• Latest reply 6 years ago by sscnz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9186 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hello. I just recently switched from L5 to LH6 roms in my whitewater that I have had for 17 yrs. everything worked great for about a week. We have played it a lot with no problems. Now all of a sudden , the game will resart randomly during a game. It's as if the power blips off , then back on, causing the game to reboot. Any suggestions? Thanks! Mike

#2 6 years ago

Resets can be a common issue on WPC games and usually is a problem with the voltage regulation to the MPU board. It could be a loose connection, loose ground screw on the PCB, or the failing output caps and bridge rectifier in the power circuitry. If it is a power problem, which is very common on WPC's, a quick and easy fix is Kahr's power fix daughter board. It's $29. It's successfully fixed a reset on a Black Rose that I had as well as a Getaway that my dad has.

http://www.kahr.us

#3 6 years ago

Right now, I'd reseat connectors J101, J102 and J114 on the power driver board and J210 or whatever the one is on the right side of the CPU. If it doesn't reset after doing that, then suspect one or more connectors are going bad and will need to be replaced (headers and connectors).

Other things to look at are caps C4, C5 and the voltage regulator in that order.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#4 6 years ago

Thank for the response. I will look into it later tonight

2 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Well, I finally had a chance to look into it, and it is on the wpc audio board. C28, C47, And C46 are all definitely toast. A few others look scorched. Big Thanks to all who responded. I will be sending the board out for repairs. Anyone got any recommendations in the D.C./MD area? I know of a place that we use for work stuff down in Waldorf area but just wanted to see if there's anywhere else. I'll give an update when I get it back. Thanks again!!

IMG_9186 (resized).JPGIMG_9186 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Well, I finally had a chance to look into it, and it is on the wpc audio board. C28, C47, And C46 are all definitely toast. A few others look scorched. Big Thanks to all who responded. I will be sending the board out for repairs. Anyone got any recommendations in the D.C./MD area? I know of a place that we use for work stuff down in Waldorf area but just wanted to see if there's anywhere else. I'll give an update when I get it back. Thanks again!!

I had the about the same components burn on my WH20 audio board.. but, rather than trying to repair it I bought a new one from pinsound.org. =)

#7 6 years ago

Really? When yours did that, what were the symptoms?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Really? When yours did that, what were the symptoms?

My game didn't restart but I had some noise/crackling going on. Saying that, I was already looking at the pinsound option as I wanted to replace the speakers as well.. so got the card plus speakers at the same time. The only drawback is that the sounds haven't been re-orchestrated yet.. but there's a guy in Germany who's got new voice recordings I believe. Trying to track them down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwh20-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.