IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiffyrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 10 years ago

Joined the club back in June, it's my first pin!

Love it so much. Super Jackpot and Royal Rumble are really tough goals. Great callouts, tons to shoot for, plenty of ways to play.

Mine was in beautiful shape when I got it, and I've kept it clean and fast, but it developed a gameplay issue in the last few days. When the game begins, both a game mode and one of the Royal Rumble lights starts flashing. Mode lit doesn't correspond to mode active, and some other weirdness. Haven't dove too deep into it yet, and will make a longer post when I do more troubleshooting, but thought I'd throw what I know out there now in case anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for making this post! Ooooooooh yeeeeeeeah!

#27 10 years ago

Does anyone know the difference between the 1.03 and 1.06 roms? Mine has the 1.03, but I haven't been able to find a change list anywhere. Is it worth seeking out an upgrade?

1 week later
#38 10 years ago

Got the issue I mentioned above resolved, game is back to 100%. If time allows, I might do a tear-down this weekend so I can wax and get my Cliffys put in.

Played a bunch of games after fixing the issue, and found myself really looking at the game strategically. How do you guys typically approach the game when going for high scores? It seems like multiball is the way to go... Royal Rumble is such a tough thing to reach, not to mention complete, and the start mode shots can be pretty unforgiving. But with multiball, get the jackpot built up nice and high and you're on your way.

Also, I'm getting pretty good at hitting the Macho Man shot pretty consistently, but I still brick the Get in the Ring shot most of the time. I either go too early and hit the D-E-A-D drops, or too late and hit the left slingshot. Either way, pretty high risk. Am I the only one?

#41 10 years ago

I've gotten all nine wrestlers twice, but then panicked and drained before I could collect the super jackpot.

I definitely need to rethink my multiball strategy. Knowing that the timer stops when you cradle has stopped me from ever wanting to cradle, but that timer is so long! I think when I get home from work and play tonight, I may try cradling until I'm down to two balls, and then trying to play those two simultaneously until I get a third ball back.

#43 10 years ago

Upper eject is definitely a tough shot to make on mine as well. Seemingly impossible from a cradle (I always end up hitting the left drop.) I can only make it by using the left flipper to shoot the ball to the wall right below the exit, and then using the momentum from it rolling down to the right flipper.

It has crossed my mind to make sure my upper playfield is level separate of the rest of the playfield. Will take a look next time the glass comes off.

#49 10 years ago

Not sure what you mean by stay... unless mine is broken too, I was under the impression that it was only meant to stay there for a moment before being ejected again (and this is why you can keep hitting it to add balls in Pandemonium, up to 6.)

#54 10 years ago

Tsskinne,

I was gonna take the glass off today anyway. I'll put up video of mine capturing and releasing a ball in the upper eject if you want to compare.

#56 10 years ago

Okay here you go:

Link to Video on Dropbox

At the beginning, you see the ball get captured a few times and then ejected. The silver bit on the right looks to be the piece in question. The black part behind the ball then ejects it.

I turn the camera to the side right when Macho Madness starts. At this point, the eject hole is not supposed to hold onto the ball anymore, so it comes right back (it sounds like yours is doing this all time time?)

Then the VUK under the center hole goes nuts because the door is open and it is confused.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want to see any other scenarios.

#57 10 years ago

I was watching a couple of gameplay videos of WWFRR online, and noticed mine might have an issue!

For as long as I've had my WWFRR, the left ramp has returned to the upper playfield (when it had a reason to, like Doink, Pandemonium, Championship Belt, start multiball, etc...) or the left inlane. That's it. Seemed perfectly normal to me.

But after watching some videos, it looks like there are some circumstances where the ball returns to the right inlane, like during Banzai. (This makes that mode much more appealing, for obvious reasons.)

But mine never does this! I didn't have time to dig into it last night, but a quick glance suggests that there are two diverters: The first determines whether it should go to the right inlane, and the second determines between left inlane and upper playfield. So maybe that first diverter isn't working properly? Or is it possible that this was something added in the 1.06 code? (I'm still on 1.03)

#61 10 years ago

Thanks for pointing me towards that thread, RDReynolds. Glad to know it's a common thing, will take some time to look into it.

1 week later
#63 10 years ago

Come on everyone, let's keep this alive!

Haven't gotten around to fixing the diverter yet (or putting in the cliffys, ack!) But I wanted to share some thoughts from a recent game:

Had a very nice game moving along, and on ball 2.2 (including extra ball) I had all modes lit. Hooray! Started the shots for Royal Rumble, bricked one of the shots, ended up draining down the left side. Blast!

Ball 3 starts, and I'm in ball 3 auto-multiball-ready. Hrmm, okay, no big deal, I'll get through multiball and then back to starting Rumble. Multiball starts, panic sets in, and I drain two balls before scoring a jackpot. Have a ball cradled and the restart countdown is rolling. Should I just let this time out? Naaaah, might as well restart and try to get a... BRICK. DRAIN. GAME OVER.

Love that a "helper" feature intended to make the game easier screwed me out of the Rumble (when combined with my own errors, of course.) I've still only defeated a max of 5 wrestlers during the Rumble. Anyone ever beat it?

Also... anytime I come back from a Rumble, I'm unable to light the start mode holes to begin modes again. Any chance this was fixed with the 1.06 rom? I really wish I knew what got fixed between 1.03 and 1.06. Not too many bugs I know of, so I'm curious what necessitated the software being updated.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

If you started Royal Rumble and drained, I am very sure it is like every other Wizard mode, in that you don't get to continue on the next ball. Everything resets to the beginning. I don't think you lost Royal Rumble because of the Gimme MB on third ball.

To clarify: I hadn't actually started the Rumble yet. After you light all 9 modes, you shoot the start mode hole once more, and then need to shoot left center right to start the Rumble. This state, needing to make the three shots, I do believe carries over ball to ball (though perhaps I'm wrong.)

5 months later
#121 10 years ago

I've got a flipper post... didn't realize some didn't have it? Been very nice "chill maneuver" training for me.

1 month later
#171 10 years ago

Hey guys,

I know some of you probably remember the other thread about it (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-wwfrr-gameplay-questions) but I'm finally getting around to looking into my own enter diverter.

For someone familiar with the issue (or for anyone with some time on their hands) when I do a coil test, and fire it (it's #12: Enter Diverter) should the diverter get pulled in to the plate by itself? Or does the ball (or your finger) have to make contact for it to go? It's firing just fine, but I need to touch it for it to be pulled in. Is this right, or should it go by itself?

1 year later
#323 8 years ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Just hit the contact link at the bottom. If history is any indication, he'll get back to you within a few hours and have them shipped out the same day he receives payment!

1 month later
#358 8 years ago

Would want to know the final price if we reached 16 before I committed, but I'd probably be in!

1 week later
#419 8 years ago

I recently did the upgrade from 1.03 to 1.06. Played about 20 games and haven't noticed any gameplay changes at all. I think one of the attract screens may be different, but I'm not by the machine right now to check.

2 months later
#517 8 years ago

TheKreator, that sounds incredible. I'd been contemplating a similar project myself, but you're clearly going way above and beyond anything I would have been capable of. This will almost certainly lead me to buying a Pinsound board!

7 months later
#905 7 years ago

Someone comes to town, someone leaves town.

After three wonderful years, I sold WWFRR over the weekend. Never fell out of love with it, but with only enough space for two games (and the other one probably a lifetime keeper) it was time to say goodbye. Already looking forward to the next time I run into one at a convention or in someone else's collection.

Sale was to another Pinsider, so you may well have a new member among your ranks soon!

11 months later
#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Finally up and running!

Congrats, and great collection! Love the variety of eras.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiffyrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club?tu=spiffyrob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.