IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg
There are 1,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 35.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

So just gave it the once over and an initial light clean. Need to strip and spit and polish because, well, that's what I do with all new to me machines.
I did notice however, a lot of connectors not plugged in.
Can anyone confirm this is normal?? Never seen so many not in use before?!?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That last picture looks like a 120 VAC that comes off of the power switch. It powers up when game is on. I actually just cut that connector off and wired it to a plug for my lcd mod I just purchased. Video coming

#1502 3 years ago

Titantron LCD mod from Random Pinball

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1503 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone finds it somewhat easy to:

1. Shoot the left scoop with a backhand off the left flipper

2. Shoot the right scoop with a shot off the right flipper

3. Get back in the ring

I never make these shots unless it’s an accident.

1 week later
#1504 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm the rubbers needed in this game??

Looking in the manual.... "B" 545-5151-00 shows in the description needing 10. However, when you count all the "B" locations on the layout, it comes to 13!!

What in hell??!

#1505 3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2021.

Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-

Thank you!

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Hey guys!! Just joined the club!
Wondering if anyone can give me an idea where to find the original speaker grills. Mine is missing one of the WWF painted logos.
Also, gonna change the rubbers.....white or black?!
[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat! Bought mine a year and a half ago, I need at least 1 speaker grill. I've searched high and low and can't find any.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJohnny:

I'm in the same boat! Bought mine a year and a half ago, I need at least 1 speaker grill. I've searched high and low and can't find any.

Wish I could help you guys but I never see them anywhere. If I ever do, I'll grab it (them) and let you know.

#1508 3 years ago

The least I could do is buy yours and send my plain one to you.....that way we both have a matching set!

#1509 3 years ago

Just got mine... Huge wrestling fan so I have been wanting one for a while. Everything is near perfect and plays great. Except the left ramp has been repaired and does not fit properly. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from Springdk:

Just got mine... Huge wrestling fan so I have been wanting one for a while. Everything is near perfect and plays great. Except the left ramp has been repaired and does not fit properly. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

Check with pinsider FREEPLAY40. He remade these a while ago and they are awesome.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

The least I could do is buy yours and send my plain one to you.....that way we both have a matching set!

Hahahah wish it was that easy! I'm tempted to try to paint the wwf logo on my own missing it.

20201202_133654 (resized).jpg20201202_133654 (resized).jpg
#1512 3 years ago

Hahahah wish it was that easy! I'm tempted to try to paint the wwf logo on my own missing it.
[quoted image]

I could maybe create a sticker template to be able to paint it yourself if it seems like something people could use?

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I could maybe create a sticker template to be able to paint it yourself if it seems like something people could use?

I would be interested for sure.

#1514 3 years ago

My slingshots and pop bumpers stopped working. The switches are fine because it makes the sound but the coils won't fire. Probably a fuse? I tested the one at F5 and it was fine so not sure what to do next.

4 weeks later
#1515 3 years ago

Just installed all LED's and wow it's so much nicer! Two things.

1. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but removing that upper playfield is the pits. Could the designers make that any more difficult?
2. The photo I attached in this post is of course the underneath of the playfield. Wondering if anyone knows the story or purpose of the three routed out circles.

IMG_2145 (resized).jpgIMG_2145 (resized).jpg
#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from nealk77:

Just installed all LED's and wow it's so much nicer! Two things.
1. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but removing that upper playfield is the pits. Could the designers make that any more difficult?
2. The photo I attached in this post is of course the underneath of the playfield. Wondering if anyone knows the story or purpose of the three routed out circles.
[quoted image]

The game was initially designed to put magnets there, im not sure if it was cost savings or the design was just flawed but it was scrapped i guess after the playfields were all pre ordered/built.

#1517 3 years ago

Tech question for my fellow WWFRR owners:

On the upper playfield, my drop targets have started acting funky. I'll hit one or two, and then the whole batch will reset (even though I didn't knock them all down). The bell will start ringing like crazy and the playfield lights will start going bananas like i'm going into multiball or something. Game still plays, it just seems like it is registering things that aren't happening. And it all seems to start with the upper drop targets. Once I depart the upper playfield it seems to go back to normal in a few seconds. Any ideas? I can try and get a video later if that helps. Thanks!

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from YoJoeNCSU:

Tech question for my fellow WWFRR owners:
On the upper playfield, my drop targets have started acting funky. I'll hit one or two, and then the whole batch will reset (even though I didn't knock them all down). The bell will start ringing like crazy and the playfield lights will start going bananas like i'm going into multiball or something. Game still plays, it just seems like it is registering things that aren't happening. And it all seems to start with the upper drop targets. Once I depart the upper playfield it seems to go back to normal in a few seconds. Any ideas? I can try and get a video later if that helps. Thanks!

Try reseating relevant connectors under playfield if they are molex. Does it happen during normal play or when in a certain mode

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Try reseating relevant connectors under playfield if they are molex. Does it happen during normal play or when in a certain mode

Thanks - I'll double check the connections in a few. It happens during normal play and during modes...pretty much anytime the upper drop targets are in play. I made a short video - you can see it happening a couple times (it doesn't always do it) in this video.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from YoJoeNCSU:

Thanks - I'll double check the connections in a few. It happens during normal play and during modes...pretty much anytime the upper drop targets are in play. I made a short video - you can see it happening a couple times (it doesn't always do it) in this video.

We’re you working on anything under the playfield before this happened, or did it just start doing it?

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from YoJoeNCSU:

Have you done a switch test to see if anything else is triggering other than just the drop targets?

#1522 3 years ago

Thats the sound byte from shooting the captive ball? Are they on the same row/column?

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

We’re you working on anything under the playfield before this happened, or did it just start doing it?

No, it just started doing it a few weeks ago. Took a me a while to realize it was something wrong happening and I wasn't just killing it on the targets.

Quoted from maffewl:

Have you done a switch test to see if anything else is triggering other than just the drop targets?

I haven't...thats a good idea. Never really done that before but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Quoted from yellowghost:

Thats the sound byte from shooting the captive ball? Are they on the same row/column?

No idea! Other than some routine maintenance and replacing some things that are physically broken (plastics, posts, rubber bands) I haven't had to do much work on pinballs so far.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

#1524 3 years ago

Anyone using Pinsound? I think it’s great. I noticed that some legacy sound files do not work. Including several sfx files but not sure is they were just never used in the game. I do t recognize many missing sounds except for a couple.

I do know that the chair bash sound when you go up the left side behind the undertaker targets does not seem to play when I hit the tag button. Anyone know which folder this sound should be in? I assume it would be in sfx but not sure where

2 weeks later
#1525 3 years ago

My issue with the upper playfield seems to be resolved! When looking at wiring I noticed the light above captive ball had come disconnected on one side. I don't know how its related, but after plugging it back in I don't have issue with the drop targets anymore.

After playing a few days, have another issue that just happened mid-game. I had just entered one of the modes (maybe video wrestling??) and then the flippers just stopped working and ball drained. Flippers don't work at all, but when you press the right one it rings the bell, lights go off, and it awards 100K points. TAG button to launch a ball doesn't work either, just rings bell/makes light flash. Any ideas? Here is a crappy video trying to show what is going on:

1 week later
#1526 3 years ago

Anyone using Pinsound that could help me find where a few legacy sound files are located? I’m looking for the location of the chair shots sound when you hit the ball up behind the undertaker targets, the Macho man theme when you enter a high score, and the sounds it makes when you open the coin door during attract mode

3 weeks later
#1527 3 years ago

Of all the info found on pinside, there is literally only 3 posts telling us how to get rid of the automatic multi ball on ball 3. And the posts are not easy to find.

Just go into adjustments settings and choose “expand settings.” I think it’s option #12. Find where it asks about tournament play. Switch it from “none” to “IFPA.” Now auto multi ball on ball 3 is disabled.

After you make this change you will only get the same 3 choices for skill shot, and extra ball is turned off.

After switching to IFPA, turn extra balls to anything more than zero, turn the game back to free play, and enable high scores and the pin is immensely better. Now you get faster ball/game times and multi ball feels more like an achievement.

Do this now. It’s like a whole new game.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

That looks awesome!!!
Am tempted...

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Of all the info found on pinside, there is literally only 3 posts telling us how to get rid of the automatic multi ball on ball 3. And the posts are not easy to find.
Just go into adjustments settings and choose “expand settings.” I think it’s option #12. Find where it asks about tournament play. Switch it from “none” to “IFPA.” Now auto multi ball on ball 3 is disabled.
After you make this change you will only get the same 3 choices for skill shot, and extra ball is turned off.
After switching to IFPA, turn extra balls to anything more than zero, turn the game back to free play, and enable high scores and the pin is immensely better. Now you get faster ball/game times and multi ball feels more like an achievement.
Do this now. It’s like a whole new game.

Good tip...I do think multiball is pretty easy to achieve though. Those 3 shots aren't that difficult.

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Good tip...I do think multiball is pretty easy to achieve though. Those 3 shots aren't that difficult.

No doubt. It just changes the strategy up and you won’t see multi ball as often. NOW if someone could update the code to include a normal ball saver, and maybe start either the tag team champions or pandemonium modes as a 2-ball that would be cool. Maybe make the light macho rollover in the left in-lane actually do something. Score more points when “getting back in the ring.” There’s a few things that need tweaking.

#1531 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

No doubt. It just changes the strategy up and you won’t see multi ball as often. NOW if someone could update the code to include a normal ball saver, and maybe start either the tag team champions or pandemonium modes as a 2-ball that would be cool. Maybe make the light macho rollover in the left in-lane actually do something. Score more points when “getting back in the ring.” There’s a few things that need tweaking.

Chad did a great job with the Baywatch and LW3 codes, he’s the data east master. Maybe someone hit him up to do this game?

#1532 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Color DMD, art blades, pin stadiums Oooooh yeeeah!

PXL_20210220_204842874 (resized).jpgPXL_20210220_204842874 (resized).jpg
#1533 3 years ago

Sad day, I left the club after 7 years yesterday. I've owned 35+ different games in that time and none have lasted close to as long as WWFRR has, just shows what a great game this is!

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

HUH?? You've gone to far....haha. You want to make the game harder by removing how easy it is to get mball......but also easier and add a ball saver??

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

HUH?? You've gone to far....haha. You want to make the game harder by removing how easy it is to get mball......but also easier and add a ball saver??

Well there is already a ball saver. You just don’t know when it’s on and off. Could be switch driven or time driven. Who knows? I’d like to see the Wrestle Again light be on while the ball saver is on. You know, like on every other brand?

#1536 3 years ago

My Royal rumble is dead!

I have been having power issues with 5v and a garbled screen, several burned molex connectors on the power board
I tried a pindora replacement power board - it booted the machine but the screen was garbled - I thought a 5v issue.

I repaired the old power board and put it back l - I now have 5v constant. but the machine is dead.
When I boot, and look at the CPU board, the Blank and +5V lights turn on and stay on - the PIA light never turns on..
Is this indicative of a rom issue or a power issue?
I tried an old rom - still dead.

I just tried booting with the CPU board disconnected from the power board - display lights up with version number etc..

anybody got a clue?

1 week later
#1537 3 years ago

Ok - Power problems fixed.
I have another question - my Rumble arrived with a Tag button installed like a normal start button - flat against the cabinet.

Looks like an innovative repair job...

I have bought the Tag button holder . It looks like it is attached to the cabinet with brackets? (I don't have them...)

Can anybody make a photo or show me how the plastic tab button holder is attached?
525FAFEE-84CE-4532-8918-6CE1019FA8FA (resized).jpeg525FAFEE-84CE-4532-8918-6CE1019FA8FA (resized).jpeg74BEF9AC-83F5-4A19-8B16-23A066F1CC71 (resized).jpeg74BEF9AC-83F5-4A19-8B16-23A066F1CC71 (resized).jpeg

#1538 3 years ago

Button help for you. Let me know if that's enough/ok

158730269_1075447839616103_3078973171954232245_n (resized).jpg158730269_1075447839616103_3078973171954232245_n (resized).jpg158797620_1483743405350579_3569580210169336859_n (resized).jpg158797620_1483743405350579_3569580210169336859_n (resized).jpg158930032_435571007528009_2569506960370119341_n (resized).jpg158930032_435571007528009_2569506960370119341_n (resized).jpg158672777_478683876497327_922322170674051881_n (resized).jpg158672777_478683876497327_922322170674051881_n (resized).jpg
#1539 3 years ago

Have a couple questions.

My VUK still spits out at an alarming rate sometimes and jumps my flippers.

I've changed to the correct coil. Do I go down further? Or do I bend the scoop slightly. Anyone shed some light on this.

Also, sometimes modes will start without hitting the scoops. Specifically from the ramp shot. Is this normal? Is there a rollover or insert I'm missing that can start a mode with hitting the scoops?

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Button help for you. Let me know if that's enough/ok
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's perfect thank you!

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Where did you get this? I emailed him through the random pinball site a few days ago and haven't heard back. Doesn't look like you can order thru his site

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Where did you get this? I emailed him through the random pinball site a few days ago and haven't heard back. Doesn't look like you can order thru his site

Try messaging him through pinside. He is Toyotaboy. It may take him a few days to get back to you

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Have a couple questions.
My VUK still spits out at an alarming rate sometimes and jumps my flippers.
I've changed to the correct coil. Do I go down further? Or do I bend the scoop slightly. Anyone shed some light on this.
Also, sometimes modes will start without hitting the scoops. Specifically from the ramp shot. Is this normal? Is there a rollover or insert I'm missing that can start a mode with hitting the scoops?

You can start a mode by repeatedly shooting the Center ramp. Once the word macho is spelt it starts a mode

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You can start a mode by repeatedly shooting the Center ramp. Once the word macho is spelt it starts a mode

Cool. What about the other 2 ramps? Being that, I think, Macho is the top pf'd mode, would that upper kick out to the top pd'f also start a mode?

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Cool. What about the other 2 ramps? Being that, I think, Macho is the top pf'd mode, would that upper kick out to the top pd'f also start a mode?

I’m pretty sure whatever scores a letter will start a mode when you get the O. Think the “hole” on the upper playfield spots a letter, as does each ramp after you collect the wrestler shots in single ball play.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m pretty sure whatever scores a letter will start a mode when you get the O. Think the “hole” on the upper playfield spots a letter, as does each ramp after you collect the wrestler shots in single ball play.

Ok, awesome info thank you!

Based on that I would say what is happening in game is standard then.

Just so I'm understanding correctly:

Ramps and upper VUK WILL start a mode based on the spelling of MACHO...once I get to O, a mode will start.

Cool! Thanks guys!

1 week later
#1547 3 years ago

Got over 2 billion for the first time. Was playing as player 1. Then the game froze during player 2's extra ball buy in countdown so I didn't even get to put in my initials.

This is my first data east. Is game freezing common? Happens about every 50 or 60 games to mine.

Also does anyone with the color dmd have an issue with the rendering for the extra ball buy in? All of the other animations look great except this one.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Got over 2 billion for the first time. Was playing as player 1. Then the game froze during player 2's extra ball buy in countdown so I didn't even get to put in my initials.
This is my first data east. Is game freezing common? Happens about every 50 or 60 games to mine.
Also does anyone with the color dmd have an issue with the rendering for the extra ball buy in? All of the other animations look great except this one.

I have a color dmd but never use the extra ball buy in. Mine does freeze up every once in a while. Only the screen, not the game. I think it’s the 5V connection to the dmd display controller. Usually I just reseat the connection and it goes back to working normal. I’ve even done it during a game. I tried reflowing the solder at the header pins but it still does it every once in a while

#1549 3 years ago

OHHHHH YEAHHHH!

Just joined the club. Soon will tear down field and dress up etc. need some plastics and ALAS the left ramp (function but would love an upgrade)

Attached are pics of the specific broken plastics, if anyone has them, please reach out!

They are:

- lower left most playfield plastic
- undertaker plastic (woodgrain print) beneath coffin
- and are left ramps ever available? (I’ll keep looking)

Thank you!

35BB893F-CF42-440E-A1C7-965C116A62BA (resized).jpeg35BB893F-CF42-440E-A1C7-965C116A62BA (resized).jpeg8EF62718-B0C3-451A-B72E-EF60A6697277 (resized).jpeg8EF62718-B0C3-451A-B72E-EF60A6697277 (resized).jpeg9EAAAB66-BF08-4CD6-9E8E-A914597EF6E0 (resized).jpeg9EAAAB66-BF08-4CD6-9E8E-A914597EF6E0 (resized).jpeg
#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from swayzewaters:

and are left ramps ever available? (I’ll keep looking)

I still make them...

Ramp with lid installed (resized).JPGRamp with lid installed (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/31?hl=nealk77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.