IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from justfury:

I posted this on another thread and figured some of you may find this interesting in regards to wrestlers that are no longer with us:
So I tried to scour the playfield, inserts, both translites, and whatever modes I could remember from playing the game and came up with these numbers:
26 living
11 deceased:
Yokozuna, Doink, Big Bossman, Crush, Paul Bearer, Randy Savage, Miss Elizabeth, Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, Earthquake, Ultimate Warrior

This list is pretty spot on
But when the ball goes down that far left out lane and you're "Out of the Ring" when you shoot the ball back up the lane and you're back in the ring the DMD shows a wrestler that I always thought was Ludvig Borga.
He even wrestled in the WWF during that era

#265 9 years ago

I'll try getting a pic of it one of these days.
Didn't he beat Tatanka so bad that he couldn't wrestle at Survivor Series and got replaced by the Undertaker on Lex Lugers American team with the Steiner Brothers?

2 months later
#296 9 years ago

Right now this is probably my favorite pin that I own. I really lucked out too because I never played it before I bought it. I wanted it just for the theme initially . I know I know very wrong, but I got a good deal years ago when I bought it and it turned out to be a really fun pin too.

One thing I would have changed was I would have switched Lex Lugar and Shawn Micheal's on the playfield. Or at the very least changed Lex Lugar's music. It's so easy to get him Hacksaw and Bret and since he's last his lame piccolo plays more than any other superstars music. I actually try making a game of it, and either make Lex Lugar last so his music doesn't play or if I do get him I try for any of the other wrestlers as fast as possible.

Granted this doesn't really change how I feel about the game as a whole. Just a small change if i could lol

6 months later
#360 8 years ago

I can measure mine tomorrow when I get home if no one else can do it before then.

#374 8 years ago

Here's the size 19 3/4" wide and 11 1/2" tall hope this helps

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The final size is 19.389 x 11.139. I haven't given the bracket much thought yet, I was hoping someone would give me the dimesions of the existing holes on the game.

If Dan doesn't get them by the morning I'll get them for you when I get home.

#420 8 years ago

Ok so 3 holes are on top of Royal Rumble. 2 for the middle of the belt and 1 for the end of the belt touching the top. These measurements are the holes that the factory pre drilled. If you want the pre drilled holes on the belt I can measure them too. The holes are in a pattern like this

image.jpgimage.jpg

The 2 holes closest to each other in the middle are 2 7/8" away from each other the next hole is 7 1/8" away from the middle hole. And if you need it the far right hole is 6 1/8" from the edge of the back box.

Hope this makes sense.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Yes it does.. good drawing. Do you know if it was one piece bracket or 2 piece?

In all honestly I don't have a bracket nor do I think there is one. The holes in the back box line up with the holes in the belt so I think it's just 3 screws that hold the topper on. This is just my guess I have nothing that says for sure. The manual doesn't say anything about it either.

#427 8 years ago

Maybe making a new topic just for the topper will get the remaining people to sign up? Some may have a Royal Rumble but not actively check the members thread.

1 month later
#468 8 years ago

The original topper has pre made holes that make the right side down and the left side up. Just like Laseriffics. That's probably why the people that own them have it that way.

1 month later
#528 8 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Yes, there should be a bubble beneath the left hand side rules sheet.
/mima

I just checked mine last night and there isn't a opening underneath the rule cards. Unless you have to take the apron off to see it.

1 week later
#535 8 years ago

The skill shot in RR is getting the ball to go down the 1 lite lane at the top of the playfield. There are 3 lanes each marked by a green insert with the WWF logo. Since you can't control the speed/power of the ball (because it's a push button ball launch) you can change which of the 3 lanes is lite up by hitting the flippers. If you do it 3 times in a game you get one of the egg combo bonuses.

I actually just ordered the protectors from Cliffy too. Just waiting on them and some others since he's so backed up. I also ordered 2 switch hole protectors. I'll check out your video if I get stuck.

1 month later
#640 8 years ago

Actually the ramp lid is on the original ramp too. Mine has it.

1 month later
#739 8 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Thought I would give an update on my progress brining a WWFRR back from the dead here is the before and after photos. I still have a lot of work to do. Could use a new playfield if anyone has one?
Just have to get the cabinet bottom wired up and reassembled, pretty much everything is new. I have a new translite for it, but put the old faded one in for the photo.
9f625337997dfeb2cf5b779aa34afc2a96b80d78_(resized).jpg
20160116_160624_(resized).jpg

I remember that pic. The cabinet came out great.

But in all fairness the right side could have already looked like that and the left side could still be destroyed
I'm kidding of course.

1 month later
#806 8 years ago

+1 for the under the coffin plastic

#808 8 years ago

Yea the mode inserts above the flippers are different from the traditional machine. Not only do they look different but Search for Doink is replaced with M-ball. Also the 10 mil arrows are replaced with Jack pot and above start mode next to the middle ramp it's blank. The regular one has an arrow. Also I'm not sure if it's cause it was damaged then tried to be fixed but it says Royal Rumbke under the coin door on the regular model. I would defiantly think it was an early production model. Pretty interesting.

#809 8 years ago

IC title also doesn't look complete and the captive ball might be missing. Not sure if it was just forgotten, it's there and I don't see it or it's not part of this version.

1 month later
#842 8 years ago
Quoted from Kilowog2814:

Has anyone gotten the Cushioned Target Decals for their machine?(Saw them on eBay)

I'm not a fan of these. The logos don't match the games year. Royal Rumble uses the late 80's early 90's WWF and Royal Rumble logos. Those target logos are from the late 90's 2000.

But for a fantastic mod the Royal rumble alt translite is awesome.

#845 8 years ago

The only cushion that really matters with standing targets are the foam behind the targets that you don't see and should already be there. Sometimes they get flat or fall off from years of use, but are easily replaceable with weather striping (the foam kind).

Even easier than the remote battery pack off the board is installing a NVRam. With Royal Rumble there's no soldering involved just take out the old ram and batteries and plug in the new NVRam.

Gratz on the alt translite. You'll love it.

1 month later
#883 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Can someone take a clear pic of the left ball gate wire (banzai/get in the ring)? Or even better, remove it completely and measure it up so that I can either 3D-print it or make my own from steel wire. Mine is completely missing. :/

I'm pretty sure it's the same wire gate that the middle ramp has. Use that as your guide.

1 week later
#895 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

NWO theme at the end? Also, heel Bossman theme--is that what's in the game? When did he stop using the cheesy "you'll be doin hard time" theme? The cheesy theme I'm talking about kinda plays into the cheesy 90's artwork a bit. Everything sounds great, just wondering about those two items.

I was gonna say the same thing but didn't want to actually say it

7 months later
#954 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Does anyone know what black paint matches the cabinet the best, rattle can or brush?

I used a brush and I brought a paint chip off the cabinet and color matched it at Home Depot. When I get home Sunday I'll get you the paint code. If I forget pm me Monday.

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Does anyone know what black paint matches the cabinet the best, rattle can or brush?

Here's the paint code

IMG_8770 (resized).JPGIMG_8770 (resized).JPG

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Thanks, did it match pretty good?

Yes it did. I used a paint chip from underneath the back box so it's the true color. If the spot you are touching up is a little sun faded you might notice it more.

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Do you know what color of primer I should use over bondo before I touch up with the paint?

That I do not know. I was just doing some touch ups and didn't even use a primer

#965 7 years ago

Just installed Tilt Graphics Royal Rumble Game Blades. I was second guessing the design at first but once they're installed I think it's fits seamlessly.

IMG_8811 (resized).JPGIMG_8811 (resized).JPG

IMG_8812 (resized).JPGIMG_8812 (resized).JPG

IMG_8813 (resized).JPGIMG_8813 (resized).JPG

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Are there GI lights in back apron of the PF? It looks so illuminated on some of your pictures. Mine seems very dark and I haven't even checked if there are any old bulbs back up there.

Sorry just saw your question now. Yes I have 2 LED light strips behind the crowd plastic in the back of the playfield. I did the same with my JD (like most JD owners)

Also that pinsound sounds amazing. Really looking forward to the video.

2 months later
#996 7 years ago

Actually on ipdb says the original prototype Royal Rumble pin was gonna be a standard body and was changed to a wide body when they changed everything

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

does anyone know who the wrestler is to the right of the coin door?

It's a referee. Either Bill Alfonzo or a generic one. Refs back then used to wear either white or light blue dress shirts with a bow tie.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know what the headbox and front artwork looked like on that original version?
I Might be able to get artwork done if so

Heard it was supposed to be the Ultimate Warrior on the sides of the back box. As for the front I could picture it just saying "Royal Rumble" and having the red white and blue stripes and stars just like the proto sides. Didn't hear that or anything I just think that's what they would have done.

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

That would have been cool if it would have been Warrior, but I'm going to guess that it might not have been meant to be him. I am of course guessing, but here are my "clues" I'm using to make my hypothesis....lol
In 1991, Warrior left on really bad terms, as he demanded more money to go out to the ring for a really big pay per view match. Vince was steamed and Warrior was gone ASAP. Then he returned, but was gone again in 1992, as he tested positive for steroids, and as it says on IPDB, one of the revised was that the WWF wanted the art redone to reflect less "steroid looking" bodies. In 1991, the steroid scandal really hit the fan, and in 1994, it was in high gear. Granted, Hulk was also seen as one of the "steroid" looking guys, however, I am guessing they were more willing to do a less steroid version of Hulk and use him, as they were going with Hulk already because of his iconic appeal ...even though he was technically not with the company....combined with the bad blood with Warrior, I am guessing Warrior wasn't going to get that prominent spot on the game.
I also put the pics together and although we only have the tip of the boot on the prototype version.....it is the HULK yellow, and when you put it next to the artwork used in the production run, the tip if the boot looks identical, which leads me to further believe it was Hulk in both versions.
Again.....all of this is just a guess on my end...and I just enjoyed thinking out loud about it.....lol

The matching boot does look like a Hogan boot but here's a few guess's in favor of Warrior. And like you said just guesses lol.

Warrior changed up his gear a lot so him having yellow boots on wouldn't be too far fetched.

Having Hogan twice on each side would seem too repetitive in my opinion. You have macho man Hogan and flair already Warrior would be the next natural one.

Looking at the original translite DE and the WWF were fine with using the Warrior on that and he's even shown as one of the 3 major stars being bigger and on top. But all of the real life Warrior issues is what kept him off the final design.

I also feel that they just changed the Warriors head to Hogans head and colored his tights a different color. Those backbox Hogan bodies look way more like Warriors body. Hogan was always a big guy but he wasn't as cut up as the Warrior.

Again fun guesses of what might have been

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I have always thought this is a weird and awkward looking pose for hogan. It does look like they said "slap a mustache and bandana on the warrior and let's ship it"
Here's the warrior fathead with a similar pose...complete with pinball machine...just saying

Exactly! Also that is the exact picture of him that's on the side of a WWELE. I thought it was kind of a wink wink to Royal Rumble why he was chosen. IMG_9043 (resized).JPGIMG_9043 (resized).JPG

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

The le version looks like it could be a decent game. I've only played the pro version and wasn't impressed.

Check out the WWE members club thread. The 7 of us LE owners are a tight bunch that love our LE's and will defend them to the end lol.

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Does the pro version have many defenders?

Yea! He's great!

1 week later
#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I think I have an issue with my video mode. Everyone says it's easy but I can never get the bar to move at all on my machine. I push the flipper buttons like crazy and it doesn't move at all. Am I doing something wrong or is there something that needs to be fixed? Thanks

Try to alternate flipper button pushes rapidly instead of both at the same time. L R L R L R L R

It took me a while to figure that out

5 months later
#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from MrsHardy:

I'm in ! Everyone's favorite pin at our house ! The idea of putting mini figures inside is so cute. Going to do it tomorrow !

The green trim looks nice!
Matt's a fantastic worker.

5 months later
#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Club members, has any one ever identified ALL the hidden easter eggs in this game?? Action is a bit fast so I'm not sure what I've unlocked gameplay wise, but I know of course the Happy Face bonus (scoops in a row) and Devil egg bonus (left ramp 3x in a row). Did anyone every compile a complete list? Curious what is out there I haven't seen yet!!!

Here's the 7 ones I know of

3 skill shots in a row - checker board check egg
Random after video mode - Goose egg
Hitting the scoops multiple times- Happy Face egg
3 separate wrestler combo shot - lobster egg
Get Multi ball on the first ball - planet egg
Yoko Doink Tatanka shots 3 in a row - Devil egg
9 jackpots in one Multi ball - Ducky egg

2 months later
#1203 5 years ago

Hey guys since the color DMD has been out for over a month now I'm hoping anyone that got one is enjoying it. Coloring WWFRR was a fun new experience for me and I tried my best to make sure every frame is not only colored but colored correctly. One hurdle I had was the Easter eggs. There is no definite list of what Easter eggs are in the game. So if you noticed I missed one or any frame let me know either here or pm. I'll make sure to get it colored for everyone asap. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I'm currently working on a full restore of a machine (rebuilt cabinet, playfield swap, etc.) and decided that I wanted to create new artwork instead of re-using the original bland design. Pretty excited at how this is turning out. I know that not all the characters are featured in the game (Bam Bam), or were even in the WWF at the time (Sting), but I wanted to incorporate some of my favorite wrestlers that remind me of the good ole days. I also have to deal with the availability of high resolution photos found online and the ability to manipulate cohesively. Either way, just posting as I thought some in this thread may be interested to see how the artwork is coming along.

This is pretty cool. Bam Bam fits better than some may think. You don't want to put a picture of Shawn Michaels from that era? The one you have is older age Shawn. But this may fall under the high rez vs no high rez pictures.

4 months later
#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Back in da club...oh yea
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Prototype translite
Light up speaker grills
Red trim
Original! topper
Mirror blades
Leded
Titan tron mod
Colored rubbers
And my very unbiased fav ColorDMD.

Did you buy it like that or mod it yourself?

#1255 5 years ago

Great Video! toddtuckey is the best. Can totally see that it's the original topper now. With no tilt it looks like the laserific one. That Titan tron mod is pretty cool. I may have to try finding one soon.

2 weeks later
#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey all. I'm still working on my high-end restore, and thought I'd share where I landed with my custom artwork. It's printing now and I... am... pumped!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Took Sting off?

4 weeks later
#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Just had my new plastics printed and cut. Note that they still have a white poster board backing so where it is white, it is actually clear (other than the printed parts). Also, haven't removed the protective film, so they look blurry, but when it's peeled back, nice and brand new clear/shiny.
I placed the corner piece and back piece adjacent for comparison. Also adjusted the back piece text of "Let's Rumble" to say "Royal Rumble" with the WWF line logo. Also made the two upper playfield plastics into a single piece with a peek window.
I'll need to adjust a few colors such as deepening the blue and making the green a bit more "neon", but excited with how they turned out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yea these look really nice! But no drop target Plastic for under the coffin? Mines chipped I would think this one would be needed for most.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Nice catch, I missed adding that one. You got me right in time to add it.

Nice! If you're able to make an extra one I would be deeply greatful

#1289 5 years ago

Backhanding the Banzai Ramp is rare. With Macho Madness and getting back in the ring you almost have to not trust your eyes and flip at the very very last second.

1 year later
#1370 4 years ago

I really would like to change it to the prototype decals but removing the old art work and putting on new art work is my least favorite thing to do with pinball

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

that makes us two
but the results are so tempting

Yea I know! lol
I’m looking at the only pin I did which is the little yellow Super Mario pin. It looks great but removing the old art work and installing the new one still haunts me over 2 years later and it’s a smaller pin! WWFRR is a wide body! At least if I decide to do it my WWFRR could use it since the sides are a little beat up.

#1375 4 years ago

Also like to point out those different trim colors are great but WWFRR doesn’t use T moulding so you would have to paint the back box trim to match. Personally I like the black trim anyway so that wouldn’t be an issue for me.

3 weeks later
#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Yeah, but no one is able to get it from him.

If it’s the one I’m thinking about that has NWO music in it he can keep it lol.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Here is a preview of my mix

Yea this is how it should have been! Great work! I might pm you if I decide to get the pin sound stuff.

If you’re looking at other wrestlers music that aren’t on the main game might I suggest some of the wrestlers from the prototype backglass? Ultimate warrior, Ric Flair etc

#1395 4 years ago

I’ll be a shill for the Color DMD lol

It’s awesome and so is the guy that colored it

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Yeah. There are so many animations in this game, including one for each of the 9 wrestlers. The colordmd really adds a lot to this machine.

Oh I know! I know them all very very well lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club?tu=phillymadison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.