• Latest reply 7 years ago by sevenrites
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

setup.jpeg

#1 9 years ago

just picked up an xfiles. first game ever played on it, first flipper shot i hit the left ramp. then i hit the right, left and right several more times . never played this title but im hitting ramps that r supposedly so hard to hit according to several reviews here on pinside . fyi from this pinsider... not at all imho.

#2 9 years ago

As an X Files owner, I will tell you... sometimes the ramp shots flow smoothly, other times you can buy one.

How do you have your legs levelers set up? I have mine half way out in the back and all the way in on the front. Had it setup this way since I bought the machine a couple of months ago. I recently bought a manual for it, and it says to have the levelers all the way in on all the legs. I'm going to give that a try next time I'm willing to crawl under it.

#3 9 years ago

Yup, as a new owner you might think it's all good. Wait for a few months of playing it. It goes from fun and challenging, to frustrating and bland, to sold... at least it did for me.

Congrats on the new pin. The theme is cool and it can be fun.

EDIT
Oh, you have 19 pins. Likely it'll be a good addition then. It was in my single pin collection, not a great only pin IMHO. Either way, enjoy!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from ddunlow:

manual for it, and it says to have the levelers all the way in on all the legs.

Why would it say this? Correct playfield angle is what is important. And having it level side to side. You definitely can't have the latter if the levelers are all the way in.

#5 9 years ago

The pin is designed with the pitch in mind. From the manual "With the Leg Levelers turned all the way in, the game pitch is 6.5 degrees; depending on the condition of the floor, adjust Leg Levelers as required."

I asked this question because when I bought this machine, it did not come with a manual. Since we started playing it, it seemed fast. I came across the leveler info in a post here on Pinside after I bought a manual. I went to the manual to the setup section and sure enough, it says to turn them all the way in and only adjust for level.

I haven't made that change yet. We like the fast play, but I will probably try it to feel the difference.

#6 9 years ago

Number 13 in the attached image.
setup.jpegsetup.jpeg

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have only been on the ownership side of pinball for a few months!!!

#7 9 years ago

no manual with mine either. my legs were almost all the way up in back, all the way down front. so far love the loop type thing in middle.

#8 9 years ago

lowered the back legs like mentioned....made game almost unplayable imho. had thoughts of selling....jacked them back up over half way and those thoughts went away. legs need to be up, more the better.

1 year later
#9 7 years ago

Very interesting. I just picked up my forth pin, an xfiles. So of course I'm searching Pinside and came across this after reading so many post about how hard it is to hit the ramps. I can hit the ramps frequent enough to make the game challenging but do-able. I have my front legs all the way down and the back up 1". I'm going to move the back up another inch and see what happens.

Like most pins, I can see Xfiles getting boring after a while but I'm building a home arcade and have plenty of room. It's a great addition to my other games and a familiar TV show and cool theme which are what many of my guest look for.

#10 7 years ago

The ramps are definitely difficult to hit more often than not in my opinion. I've got mine at 6.5 pitch based on the manual. I haven't really adjusted the levelers at all, but I'm probably going to begin experimenting a bit. I think it's difficult and challenging enough and can't imagine it getting any easier if I make it even steeper.

I love the game but it can be extremely frustrating...

A common thing I'm experiencing in my first month of ownership is too many drains down the left and right outlane and closing the gap all the way doesn't help either. The ball just flows so perfectly down the sides, probably more than it should. For example, I had an awesome ball 1 yesterday, around 10,000,000+ and then the next ball basically went down the left outlane and ball 3 went down the right - lost them both with less than 400,000 points total between ball 2 and 3.

After that I took a round on my punching bag. I don't usually get angered but that was pretty frustrating. Thought I was well on my way to a 20,000,000 game which definitely doesn't happen often at all. I think I only hit that many points on this one maybe 2-3 times now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-filesramps-hard-to-hitnot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.