Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hdmike444
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Does anyone know if the file cabinet plastic is still available, or does anybody have one. I know Marco has the whole assembly but that is too much for just needing the plastic. I also need all the hardware for the top of the back box for lowering it. I don't know why but someone removed all the parts. Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

One guy in Australia sells them. However they are not cheap...

Pinballsparparts.com.au

You will blow a gasket when you see the price though.

#4 9 years ago

Sorry that's all I have. I bought one from him a year ago when they were only 100. I have an extra but it's cracked with a big chunk missing. They are difficult to find for sure. Someone needs to take this project on as they are almost always needed when doing a restore. Problem is Xfiles doesn't get a ton of love.

#5 9 years ago

I would gladly pay $100. I think three times that much is steep. Well it plays fine so it looks like it will be looking like shit for a while.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

... that much is steep.

I remember people were saying that when the cabinet was $100. Funny how things change when you've been conditioned.

Kinda like gas prices...

#7 9 years ago

Has anyone ever come up with a creative repair? I'm thinking of making a new front.

#8 9 years ago

Here is a video showing what TNT did on the cabinet

Hope it helps
njg

#9 9 years ago

We'll I ended up ordering one from action amusements. They actually had one left. $227 shipped. Ouch!! I had to do it, it is the focal point on the play field. It was very hard to click the commit to buy button.

#10 9 years ago

I think I will still try the TNT method and fix my broken one anyways just to see if I can do it. Maybe it will come out ok and I'll have a spare.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-plastic-file-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.