IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gingerbloke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Titantron LCD mod from Random Pinball
[quoted image]

That looks awesome!!!
Am tempted...

#1536 3 years ago

My Royal rumble is dead!

I have been having power issues with 5v and a garbled screen, several burned molex connectors on the power board
I tried a pindora replacement power board - it booted the machine but the screen was garbled - I thought a 5v issue.

I repaired the old power board and put it back l - I now have 5v constant. but the machine is dead.
When I boot, and look at the CPU board, the Blank and +5V lights turn on and stay on - the PIA light never turns on..
Is this indicative of a rom issue or a power issue?
I tried an old rom - still dead.

I just tried booting with the CPU board disconnected from the power board - display lights up with version number etc..

anybody got a clue?

1 week later
#1537 3 years ago

Ok - Power problems fixed.
I have another question - my Rumble arrived with a Tag button installed like a normal start button - flat against the cabinet.

Looks like an innovative repair job...

I have bought the Tag button holder . It looks like it is attached to the cabinet with brackets? (I don't have them...)

Can anybody make a photo or show me how the plastic tab button holder is attached?
525FAFEE-84CE-4532-8918-6CE1019FA8FA (resized).jpeg525FAFEE-84CE-4532-8918-6CE1019FA8FA (resized).jpeg74BEF9AC-83F5-4A19-8B16-23A066F1CC71 (resized).jpeg74BEF9AC-83F5-4A19-8B16-23A066F1CC71 (resized).jpeg

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Button help for you. Let me know if that's enough/ok
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's perfect thank you!

1 month later
#1564 2 years ago

Hi Guys - a quick question about the Upper playfield - after a couple of months - I finally have a playing Royal Rumble OHHHH YEAHH..

How do people hit the kicker/eject on the upper playfield - my upper playfield flippers cant reach it?

I guess the better question is how are your upper playfield flippers adjusted?
Do you reference the small holes in the playfield as a guide?
Flipper height - unlike the lower playfield - the height adjustment is very vague - do you adjust to be just above scraping the playfield?

Any advise would be warmly received...

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've owned this machine on three separate occasions. It has basically always been in my collection for the past 8 years in one way or another, two of the machines taht upper playfield saucer was impossible to hit, the other it went in all the time. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the differences or what caused it as all my flippers seemed aligned the same.

Ah i see! Yeah watched a couple of you tubes - looks hard.. I might try lowering the right flipper a little - give me a bit more momentum..

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The flippers should be pointed at the little holes. On the upper playfield, the right flipper will appear a bit low but if it’s pointed at the hole that is the correct angle. If you are still having trouble hitting the kickout try angling the flipper a bit lower

Thanks Mattyk . Yeah i have em lined up . I will try angling it lower to see if i get more power..

4 months later
#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Anyone have a Pin2dmd installed know if there’s a link for the real pin files?
Msged cb3 on vpuniverse as directed in his info on the download section but haven’t heard back from him.
Have a display arriving in the next few days, would like to get my ducks in a row for when it shows up.
Thanks

Hi There- greatids think alike - I Paid CB3 the donation on Wednesday - also heard nothing.

If anybody has the files - I can show you the PayPal transaction to prove I paid CB3?
Screen is installed - I just need the file...

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Hi There- greatids think alike - I Paid CB3 the donation on Wednesday - also heard nothing.
If anybody has the files - I can show you the PayPal transaction to prove I paid CB3?
Screen is installed - I just need the file...

Or does anybody have an email address? His Domation on Paypal has no details or.email.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Just checked, he hasn't been on VPUniverse since September 1.
Checking the list of games with colorizations available this is listed for his WWF release
"WWF Royal Rumble - WIP - Author: @cb3 - Vpin Download - (Real Pin Contact Author) - Adjustments & Diagnostics are blacked out, removal of SD required - Please be advised Issues/delays with donations & contact"
I'm sure he'll get back to us when he can.

He got back to me today - it was only 3 days.. bit you know what it's like when you have a new shiny toy...
The Pim2dmd looks awesome in colour.

#1594 2 years ago

So… an update. I have 2 data east games. A royal rumble and a maverick. Both work great and both just got a rebuild… Maverick now has an arduino motor to remove the really noisy motor and gearbox for the paddle Wheel.

Both got new power boards. Both instantly developed the dreaded hum from the speakers. For me unbearable…

I tried some of the fixes out there - and I know for the purists a sin. But I installed separate power supplies for the sound card in both today.
I now have 2 silent data east machines. Zero hum.
Unless you are a purist or somebody who can’t do it - I strongly recommend adding a separate power supply for the sound card. Night and day difference..

2 years later
#1686 3 months ago

Any Data East experts out there can help? My WWFR has a new issue - the 6 ball trough coil - the one that kicks the ball up an out of the trough. The coil is locked on as soon as power is fed.

From my basic knowledge this is called the “6 ball assembly lockout? Am i right? If so, I changes the Q46 transistor and the coil is still locked up with power.

Anybody got any ideas for next steps?

Fuse is F7 PPB board

#1687 3 months ago

2nd issue that isn’t helping - the display is 100% working in game mode but when i got to maintenance, It displays “audits and adjustments” and then goes blank when i try to go into the menus? Any idea?

#1688 3 months ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Any Data East experts out there can help? My WWFR has a new issue - the 6 ball trough coil - the one that kicks the ball up an out of the trough. The coil is locked on as soon as power is fed.
From my basic knowledge this is called the “6 ball assembly lockout? Am i right? If so, I changes the Q46 transistor and the coil is still locked up with power.
Anybody got any ideas for next steps?
Fuse is F7 PPB board

Just checked the cable colors (haven’t had to repair a pinball in 2 years and it appears i have forgotten the basics…) it is showing as Q45 - kick out. I will check the transistor tomorrow

#1689 3 months ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

2nd issue that isn’t helping - the display is 100% working in game mode but when i got to maintenance, It displays “audits and adjustments” and then goes blank when i try to go into the menus? Any idea?

Solved by some German friends on the Flippermarkt website - I have a Pin2dmd and just needed to remove the SD card…

#1690 3 months ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Just checked the cable colors (haven’t had to repair a pinball in 2 years and it appears i have forgotten the basics…) it is showing as Q45 - kick out. I will check the transistor tomorrow

New transistor in, all working - lucky that was all it was!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gingerbloke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club?tu=Gingerbloke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.