IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg
There are 1,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I still make them...
[quoted image]

And they are sweet! Satisfied customer here.

#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from swayzewaters:

OHHHHH YEAHHHH!
Just joined the club. Soon will tear down field and dress up etc. need some plastics and ALAS the left ramp (function but would love an upgrade)
Attached are pics of the specific broken plastics, if anyone has them, please reach out!
They are:
- lower left most playfield plastic
- undertaker plastic (woodgrain print) beneath coffin
- and are left ramps ever available? (I’ll keep looking)
Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the plastics you need but live in Australia
If you don’t mind paying a bit extra shipping, I can sell them to you

#1553 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Also interested in plastics!

Mine has some DIY plastics on the bottom end from what I’ve seen so far. Lane guides, slings and the outer ling ones near the out lanes and shooter lane. (Red/black)

Anyone point me in the right direction, if they’re available.(doubt it) or have a scan or could take a scan of their originals for me? I’d take a shot at vectorizing and having them cut

#1554 3 years ago

I have a bunch of original though used plastics if anyone needs them

#1555 3 years ago

I’d say about 70% of the time the ball coming out of the center scoop does not come out clean and fast to the left flipper. Sometimes it takes 2 tries to come out, sometimes it comes out and bangs off the left sling, etc. Is there a fix for this?

Could it be the way the ball is sitting in the switch and getting hung up? Everything is tight under playfield.

1 week later
#1556 3 years ago

Anyone have a bulb count? I have color bombed playfield GI I’m looking to replace

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’d say about 70% of the time the ball coming out of the center scoop does not come out clean and fast to the left flipper. Sometimes it takes 2 tries to come out, sometimes it comes out and bangs off the left sling, etc. Is there a fix for this?
Could it be the way the ball is sitting in the switch and getting hung up? Everything is tight under playfield.

I fixed this by replacing the plunger. Works 100% all the time now

#1558 3 years ago

Is anyone using Pinsound?

#1559 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is anyone using Pinsound?

I'm using pin sound with my own custom mix. I've posted a video of it in this thread.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm using pin sound with my own custom mix. I've posted a video of it in this thread.

I just sent you a message. I have a few folders that aren’t playing the music files. I am using the legacy mix found on Pinsound community and customizing it. Inputting high score music (should be Macho Man theme)and chair bashing mode (chair shot sound effects) is not working. I’m trying to figure out if one of the legacy folders has the incorrect name

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I just sent you a message. I have a few folders that aren’t playing the music files. I am using the legacy mix found on Pinsound community and customizing it. Inputting high score music (should be Macho Man theme)and chair bashing mode (chair shot sound effects) is not working. I’m trying to figure out if one of the legacy folders has the incorrect name

Just started working on a mix myself. There are a few folders that are confusing...
Here's what I've found based off the provided mix on the pinsound site if anyone else is trying to figure out where to find some of these songs...

Crush theme ~\music\3626560314-shooter_lane
Hacksaw theme ~\music\4123486732-main_play_3_multiball_lit_

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Just started working on a mix myself. There are a few folders that are confusing...
Here's what I've found based off the provided mix on the pinsound site if anyone else is trying to figure out where to find some of these songs...
Crush theme ~\music\3626560314-shooter_lane
Hacksaw theme ~\music\4123486732-main_play_3_multiball_lit_

Yes! Good post. I figured those out but it took me forever. There are also a number of Pandemonium folders. Some are truly for pandemonium, some are multi ball etc.

#1563 3 years ago

Anyone selling one within a few hours of chicago?

#1564 3 years ago

Hi Guys - a quick question about the Upper playfield - after a couple of months - I finally have a playing Royal Rumble OHHHH YEAHH..

How do people hit the kicker/eject on the upper playfield - my upper playfield flippers cant reach it?

I guess the better question is how are your upper playfield flippers adjusted?
Do you reference the small holes in the playfield as a guide?
Flipper height - unlike the lower playfield - the height adjustment is very vague - do you adjust to be just above scraping the playfield?

Any advise would be warmly received...

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Hi Guys - a quick question about the Upper playfield - after a couple of months - I finally have a playing Royal Rumble OHHHH YEAHH..
How do people hit the kicker/eject on the upper playfield - my upper playfield flippers cant reach it?
Flipper height - unlike the lower playfield - the height adjustment is very vague - do you adjust to be just above scraping the playfield?

I've owned this machine on three separate occasions. It has basically always been in my collection for the past 8 years in one way or another, two of the machines taht upper playfield saucer was impossible to hit, the other it went in all the time. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the differences or what caused it as all my flippers seemed aligned the same.

#1566 3 years ago

Seems like a lot of interest in Pinsound for this machine lately. I'll be working on V2 of my mix shortly. A few others here have collected some great callouts, and I'll be adding some stereo adjustments to some of the effects.

If anyone has any other suggestions or improvements, send them along. We can crowdsource this.

#1567 3 years ago

I'm torn guys. I have heard some of the pinsound mixes and you guys are truly talented. These mixes sound awesome.
However...
The sound of Data East games is just so nostalgic for me. I know the sound isn't good. But if you asked 10 year old me what pinball sounds like, it is good ole Data East.

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

The flippers should be pointed at the little holes. On the upper playfield, the right flipper will appear a bit low but if it’s pointed at the hole that is the correct angle. If you are still having trouble hitting the kickout try angling the flipper a bit lower

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I'm torn guys. I have heard some of the pinsound mixes and you guys are truly talented. These mixes sound awesome.
However...
The sound of Data East games is just so nostalgic for me. I know the sound isn't good. But if you asked 10 year old me what pinball sounds like, it is good ole Data East.

While I agree there is a certain level of nostalgia, the machine just comes alive with the high quality mixes. These are still the original tracks from the era, so although its not original to the machine it is very much authentic to the theme. These are exactly how I remember the wrestlers and their themes from the early 90s.

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

While I agree there is a certain level of nostalgia, the machine just comes alive with the high quality mixes. These are still the original tracks from the era, so although its not original to the machine it is very much authentic to the theme. These are exactly how I remember the wrestlers and their themes from the early 90s.

I agree with everything you are saying. I just love the original sound on its own merit.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Seems like a lot of interest in Pinsound for this machine lately. I'll be working on V2 of my mix shortly. A few others here have collected some great callouts, and I'll be adding some stereo adjustments to some of the effects.
If anyone has any other suggestions or improvements, send them along. We can crowdsource this.

Any good videos of these mixes out there?

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Any good videos of these mixes out there?

This is my mix:

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

However...

I feel the same way! I'd love to upgrade to Pinsound and Color DMDs, but I just can't change how the Original looks (besides the backglass) or sounds.

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've owned this machine on three separate occasions. It has basically always been in my collection for the past 8 years in one way or another, two of the machines taht upper playfield saucer was impossible to hit, the other it went in all the time. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the differences or what caused it as all my flippers seemed aligned the same.

Ah i see! Yeah watched a couple of you tubes - looks hard.. I might try lowering the right flipper a little - give me a bit more momentum..

#1575 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The flippers should be pointed at the little holes. On the upper playfield, the right flipper will appear a bit low but if it’s pointed at the hole that is the correct angle. If you are still having trouble hitting the kickout try angling the flipper a bit lower

Thanks Mattyk . Yeah i have em lined up . I will try angling it lower to see if i get more power..

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a bunch of original though used plastics if anyone needs them

Do you have the undertaker one? With the wood grain pattern? I need that and the one in the far lowest left hand corner that runs along the edge.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have the plastics you need but live in Australia
If you don’t mind paying a bit extra shipping, I can sell them to you

I’m interested DM me if you want to give me the details.

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from swayzewaters:

I’m interested DM me if you want to give me the details.

I had both those plastics but somebody bought all my Royal Rumble plastics sorry

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I had both those plastics but somebody bought all my Royal Rumble plastics sorry

Dang it. Should have stayed on top of the thread. Hopefully they’ll come up somewhere again. I think I saw the pics of your mod. Looks amazing.

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

This is my mix:

That sounds so good! Is it easy to make a pinsound?

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

This is my mix:

I want this SOOOOO bad. How? When?

1 month later
#1582 2 years ago

"Hey yo." Joined the club today after what was too long of a wait. Passing on one up in VT a few years ago haunted me until this day.

Now that I'm getting a feel for the game, a few quick questions.

1) What is starting the chair bashing mode?
2) Are modes stackable? Like if I chose 2x Banzai at start, started the Banzai mode, and then started MB, can the left ramp (esp. when the Jackpot) be worth tons?
3) What is the "3 Ball Pand." choice at plunge? Does this only apply to the Pandemonium mode? If so, does it just mean that you get an extra AAB when you get the next ball in, or maybe it starts at 3-Ball instead of having to climb to 2 and then 3? Or is this all something completely different to that mode?

It's a Rumble in the Jungle (resized).jpgIt's a Rumble in the Jungle (resized).jpg
#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

"Hey yo." Joined the club today after what was too long of a wait. Passing on one up in VT a few years ago haunted me until this day.
Now that I'm getting a feel for the game, a few quick questions.
1) What is starting the chair bashing mode?
2) Are modes stackable? Like if I chose 2x Banzai at start, started the Banzai mode, and then started MB, can the left ramp (esp. when the Jackpot) be worth tons?
3) What is the "3 Ball Pand." choice at plunge? Does this only apply to the Pandemonium mode? If so, does it just mean that you get an extra AAB when you get the next ball in, or maybe it starts at 3-Ball instead of having to climb to 2 and then 3? Or is this all something completely different to that mode? [quoted image]

1. Shoot ball up behind undertaker targets
2. Modes are stackable. Not sure if they are when starting multi ball though.
3. Yes pandemonium starts with 3 balls.

If you want to get rid of the auto multi ball on ball three, change to tournament settings. You will also only get the same three choices at plunge and some scoring is different on the upper playfield. But it’s such a better game and makes multi ball feel like the achievement it should be

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If you want to get rid of the auto multi ball on ball three, change to tournament settings. You will also only get the same three choices at plunge and some scoring is different on the upper playfield. But it’s such a better game and makes multi ball feel like the achievement it should be

Multiball kills any running modes.
I also prefer the randomness of the plunge options over the auto Multiball on ball 3. I generally get Multiball before ball 3 anyway

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

After what was around roughly a million plays this weekend, I ended up noticing that some of the plunge options were to enhance mode scoring (Belt Bonus increases Champ. Belt Round...etc.). I also came to an assumption that, as allsportdvd mentioned, modes seemed to be killed off in MB.

Shooting up behind the Taker DEAD targets may be the hardest shot in pinball. Never on purposes. Always hitting the top of the left sling or the D(ead) target. No in between.

1 month later
#1586 2 years ago

Anybody know or has tried to add magnets under playfield to a game? I know the early production games came with three magnets.
Wondering if the magnets are coded with the game already, could one just add these? Maybe someone with an early production game could share where magnets are hooked into etc.
I think it would be an interesting feature. Anybody have info?

#1587 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

Thought I’d share my latest creation for the WWF Royal Rumble machine and will be creating a market ad soon. Wanted the share here first.

-Inlane plastic protectors with “Rumble” cut above.

These are similar to the ones I make for Deadpool, AC/DC, Metallica, and Baywatch. Happy to add WWFRR to the growing list.

Note that these are shown with my custom inlane plastics and not the stock red/black ones. I do not have anymore of these custom printed plastics, but think that the yellow would look great with the stock ones.

Also, I can cut many colors, so if yellow isn’t your thing, feel free to reach out.

Thanks all!

0B572B3A-58CB-4F6D-A9A0-407163F20F03 (resized).jpeg0B572B3A-58CB-4F6D-A9A0-407163F20F03 (resized).jpeg935F9444-6206-4EB8-89EB-2DB83B0C74FC (resized).jpeg935F9444-6206-4EB8-89EB-2DB83B0C74FC (resized).jpeg6E39C992-F029-42E7-AF86-34DA23D6A97C (resized).jpeg6E39C992-F029-42E7-AF86-34DA23D6A97C (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1588 2 years ago

Anyone have a Pin2dmd installed know if there’s a link for the real pin files?

Msged cb3 on vpuniverse as directed in his info on the download section but haven’t heard back from him.

Have a display arriving in the next few days, would like to get my ducks in a row for when it shows up.

Thanks

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Anyone have a Pin2dmd installed know if there’s a link for the real pin files?
Msged cb3 on vpuniverse as directed in his info on the download section but haven’t heard back from him.
Have a display arriving in the next few days, would like to get my ducks in a row for when it shows up.
Thanks

Hi There- greatids think alike - I Paid CB3 the donation on Wednesday - also heard nothing.

If anybody has the files - I can show you the PayPal transaction to prove I paid CB3?
Screen is installed - I just need the file...

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

Hi There- greatids think alike - I Paid CB3 the donation on Wednesday - also heard nothing.
If anybody has the files - I can show you the PayPal transaction to prove I paid CB3?
Screen is installed - I just need the file...

Or does anybody have an email address? His Domation on Paypal has no details or.email.

#1591 2 years ago

Just checked, he hasn't been on VPUniverse since September 1.

Checking the list of games with colorizations available this is listed for his WWF release

"WWF Royal Rumble - WIP - Author: @cb3 - Vpin Download - (Real Pin Contact Author) - Adjustments & Diagnostics are blacked out, removal of SD required - Please be advised Issues/delays with donations & contact"

I'm sure he'll get back to us when he can.

#1592 2 years ago

If anyone knows somebody that wants a nice WWFRR I’m selling mine. Ad is in the marketplace

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Just checked, he hasn't been on VPUniverse since September 1.
Checking the list of games with colorizations available this is listed for his WWF release
"WWF Royal Rumble - WIP - Author: @cb3 - Vpin Download - (Real Pin Contact Author) - Adjustments & Diagnostics are blacked out, removal of SD required - Please be advised Issues/delays with donations & contact"
I'm sure he'll get back to us when he can.

He got back to me today - it was only 3 days.. bit you know what it's like when you have a new shiny toy...
The Pim2dmd looks awesome in colour.

#1594 2 years ago

So… an update. I have 2 data east games. A royal rumble and a maverick. Both work great and both just got a rebuild… Maverick now has an arduino motor to remove the really noisy motor and gearbox for the paddle Wheel.

Both got new power boards. Both instantly developed the dreaded hum from the speakers. For me unbearable…

I tried some of the fixes out there - and I know for the purists a sin. But I installed separate power supplies for the sound card in both today.
I now have 2 silent data east machines. Zero hum.
Unless you are a purist or somebody who can’t do it - I strongly recommend adding a separate power supply for the sound card. Night and day difference..

1 month later
#1595 2 years ago

My right upper playfield flipper is not working. I have replaced the coil, checked the connection on the flipper button switch and attempted checking the connections on the SS flipper board. Any other ideas? Lower flipper works perfect.

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

My right upper playfield flipper is not working. I have replaced the coil, checked the connection on the flipper button switch and attempted checking the connections on the SS flipper board. Any other ideas? Lower flipper works perfect.

Have you checked it with a multimeter? I’d start at the coil and work my way back.

#1597 2 years ago

Does anyone sell custom slingshot plastics?
The original are so boring and generic!

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey everyone,
Thought I’d share my latest creation for the WWF Royal Rumble machine and will be creating a market ad soon. Wanted the share here first.
-Inlane plastic protectors with “Rumble” cut above.
These are similar to the ones I make for Deadpool, AC/DC, Metallica, and Baywatch. Happy to add WWFRR to the growing list.
Note that these are shown with my custom inlane plastics and not the stock red/black ones. I do not have anymore of these custom printed plastics, but think that the yellow would look great with the stock ones.
Also, I can cut many colors, so if yellow isn’t your thing, feel free to reach out.
Thanks all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DM me color options and price please.

#1599 2 years ago

Thanks for the earlier help,@maffewl. I’ve isolated my issue to be none of the coils numbered one through eight that route to the CPU board are working. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

Thanks for the earlier help,maffewl. I’ve isolated my issue to be none of the coils numbered one through eight that route to the CPU board are working. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

Sorry I don’t know the coil numbers off the top of my head to know what you tested. Did you test to see if voltage was getting to the coil that isn’t working? Assuming it isn’t, I’d test continuity from the coil to the board. Then I’d test the board if it is producing voltage at the pins. Then keep backing up from there to the transistors, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 1,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/32?hl=majicman110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.