Topic Stats

• 1,353 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 360 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4597 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4596 (resized).JPEG
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG
IMG_4546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4503 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4499 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4498 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4493 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4492 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4490 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4479 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4470 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4466 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4467 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4379 (resized).jpeg

There are 1353 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I purchased a rough (by my standards) WWFRR a few months ago, and haven't had chance to go through it yet. I'm now starting to think that I want to do a custom re-theme. Not change the theme, but maybe sand the playfield down, and do a new custom overlay. I have a spare NOS playfield, so if I don't like it, I can always change back. I'd also like to change the cabinet art/translite while I'm at it. If I follow through with this idea, it may end up being a money pit, but this is a dream theme of mine as I was a kid growing up in the late 80s and early 90s who loved WWF. Still contemplating, any thoughts...

Yeah I love the original but would still enjoy seeing something new.

#1052 2 years ago

Very interesting indeed....if you could turn the hulkster into the warrior on the back box I'd be interested in a decal

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Dragon36:

Very interesting indeed....if you could turn the hulkster into the warrior on the back box I'd be interested in a decal

Funny you should mention this as it would be a top priority.

#1054 2 years ago

Brace Yourselves (resized).jpg

#1055 2 years ago

Home safe and sound. Gotta wait until tomorrow to set her up!

image (resized).jpeg

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Home safe and sound. Gotta wait until tomorrow to set her up!

The wait. Definitely the worst part of this hobby!

Congrats on picking one up. Great game!

#1057 2 years ago

Thanks! I've never played one before but have always wanted to add one to my collection. So can't wait for tomorrow to get here. In the interim, it's time to watch "Get Out"!

#1058 2 years ago

How many club members have a Pinsound board installed? Just want to firm up a few things before I make the plunge since it is a steep investment.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

How many club members have a Pinsound board installed? Just want to firm up a few things before I make the plunge since it is a steep investment.

I have a Pinsound in my Star Wars, but not in my RR. It's amazing. Makes a huge difference. Installation took longer than expected, but once it's in and you've downloaded the new sound files, it's great.

#1060 2 years ago

I heard that DE games need an additional power supply. Is this true?

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I heard that DE games need an additional power supply. Is this true?

I've heard that as well. I also have a Color DMD in my Star Wars and have had zero issues with power. Hopefully this helps!

#1062 2 years ago

Finally up and running!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#1063 2 years ago

OH YEAAAAH!!. . . UHHH. congrats! One day I will join the club, I just have to figure which game to give the boot too.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Finally up and running!

Congrats!

Quick question for you guys, does the rumble (start game) button constantly flash while the machine is on? I would think once a game has started it would go solid or dim but mine just flashes the whole time.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Finally up and running!

Congrats, and great collection! Love the variety of eras.

3 weeks later
#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Congrats, and great collection! Love the variety of eras.

Thanks! By the way spiffyrob did you see the thread where I'm hosting a pinball tournament in Delaware sometime in September/October? If not, details are here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/delawares-first-annual-state-pinball-tournament#post-3822488

#1067 2 years ago

Finally back in the club!

#1068 2 years ago

Nice welcome back! Nice collection btw

1 week later
#1069 2 years ago

I have stripped and cleaned my RR and when putting back together, this plastic does not have a home.

Anyone know where he goes?

FullSizeRender (41) (resized).jpg

#1070 2 years ago

I also now have a problem that the VUK doesn't recognise the ball until ball search and on testing, the VUK works but keeps popping out the plastic shaft onto the playfield!

Any help?

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have stripped and cleaned my RR and when putting back together, this plastic does not have a home.
Anyone know where he goes?

It's not the best pic but it goes under the center ramp. And your VUK sounds like the switch needs to be adjusted/replaced. Use the switch test to see if it's being recognized.

IMG_5862 (resized).JPG

#1072 2 years ago

Excellent, thanks!

VUK problem fixed too

1 month later
#1073 2 years ago

My game have some issue with the flippers. Sometimes when the ball drops on one it "ghost flips" and sends the ball away when I have the flipper up. And sometimes the flipper just drops when the balls hits it. What is causing this? I checked the end of stroke switches but couldn't exactly see anything.

Here are pics of the left and right flippers. I only noticed that the left switch had an extra metal bracket or something that wasn't present on the right one.

Could it be that those rubber things are a bit worn?

IMG_1843 (resized).JPG

IMG_1845 (resized).JPG

IMG_1844 (resized).JPG

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

My game have some issue with the flippers. Sometimes when the ball drops on one it "ghost flips" and sends the ball away when I have the flipper up. And sometimes the flipper just drops when the balls hits it. What is causing this? I checked the end of stroke switches but couldn't exactly see anything.
Here are pics of the left and right flippers. I only noticed that the left switch had an extra metal bracket or something that wasn't present on the right one.
Could it be that those rubber things are a bit worn?

I am not an expert at all, but make sure that the EOS are closed solid and just opens at the end of stroke. DE EOS are "normally closed" in opposite to Bally/Williams which is "normally open" other than that you might have bad hold voltage (should be around 9v), could be bad conections, bad ground, bad fuse holder, bad flipper board.

Other people may have more detailed suggestions. But there's my bet.

good luck hunting your issues down
/mima

#1075 2 years ago

Your flipper linkage is probably slightly worn, I just had the exact same thing on mine. Flipper rebuilds and you should be solid.

#1076 2 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. It looks like those two rubber/plastic things on the links are a bit worn which I assume now has shorter travel.

What a strange design compared to bally /williams

#1077 2 years ago

Is there supposed to be a bracket holding up the center metal ramp at the back? This one is drooping, squashing the clear plastic and causes slow balls to get stuck occasionally.

Ive gotten everything else working 100% (rebuilt flippers etc) but this has me concerned.

I'm guessing I could bend the metal wire ramp to help support it but don't really like that idea.

IMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Is there supposed to be a bracket holding up the center metal ramp at the back? This one is drooping, squashing the clear plastic and causes slow balls to get stuck occasionally.
Ive gotten everything else working 100% (rebuil flippers etc) but this has me concerned.
I'm guessing I could bend the metal wire ramp to help support it but don't really like that idea.

Ya looks like you are missing a few pieces. Sorry for the crappy pics but maybe this will help.

20170821_143502 (resized).jpg

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Ya looks like you are missing a few pieces. Sorry for the crappy pics but maybe this will help.

Ok, that explains part of it. Those standoffs are holding up a airball shield so that would fix the airballs. If you get a chance can you take a pic from the other side and see if there is anything actually holding up the metal ramp?

I'll start looking for the clear plastic. maybe pinbits has it.

#1080 2 years ago

Ok, that explains part of it. Those standoffs are holding up a airball shield so that would fix the airballs. If you get a chance can you take a pic from the other side and see if there is anything actually holding up the metal ramp?

I do believe that airball plastic protector is impossible to come by.

#1081 2 years ago

Not the best but it looks like there is something under there. Sorry my game is against the wall so I couldn't get a great angle.

20170821_150623 (resized).jpg

#1082 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll work on making an airball protector (shouldn't be to hard) and then see how that goes. It may be I just need to bend both ramps slightly after years of being used.

1 week later
#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I do believe that airball plastic protector is impossible to come by.

I can look into making these. I'll need to check my machine to see if I have it so that I can use as a guide. For reference, I make a custom airball protector for Pirates of the Caribbean (link below) so I can have them made at the same time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal

Let me know if you need one of these (for wwfrr) so I can gain if there is enough interest.

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I can look into making these. I'll need to check my machine to see if I have it so that I can use as a guide. For reference, I make a custom airball protector for Pirates of the Caribbean (link below) so I can have them made at the same time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maffewls-potc-airball-deflector-for-sneezeguard-removal
Let me know if you need one of these (for wwfrr) so I can gain if there is enough interest.

I'd be in for one, I was going to try designing it and cutting it by hand this weekend. i don't have an original to trace but anything would be helpful at this point.

#1085 2 years ago

Just to confirm, this is the piece you are needing, not the one to the left of it, correct?

IMG_9253 (resized).JPG

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Just to confirm, this is the piece you are needing, not the one to the left of it, correct?

Yes that is it. I'm guessing the original was broken up and just removed.

#1087 2 years ago

How does one turn off that annoying automatic third ball multiball? I'm reading through the manual but cant find the setting. Is it through tournament mode setting only?

#1088 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

How does one turn off that annoying automatic third ball multiball? I'm reading through the manual but cant find the setting. Is it through tournament mode setting only?

I honestly didn't think you could

#1089 2 years ago

You are able too, somewhere. I went to a local pinball hangout with freeplay machines and theirs did not have the MB ready on the third ball. It was really refreshing.

#1090 2 years ago

Question, can you guys make the right scoop shot from the right flipper?

I've been having issues with the right scoop; I have tried bending the metal backing of the scoop downward a bit, which has helped a lot with shots from the left flipper. I seem to recall being able to make that scoop from the right flipper, but can't any more.

Can you guys hit that shot? Or was I just imagining it?

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Question, can you guys make the right scoop shot from the right flipper?
I've been having issues with the right scoop; I have tried bending the metal backing of the scoop downward a bit, which has helped a lot with shots from the left flipper. I seem to recall being able to make that scoop from the right flipper, but can't any more.
Can you guys hit that shot? Or was I just imagining it?

I have hit it but I thinks it's unintentional.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have hit it but I thinks it's unintentional.

K, that's what I thought, was just wondering...Thx for the input.

#1093 2 years ago

Not sure if this was answered, but I don't recall...

What does Shawn Michaels say when you activate his mode? It sounds like, "I'm humble!" which... What?

Also, does the game sometime not play music before firing into play the first ball? Mine likes to be silent until you fire the first ball, and then everything works right. It just seems odd.

Why does Lex flash on the back box any time Macho Man is talking? Is that a left over from the old translite, which I have but haven't yet installed?

I'm glad mine is set back up

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Not sure if this was answered, but I don't recall...
What does Shawn Michaels say when you activate his mode? It sounds like, "I'm humble!" which... What?
Also, does the game sometime not play music before firing into play the first ball? Mine likes to be silent until you fire the first ball, and then everything works right. It just seems odd.
Why does Lex flash on the back box any time Macho Man is talking? Is that a left over from the old translite, which I have but haven't yet installed?
I'm glad mine is set back up

"It's time to RUMBLE!" -Shawn Michaels (Also appears in attract mode sometimes with those words animated on the DMD.)

There is a music loop that plays before you hit the TAG button to select a bonus and plunge. I've replaced mine with the PinSound board and have a custom mix with Mean Gene Okerlund explaining the rules of the Royal Rumble (from a classic Rumble Report).

Not sure about the back box flashers. I never paid close attention to the pattern. But Lex is not on the prototype translite, so I don't think that's it. Could simply be a random pattern on not supposed to represent anything.

1 week later
#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I set mine up for league last week and put it on IFPA for tournament style. Happy to report that you now have to earn the multiball. Pretty cool....

#1096 2 years ago

I need the lower roll under gate (looks like a 'W') for the main ramp. Anyone parting a game and have one fs?

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

I set mine up for league last week and put it on IFPA for tournament style. Happy to report that you now have to earn the multiball. Pretty cool....

Excellent! Thank you!

#1098 2 years ago

Awesome, going to change mine over to get rid of the third ball multiball. Thanks

1 week later
#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

Awesome I’ll have to try this! I hate the pity multiball

#1100 2 years ago

I changed mine to IFPA and confirmed it worked! Thanks for informing everyone about this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Seekonk, MA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
There are 1353 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside