(Topic ID: 165776)

X-Files Whitestar L200,201,204 issues (repairing battery leak)

By distantkitty

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I inherited an X-Files pinball game because it wasn't working and it has been sitting for many years along with being moved a lot in storage. Tooling around inside i found pretty significant battery leak damage. Some traces were completely eaten away. I THINK I repaired all the traces, the first couple times I wouldn't get L201 or L200 lights to light up, after cleaning some traces up I was able to get L201 to light up and later L200 with some resoldering. (They use to flicker at a very irregular pattern, i assumed dirty solder work)

At this point I have L200 and L201 constantly on.

Upon power on, I will hear a boot sound, I will sometimes get a Sega display screen but then goes away. The L204 is in a constant on/off state about a 2 second cycle. I hear a relay trigger then L204 goes off.

If I understand correctly, if L200 and L201 are lit up the CPU board is good? The L204 can be triggered from a watch dog not being connected? I've checked the ribbon cable several times since the watch dog line is in this cable.

The play field lights also flash in cycle with L204. I believe all my power rails are working too. I tested them with a DMM and the fuses. The lights signaling the rails are also on.

This is my very first time tinkering inside a pinball machine I may just be missing something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-whitestar-l200201204-issues-repairing-battery-leak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.