• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210803-211357_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210803-211308_Google (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Considering selling my Spidey and T2 to fund the purchase of a Batman 66. I love all three of these games, but BM66 tugs on all the heart strings for me. Just looking for opinions here. I’ll be down a machine if I do this (I’ll go from 5 to 4) so I’ll lose some variety and that concerns me a little bit. Currently I have Deadpool, Spider-Man, T2, DE Batman and Gottlieb Amazing Spider-Man. (Footnote…I’m an old comic book collector)

#2 2 years ago

and the best part is, when you realize it was a mistake to sell spiderman, you will be able to find another one

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

and the best part is, when you realize it was a mistake to sell spiderman, you will be able to find another one
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"851660b368d052aa40ce43d12b5b321a36f5d38c-1628032880-1800"};
//]]>

Lol true, and even more so than the loss of the title I think I would regret losing my SAM system game out of the mix. Man, I have been really impressed with how solid that game feels.

#4 2 years ago

to me BM66 felt awfully "clunky" plus the code seemed to be a lot of repetition...
SM is a classic with great code, great sound, great callouts, great art, great rules...
bolt it down...as it is timeless
I wished I had mine back...

#5 2 years ago

For some reason Stern SM and ST pros can usually be found. Great games for the $$

#6 2 years ago

I would be really hesitant to give up both of those games for BM 66. They're both really great games. Batman 66 seems like they are sold at a premium right now, and might come down in price in the future. I can't say for sure, but it seems like there are so many Batman 66's out there.

#7 2 years ago

Don't do it. More is better.

#8 2 years ago

Depending on how long you have had the SM and T2 maybe you are tired of them? I owned SM twice and love the game, would buy one again, love T2 also. But I really love BM66 and plan to pick one up as soon as I can get my hands on it.

It's a good plan either way you decide.

(My suggestion would sell one and adding BBM66).

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Don't do it. More is better.

I tend to agree, but not always.

Screenshot_20210803-211308_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210803-211308_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210803-211357_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210803-211357_Google (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

I have all three and enjoy them each. I think I’d rather own T2 + Spidey over just BM66, for the variety…but BM66 is clearly the best of the three.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I tend to agree, but not always.[quoted image][quoted image]

Only in pinball apparently.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks for all if the input, everyone! Appreciate it. The other ‘con’ with this idea is that I’d be giving up two Ritchie’s (one Williams era and one Stern era). Both of my modern-era games would then be Gomez’. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but again losing some variety.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

For some reason Stern SM and ST pros can usually be found. Great games for the $$

I wonder if that might change a bit…now that there will be no more Ritchie Designs coming from Stern. Might be another reason to hold ‘em.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I wonder if that might change a bit…now that there will be no more Ritchie Designs coming from Stern. Might be another reason to hold ‘em.

My ST prem isn’t going anywhere

#15 2 years ago

I own T2 and Spider man as well. I would say keep those two pins. Unless you're a huge batman fan and really want that game.

#16 2 years ago

T2 is an iconic game yes, but to be honest, also rather boring and repetitive. Perhaps sell that game, add some cash and get a bm66? This way you still have the same amount of pins snd something new to play with.

#17 2 years ago

Eh, I'm selling Iron Man and Demolition Man to get Ultraman.

I just can't decide which is the best man apparently.

#18 2 years ago

I'm not a big fan of T2. It tends to get old, at least for me, in a home environment. I'd keep Spidy. If you are set on BM66, what about selling T2 and Batman Forever? You give up a Batman to get a Batman

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The answer is always Lionman.

The choice for me would be to sell two games to buy one, but that is because I'm space limited, I have projects that I'm not working on because I don't have space to put them. I'd probably try to keep the Spiderman and sell something else though.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

T2 is an iconic game yes, but to be honest, also rather boring and repetitive. Perhaps sell that game, add some cash and get a bm66? This way you still have the same amount of pins snd something new to play with.

This is a possibility and I’ve toyed with that idea. I certainly don’t have the funds to do it that way right now, but maybe the timing could work out. My main concern with BM66 was the inflated market…I’d rather buy a NIB now, if the price and availability of a used machine is going to continue to be crazy insane.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hahahaha, you are a man’s man. Ultraman looks pretty awesome!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

The answer is always Lionman.
The choice for me would be to sell two games to buy one, but that is because I'm space limited, I have projects that I'm not working on because I don't have space to put them. I'd probably try to keep the Spiderman and sell something else though.

Hahahaha my brother has a Swords Of Fun, so we’ve got LIONMAN covered.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I'm not a big fan of T2. It tends to get old, at least for me, in a home environment. I'd keep Spidy. If you are set on BM66, what about selling T2 and Batman Forever? You give up a Batman to get a Batman

My 14-year-old is a Terminator fan (weird but true) so I think he will disown me if I sell it, but I think it’s the right way to go. I actually don’t mind the repetitive nature of that one, for whatever odd reason…and non-pinball people who visit seem to love the simplicity of the rules (and Arnie tells you what to do) so from that standpoint it might also be missed. But Batman is super simple (this is the Data East Keaton Batman we’re talking about) so people will still have that option. If I sell T2 and move Spidey into that slot, then I think it checks a lot of the same boxes as T2. Spidey isn’t a super-complex game for the casual player by any means.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I own T2 and Spider man as well. I would say keep those two pins. Unless you're a huge batman fan and really want that game.

I have to admit I have a real soft spot for Adam West Batman, so that’s certainly tipping the scales. My dad and I used to watch reruns of the tv show when I was a young lad, so definitely a nostalgia factor there.

1 year later
#25 1 year ago

so what did you end up doing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwyd-sell-2-to-get-one?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.