• Latest reply 11 years ago by mulder2010
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12656739102771217011888.jpeg
The_Truth_Is_Out_There.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

I've never looked into the opto's for the filing cabinet in detail as you've done. I bought mine, it was working so until it breaks I wasn't going to go messing with things, kinda how I am. If it's not broke don't fix it. Until you posted about sticking your finger up near the file cabinet and the actions that took place I never even thought to do that.

I've had mine for 4 months, and other than replacing a main board that was having issues with the GI lights, and installing a new yellow X button I've had no other issues that needed to be addressed. Mine didn't have the yellow X button on it when I got it, so I had to get one to replace a small white button that had been on there.

I do have an owner's manual for XF, and it has alot more detailed info than I could ever retain in my head. Bought mine off Ebay. You can probably buy one from Marco's or some other reputable online pin parts dealer. I highly recommend buying one. Once parts start needing replacing you'll want it for part numbers.

On the file cabinet and ball going in and not starting multiball, I have had that happen once. But it corrected itself. I've had balls almost go IN the file cabinet but stop right before the door and just hang there. Play stopped, the machine checked itself and once the machine determined where the ball was it either stopped the magnet and the ball automatically dropped in the door, but in any case the pin always seem to know to do that check when the ball is close to going IN the file cabinet, but doesn't .

1. I have a playing tip for you. If you can hit the left ramp 3X on the same ball you will get the TOOMS reward. When the ball hits the left ramp on the third time HIT the round yellow "X" button
on the front of the pin. If you hit it fast enough you can get bonus points up to 780-800K. Continue to hit the left ramp after the TOOMS reward and you'll get 50K every time you do.

Another thing that's really cool about XF is that it will stack extra balls. If you're rewarded with an extra ball, and during the play of the ball before you use the extra ball you get a second extra ball it will stack them. You'll play the extra ball, once it drains you'll play the next extra ball rewarded. I like that feature. I really like it when I'm on the last ball, it extends the play time which is always a great thing.

I'm happy that you're diggin' your XF pin. It's cool that out there there's another person that just "get's it".

#16 11 years ago

I bought cointakers white premium non-ghosting led's for underneath the playfield, no issues whatsoever.

One thing you should try and see if you like it, I know I do - Buy these blue led's from cointaker and use them on the left and right side next to each flipper, where you see the plastic with the "die bug die" spray can's on them. The blue not only illuminates that plastic but the blue also
shines down lower where you see the lightning bolt streaks near the drain hole. It gives this area a very cool look. You need 2 bulbs for each side.

Here's the bulb and what it looks like, I buy only from cointaker.

12656739102771217011888.jpeg12656739102771217011888.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-question?tu=JWS64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.