(Topic ID: 25927)

X-men 1.21 (LE) 1.02 (Pro) Update talkback.

By Rarehero

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 11 years ago

Other thread is too big and crazy...here's a specfic one for the update.

V1.21 - September 24, 2012
    =======================
    - Fixed an issue in Sentinels mode where new sentinels may not appear after one was destroyed. This only occurred when Magneto Multiball was started during Sentinels mode
    - Adjusted the scoring in both Beast and Iceman modes. Scores are now 700,000 for the first shot and 1,300,000 for the second.
    - Fixed an issue where Magneto "ball locked" and multiball jackpot speech calls repeated in an unintended fashion. These speech calls are now evenly spaced for repetition.
    - Fixed an issue where hitting the pop bumpers during Beast mode overrode the full shot award. Now the Beast shot award has higher priority.
    - Added back panel flasher lightshow for Storm mode.
    - Added sound effects to the outlanes.
    - Changed Xavier mode. Now when Xavier mode starts, the player can attempt to blindly find the mutant. The player has the option to hit the Xavier shot instead to reveal the mutant. Finding the mutant blindly is worth more points.
    _ Fixed an issue where the side banks were not displaying their information correctly.

#2 11 years ago

If you find new things not listed in the readme, list them! I've only played a few games so far, here's one I noticed:

-New audio during Sentinel intro ...crowd chanting "No more mutants!"

I like the new Xavier rules...it also starts with a cool new light show!

#3 11 years ago

Only worthwhile thing talking about is Xavier. Thats a cool rule...DEADPOOL ROCKS......on my comic reader that is.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for posting it on a separate thread - that other one is ridiculously long.

#5 11 years ago

Xavier is sweet.
    Are they referring to just the speech call outs for magneto as a fix?
    Or did they actually fix the two ball release problem?
    I still have a lot of those (more than not)
    What's odd is I didn't see that happen once on a pro just on the LE is there this problem.
    Anybody have a solution?

#6 11 years ago

Oh shit...time to get busy.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

#7 11 years ago

Didn't even know it was released. lol

Thanks Greg.

Tom.

#8 11 years ago

Wait is this a new patch today?

#9 11 years ago

v1.21 sounds like a new patch today if so tonight

yeah ty for the post

#10 11 years ago

I think the new code is pretty darn cool. I like the storm light show and Xavier changes. Can't wait for the big update!

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What's odd is I didn't see that happen once on a pro just on the LE is there this problem.

I haven't had the problem even once on my pro... the lock always releases just one ball. I probably shouldn't have said that, though. Knock on wood!!!

#11 11 years ago

Hope they at least fixed the magneto instant 2 ball multiball. Been waiting for that to get fixed as well as moving ramp before starting a TOPPs tourney. Wasting time with light shows instead of fixing the core problems separates Lyman from the rest of the staff there.

#12 11 years ago

I'm sorry, but the sound effects they added are lame. They can do better.

They added some intro sound effects/call outs to Sentenial mode as well.
    I do love Xavier mode now.

No bug fixes that I'm aware of yet.

#13 11 years ago

This is an amazing code update in just a short amount of time! And there is definitely more to come per Gary Stern! I just played a few games after the update and all I have to say is WOW!!

Those that moved this game early are going to regret it! YES!!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

This is an amazing code update in just a short amount of time!

Can i have the update you got? I really like the xavier mode change.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Really glad they added the outlane sounds. Have not done the update yet to hear them, so cant comment on the actually sound call.

But I do hope they add idle flipper button VO or SFX calls!
    Seriously this should be standard on every game.

#16 11 years ago

Greg or anyone else.
    See what happens when you go into Xavior the second time in a single game. When I got into that mode for the second time, Nightcrawlers started popping up. I hit the on on the right side and the damn ball came back SDTM. Not sure if they would have kept popping up or what.

#17 11 years ago

Guys I can't get my update to load and I'm not sure why! I removed the last update off this flash drive. I moved the top switch to on, and get to the screen where it looks for the updated file but it can't find it. The file on my flash drive is called XMLE1-21.bin and is 31.7MB in size. Does all that sound right?

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

This is an amazing code update in just a short amount of time! And there is definitely more to come per Gary Stern! I just played a few games after the update and all I have to say is WOW!!

Awesome news.

I think the same will apply to Transformers at Xmas time after the power pack update. Hope so anyway!

10 grand by Xmas!!!

Dave.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

10 grand by Xmas!!!
    Dave.

Now that is a Christmas present. Thanks MN.....uh I mean Gary. Can't wait to cash in!!!

#20 11 years ago

Csmpt
    That's right. Working fine for me. On
    Y Mac I download it open and unzip and the. Place on the thumb drive. I always use an empty thumb drive

#21 11 years ago

crap, then I have no idea why this isn't working.

#22 11 years ago

Xavier mode is cool! This game has one of the best light shows in any game to date.

Ball drain noise is pretty lame.

#23 11 years ago

Weird. I deleted it and tried it again and on the 3rd attempt it worked. Whew!!!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

crap, then I have no idea why this isn't working.

I got a new thumb drive and made sure the file was not in a folder. Don't know if you followed these instructions yet, but if you haven't, here you go.

http://sternpinball.com/IntroSAM.html

Make sure you flipped the dip switch #8 to on.

#25 11 years ago

This is my firs

Quoted from cscmtp:Weird. I deleted it and tried it again and on the 3rd attempt it worked. Whew!!!

This is my first Stern with the SAM board system and I also had trouble updating my code tonight but it was the first time I ever attempted it.

Things I learned.

-Fat 32 File System

-If it does not find your jump drive, push the reset button on the board and insert the drive again when prompted.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Greg or anyone else.
    See what happens when you go into Xavior the second time in a single game. When I got into that mode for the second time, Nightcrawlers started popping up. I hit the on on the right side and the damn ball came back SDTM. Not sure if they would have kept popping up or what.

After playing Xaviar several times the NCs act differently at times.Sometimes they will pop up back and forth every 3-4 seconds,sometimes they won't appear,and other times the right will pop up like a barrier and will not register a hit or drop until the mode is over.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Xavier mode is cool! This game has one of the best light shows in any game to date.
    Ball drain noise is pretty lame.

Better light show than AC/DC LE's? Can't wait to get home!!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

Better light show than AC/DC LE's? Can't wait to get home!!

Oh hell yeah!! The added lightshows are very well done!

#29 11 years ago

i cant really hear the outlane sounds .. pheonix mode i think has louder sound effect when firebird goes across screen .. sentinal mode has cool intro .. no more mutant chant .. cool so far

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Ummmm NO!

#31 11 years ago

Only got 1 game in, but the changes are all definite improvements. And I kinda liked the "nooooo" call out after the ball drain.

#32 11 years ago

Cool, I am glad to see this game get an update. Hopefully more incremental updates will come for XMen and ACDC rather than having to wait for super packs...

#33 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up rarehero! Man I had no idea can't wait to see what they have done so far.

#34 11 years ago

Frownie faces: the moving ramp leaving too early and dropping the ball and the double ball release from magneto still there; both things that were not in 1.1 and things I would think would be fixed sooner to prevent pf damage

#35 11 years ago

OK, here's a change that I didn't see in the changelog:

Iceman ramp no longer moves back and forth during iceman and magneto MB modes. It moves to the left and stays put until the mode is over.

Quoted from sd_tom:

Frownie faces: the moving ramp leaving too early and dropping the ball and the double ball release from magneto still there; both things that were not in 1.1 and things I would think would be fixed sooner to prevent pf damage

I am not sure what you consider "too early". It has to leave sometime. When you complete the mode - whatever one you're in, it moves back into place. You should know when this is.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

the double ball release from magneto still there;

Adjust the switch and this goes away. Rare Hero explained how a long time ago when this issue was first raised.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

OK, here's a change that I didn't see in the changelog:
    Iceman ramp no longer moves back and forth during iceman and magneto MB modes. It moves to the left and stays put until the mode is over.

No it doesn't. I played Iceman...it moved.

Quoted from markmon:

I am not sure what you consider "too early". It has to leave sometime. When you complete the mode - whatever one you're in, it moves back into place. You should know when this is.

Too early means you shoot the ramp and the Iceman ramp moves before the ball can get to the other side. This happens during Magneto & Sabertooth. This has nothing to do with player timing...it has to do with the game saying "It's OK to move when the right ramp switch is detected" It should either have some delay timing built in, or wait until the left inlane is detected.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No it doesn't. I played Iceman...it moved.

Too early means you shoot the ramp and the Iceman ramp moves before the ball can get to the other side. This happens during Magneto & Sabertooth. This has nothing to do with player timing...it has to do with the game saying "It's OK to move when the right ramp switch is detected" It should either have some delay timing built in, or wait until the left inlane is detected.

And I played iceman and completed it and it did not move. Stayed left the entire time.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Adjust the switch and this goes away. Rare Hero explained how a long time ago when this issue was first raised.

No, as I was trying to figure out it - I realized the switch has nothing to do with it. The down/up movement of the lock mech has its own timing...it's not related to the switch. The timing works if there's one ball...but if there are 2 or 3 sometimes it doesn't work and a ball gets loose. I was told they were working on an adjustment setting for this....doesn't look like it's in this release, though.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

And I played iceman and completed it and it did not move. Stayed left the entire time.

Did you shoot the 2nd shot right after the first? I noticed the ramp seemed to stay a little longer...so if you shot it right away then that would have ended the mode...but played a few times and didn't make the 2nd shot right away, and it still did the back 'n forth move.

#41 11 years ago

just played quite a few games .. i can never hear the outlane sounds .. took glass off and tested them .they are there every 2nd time , very quite and not activated every time .. my switch works perfect -- just no sound on every trigger.. surely they will adjust this

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Those in the know, including him I believe, said to not do his mod as it was going to be fixed in software, so I haven't futzed with it

#43 11 years ago

I also have not heard any outlane sound effect.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you shoot the 2nd shot right after the first? I noticed the ramp seemed to stay a little longer...so if you shot it right away then that would have ended the mode...but played a few times and didn't make the 2nd shot right away, and it still did the back 'n forth move.

I did make the shot twice, but normally it would have moved back and forth at least twice in the amount of time I took to make both shots. I also noticed that the left inlane insert never lit and I still was able to complete the iceman mode. I'll go play again and purposely start the mode and not finish it and see what happens.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This is what I was referring too; the ball just about out of the ramp when it starts to move, but not all the way.. I would say 90% of the time it's fine, just kind of clunky transition.. But sometimes ball bounces off edge of receiving ramp and onto pf. Adding 1 more second wait from when the entry switch triggered before ramp starts moving would fix it.

#46 11 years ago

The xavier light show is only ok, but hey its a start.

I played a few games and noticed that the worst Beast quotes were gone ('something something something these are a few of my favorite things')

Was that just my luck?

#47 11 years ago

I'm probably imaging these things but here goes:

1. Cyclops spinner now making more of a light show with yellow dome flasher on right side

2. I swear my Wolverine and Magneto magnets are super strong now, throwing the ball like crazy

3. Did the word "MATCH" scroll from right to left across the DMD before?

Outlane sounds definitely there, I believe there are 2 different sounds

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

OK just played the game twice with the following tests:

1) start iceman. Ramp moved left. Held the ball without ever making a shot. Ramp stayed left. Mode timed out and ended. Never moving from left. At end while 0 was still on the screen the ramp started moving right and mode was ended.

2) start iceman. I immediately made the iceman shot while the ramp was left. Then timed out the above. Ramp still never moved. It stayed left the entire time.

I don't know what else to try. On iceman mode, my ramp moves left and stays put. Perhaps there's something that you hit on the game that moves the ramp during this mode.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

1) start iceman. Ramp moved left. Held the ball without ever making a shot. Ramp stayed left. Mode timed out and ended. Never moving from left. At end while 0 was still on the screen the ramp started moving right and mode was ended.

It only moves back to the right once you make the first shot.

Quoted from markmon:

2) start iceman. I immediately made the iceman shot while the ramp was left. Then timed out the above. Ramp still never moved. It stayed left the entire time.
    I don't know what else to try. On iceman mode, my ramp moves left and stays put. Perhaps there's something that you hit on the game that moves the ramp during this mode.

I just played the Iceman mode. Made the first shot with about 10 seconds left...after a second or two, the ramp moved back to the right...then back to the left again before the mode ended (then back to the right). Dunno why we're having different behavior...anyone else wanna chime in?

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I played one game on the new code, started iceman right away, ramp moved to the right again not allowing me to complete the mode. I turned off the game.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-121-le-102-pro-update-talkback and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.