wizard modes, to Activate the yet-to-be-animated (just plain text on the screen) MULTIBALL WIZARD mode!

-the rules for this WMB seem identical currently to DP wizard mode: hit every shot twice and then hit the scoop a third time to collect the 30+mill SJP. The biggest difference between WMB and DP is that WMB is a MULTIBALL, while DP is a single ball. All scoring is e same, I believe.

-AFTER either beating OR draining down to one ball, the WMB will end, and ALL the Hero and Villain mode inserts will reset! So THAT'S how you get them to reset! :p. just simply get to BOTH Wizard modes, collect the MagsMB SJP and start WMB. Simple, yes?

My Opinion/intuition: I think that the Rules for this mode are temporary. I don't think that the final version of WMB will just be a mirror of DP, I think they just input DP mode rules in order to have some kind of scoring opportunity here. The mode is also NOT on a timer, so I don't think it's Deadpool either, at least not with those rules. So in short, it's just a placeholder.

I am of the suspicion now that Deadpool mode will be a 45 sec fast scoring wizard that will kill the flippers after 45 secs, a'la System Failure in Jurrasic Park, which I think would be awesome, I LOVE getting to System Failure on JP. Either that or some type of Sea of Simulation type if mode where you can collect and complete uncollected heroes. *shrugs* who knows.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

----DARK PHEONIX WIZARD----

Thats almost exactly the same thing that Danger Room used to be, isn't it. Think this one might be a placeholder for now.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I got Unrequited Love and Fire and Ice during a multiball flail-fest and don't really see anyone getting it any other way. It's possible, but you are at the mercy of the pops and even if it does drop out in time.....not a very combo feeling combo.

The whole adding Phoenix to have combo shots after a Xavier or Storm hit seems un-needed and convoluted. Why require that opening hit? A better question is why consider any hit after Phoenix as a combo hit? It might lock, it might stay in the pops, it might roll back up to Beast, it might roll back through Phoenix, it might go in the scoop, it might trickle out and hit the sling? Too many variables in there to count on it being a combo-able shot.

There are plenty of REAL combo shots that are available and unused for unique combo shots. I'm guessing that they thought of the name and then had to make up a way to do the combo. I don't really agree with having shots that have to be lucked into. Combos should be turned off during multiball modes in my opinion (added insert clutter and no real way for the game to track them).

PS: Thanks for doing the run down on the updated rules and features Rcade. I would think original X-Men would involve Cyclops, Beast, Phoenix and possibly Xavier. I also don't see this one being one that can realistically being done except multiball (aka slop combo).

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Thats almost exactly the same thing that Danger Room used to be, isn't it. Think this one might be a placeholder for now.

Might be, I dunno. Ive never gotten to DR mode until after DR was finished. Would make sense though as to why DP and WMB are the same rules

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Beast to Cyclops? I know that is just a guess, I have to say...the more I hear about the combos...the less I like them.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I am of the suspicion now that Deadpool mode will be a 45 sec fast scoring wizard that will kill the flippers after 45 secs, a'la System Failure in Jurrasic Park, which I think would be awesome, I LOVE getting to System Failure on JP. Either that or some type of Sea of Simulation type if mode where you can collect and complete uncollected heroes. *shrugs* who knows.

I'll guess just a timed fast scoring mode, but I don't know what will qualify it.

As for getting to the last wizard mode: Do you have to do the Mags super jackpot last or can you do the Mags super early in the game and it still light at the scoop when that last qualification is met?

#19 10 years ago

No, beast doesn't light Clops as a combo. All of Beast's comboable shots are unique finishers.

I'm also not sure if they will consider Pheonix as an original X-men, as she was Jean Grey then. *shrugs* but rest assured, I spent pretty much 2 hours trying every configuration of starters and such to include every combination of Beast,X,Clops,Iceman and Pheonix. I even included Storm's shot into my research because it's also used as the Archangel shot, and he's the only OG X-men without a physical shot

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As for getting to the last wizard mode: Do you have to do the Mags super jackpot last or can you do the Mags super early in the game and it still light at the scoop when that last qualification is met?

.....damnitt...*goes back to the grindstone*......

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

.....damnitt...*goes back to the grindstone*......

And does Mags SJP reset things even if DR or DP have not been started?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

And does Mags SJP reset things even if DR or DP have not been started?

No. mags' SJP isn't what resets the heroes and villains, it's getting to Wizard MULTIBALL that does

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Okay, thanks for the push to clarify.

YES Mags' SJP can be done early!

The WIZARD MULTIBALL qualifications are:
-start DR wizard (completing it not needed)
-start DP wizard (completing it not needed)
-collect Mags' SJP
- in any order, doesn't matter as long as you meet those requirements. After you exit the last required mode, the scoop will light up for WMB

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'll guess just a timed fast scoring mode, but I don't know what will qualify it.

I think it's gonna be where the WMB is now. Get both other wizards and collect mags SJP. I think WMB is a placeholder for Deadpool to be inserted once completed.

Having thought that, that's still a CRAZY hard qualifier for a wizard mode. Completing all the villains is crazy enough to get to DP. Deadpool is the next Valinor!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I think it's gonna be where the WMB is now. Get both other wizards and collect mags SJP. I think WMB is a placeholder for Deadpool to be inserted once completed.
Having thought that, that's still a CRAZY hard qualifier for a wizard mode. Completing all the villains is crazy enough to get to DP. Deadpool is the next Valinor!

After all that work of beating everything there is to beat in the game....you think there is going to be a timed, fast scoring mode as the grand finale of the game? Deadpool is going to be the big final bad guy of the game?

I see a couple of problems with this. Firstly....only 1% of pinball players will EVER get to this mode (and people want to see / play Deadpool mode). Secondly...I don't see Deadpool as the villain that is going to destroy the earth or whatever epic badness the games final villain is planning on doing.

If the Mags super is only used to qualify this final Wizard mode...I would guess it to be a Mags rematch. The game knows you have already beat him once to get there.

I would still vote for Deadpool mode right after a Mags super and the Mags super also be used as a qualifier for the final Wizard mode (which should be a Mags rematch with different goals, DMD animations and callouts from the regular Mags multiball).

PS: A big surprise to even see this 3rd wizard mode. I'm really glad the beating Danger Room and having to get a Mags super to get Dark Phoenix was removed.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks for all you work Rcade and for posting it here. Most appreciated!

#27 10 years ago

I agree that Deadpool as the final wizard multiball makes no sense at all. Deadpool should be the combo multiball after getting a certain number of combos. As it is combos are awesome, but they need some sort of goal and reward. Deadpool needs a mode. Match made in heaven! If they want to make it more difficult, there could be a requirement to "collect" each of the unique combos or something like that.

As for what the final wizard mode should be, I agree it should have something to do with Magneto. Afterall, he is their main foe and has a habit of coming back again and again, so it could work. Maybe base it around some epic comic storyline. I never read much of the comics, so can't comment on what, but I'm sure there is something they could easily pull from. Make it insanly epic. Maybe have to battle the Brotherhood and Magneto at the same time? Lots of possibilities to keep it fresh and different from the first battle.

I also honestly think that they should dial down the difficulty of achieving at least one of the current wizard modes. It seems like most great games have a mini-wizard mode that the average player can get to. I know Danger Room should be that, but honestly I consider myself an average player and I haven't been anywhere near it yet. I know some of you can get there regularly, but us "normal" people don't have a chance! I hit Attack on the Helicarrier on Avengers last night, and that was what I would consider just the right amount of challenge. For me, I think Danger Room should qualify by starting each hero, not having to complete them. Completed heros could add a ton of points or do extra damage or something, but at least let us get there with just starting them. This could be along the lines of Final Frontier on ST:TNG. Starting modes gets you there, finishing them makes it way more lucritive. That way everyone would be happy.

Honestly they could do the same with the villians / Dark Phoenix now too. It made sense to be nearly impossible before, but now that there is an even further goal for the wizards, why not dial it back a hair? Let us mortals experience Danger Room or Dark Phoenix when we have a really great game. There's no way we will do both plus a Magneto SJP in the same game, even if they are both made easier! That one can "belong" to the true wizards!

All this is just thinking out loud of course...the game is freaking fantastic just how it is. It could use that last little bit of polish, which I sure hope it gets, but if not I am still happy as-is.

#28 10 years ago

Agree final would have to be Magneto. Since he's already a part of the main game, I don't know Apocalypse? Or maybe Galactus?

#29 10 years ago

Final mode should be battle for man kind.

Good mutant vs bad mutants when you make a shot you defeat a bad mutant and when you miss a hero falls.

Start with a hero vs X villain. miss the shot and then the next hero is up. Make it the hero stays and the next villain is up. Once all hero's are gone the mode is over. Once all villains are defeated you win and man kind is safe

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Good mutant vs bad mutants when you make a shot you defeat a bad mutant and when you miss a hero falls.
Start with a hero vs X villain. miss the shot and then the next hero is up. Make it the hero stays and the next villain is up. Once all hero's are gone the mode is over. Once all villains are defeated you win and man kind is safe

That actually sounds pretty awesome!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

hank527 said:

That actually sounds pretty awesome!

It would be epic. Kind of like Destroy the Ring in LOTR though with several shots. I would code it so it starts off with having to make 1 of maybe 5 open shots (make certain switches miss ie defeat the Hero. Say first shot everything but the scoop would allow the hero to defeat the villain. On shot 2 everything but the scoop and Rogue etc.., If your good you'd have no heros dead and like 4-5 misses at the end to start final multi ball. Then on the next villain 1 of maybe 4 shots etc.. until Magneto is left then hit the center shot to start the final multiball and save man kind.

#32 10 years ago

First, thanks rcade for the rules... again!

Good idea for the "final" wizard mode, hank527! But I selfishly would ****LOVE**** it if...

Quoted from playboywillis:

Or maybe Galactus?

GALACTUS WOULD BE EPIC! What a finale to the game!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I like the battle for mankind idea.

If they make Deadpool a fast scoring mode qualified by combos, then I think the Battle for mankind should be where the WMB is now. But I don't think it should be Magneto as the focus. Since in order to get into WMN you have to get to collect all heroes, beat all villains and defeat Mags, it makes sense to me that Apocalypse would be the uber villain. With all the heroes assembled, villains defeated and Nags out of commission, Apocalypse swoops in to lay waste to humanity.

To me, Galactus is too über a villain, but Apocalypse is still more dangerous and has more gravitas than Mags, and is someone that would be defeatable by the X-Men team.

The mode would make sense if certain combo shots were lit to do damage, so the only way to damage Apocalypse is for the XM to team up. Add in NC for combo enders during it and it may be a rather fun mode. I dunno. *shrugs*

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I like the battle for mankind idea.
If they make Deadpool a fast scoring mode qualified by combos, then I think the Battle for mankind should be where the WMB is now. But I don't think it should be Magneto as the focus. Since in order to get into WMN you have to get to collect all heroes, beat all villains and defeat Mags, it makes sense to me that Apocalypse would be the uber villain. With all the heroes assembled, villains defeated and Nags out of commission, Apocalypse swoops in to lay waste to humanity.
To me, Galactus is too über a villain, but Apocalypse is still more dangerous and has more gravitas than Mags, and is someone that would be defeatable by the X-Men team.
The mode would make sense if certain combo shots were lit to do damage, so the only way to damage Apocalypse is for the XM to team up. Add in NC for combo enders during it and it may be a rather fun mode. I dunno. *shrugs*

This would be great. And I love Deadpool as a reward for combos.

#35 10 years ago

1) Battle for Mankind Wizard mode...YES!

2) Apocalypse as ultimate villain at end of BFMK...YES!!!

3) Deadpool fast scoring mode as a reward for combos...YES!!!!!!

Adding these awesome ideas in would have top 5 Stern written all over X-Men. Also, telling you how many combos you have done in instant info and at the end of the game would be great.

--Luke

#36 10 years ago

Why is the Cyclops/Rogue combo called Power Drain? Does it drop the ball out of the Magneto lock towards the flippers and center drain?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Why is the Cyclops/Rogue combo called Power Drain? Does it drop the ball out of the Magneto lock towards the flippers and center drain?

Maybe because of their mutant powers...Cyclops = power?, Rogue = drain.

--Luke

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Maybe because of their mutant powers...Cyclops = power?, Rogue = drain.
--Luke

Hahah, of course. My first immediate thought was that it'll cause a power drain.

#39 10 years ago

Thanks for all your work Rcade (both figuring it out and typing it up).

By the way, have you seen anything related to a combo extra ball?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Adding these awesome ideas in would have top 5 Stern written all over X-Men. Also, telling you how many combos you have done in instant info and at the end of the game would be great.
--Luke

Waison on code so none of anyone's cool ideas will happen... YES!!!

#41 10 years ago

Has there ever been a more talked about game than X men, good or bad other than WOZ
I think not

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has there ever been a more talked about game than X men, good or bad.
I think not

First 3 mos Pre release - good
First 10 mos post release - bad
First 3 days post 1.3 code - good
Future - unknown but its looking good...real good.
Conclusion; great game that finally came together despite all the controversy. Lets just hope it doesn't get another power pack

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

--Luke

Yes only issue then is WPX should alternate between WPX and Deadpool mode. Maybe Weapon X at first a gimme multiball make a few combos and then deadpool fast scoring would be active after x many hits to Wolverine. This would solve the repetitive Weapon X mode and make deadpool fairly easy to obtain. Something needs to be done with WPX. Its really quite horrible as is.

#44 10 years ago

I dont get the repetitive weapon x mb debacle. Sure, when my mother in law or nephews play they get it all the time. But, when i play - im shooting for scoop, beast, xavier, or magneto on the right flipper and use wolverine as a set up to stack with a villain. I understand there's going to be accidental hits on wolverine and thats the beauty of pinball is your next game doesnt always play like your last. But most of us who complain about this weapon x feature are good enough players to use it as a strategy and not as a crutch.

#45 10 years ago

I think that if Waison does these 4 things:

1. Finish off the FINAL wizard mode (either mega battle with Magneto or Apocalypse)
2. Have Deadpool as a fast scoring mode as a reward for combos
3. Do something with Wolverine in addition to Weapon X
4. Minor tweaks, fixes and polish

This will be an outstanding game.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dont get the repetitive weapon x mb debacle. Sure, when my mother in law or nephews play they get it all the time. But, when i play - im shooting for scoop, beast, xavier, or magneto on the right flipper and use wolverine as a set up to stack with a villain. I understand there's going to be accidental hits on wolverine and that's the beauty of pinball is your next game doesn't always play like your last. But most of us who complain about this weapon x feature are good enough players to use it as a strategy and not as a crutch.

It takes a crapload of hits to restart him, so yeah I don't see it as that much of an issue. I've had games where I didn't complete the mode after starting it twice and it takes forever to qualify him again.

That said I don't like the mode much at all. Really annoys me how the ball saver/launch disables phoenix and beast shots, if you want to hit the left side targets there's nothing at all to do.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

It takes a crapload of hits to restart him, so yeah I don't see it as that much of an issue. I've had games where I didn't complete the mode after starting it twice and it takes forever to qualify him again.
That said I don't like the mode much at all. Really annoys me how the ball saver/launch disables phoenix and beast shots, if you want to hit the left side targets there's nothing at all to do.

I havent played 1.3 yet; did it change? i remember beast, rogue, storm, cyclops, phoenix being available shots; then hit wolverine after one of those shots made. Rinse + Repeat til xavier, mageneto, cyclops open up. Is that not right? im going off memory.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I havent played 1.3 yet; did it change? i remember beast, rogue, storm, cyclops, phoenix being available shots; then hit wolverine after one of those shots made. Rinse + Repeat til xavier, mageneto, cyclops open up. Is that not right? im going off memory.

I think he just meant that when beast is disabled during a ball save, there's no shot that you can immediately hit on the left side.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I think he just meant that when beast is disabled during a ball save, there's no shot that you can immediately hit on the left side.

huh, never noticed that before. thanks for the clarification. Guess they disable him to prevent auto plunge phantom hits?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dont get the repetitive weapon x mb debacle. Sure, when my mother in law or nephews play they get it all the time. But, when i play - im shooting for scoop, beast, xavier, or magneto on the right flipper and use wolverine as a set up to stack with a villain. I understand there's going to be accidental hits on wolverine and thats the beauty of pinball is your next game doesnt always play like your last. But most of us who complain about this weapon x feature are good enough players to use it as a strategy and not as a crutch.

This. I know SKB is an outstanding player, but as I've said before, I'm pretty much one step below "average" as a player and I've never had a problem with WXMB. Sure, every 6 or so games, I'll be having a flail-fest trying to gain control of the ball and in the frenzy accidentally start WXMB, but most the time I can purposefully ignore them, save hitting him when bricking the Beast shot, and even then by the time I get to starting Sentinels he is usually 1-2 shots away from stacking WXMB, which is awesome.

The auto plunge issue does suck, but if it wasn't like that, you could just purposefully drain balls while the save was on to register hits.

And as far as WXMB being a "gimme" MB; I think hobbyists tend to forget that these are made to cater to both home ownership just as much as location, non-pinhead players. So having an easy MB with a cool opening animation and magnet work really works for the layman walking up and putting a buck in because they think the theme is cool. Also, when I have company over, all my non-pinhead friends and kids loooove getting that MB, and it makes it fun for them.

Pins can't all be engineered specifically for home use by hobbyists who know every inch of the code. There has to be a balance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-13-le-rcades-initial-rules-findings-and-other-stuffs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.