• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1182[1].JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just purchased a near mint X files And I can say that this game is way under rated. It is by far the hardest game I have ever played shots are tights and here are plenty of them.

I do not think it is the greatest game ever, but it is definitely a players game as I am constantly swearing at it.

Anyone else have comments on this game?

I just think it is very challenging and very over looked on pinside
The only complaint is the sounds or callouts are repetitive

I also think this game make RBION seem easy.

#12 10 years ago

I think it is the honeymoon phase, but something is way different with this game, Its brutally hard! That's what makes it so great. Most games I own I can get to wizard mode or close to it.

X-files is just so damn brutal and yes since it is in near mint condition I think that does bias a review of an older game. We will see if its up for sale in 3 months or not. Right now I'm going to say the game is a keeper until I can get to wizard mode, which I do not see happening.

1 week later
#27 10 years ago

2 weeks in and still loving it. Probably have 100 plus games on it and still cursing how hard it is

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I had an xfiles. It got boring after a while of shooting the loop shots. Also the game frustrated me with stupid programming rules like it forgetting your place in the game when you start a new mission. But what ruined the game for me was when the software glitched out on really long multiball causing the game to freeze at just over 14billion. On the good side the sound's, artwork and lights make it an attractive game. It did really good on route. Get some colored rubbers form Illinois pinball and some led's on the pop's and file cabinet to really pimp it out.

It would be great if someone revisited the code and just showed progress on the DMD

2 weeks later
#33 10 years ago

Still loving it even after I got STLE. So I think the newness is gone. Game is simply badass

3 weeks later
#36 10 years ago

Mine will be for sale when I need to make room

BDK and Champion pub are leaving first. I love X-files and still am digging it after 5 weeks. I think it will leave to make room for Hobbit or Stern's next after Mustang.

After playing X-files for about 5 weeks straight I am thinking it is a 6 month to a year game. Great to have and own for a bit, but will be hard to keep when I need to make room for a newer game.

#41 10 years ago

Yeh its a great shooter. I love the in lanes and the flow. The code is what keeps this from being the best Sega game. If someone could redo it and just tweak it X-files would be a top pin as the shots are fantastic

2 weeks later
#49 10 years ago

I think Pinball rebel has some.

I'll try to grab pics of mine LED out.

The love is gone as the code needs to track progression. If the code would track mode progression and display it on the screen the game would be a top 100. It is definitely a shooters game and the ball times are not long. I bet a fantastic player could get to the wizard mode in 20 minutes, but I have 10 minute games and feel pretty good. It's a hard game and high scores are difficult to come by

#50 10 years ago

LED PICS

Thinking of adding a green dmd to this one

IMG_1182[1].JPGIMG_1182[1].JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-where-is-the-love?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.