IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Welcome WWFRR lovers!

#2 10 years ago

i thought I would share a little mod i am working on. i got the idea when I discovered the 2 data east games I have (wwfrr and tftc) both have black light responsive art on the PF. this is stage 1 of doing my wwfrr, I still need to tidy it up a bit, and no, it is not as bright in-person as the pic might infer, and I also need to install the dimmer switch in the cab by the coin door, for easy on/off/adjustment. in the pic, i show just GI lighting, just the Black Light lighting, and then the GI and Black Lights both on. pretty neat, i think!

photo-21.JPGphoto-21.JPG

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

In the club and would love instructions for your mod if you don't mnd. Thanks.

Super easy. I got the strips of black light LEDs off eBay, which included the power plug and adapter. They have 3m tape on the back of the led strips, so I followed the line for the glass, putting the lights just below the channel for the glass to slide in (found this was a good spot, as it was high enough up on the wall to hit most areas of the PF with the black light's light). Once I had it taped up, I cut the excess of the led strip, which can be trimmed every 3 LEDs. Dropped the wires in to the cabinet, hooked wires up to the power plug. Put a dimmer switch (got from same eBay seller) in the line, and then simply ran a regular extention cord in through the back of the cabinet (moved the grating off of one of the vent holes in bottom of cab, and just put cord in through that).

I am a bit weird when it comes to electronics, as i tend to always worry that something i did may fo wrong, or there could be a fault in the electronics i installed. so I made it so that all the controls/power are right by the inside of the coin door. Not only can I control the brightness and intensity of the LEDs, bt I can also unplug the extention cord from the LEDs when not in use.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Very cool mod. Don't have a wwfrr yet but will add one as soon I find one close for sale. Might join your club in the future. Very underestimated pin, maybe the theme doesnt give it the love it deserves. For my part I love the theme.

It is a double good pin for me, I love the game play, and I love old school wrestling, so it is a huge hit with my wife and me.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from OnTilt:

Nice figures!
What set/series are those from?

those WWF figures from the "Hasbro" line. If you type "WWF HASBRO" and maybe "figure" in on eBay, you will get a ton listings--the Hasbro line had a bunch of figures/wrestlers from that era. LOL, I actually have them all,lol. Yes, I am a bit of a classic wresting "nut"!!!

--ed

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Nice mod! I'm in as well. Old-school wrestling fan here, and this is a great game with tons to do! "Ohhh Yeaaahhh!"

I'm an old school fan too. I still watch, a bit, but it is more out of habit, as I love the older stuff more. To get my fix of the older stuff, I love the WWE on demand channel, and of course I have my DVDs.

And like you, this pin is a double hit with me:
1) great playing pinball machine
2) classic WWF themed

--Ed

#22 10 years ago

Yeah, grabbed most of them at the flea market. Hardest one to get was the Macho Man with the hat/jacket. I was gonna try and cram Yokozuna by his ramp but it ain't happening lol.

They did some smaller Yokozuna figures over the years, not from the same line as the ones you have, but could likely work well if you had your heart set on getting a Yoko on that ramp area

The one in the first pic is more recent, done in the past few years. The second is a little older, as I think it came out when he was still alive and wrestling. I believe that both figures are in the 2-3 inch range -- and I'm sure they can be grabbed easily on eBay for cheap.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

For those who are thinking about putting some figures around the PF, I have also seen it done with these type of figure, and it also looks pretty darn cool too! They are smaller, more in the 2-3 inch range, so they sometimes fit better in other areas the big ones won't, also the flat bottling is nice for attaching them (I imagine some good double sided tape surface, or even zip ties in the holes in the bottom flat surface would work well). It's also good as this line has a ton of wrestlers from the era of the game, many who are in the game, and them being smaller allows for putting more in, if desired. There are a few others in this series that aren't in the pic, but the image is just a fast google grab. There are a few rare ones that fetch a bit of money, but 80% of the whole collection is easy to find and pretty cheap on ebay.
--Ed
image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

museum putty is really good to stick your figures on with, wont leave marks if you ever want to swap them around. And can put up with a bashing from ball. love how razor ramon is on the playfield, its great to see his back on track!!!Always been one of my favourites ..."Here comes the bad guy!!!!"

Never heard of museum putty, but sounds good, so I will try and grab some to use on some stuff I want a better grip on. Where can you get that stuff at?

And, I agree; it's nice to see razor getting better, as well as jake! I met jake a couple months ago, and he was in good shape, and seemed very happy.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Cant believe you met jake the snake, that is cool!!! I remember years ago Mr perfect and tatunka were wrestling here in Australia and I got to see them up close, I was just saying today to my workmate today, I regret not getting a photo with them.

I have actually been able to meet several wrestlers at conventions and such, I'm not the type to wait outside of the building after a wrestling event though. off the top of my head, I have been lucky enough to meet (I know as soon as I hit post, I will remember others):
Hulk hogan
Ax
Smash
Mr Fuji
Goldust
Lanny Poffo (genius)
Shockmaster/tugboat/typhoon
George the animal Steele
Million dollar man
Virgil
Diesel
Harley race
Jimmy hart
Tatanka
Slick
Howard finkil
Brutus beefcake
Brett hart
Jim Neighart
Roddy Piper
Nikolai Volkolf
Iron sheik
Tito Santana
Cowboy bob Orton
The warlord
King Kong bundy
Hacksaw Jim duggan
Doink
Akeem/one man gang
Super star billy graham
The king Jerry Lawler
Greg the hammer valentine
Jake the snake
Bobby the brain heenan

some more "recent" wrestlers:
Mick Foley
RVD
Balls Mahoney
Raven
Sandman
The blue meanie
Sharkboy
Rhyno
Sabu
Lita

#31 10 years ago

Also: Cliffy has protectors for this game, hit him up for some. Those mode start shots take a furious beating.

I agree, get the Cliffy's for WWFRR, they are awesome! I was one of Cliffy's testers for the WWFRR set of protectors, and I love them! Not only do the protect your game, but the help hide any old wear around the areas that usually get beat up!

Here are some shots from when I put mine in.

If you have WWFRR, I can't say it enough, contact Cliffy and get your game the protectors for your machine!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I *wish* they had made a life-sized Macho King crown replica. I'm not super into adding action figures to machines, but I'd totally add that as a topper and add a light to the purple jewel. I realize that was before the era represented on the machine, but I think it would be cooler than the belt topper.

I totally agree, I have always wanted them to do a macho king crown! Hopefully they will do it one day!
Also, savage is also my and my wife's favorite too!

1 week later
#53 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

My main complaint with this game is that the GI is too dark.
Very difficult to see the ball at times.
I have to play with my gameroom neons on out of necessity
(and to make the playfield colors pop)
Here are my ghetto mods:

No way that a replica belt is q "ghetto" mod!
I love the "big gold" (as they call it) title belt that was made famous via WCW!

2 weeks later
#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I am thinking about bringing my WWFRR to the York White Rose Show...

WWFRR seems to always gets love at the 2 PA shows (Allentown and white rose), I bet many would really appreciate it if you brought it! Also, we can use it as a meet up location for our sub-group of WWFRR lovers!
--ed

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

Got my wrestlers installed. Really liking my Hulk bash toy

Do you have the light wire mod (forgot the name of the product...lol..sorry) on your wire forms?

5 months later
#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Mine doesn't have a post but u can tell there was one before.

Same with mine, it doesn't have the post, but you can easily see where it went. It looks to be filled in and painted over, pretty nicely, so could it have been an option or factory decided change?

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

A few questions. Anyone have a lead on were I can get a center ramp mode start plastic? Also were can I find a nice WWF belt topper? Thanks

They are around, but aren't cheap. You can actually get an official repro WWF belt, like they actually wear, with metal and "leather" for about the same price as the WWFRR flimsy plastic topper for this game.

1 month later
#162 10 years ago

I wish they would do a color DMD for WWFRR!

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Finished up my 3 month project on my WWF and decided to have the Armor powder coated. Check it out. I wonder if some kind of red trim around the backbox cab would look good?

WWFRR powder coating.jpg 121 KB

Yeah, I think you should do RED trim on the backbox, so the RED trim flows from bottom to the top.the red looks cool, but it feels disconnected from the head ...just my 2 cents

3 weeks later
#174 10 years ago

WWFRR rules!

#176 10 years ago

Deleted the comment...sorry about that...read the comment, incorrectly, without my glasses and was trying to be helpful

I am not sure about the shaker... I had not noticed it to be too crazy, but it has been a minute since I played it, so If nobody replies by tomorow night, I can fire up my game and let you know

#185 10 years ago

I commend you on taking on the project, and thank you for rescuing a game that might have eventually been headed to the dump in that condition!

3 months later
#228 9 years ago

What's new with all you WWFRR lovers/owners?

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Slowly working on a mod idea or two for WWF

Care to share?

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I have a few topper ideas and another pretty cool idea that im afraid to disclose due to copycats.

Are you hoping to sell it?

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Are there any decent playfield toys for this?

There are all sorts of wrestling figures out there that you can put in various spots. The ones I always thought would work best are the ones they put out in the 80s and can be found easily on eBay for a few bucks...type in a wwf mini figures and if you need to narrow it add royal rumble to it.

The figures match the era of the pin perfectly and they are small enough that they fit in tons on spots around the game...and the flat bottoms make it nice for attaching them to places.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I'm holding out for a Twisted Pins replacement Banzai ramp, then I'm going to do a full shop job/flipper rebuild.

Is this a game they are going to be doing?

6 months later
#302 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Nice!
I wish someone had reproduced a life sized version of the Macho King crown (surprised WWF didn't create one to sell BITD). I'd definitely use it as a topper.

Quoted from fijnen69:

here is your macho king crown , a fully replicated one https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/215290483/macho-king-randy-savage-replica-crown?ref=market
you can even choose between a regular one ( 64,41$ ) , and a light up one ( 81,59$ ) , i prefere the original one and i am super happy with it .

I can't believe they never made a nice version of the crown, like they do with their belts and such!

4 months later
#332 8 years ago

Ooh man....ive been waiting for a color dmd to get done ror this game! Any details on buyibg one?

3 weeks later
#361 8 years ago

Price dependent...I am interested!

#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our prototype and I must say it looks very good. I don't have an original to put next to it but I feel it's REALLY close. We have 10 remaining for pre order. Once I get 16 people in I will order the material.
$150.00 + Shipping
Joe

WWFRR_Topper_Proto_001.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_002.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_003.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_004.jpg

How will this topper attach to the game?

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Bracket and screws.. We have 6 left

Will it be mounted level, like a "normal" topper, or askew like the original? I perfer the former!

And i know it is likely the same size a the original, but could you give me the dimension? I need to measure to see if will fit.

Thanks,
--ed

2 weeks later
#434 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The material has arrived and I have begun the etching part today. As for the bracket here is my thought.. I will make a large bracket and have it ready to be attached. You will be able to mount the bracket first then decide if you want to attach the topper tilted it or keep it straight, your call. Once you have it position the way you like it you'll be able to remove it with the bracket in place and firmly mount the bracket to the topper. The holes in the bracket should line up with the first 2 holes in the drawing Phillymadison drew in a post above. We do still have some left and will be sending out confirmation emails this week to those that have already expressed interest.
Thanks
Joe

Hey Joe,
I was going to message you the question, but it seems that you dont have pinside mail.
I was wondering, and please know that i dont know if what i am asking is possible, or a pain in the butt.
With that said, i have always wanted the WWF topper for my game, but have low basement ceilings, and there is no way that the original topper would fit.
My question: can smaller version be made and purchased from you. Using the same art and such, just reduced in size.
If so, how much?

Let me know either way,
--ed

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I am sure I could do it but I have to say that I am really having a difficult time with these right now. My technique for removing the mask is just not cooperating. I have already ruined one and that is not good. I stepped away from it for a bit until I can figure out how to remove the mask safely.
What size were you looking for? My email is [email protected]

I will measure the area i have avaible (top of head to the start of ceiling), over the next few days, and shoot you an email. From there, we can decide what percentage reduction of the belt topp will fit in the space.

Thanks,
--ed

BTW - sorry the project is giving you a hassle. I think walking away from the project is the best idea for the moment...and then you can return with fresh eyes...and without the frustration you are likely feeling at the moment. Im sure you will eventually work it all out.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Yes.. but it is a very long procedure. I am peeling each piece of paper one by one, it's the only way and it takes a heck of a long time to do. I am working on it but I need time to do this.

Sorry to hear it is an annoying prosses, but we all thank you for taking time to re-make the "cherry on top" of this awesome game!

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Make the customer peel it and knock off 10.00 ... LOL

"Take off some cash, for taking off the scraps" .....lol

2 months later
#533 8 years ago

Zentron,
Is that a lighted speaker upgrade i see?

#540 8 years ago

the led speaker grill looks sharp!

1 month later
#715 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sold out the first batch but making more now and will be ready to ship on Monday.

I was wondering if you might be able to do the other "plastic part" for this game too. On the top of the center (metal) ramp, there is a small piece of plexi that is meant to prevent air balls and keep the ball on the ramp (not the one for the plastic ramp that you made). I have always been nervous that it will crack or break all together. So, I figured that I would ask you about possibly doing it, especially since you are doing the ramps and such.

--Ed

#716 8 years ago

I know some people who got the new plastic ramp and the piece that covers the ramp, had mentioned getting their top piece lasered with the WWF logo....sis anybody have it done/find a place? I would love to see the end results, and possibly have it done for my game.
Thanks,
--Ed

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Hey everyone in the WWF Club. I posted up some pics and a vid of the LCD mod that Toyotaboy made for me over on the lcd cabinet mod topic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/street-fighter-2-lcd-cabinet-mod

That screen in the RR is rad!

#724 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Posted in other thread too but could the screen and raspberry pi be connected to a roku stick and stream the wwe network to it?

Holy cow...that is an amazing, and perhaps "dangerous" idea....as if I can play pinball, watch the wwe network, and somehow figure out how to get my game to dispense pizza bites, I will never be found away from my game.

1 week later
#731 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Sure I think I could make that. Would like to see a close up photo, then if someone would scan it (just so I can get the shape) then give me measurement between the mounting holes, should not be a problem to make. Probably make this one out of polycarconate (LEXAN)

Would it be easier if I mailed you mine? This way you are sure to have everything you need and it will be sure that it is 100% matching? I can also be your "tester" and make sure it fits and such once you have it done.

1 week later
#746 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Royal Rumble this weekend. Who's watching?

I am! RR and WM are the two I try and always make sure I catch each year!
You watching?

2 weeks later
#783 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Quick questions i just picked up my second Royal Rumble! Has anyone produced plastic protectors? Also anyone make the "Tag" target decals? Pics of my machine will be posted soon. Got shop it out first Oh Yeah!!!!!
Harley D.

As far as I have ever seen, the "tag" targets do NOT have decals/artwork on the actual targets. Only artwork on targets, as far as I know are 4 "dead" and the 3 "wwf logos" on the drop down targets.

11 months later
#966 7 years ago

The TILT game blades look amazing! I had been bugging Jose (from tilt) to make them for a while, and when he finally did, I loved how they turned out!

2 months later
#981 7 years ago

Have you guys seen the topper that laseriffic did for WWFRR. I grabbed one for my game and I am super happy with it!

https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/wwfrr-topper

IMG_0238 (resized).PNGIMG_0238 (resized).PNG

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah I saw that the other day, do you have any pictures of it installed?

I can take a pic of mine and post it, however, mine will not give a true indication of how it will look. I say this, as I have a basement game room, therefor drop ceilings, which then mean low headroom for toppers. Because of this, I needed to ask laseriffic to make me one at a smaller size, which he was awesome enough to make for me special order!!!!?
As a result, mine is not as tall or as wide as the one he has listed on his site. Granted, I think the one he sells standard will fill the head's width better, however, with my low cieling, it was wither go smaller (on the height , which then meant the width got proportionaly smaller) or have nothing.

If you still want to see a pic of it on my game, even though it's a smaller size, just let me know and I'm happy to do it.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Haven't seen that before, that does look cool.

I believe he has just released it within the past couple of weeks, which is why I thought I would post it here. It really is a nice alternative if you don't have the original plastic topper. But I will even go one further, and say that this is actually a tad nicer that the "stock" flimsy plastic belt topper typically seen on WWFFRR.
The light "modes" options are really nice, and the overall look of the topper, on or off, is really slick!
Totally worth the asking price IMHO.

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How easy was it to install? As in, is it difficult getting the LEDs to work?

So very easy! It's basically a board that you click into the pins of one of the harness connections on the board, and then plug the harness into the new board ....rather than the Williams board. It couldn't be easier, or cleaner of an install!

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Would love to see a full size one installed

Sorry...don't have a full size to be able to show with. Mine is slightly smaller

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I haven't seen that one, but I will say the one he made for WWFRR a few months (year?) back is awesome. Looks like he used the same design but made it clear so you could do whatever color you want.

The color changing LEDs shine through the clear plastic and make the belt change colors....it's a nice effect.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Is there an interesting story behind the production of this game? It seems like it wasn't in production very long and in one of the TNT YouTube videos he mentions how it was closed out or something? Just curious

In a funny coincidence, My wife got me my WWFRR from TNT...we love Todd!

As far as stories about the game, the one that I have always heard was about the problems they were having because of wrestlers coming and going. It was around the time of the WWF and WCW war, and many of the wrestlers, which were well known at the time, and were slated to be on the game, kept having to get removed...and when you have and art package, not to mention DMD and audio call outs, this can be a huge problem...and cause a game to go way over time and budget.
I think I heard that by the time that all was said and done, with all the changes and setbacks, everyone was so frustrated and was just wanted to be done with the project. What was originally meant to be a game packed with tons of fan favorites wound up being a weird stripped down version.
I also heard that the reason it was a wide body was due to the fact that they wanted it to feel big and bulky ....like a wrestler and/or like the packed royal match the game is themed on....and the wide body would feel more filled if it had all of the stuff the first incarnation was to have. there was supposed to be way more characters and these characters meant to be used all over the playfield layout. However, when you pull out a ton of characters and modes, you are left with a wide body that feels a bit empty (one complaint about the game is many feel it just feels like a game that would make more sense as a standard size game rather than the baron feeling wide body version).

Also, from what I understand, Hulk was actually with WCW at the time, but WWF decided to still feature him on the game, as he was such an iconic character and synonymous with wrestling and the WWF...so even though he was working for the "enemy" at the time, he is featured on the game.

As many know, there was a back glass that featured a ton of wrestlers, but wound up getting scrapped, likely because so many had jumped to the other company, and it likely wasn't worth trying to keep updating the one with all of them on it. Instead, they went with a handful of wrestlers on the back glass, rather than the crowd of wrestlers you might think of for a "royal rumble" (30 wrestlers in the same match).

What some might not know is there is an alternate body artwork for the game, which I will attach as a pic. Personally, I wish the version in the pic was what was used for production, much cooler than the blander version used. Heck, I would even jump on a set of decals if somebody made alternate decals for the game using the original body artwork.

So....any other stories? Those are the ones I know.

IMG_0246 (resized).JPGIMG_0246 (resized).JPG

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know what the headbox and front artwork looked like on that original version?
I Might be able to get artwork done if so

Quoted from phillymadison:

It's a referee. Either Bill Alfonzo or a generic one. Refs back then used to wear either white or light blue dress shirts with a bow tie.

Heard it was supposed to be the Ultimate Warrior on the sides of the back box.

That would have been cool if it would have been Warrior, but I'm going to guess that it might not have been meant to be him. I am of course guessing, but here are my "clues" I'm using to make my hypothesis....lol

In 1991, Warrior left on really bad terms, as he demanded more money to go out to the ring for a really big pay per view match. Vince was steamed and Warrior was gone ASAP. Then he returned, but was gone again in 1992, as he tested positive for steroids, and as it says on IPDB, one of the revised was that the WWF wanted the art redone to reflect less "steroid looking" bodies. In 1991, the steroid scandal really hit the fan, and in 1994, it was in high gear. Granted, Hulk was also seen as one of the "steroid" looking guys, however, I am guessing they were more willing to do a less steroid version of Hulk and use him, as they were going with Hulk already because of his iconic appeal ...even though he was technically not with the company....combined with the bad blood with Warrior, I am guessing Warrior wasn't going to get that prominent spot on the game.

I also put the pics together and although we only have the tip of the boot on the prototype version.....it is the HULK yellow, and when you put it next to the artwork used in the production run, the tip if the boot looks identical, which leads me to further believe it was Hulk in both versions.

Again.....all of this is just a guess on my end...and I just enjoyed thinking out loud about it.....lol

IMG_0256 (resized).JPGIMG_0256 (resized).JPG

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

It's a referee. Either Bill Alfonzo or a generic one. Refs back then used to wear either white or light blue dress shirts with a bow tie.

Holy cow....you just made me look at my game totally different....lol!
I had either been told by somebody, or read somewhere, it was supposed to be Bob Backlund. While I never thought it looked much like Backlund, and thought it weird he would be used during this era's art package, I just went with it, as I thought it looked like a guy with short blond hair in a striped zip up track like jacket.
However, now reading you say it is a referee, it is clear as day it is a ref.....blue shirt (that darker horizontal section isn't a "stripe"...lol..it's the shadow of his arm), black bow tie....hands in air like making a count.....it all makes sense now....lol.

IMG_0258 (resized).JPGIMG_0258 (resized).JPG

#1017 7 years ago

After reading the theory about it originally being Warrior, but they just did a head and gear swap, I totally think you guys are on to something. The body is more beefed up, like warrior, and that pose is totally a warrior pose.

Also, if you look at the Hulk artwork, you ca almost see where they blacked out where the Warrior's arm tassels would have wrapped around the biceps. At first glance, it just looks like a shadow, but if you look at it with the thought it is Warrior, you can see the line is where the tassel would be (see below).

This investigation is fun.....lol

I see that the pics for the prototype came from an interview in a pinball magazine. I wonder if there is a way we can contact the author to see if there are any other pics (they didn't use), or even if we could get contact info for who they interviewed, so we could contact him that we want to put together the alternate artwork ...and we would love to learn more about it. It might also be that we could get the info for the person who has the game, and we can get them to supply pics and measurements.....etc.
I really would love to see the prototype artwork project happen....it's been one I have been thinking about for years now!

IMG_0268 (resized).JPGIMG_0268 (resized).JPG
IMG_0269 (resized).JPGIMG_0269 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPGIMG_0270 (resized).JPG

IMG_0271 (resized).PNGIMG_0271 (resized).PNG

IMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPG

IMG_0275 (resized).JPGIMG_0275 (resized).JPG

IMG_0273 (resized).PNGIMG_0273 (resized).PNG

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah I'm convinced it was originally warrior. It'd be awesome if someone could uncover this top secret wwfrr prototype. It's gotta be sitting somewhere right?

Has to be somewhere ....as they got those pics at some point

5 months later
#1119 6 years ago

MrsHardy were you referring to the ones I did like 4-5 years ago? If so, I’m happy to answer any questions you may have about how I did mine

538DE692-2FAE-4E0B-A3D8-A905DEC5CC90 (resized).jpeg538DE692-2FAE-4E0B-A3D8-A905DEC5CC90 (resized).jpeg

#1120 6 years ago

BTW- I can’t remember if I posted about the “game blades” that my friends over at Tilt Graphics made, but even if I did, it’s an awesome product and worth the extra post...haha. I installed them on my game, and I couldn’t be happier! They match the color palate, and artwork feel so well that they feel like they are “stock”, and to me, the best mods are ones that are so well done they look like they were part of the game when it was released.
Check them out....they are great products, and the owners are good people!

Here is a link: https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/wwf-royal-rumble-gameblades

And here is a pic from their website of the ones for this game:

BE149FD2-F1CC-4772-9B2C-5D22F517644A (resized).jpegBE149FD2-F1CC-4772-9B2C-5D22F517644A (resized).jpeg

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I've been debating putting these on. My only concern was the colors. My game plastics are more red than orange but I know they vary from game to game. How do these look on your machine, do they match the plastics?

I absolutely LOVE them! Keep in mind that MANY of the plastics are indeed red, such as the slingshots and lane return to flippers. However, the 2 outermost plastics on the bottom of the playfield, one left, one right, are orange (not red - unless you lit them differently with an led). So the plastics nearest the gameblades do match the orange...and the yellow is from the upper areas that have the yellow crowd.
Double check your game to see about the orange ... it’s easy to miss.

572E8445-F147-4A40-B955-9B5C806D4D3E (resized).jpeg572E8445-F147-4A40-B955-9B5C806D4D3E (resized).jpeg

32ED12D5-808E-4279-974A-005ED08D9D26 (resized).jpeg32ED12D5-808E-4279-974A-005ED08D9D26 (resized).jpeg

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Thanks for the pics! I checked my game and where it looks like yours fade from orange to yellow, mine fade from red to orange. Very strange, but still more orange on mine than I thought so I will still probably give them a try.

That is strange- if you can, post a pic of the plastics in yours, as I would love to check out those differences. I wonder why there is such a difference, and if there are other color variations between other WWFRR games

5 months later
#1167 6 years ago

Got an email from color DMD about the WWFRR being the next official release, and it included some pics. Looks great!

6E80E2D8-81E6-40E0-943E-2C1E628EF22C (resized).png6E80E2D8-81E6-40E0-943E-2C1E628EF22C (resized).png

3D7D36AA-A4ED-4EE2-9173-7342D1677D84 (resized).png3D7D36AA-A4ED-4EE2-9173-7342D1677D84 (resized).png

ABAF7263-C66F-4E35-A8E1-AD1D463E33A3 (resized).pngABAF7263-C66F-4E35-A8E1-AD1D463E33A3 (resized).png

FC833FDD-7905-4D88-A3EB-AD95CBB53EC3 (resized).pngFC833FDD-7905-4D88-A3EB-AD95CBB53EC3 (resized).png

A8EE5E8E-F85B-456B-A61C-9EFC5E0A0F01 (resized).pngA8EE5E8E-F85B-456B-A61C-9EFC5E0A0F01 (resized).png

6 months later
#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from gameroompinball:

Anyone interested in buying an alternate translight? I switched back to the original.

How much are you looking to get? Is it the one that one of the other guy on this thread also sells?

1 month later
#1266 5 years ago

I still wish somebody would do a decal set for the body to make it look like the prototype version. I am surprised nobody has posted they have it on pinside or this thread.

8 months later
#1324 4 years ago

I would love to get a set of the plastics that say “Royal Rumble” that sit on the return lane guide to the flippers. Any chance of buying a set of just them?

8 months later
#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

Finally!! What a superb set of artwork. Our very own hassanchop comes up Trump with this killer package. RR will never now leave my collection
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=royal+rumble&post_type=product[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Any chance you know where he got refrence images from? I know there’s the one pic on IPDB, but I was just curious if anyone ever found others as we’ve all been wondering for years about it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider e_n_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club?tu=e_n_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.