Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_020 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_019 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_017 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_018 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_016 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I enjoy my X-Files a lot but my biggest gripe is that there are no inserts or anything that lights up to note what episodes / modes have been completed. I'm wondering if someone who makes mods could come up with something maybe similar to the plastic panel on TSPP that lights up the completed modes, and tie it in to the code or some other way. Maybe the led could be one color for incomplete, and another color if the mode was fully completed, or have 2 indicators for each mode to show it?

If this would be possible then I'd like to know an approximate cost based on hopefully selling at least 20 of them. Then maybe take a poll on here to gauge interest or something. Needs to be an easy plug and play somehow, so maybe an adapter could plug into whatever plug it needed to be in to be able to read the modes.

#3 7 years ago

Wow, thanks for such a detailed reply... It's definitely not my area of expertise, but I follow exactly what you're saying. Yep, no mode inserts, nothing... I was thinking it would be difficult to pull off as well. I'm not sure how TSPP does it. Marco sells the board, but they only have the back pictured, which is probably the most important...

I can see what components are on it for the most part and that there's a cable connector, but how do they tap the data, from where, and route it to that I don't know...

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5225-00

I was also thinking along the lines of arduino or pinduino I think I heard about but both of those would also be new learning experiences for me as well. I just don't have enough programming knowledge to pull that sort of thing off.

#13 7 years ago

Thanks for the informative and detailed post breaking down the needs a bit further there pinballsp. This thread is getting interesting, I wasn't expecting the good response from everyone so far, so thank you all for that. Maybe we'll end up scoring a double-combo and get some awesome ChadH code upgrade to go with it. This is a great game that just needs those final, finishing touches.

I wasn't aware there wasn't a wizard mode, I thought I read others were trying to beat all the modes to get it, then I see others mention it doesn't have one. I don't even know how many modes there are.

#19 7 years ago

WOW pinballsp, absolutely incredible... Wish I would have seen your reply sooner - this is amazing, I never thought discussion about this idea would even go this far. There should be a DMD screen that shows the mode has ended as well, if I remember correctly.

There's also a trivia mode with random questions that starts sometimes in place of an episode mode, not sure how that comes into play, or even how many questions there are for that but I've seen quite a few. I'm not so worried about that unless it's somehow needed to complete the game or get to wizard mode (if one exists).

I'm still not sure if the "blood" wizard mode I've heard about exists or not, I really want to play through to find out the hard way instead of just lifting the glass and trying to get through it but maybe someone else can try to confirm or deny once and for all. I won't get another game on it until late Sunday possibly Monday, too much going on this weekend.

If we ever did get a code update I really like Jim5six's ideas and I'd like to see combos + combo awards and maybe some video modes added also. Maybe it's time to start the official / unofficial X-Files code update request thread?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

when I select Scully and launch the ball I swear the left orbit "X" light is blinking uniquely for a few seconds like its a skill shot.

I played the other day and tried to keep this in mind to look for it. It seems to me that flashing "X" in one of the orbits is triggered when the ball hits one of the outlane rollovers with a lit X.

I think I've seen it appear in other spots depending what X's are already lit / next in line. It also scored 50,000 for me when I hit it along with giving me credit for completing another X towards The Truth, but other than that, I'm still not entirely sure what's up with it.

And I've never been able to figure out how to select both characters at once either, but also read it was possible.

3 months later
#25 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

think there are several ways to display status of episodes;

Just realized I can check the status by holding the flippers - it tells me how many cabinet hits are needed till multi ball, how close to truth multi ball you are, and the one I was really wondering about - how many episodes have been done or are left till blood mode. It also says what ball you're on and etc. So there is a way to keep track, just no visual cues on the play field with inserts or a mod similar to the TSPP display.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sevenrites.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-pinball-mod-design-build-request?tu=sevenrites and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.