Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by insertcoin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 50 days ago

I'm moving across the US and have a couple of pins the movers will be transporting. I'm thinking I should take the playfield glass out of each and cover the playfield with shrinkwrap, so I don't end up with a cabinet filled with tiny pieces of glass, if it were to break. Thoughts? More importantly, what is the best way to transport the backglasses? Just leave them in the head, bubble/shrinkwrap around them? I fear the truck vibration will shatter them, if left in the head. Should they go in separate boxes? What is the best way to transport? Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

#2 50 days ago

The safest place for a backglass is inside the head of a pinball machine. Never understand why some people remove them.

#3 50 days ago

I've moved across country multiple times with lots of pins. As Levi said, leave all the glass in. I've never had an issue with EMs or any other game. One thing though, even when I had professional movers, I always prepped the games for transport myself. Take the balls out, and secure anything that might fly about in the cabinet. I used stretch wrap, and covered them in moving blankets which I purchased. Put cardboard between the head and glass if you have SS games and wrap the head tight so you don't dent your rails.

#4 50 days ago

Put a towel or moving blanket under the head when you fold it. Then shrink wrap the folded head to the body. Pull the legs and ship them standing up on end.

#5 50 days ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Put a towel or moving blanket under the head when you fold it. Then shrink wrap the folded head to the body. Pull the legs and ship them standing up on end.

Those are all GREAT tips - Thanks! I will use ALL your advice. Thanks!!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside