IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg
There are 1,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 35.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our prototype and I must say it looks very good. I don't have an original to put next to it but I feel it's REALLY close. We have 10 remaining for pre order. Once I get 16 people in I will order the material.
$150.00 + Shipping
Joe

WWFRR_Topper_Proto_001.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_002.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_003.jpg WWFRR_Topper_Proto_004.jpg

How will this topper attach to the game?

#402 8 years ago

Bracket and screws.. We have 6 left

#403 8 years ago

Does anyone have the deminsions for the wwf royal rumble left Banzi ramp? I am working with a manufacturing company that may be able to reproduce the ramp with stainless steel. I can't find any deminsions online anywhere. Please help. Thanks

wwf_royal_rumble_ramp_1.jpgwwf_royal_rumble_ramp_1.jpg

wwf_royal_rumble_ramp_2.jpgwwf_royal_rumble_ramp_2.jpg

#404 8 years ago

This is great stuff! I always wonder why they went with a plastic ramp in the first place. TFTC had all metal ramps.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Bracket and screws.. We have 6 left

Will it be mounted level, like a "normal" topper, or askew like the original? I perfer the former!

And i know it is likely the same size a the original, but could you give me the dimension? I need to measure to see if will fit.

Thanks,
--ed

#406 8 years ago

The final size is 19.389 x 11.139. I haven't given the bracket much thought yet, I was hoping someone would give me the dimesions of the existing holes on the game.

#407 8 years ago

I will get you those dementions asap

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Does anyone have the deminsions for the wwf Royal Rumble left Banzi ramp? I am working with a manufacturing company that may be able to reproduce the ramp with stainless steel. I can't find any deminsions online anywhere. Please help. Thanks

wwf_royal_rumble_ramp_1.jpgwwf_royal_rumble_ramp_2.jpg

HAHA, Those are my pictures from my restoration last year. I asked a fabricator about a stainless steel ramp once before but they said it would be expensive to make. A stainless ramp would be awesome. I can remove my ramp, make some tracings and measuresments of it if that would help get this done.

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The final size is 19.389 x 11.139. I haven't given the bracket much thought yet, I was hoping someone would give me the dimesions of the existing holes on the game.

If Dan doesn't get them by the morning I'll get them for you when I get home.

#410 8 years ago

Where are we on the count currently?

#411 8 years ago

Half sold.. still need 8 more people. The material for this is sooo expensive I really need to have 16 sold before I order it.

#412 8 years ago

What ROM are you guys on? I just noticed that mine is on 1.03; is that the latest?

#413 8 years ago

1.06 is the latest I believe

#414 8 years ago

Well...

...I'm out of the club for now. I traded my WWFRR+cash for a Metallica pro. I'm going to miss it. Fun game, great theme, it's on the top of my list to own again.

#415 8 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

1.06 is the latest I believe

Do you know what the differences are on the two Rom's? I can't find any ROM update notes.

#416 8 years ago

I'm also interested in the differences between 1.03 and 1.06. Any info on this?

#417 8 years ago

I looked but never found any info on the revisions.

#418 8 years ago

Just hold out for 1.07, it will be released soon. I believe it removes all references to Hulk Hogan

#419 8 years ago

I recently did the upgrade from 1.03 to 1.06. Played about 20 games and haven't noticed any gameplay changes at all. I think one of the attract screens may be different, but I'm not by the machine right now to check.

#420 8 years ago

Ok so 3 holes are on top of Royal Rumble. 2 for the middle of the belt and 1 for the end of the belt touching the top. These measurements are the holes that the factory pre drilled. If you want the pre drilled holes on the belt I can measure them too. The holes are in a pattern like this

image.jpgimage.jpg

The 2 holes closest to each other in the middle are 2 7/8" away from each other the next hole is 7 1/8" away from the middle hole. And if you need it the far right hole is 6 1/8" from the edge of the back box.

Hope this makes sense.

#421 8 years ago

Yes it does.. good drawing. Do you know if it was one piece bracket or 2 piece?

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

HAHA, Those are my pictures from my restoration last year. I asked a fabricator about a stainless steel ramp once before but they said it would be expensive to make. A stainless ramp would be awesome. I can remove my ramp, make some tracings and measuresments of it if that would help get this done.

Yes this would help. I have a company I am dealing with locally that can do it for me. Once I give them the measurements then he can give me the price making this ramp.

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Yes it does.. good drawing. Do you know if it was one piece bracket or 2 piece?

In all honestly I don't have a bracket nor do I think there is one. The holes in the back box line up with the holes in the belt so I think it's just 3 screws that hold the topper on. This is just my guess I have nothing that says for sure. The manual doesn't say anything about it either.

#424 8 years ago

Got it.. I will make a test bracket for the prototype and send off to dannunz for testing first ,and with some luck get it right first time. We are still short on pre orders so I haven't ordered the material yet.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Got it.. I will make a test bracket for the prototype and send off to dannunz for testing first ,and with some luck get it right first time. We are still short on pre orders so I haven't ordered the material yet.

I will be happily awaiting it.

#426 8 years ago

Bump...for excellent WWF Topper that Laseriffic is working on. If any are interested, please let Laseriffic know. We are needing 16 commitments to get a run on this.

#427 8 years ago

Maybe making a new topic just for the topper will get the remaining people to sign up? Some may have a Royal Rumble but not actively check the members thread.

#428 8 years ago

Good idea. I'll leave that up to Laseriffic or Dannunz.

#429 8 years ago

I'll do it in a few days. The material ships out tomorrow, I went ahead and ordered it even though we don't have 16 yet.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I'll do it in a few days. The material ships out tomorrow, I went ahead and ordered it even though we don't have 16 yet.

They will sell! Game is a keeper in my mind.

Still looking for a middle ramp mode start plastic or at least a scan.

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

I recently did the upgrade from 1.03 to 1.06. Played about 20 games and haven't noticed any gameplay changes at all. I think one of the attract screens may be different, but I'm not by the machine right now to check.

K, thanks for the info.

1 week later
#432 8 years ago

The material has arrived and I have begun the etching part today. As for the bracket here is my thought.. I will make a large bracket and have it ready to be attached. You will be able to mount the bracket first then decide if you want to attach the topper tilted it or keep it straight, your call. Once you have it position the way you like it you'll be able to remove it with the bracket in place and firmly mount the bracket to the topper. The holes in the bracket should line up with the first 2 holes in the drawing Phillymadison drew in a post above. We do still have some left and will be sending out confirmation emails this week to those that have already expressed interest.

Thanks
Joe

#433 8 years ago

Great news! Thanks for the update. We appreciate your hard work and turning this into a reality for us WWF owners who don't have the original topper.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The material has arrived and I have begun the etching part today. As for the bracket here is my thought.. I will make a large bracket and have it ready to be attached. You will be able to mount the bracket first then decide if you want to attach the topper tilted it or keep it straight, your call. Once you have it position the way you like it you'll be able to remove it with the bracket in place and firmly mount the bracket to the topper. The holes in the bracket should line up with the first 2 holes in the drawing Phillymadison drew in a post above. We do still have some left and will be sending out confirmation emails this week to those that have already expressed interest.
Thanks
Joe

Hey Joe,
I was going to message you the question, but it seems that you dont have pinside mail.
I was wondering, and please know that i dont know if what i am asking is possible, or a pain in the butt.
With that said, i have always wanted the WWF topper for my game, but have low basement ceilings, and there is no way that the original topper would fit.
My question: can smaller version be made and purchased from you. Using the same art and such, just reduced in size.
If so, how much?

Let me know either way,
--ed

#435 8 years ago

I am sure I could do it but I have to say that I am really having a difficult time with these right now. My technique for removing the mask is just not cooperating. I have already ruined one and that is not good. I stepped away from it for a bit until I can figure out how to remove the mask safely.
What size were you looking for? My email is [email protected]

#436 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I am sure I could do it but I have to say that I am really having a difficult time with these right now. My technique for removing the mask is just not cooperating. I have already ruined one and that is not good. I stepped away from it for a bit until I can figure out how to remove the mask safely.
What size were you looking for? My email is [email protected]

I will measure the area i have avaible (top of head to the start of ceiling), over the next few days, and shoot you an email. From there, we can decide what percentage reduction of the belt topp will fit in the space.

Thanks,
--ed

BTW - sorry the project is giving you a hassle. I think walking away from the project is the best idea for the moment...and then you can return with fresh eyes...and without the frustration you are likely feeling at the moment. Im sure you will eventually work it all out.

#437 8 years ago

Some masking you can spray water on to dissolve an loosen it up or you can try
a strong duct tape wrapped around your hand. Tapping the mask to grab and remove it?

#438 8 years ago

I use windex, it dilutes the glue. The issue is that the paint that gets on the mask is spreading into the etched non painted areas. I am going to have another go at it. As soon as I get this done they are ready to go the rest is complete.

#439 8 years ago

Any luck on this since you walked away?

#440 8 years ago

Yes.. but it is a very long procedure. I am peeling each piece of paper one by one, it's the only way and it takes a heck of a long time to do. I am working on it but I need time to do this.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Yes.. but it is a very long procedure. I am peeling each piece of paper one by one, it's the only way and it takes a heck of a long time to do. I am working on it but I need time to do this.

Sorry to hear it is an annoying prosses, but we all thank you for taking time to re-make the "cherry on top" of this awesome game!

#442 8 years ago

Make the customer peel it and knock off 10.00 ... LOL

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Make the customer peel it and knock off 10.00 ... LOL

"Take off some cash, for taking off the scraps" .....lol

1 week later
#444 8 years ago

Been looking for a mode start plastic to replace my broken one for a year now. No luck so I made my own mod. Thanks Modfather for the idea!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#445 8 years ago

Well guys unfortunately this has not gone well on my end. What is happening is when the laser etch's off the material it leaves very fine lines, when paint hits it it has a capillary action and spreads into non black areas and it ruins the etching. As I am peeling away the paper the paint has seeped into areas and can't be cleaned off hence ruining the material. I have 9 ruined at this point and I am trying to save as many as possible as I can't order any more material due to cost. I will update soon, I am going to have it re drawn a different way that might help in solving this issue for the remaining sheets I have left.

#446 8 years ago

Would it be possible to do two layers, rather than etching/painting one layer? For example, have a solid black layer, then cut out the black areas completely in the gold layer and attach to the black base. Then that goes onto the white "leather" layer? The design may be too intricate to do that - and as you mentioned, would probably require ordering more material. Hopefully you're able to get the current ones into a workable state. I'm still interested in purchasing either way. Thank you again for your efforts on this!

#447 8 years ago

Ok guys I got 10 done ready to go and that is it, the rest fell to failure. I have everyone who emailed me and I will be sending a email over the weekend confirming you still want one.

thanks
Joe

#448 8 years ago

anybody added Colour DMD to their RR

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Ok guys I got 10 done ready to go and that is it, the rest fell to failure. I have everyone who emailed me and I will be sending a email over the weekend confirming you still want one.
thanks
Joe

Thanks for sticking with it, I can't wait to see the finished product!

#450 8 years ago

Thanks Laserriffic for doing this. We all appreciate your hard work on this repro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.