Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cdprimm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The sound on my machine (X-Files) just stopped one day while everything else continued to work. I did discover that the F8 fuse was blown. Replace it, turned machine on, machine made an "earth shaking" loud hum then stopped (fuse blown again after about 4 sec.). Thinking the speakers were the cause, I removed them, tested the wires for a short and disconnected the speaker connections from the board. Restarted the machine while watching F8 fuse. Fuse turned red and blew. The machine does continue to work without sound and with the F8 fuse blown. What next should I do?

#2 10 years ago

I would replace bridge BRDG3 and caps C29 and C30.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks, I have ordered the parts online and should take a few days to get here.

1 month later
#4 10 years ago

Thanks, This is where I am now. I replaced the BRDG 3 and the Caps. The BRDG 3 was definitely bad. I hooked everything back up-- I could barely hear the music playing with "LOTS" OF STATIC coming out of both speakers. The large speaker in the bottom of the cabinet then stopped working and fuse F9 blew (F8 blew before). I replaced the F9 fuse--the big speaker remains non-working however the small speaker in the Backbox near the Dot Matrix Display continues to have large amounts of static with the music playing (barely audible). Both the F8 and F9 fuses now remain intact and all other parts of the game work normally. Any further help would be appreciated....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-files-blowing-f8-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.