(Topic ID: 116669)

X-Files - let's figure out this cabinet.

By Atomicboy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AlexSMendes
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

X-files cabinet top pic (resized).jpg
X-files cabinet lower pic (resized).jpg
the-x-files-i-still-want-to-believe-giclee-poster-print-18-x-24_1000_(resized).jpg
IMG_1288_(resized).JPG
IMG_1286_(resized).JPG
IMG_1285_(resized).JPG
IMG_1287_(resized).JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
20150220_141938.jpg
20150220_140328.jpg
20150220_140313.jpg
20150218_193224.jpg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Hi Guys sorry for the delay. Been slammed here at the shop.
None the less tomorrow I will cast the final proto and let cure and then I think we should be good. I am super please with the result and feel that these should last for a really long time. Next weekend I will post a video as it will have had it post cure time so I can so how it flex and is installed and in action.
Almost there
Thank for hanging in there.

No problem. Great news!

And thank you for doing this!

#52 4 years ago

Put me on the list!

#53 4 years ago

Good stuff.....thanks for seeing this through

1 week later
#54 4 years ago

Can't wait.... All x file pins will be needing this!!

#55 4 years ago

Awesome news I have a friend with an X files who would want a couple of these great work Matt the mock up looks superb!

#56 4 years ago

Yep, count me in as well!

1 week later
#57 3 years ago

Still interested!

#58 3 years ago

Any new updates on the progress?

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Any new updates on the progress?

I am planning on bringing it to Texas and will put them up on my website after we get back. All is good and working as planned just been so slammed on all the mass production stuff.

See everybody at Texas

1 week later
#60 3 years ago

I am planning on bringing it to Texas and will put them up on my website after we get back. All is good and working as planned just been so slammed on all the mass production stuff.
See everybody at Texas

... waiting for the website update!

#61 3 years ago

Put me down for two
Just in case

#62 3 years ago

I'm in for one as well

#63 3 years ago

Did anyone see these in Texas?

#64 3 years ago

Anybody else keep checking BackAlleyCreations.com?

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Anybody else keep checking BackAlleyCreations.com?

Well, just did and nothing at all.... I'll PM BackAlleyMat!

#66 3 years ago

I saw this in Texas, very good quality. I will be ordering one for sure. Great work Matt!

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, just did and nothing at all.... I'll PM BackAlleyMat!

no response yet

#68 3 years ago

Hi Guys sorry for the delay, still slammed with the RZ, Hobbit and Aliens stuff. But I am still working on these. For sure will be shipping some time in April, hopefully the middle if not sooner. Pics below are the "PROTO TYPES" one is an NOS cabinet and the other is our mock up. Paint job was just a quick one final one will be better so no worries there, also the green on the X will be toned down a little. I'll post some more pics and details on it soon. Texas went great and everyone seemed to be happy with the proto. With that in mind we will start mass casting them ASAP. Sorry for the delays just slammed and team of 2 over here. If anyone needs to reach me and I don't answer back right away, don't hesitate to just call me. I can't get on Pinside as much as I used too.

Thanks again

IMG_1287_(resized).JPG

IMG_1285_(resized).JPG

IMG_1286_(resized).JPG

IMG_1288_(resized).JPG

#69 3 years ago

Awesome work Matt

Thanks for taking the time to post

Now back to Work !!!

#70 3 years ago

Paint job was just a quick one final one will be better so no worries there, also the green on the X will be toned down a little.

That's just a quick paint job?! Honestly Matt your "quick" paint job already looks 10x better than the NOS original

#71 3 years ago

Looks fantastic!

2 weeks later
#72 3 years ago

Wow, this is great, I will be down for one as well.

1 week later
#73 3 years ago

Man I'm chomping at the bit here! I thought this project was finished in March when you brought it to the Texas show in March. Any possible release date confirmed or is this on the backburner? You have quite a following of buyers!

#74 3 years ago

yep I agree, just waiting for it to be on your site and I'm ready to buy it

#75 3 years ago

Better make enough
I need one also

#76 3 years ago

Super excited to see this being close to available!

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Super excited to see this being close to available!

Is it?

#78 3 years ago

I want to believe.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I want to believe.

1 week later
#80 3 years ago

Has Matt given us a projected price? I'm in on a spare or two (depending).

1 week later
#81 3 years ago

I'm jonsin' for a new cabinet!!!

Holy crap did you see the pic on his website of THREE PALLETS of toys going to JJ for the hobbit!!!! That's Alotta little projects!!

#82 3 years ago

Great news for X-file owners...now if only someone would make a cool pop cover for this game.

"You got problems? Who cares I own a pinball machine": go to the 3:40 mark

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Great news for X-file owners...now if only someone would make a cool pop cover for this game.

You mean pop bumpers covers? Check the XF owners thread!

2 weeks later
#84 3 years ago

Hi Guys sorry for the delay, still slammed with the RZ, Hobbit and Aliens stuff. But I am still working on these. For sure will be shipping some time in April, hopefully the middle if not sooner. Pics below are the "PROTO TYPES" one is an NOS cabinet and the other is our mock up. Paint job was just a quick one final one will be better so no worries there, also the green on the X will be toned down a little. I'll post some more pics and details on it soon. Texas went great and everyone seemed to be happy with the proto. With that in mind we will start mass casting them ASAP. Sorry for the delays just slammed and team of 2 over here. If anyone needs to reach me and I don't answer back right away, don't hesitate to just call me. I can't get on Pinside as much as I used too.
Thanks again

Things that go BUMP in the night....

2 weeks later
#85 3 years ago

Matt? Hey Matt? Are you here? It's kinda dark, can't see ya....

1 month later
#86 3 years ago

Still definitely interested.

#87 3 years ago

the-x-files-i-still-want-to-believe-giclee-poster-print-18-x-24_1000_(resized).jpg

#88 3 years ago

yes me to.......

1 month later
#89 3 years ago

So.... nothing? Can I give up?

#90 3 years ago

I emailed the site a while back and didn't get a reply. I haven't totally given up but I have stopped thinking about this. It'll be a nice surprise if it does ever get done.

1 month later
#91 3 years ago

Thanks again

Matt, I've heard that you may have some news on the horizon???

#92 3 years ago

From the X-Files fan club thread:

Quoted from TomT:

Word from Back Alley is the file cabinets should be up on the site next week.

Quoted from littlecammi:

I purchased one from the Back Alley booth at Expo last Friday. Quality looks great! Very sturdy.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

From the X-Files fan club thread:

I know, just sent an e-mail to Back Alley Creations.... Now let's await their reply....

3 weeks later
#94 3 years ago

let us know!!!

#95 3 years ago

Cabinet? Oh yeah.. I nearly forgot all about that thing, it's been awhile. I feel like I'm almost beyond the point of even wanting a replacement anymore. I know BAC is busy, so I can wait it out a little longer. Just hoping it still happens on a larger, more available scale.

#96 3 years ago

I held one of these at Matts booth at Expo. It is so strong it's unreal. Everyone will be pleased I am sure.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

let us know!!!

Sorry, I forgot to post here.... Matt did reply me, he was super cool and told me the cabinet would soon be available at BAC webpage, but I didn't check it yet.... maybe because I was kinda bummed of the price tag..... he said it would cost US$ 150.00 + shipping... just not for me yet

1 week later
#98 3 years ago

It's here!!!

"X-Files Cabinets are done!!!!!
Well the time is finally here. X-Files cabinets are now on our website! Our cabinet comes with the metal door plate and the new door already mounted to it. Also comes with all the screws for installing it. Thanks everyone for hanging in there with us while we worked on remaking the part."

Announcement:

http://backalleycreations.blogspot.com/2016/11/x-files-cabinets-are-done.html

Order page:

http://www.backalleycreations.com/xfiles%20mods.html

X-files cabinet lower pic (resized).jpg

X-files cabinet top pic (resized).jpg

#99 3 years ago

The wait is over
Thanks for hanging in there with us while we juggled a ton of projects.
None the less it is done and ready.

#100 3 years ago

If anyone who's purchasing this new repro cabinet from BAC, wishes to part ways with your old, used, but in great condition one, I'd be more than happy to acquire it for a fair price!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Sebring, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside