IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg

There are 1,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.
#1601 2 years ago

Accidental duplicate post.

2 months later
#1602 2 years ago

It’s been a little quiet here recently. This is an excellent coded machine by our dear Lyman Sheats. I’ve always thought this was an underrated machine due to the theme. Anyways, I have laseriffic topper and the bracket holding it up has broken off. Any suggestions on getting this thing mounted again?

1D7CDA69-FE81-4DB3-8650-DDEDEC75390F (resized).jpeg1D7CDA69-FE81-4DB3-8650-DDEDEC75390F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1603 2 years ago

Does anyone have a topper (original, repro, or laseriffic) available? Or know where I can get one?

#1604 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get the LCD mini playfield screen mod? I've contacted the guy who makes them and never get a response. Anyone have one lying around they would sell? Let me know if you do, thanks.

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Does anyone have a topper (original, repro, or laseriffic) available? Or know where I can get one?

I.know somebody with a "laserific" topper.

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I have no idea if this is the correct way to reply. I have a topper I can sell. My roof is a bit too short for it. Not sure if its a repro. Its a transparent belt that lights up.

Edit: I see my buddy Yellowghost posted above. Im his buddy with the topper. Im glad he knew what it was as I had no idea lol. Ive never sold anything here before but ive done ebay lots so should be pretty comfy shipping if needed.

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I have a repro of the original topper.. I’m in the UK however

1 week later
#1608 2 years ago
Quoted from Grevier2:

I have no idea if this is the correct way to reply. I have a topper I can sell. My roof is a bit too short for it. Not sure if its a repro. Its a transparent belt that lights up.
Edit: I see my buddy Yellowghost posted above. Im his buddy with the topper. Im glad he knew what it was as I had no idea lol. Ive never sold anything here before but ive done ebay lots so should be pretty comfy shipping if needed.

Sending a pm your way

1 week later
#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

I have a repro of the original topper.. I’m in the UK however

Sent you a dm

#1610 1 year ago

Does anyone have an original translite in excellent condition that they are not using and would sell? I’m talking to those that replaced their translite with the prototype.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Does anyone have an original translite in excellent condition that they are not using and would sell? I’m talking to those that replaced their translite with the prototype.

Unfortunately I think that most who have done this, including myself, will keep the original for potential future resale.

#1612 1 year ago

Does anyone have or can make one of the alternate translites?

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Does anyone have or can make one of the alternate translites?

Yes. Check with RDReynolds

#1614 1 year ago

I’ve had mine on route for about 6 months and I finally saw the video mode lol
Fun game!

#1615 1 year ago

Had an upper playfield drop target break. Can it be replaced without removing the upper playfield? What would the steps be if so?

#1616 1 year ago

Anyone have an extra upper playfield drop target sticker?
And Yes, you can add replace drop targets on the upper playfield without taking off the upper playfield. The toughest part is getting the spring back on the drop target.

#1617 1 year ago

Greetings all!

I'm the proud new owner of a WWFRR, and it's in really good shape mechanically. I'm working on replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs, and I'm seeing some strange behavior. During an individual lamp test, many of them are also lighting lamps 9-12. Based on what I found, it looks like column 2 is the one that is always getting double lit, but only lamps 9-12. Here's the results (the number on the left is the lamp I'm testing based on the lamp matrix. The number on the right is the other lamp that lights up at the same time:

Lamp - What else is lit?
1 9
2 10
3 11
4 12
17 9
18 10
19 11
20 12
25 9
26 10
27 11
28 12
33 9
34 10
35 11
36 12
41 9
42 10
43 11
44 12
49 9
50 10
51 11
52 12

This seems to indicate only the top half of column 2 is affected. I checked all the column transistors and they are reading fine. Is there maybe an IC that controls only the top half of this column? Note: I confirmed the same behavior is happening with the incandescent bulbs, but they're so dim you just can't notice it. I had to do the test with the playfield lifted to verify this, so I know the issue is not the LEDs. See pic for reference (I'm testing the lamp on the left ladder, but as you can see the lamp on the right ladder is also lit up)

20220412_002536357_iOS (resized).jpg20220412_002536357_iOS (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1619 1 year ago

Picked this translite up from retrorefurbs. Seems overly pixelated, like a bad scan. Does this seem normal? This is with standard bulbs, not leds behind it.

20220521_113541 (resized).jpg20220521_113541 (resized).jpg20220521_113553 (resized).jpg20220521_113553 (resized).jpg
#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from Brad76:

Picked this translite up from retrorefurbs. Seems overly pixelated, like a bad scan. Does this seem normal? This is with standard bulbs, not leds behind it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Retrorefurbs is known for moderate quality, but has what you need if you are missing artwork.

Albeit at moderate to low quality.

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Retrorefurbs is known for moderate quality, but has what you need if you are missing artwork.

Message rdreynolds. He had several that were better quality. I know because I made the same mistake you did.

That being said I have had other products from retro refurbs and been completely happy with the quality. Think it might be that this is an item that wasn't ever produced by data east so there aren't any originals to scan

#1622 1 year ago

I just joined the club!

What a fun game!

Lots of small repairs to do, but otherwise its pretty clean.

Im getting a ball hang under the mini playfield and it needs trough switches and a shooter lane switch.

The ball hang is a bit mysterious! Ill have to remove the mini playfield to inspect it underneath.

It also says to open the coin door on boot up, if I do then it goes into self test and is ready to play.

Its kinda fun and a little odd at the same time lol.

There are only 2 buttons on the service menu plate. Are ther supposed to be 3? It has 3 holes in it.

Lots of questions, lots of exploration and fun!

#1623 1 year ago

I have a red round TAG switch.

I see thst some are square?

What is correct? maybe both? lol.

#1624 1 year ago

I personally think retro refurbs are great for cabinet decals and I have done a few different machines with them
The translites not so good though so going to Rdreynolds is certainly the way to go.
Here is his translite in my machine

29F0F3F2-9D92-45A4-BD55-500E101F3BF2 (resized).jpeg29F0F3F2-9D92-45A4-BD55-500E101F3BF2 (resized).jpeg
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I personally think retro refurbs are great for cabinet decals and I have done a few different machines with them
The translites not so good though so going to Rdreynolds is certainly the way to go.
Here is his translite in my machine[quoted image]

Beautiful. What cabinet decals do you have on this? I want to redo mine but can't decide between the prototype and the original

#1626 1 year ago

It also says to open the coin door on boot up, if I do then it goes into self test and is ready to play.

This appears to be dead batterries, or a fault in the memory protect circuit or chip.

There are only 2 buttons on the service menu plate. Are ther supposed to be 3? It has 3 holes in it.

This appears to ne correct.

#1627 1 year ago

I’ve gone prototype to match the prototype translite and did the cabinet all blue to match
Here are some of the pics, hope they help

1B73DA99-F820-4503-90F7-B66A46B1CF38 (resized).jpeg1B73DA99-F820-4503-90F7-B66A46B1CF38 (resized).jpeg1EE95770-66E9-4C7F-8B70-3CD5108ED153 (resized).jpeg1EE95770-66E9-4C7F-8B70-3CD5108ED153 (resized).jpeg356E9DF8-180B-4C60-8304-32F0792F42B5 (resized).jpeg356E9DF8-180B-4C60-8304-32F0792F42B5 (resized).jpeg379B1389-58AA-434E-877A-14E5C844CC6A (resized).jpeg379B1389-58AA-434E-877A-14E5C844CC6A (resized).jpeg41392BFA-95A0-492D-A8C3-496EF9A1C794 (resized).jpeg41392BFA-95A0-492D-A8C3-496EF9A1C794 (resized).jpeg4A6987C0-7127-483A-B102-9802D1BC6BE9 (resized).jpeg4A6987C0-7127-483A-B102-9802D1BC6BE9 (resized).jpeg975D7646-3C3C-47F0-97D9-FE97DE9DDC48 (resized).jpeg975D7646-3C3C-47F0-97D9-FE97DE9DDC48 (resized).jpeg9D934719-9AB7-4CA6-AF71-F90C8075BD4E (resized).jpeg9D934719-9AB7-4CA6-AF71-F90C8075BD4E (resized).jpegFB194719-AEFB-4BDF-8D36-7AD683D18B5A (resized).jpegFB194719-AEFB-4BDF-8D36-7AD683D18B5A (resized).jpeg
#1628 1 year ago

That’s pretty nice. Did you make that yourself based on the prototype pictures or is that the official art?

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

That’s pretty nice. Did you make that yourself based on the prototype pictures or is that the official art?

It’s the art package from retrorefurbs
Just bear in mind the artwork doesn’t line up perfect from front to sides (the red and white lines)

#1630 1 year ago

my machine is giving me some weird problems, is semi intermittent, but does this most of the time

it just keeps resetting sound, specificly "DATA EAST PRESENT WWF ROYAL RUMBLE!" that plays when you start a game, replays it throughout the entire time your playing. ive checked for loose wires but cant see anything. anyone have this problem or a hunch on where to be looking?

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It’s the art package from retrorefurbs
Just bear in mind the artwork doesn’t line up perfect from front to sides (the red and white lines)

looks awesome, drastic upgrade over the original!

2 weeks later
#1632 1 year ago

Anyone have any tips on calibrating roll over switches? The one in the right orbit (to light Crush/BBM/HBK) almost is never activated. In diagnostics it seems to work, but in actual gameplay it does not. I bought a new switch and replaced the original, but same issue. Do I want to bend the hoop down, or up?

#1633 1 year ago

Follow up to my previous thread - I am a dumbass haha. To hit that shot you need to hit that rollover and the one in the back of the orbit as well. I adjusted the back switch and now the shot works every time. I will still be replacing the back switch eventually since it gets hit on every ball launch. At least I learned how to take the upper playfield off to trouble shoot....(Replaced those lamps with LED's while I was in there). 2nd game after reassembly - new personal high score.I agree with everyone in this thread who wonders how this isn't a top 100 game.

2 weeks later
#1634 1 year ago

OH YEAH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

YEAH ! ! ! ! ! !

LOL, I love this game!

1 week later
#1635 1 year ago

delete, found the info i needed

5 months later
#1636 1 year ago

I installed a pinsound neo into my wwfrr everything seems right. Updated firmware, downloaded Zip drive…start download background music plays finishes download and then the voice says testing sound and then everything goes quiet…no sound. Anyone have this issue?

#1637 1 year ago

Hey all! Was wondering if someone would be able to help me out. Currently looking to pick WWFRR up to begin my collection. Seller sent me a ton of pictures and a video of the unit. Nothing really stuck out to me in what was sent (other than the back box battery being converted to a D cell), but admittedly I don’t know what I’m looking at. Was wondering if someone who is much smarter than I could look at the photos/video and see if anything sticks out to them that would be an area of concern before I fly out to look at it? Thanks!

#1638 1 year ago

Where are you flying to? I’d hold off…probably a scam.

#1639 1 year ago

Sent you a PM Veggie

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from DBoDimond:

I installed a pinsound neo into my wwfrr everything seems right. Updated firmware, downloaded Zip drive…start download background music plays finishes download and then the voice says testing sound and then everything goes quiet…no sound. Anyone have this issue?

DBoDimond wish this was a problem I could help with. Nice to see another Royal Rumble owner close by. I'm in Cranberry Twp.

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from DBoDimond:

Try resetting all of your ribbon cables. This happened to me once and that resolved it for me.

#1642 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback, figured out it was defaulting to min volume at the physical knob. Duh! JerseyJohnny you are right down the street! Hit me up if you wanna shoot some pins, just got a bond premium yesterday!

1 week later
#1643 1 year ago

Edit: figured it out! Disregard haha

#1645 1 year ago

Sorry for all the posts in here - still getting things figured out and came across a new one. I can’t get the Mr. Fuji Lite Extra Ball to work. I assume it’s a setting issue and I haven’t found the right one. I’ll get the Lite Extra Ball on the left column and hit the hole to activate the mode. The DMD lights up correctly instructing me to hit the left hole for an extra ball and Mr. Fuji will light up. I hit it and nothing happens. It’ll award 1 million points and spit the ball back out. The extra ball light on the front of the cabinet doesn’t light up and doesn’t give me the ball. I’ve checked my adjustments and Extra Balls are limited to 3 so this shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve tried changing difficulty settings, I’ve tried changing the tournament setting (tried “Home” and “None”) but every time, it’s the same thing. I’ve tested the “extra ball” button and it works perfectly. Anyone else run into this issue? That left hole works perfectly otherwise

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from DBoDimond:

Thanks for the feedback, figured out it was defaulting to min volume at the physical knob. Duh! JerseyJohnny you are right down the street! Hit me up if you wanna shoot some pins, just got a bond premium yesterday!

@DBoDiamond don't tempt me with a good time, hahah! The new Bond looks amazing.

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGreenVeggie:

Sorry for all the posts in here - still getting things figured out and came across a new one. I can’t get the Mr. Fuji Lite Extra Ball to work. I assume it’s a setting issue and I haven’t found the right one. I’ll get the Lite Extra Ball on the left column and hit the hole to activate the mode. The DMD lights up correctly instructing me to hit the left hole for an extra ball and Mr. Fuji will light up. I hit it and nothing happens. It’ll award 1 million points and spit the ball back out. The extra ball light on the front of the cabinet doesn’t light up and doesn’t give me the ball. I’ve checked my adjustments and Extra Balls are limited to 3 so this shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve tried changing difficulty settings, I’ve tried changing the tournament setting (tried “Home” and “None”) but every time, it’s the same thing. I’ve tested the “extra ball” button and it works perfectly. Anyone else run into this issue? That left hole works perfectly otherwise

Do you hear the Mr. Fuji audio clip say "Extra ball" when you hit the hole? The extra ball light on the cabinet isn't related to earning an extra ball during game play. The extra button is used if you want to extend a game by using a credit for an extra ball. Welcome to the club btw

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you hear the Mr. Fuji audio clip say "Extra ball" when you hit the hole? The extra ball light on the cabinet isn't related to earning an extra ball during game play. The extra button is used if you want to extend a game by using a credit for an extra ball. Welcome to the club btw

Yes I hear it! Figured it out - switch 39 wasn’t working so the ball was registering entering at switch 40 the center hole.

#1649 1 year ago

So I was lucky enough to aquire 2 WWF games and sold one of them to a friend of mine.
They both work fine - except for the shaker.
On one of the machines the shaker is weak/doesn't really work.

So we set to work - during a long process we have changed all transistors in the path to the shaker (both on the CPU and on the driver board).
All voltages have been measured within tolerance.
All wiring has been bypassed and/or replaced.
We have tried 3 different CPU boards, 2 different driver boards and 2 different power boards (all from working games).
The CPU and driver board have been tested in the other machine and work fine.
The shaker board has been gone over and solder points reflowed.
No change.

The shaker board and shaker have been tested in other machines and worked fine.
The shaker works fine if the negative lead is grounded while the positive lead is connected to the shaker board.
The shaker works fine if transistor on CPU or transistor on driver board is grounded.

Does anyone have any clue to what this might be?

#1650 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to manipulate the machine into giving you different pairings for the video wrestling mode? Discovered an issue with the ColorDMD where when the pairing is Michaels vs. Macho Man, the DMD is black and white. I want to try to test as many matchups as possible so I can forward as much info to the Color DMD people since I’m guessing this is a software issue that will require an update

Added 14 months ago:

EDIT: ok so this got figured out! I had no idea the wrestler you get is determined by which launch bonus you choose. The colorist could never figure out how to get Shawn Michaels to be the wrestler and it turns out he’s tied to the 10 Million bonus which can only be selected when the game is in IFPA mode. He’s going to color the screens associated with Michaels and do a DMD software update!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 1,702 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.