IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg
There are 1,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.
#951 7 years ago

I have one for sale in Rochester NY. $2200. With NOS translite

IMG_1001 (resized).JPGIMG_1001 (resized).JPG

IMG_1002 (resized).JPGIMG_1002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG

IMG_0981 (resized).JPGIMG_0981 (resized).JPG

IMG_0982 (resized).JPGIMG_0982 (resized).JPG

IMG_0983 (resized).JPGIMG_0983 (resized).JPG

IMG_0984 (resized).JPGIMG_0984 (resized).JPG

#952 7 years ago

I would be keeping the prototype translite

1 week later
#953 7 years ago

Does anyone know what black paint matches the cabinet the best, rattle can or brush?

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Does anyone know what black paint matches the cabinet the best, rattle can or brush?

I used a brush and I brought a paint chip off the cabinet and color matched it at Home Depot. When I get home Sunday I'll get you the paint code. If I forget pm me Monday.

#955 7 years ago

Has anyone ever replaced the Mylar on the upper playfield or where to buy it?

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Here's the paint code

IMG_8770 (resized).JPGIMG_8770 (resized).JPG

#957 7 years ago

Thanks, did it match pretty good?

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Thanks, did it match pretty good?

Yes it did. I used a paint chip from underneath the back box so it's the true color. If the spot you are touching up is a little sun faded you might notice it more.

#959 7 years ago

Do you know what color of primer I should use over bondo before I touch up with the paint?

#960 7 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Do you know what color of primer I should use over bondo before I touch up with the paint?

That I do not know. I was just doing some touch ups and didn't even use a primer

#961 7 years ago

I would never use any ol Behr paint for a touchable item like the cabinet. I recommend an enamel-based finish like from Sherwin Williams. Cleans up the brushstrokes and is made for the abuse of fingers/hands. It is what I use for windows and doors. Awesome finish.

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Anyone have the plastic I am missing from the middle ramp?
Still looking for this. If I can't find an original piece, I would try to make my own if I am able to get a decent scan.

Bump...Still in need of this plastic. Let me know if you have one for sale.

IMG_20160201_194000 (resized).jpgIMG_20160201_194000 (resized).jpg

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Bump...Still in need of this plastic. Let me know if you have one for sale.

Is it the clear one covering the potential trap?

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Is it the clear one covering the potential trap?

It's the clear one at the top of the ramp. Mine never had one when I bought it.

#965 7 years ago

Just installed Tilt Graphics Royal Rumble Game Blades. I was second guessing the design at first but once they're installed I think it's fits seamlessly.

IMG_8811 (resized).JPGIMG_8811 (resized).JPG

IMG_8812 (resized).JPGIMG_8812 (resized).JPG

IMG_8813 (resized).JPGIMG_8813 (resized).JPG

#966 7 years ago

The TILT game blades look amazing! I had been bugging Jose (from tilt) to make them for a while, and when he finally did, I loved how they turned out!

#967 7 years ago

I also need that plastic pice, the one on my pin is cracked in half.

#968 7 years ago

Are there GI lights in back apron of the PF? It looks so illuminated on some of your pictures. Mine seems very dark and I haven't even checked if there are any old bulbs back up there.

#969 7 years ago

I spent a lot of time this week working on fully custom audio replacements for the entire game using the PinSound board. The game is already fantastic, but this makes it even more exciting and fun!

New call outs from Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby Heenan, Mr. Perfect, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Big Bossman, The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and many more! A classic "Royal Rumble Report" with Mean Gene Okerlund explaining the rules of the Rumble, in addition to everyone's individual theme music for all wrestlers represented on the prototype backglass and playfield, all tag teams also represented (randomly plays a tag team theme during the Tag Team mode, not just Smokin Gunns every time). Updated, high quality recordings of Yokozuna, Mr. Fuji, Paul Bearer, The Undertaker, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, and Vince McMahon. Also enhanced crowd noise, crowd chants, and new custom "Pandemonium" theme music using the WWF Superstars TV show theme from 1994 and the Prime Time Wrestling theme. A few pieces of the original pinball music remain in some instances where they add to the drama. Gorilla and Bobby Heenan sign off the show upon game over reminding you to call your local cable TV provider to order the Rumble only PPV this Sunday! Custom attract themes using the extended version of Hulk Hogan's music, and the "For Over 50 Years, The Revolutionary Force..." and "What the World is Watching" bumpers. Last but not least, in attract mode, wrestler theme music will be played randomly (at low, non annoying volume levels.)

I still have a bunch of additional work to do, but I hope to stream some live gameplay with all the new modifications possibly tonight on my Twitch channel! I think fans of this game and fans of this era of professional wrestling will really get a kick out of these enhancements! (And seriously, the PinSound board is worth every penny for not only the customization like this, but the massive improvement in audio quality and EQ settings for individual speakers! I'm going to order another one for my DE Batman pin soon!)

#970 7 years ago

Nice work, I will try to check it out. Any chance your setup/configuration will be available if one decides to buy a pinsound upgrade?

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Are there GI lights in back apron of the PF? It looks so illuminated on some of your pictures. Mine seems very dark and I haven't even checked if there are any old bulbs back up there.

Sorry just saw your question now. Yes I have 2 LED light strips behind the crowd plastic in the back of the playfield. I did the same with my JD (like most JD owners)

Also that pinsound sounds amazing. Really looking forward to the video.

#972 7 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Nice work, I will try to check it out. Any chance your setup/configuration will be available if one decides to buy a pinsound upgrade?

I believe the custom file can be packaged up, though it's quite large due to the WAV files it uses rather than the original OGG format. The PinSound forum has a section for users to share their custom mixes and I'll look into making it available there. I know some people have simply mailed users a flash stick, then loaded and mailed back. So that's also an option.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to live stream tonight, but maybe tomorrow afternoon. I was doing some work in the back box and discovered some wiring that was shoddy at best, and one of the GI strings is now out in the lower playfield even after I reconnected the wire to the proper connector. It was 4am so I didn't troubleshoot further, but should be an easy fix.

#973 7 years ago

Hi All - Can anyone take a peak at their pin and tell me if the part I have pictured below (in my hand) has a diode on it on your machine? Mine does not and I found a diode laying in the bottom of the cabinet. There are 2 similar parts located in the same area (lower left area in pic of playfield) that DO have diodes on them which makes me think maybe my mystery diode came from this part. Any help is greatly appreciatedP1150623 (resized).JPGP1150623 (resized).JPG
P1150622 (resized).JPGP1150622 (resized).JPG
P1150617 (resized).JPGP1150617 (resized).JPG
P1150621 (resized).JPGP1150621 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Please... can someone take a look at their machine and let me know if the respective part on your machine (pictured two posts above) has a diode on it? Thanks in advance.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Here's the paint code

This is awesome. Thanks man!

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All - Can anyone take a peak at their pin and tell me if the part I have pictured below (in my hand) has a diode on it on your machine? Mine does not and I found a diode laying in the bottom of the cabinet. There are 2 similar parts located in the same area (lower left area in pic of playfield) that DO have diodes on them which makes me think maybe my mystery diode came from this part. Any help is greatly appreciated

Added 2 days ago: Please... can someone take a look at their machine and let me know if the respective part on your machine (pictured in my hand above) has a diode on it? Thanks in advance.

Anybody?

3 weeks later
#976 7 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Any member having random slat tilt? Please contact me to help, it's driving me crazy! Checked row and column of switches, fine. New power supply is fine. Can't make it happen in switch test...only happens when it wants! Today hit middle ramp to light start mode then hit banzi ramp ...immediately after banzi ramp Mr. Fuji said, extra ball is lit and then.....slam tilt... right in middle of the game. If anyone can help me that would be great, pm if needed. Thanks.

Did you every get to the bottom of this? I'm having a similar issue myself.

2 weeks later
#977 7 years ago

I'm in the club! Just brought it home a couple days ago.

#978 7 years ago

Ahem
New to this club
Bought my rr nonworking
Battery acid spillage took out display, driver board and other stuff!wasnt me
Hope to get it up and running this month.....
Pic is from my barcadium store which I'm renovating currently....

IMG_2472.JPGIMG_2472.JPG

#979 7 years ago

Question for you Ham-N-Egger's:

What part number/Screws do I need for the Center Ramp Cliffy post protectors?

I got new Cliffy's for these posts, and had different post protectors on previously, that don't fit the new cliffy's.

#980 7 years ago

Occasionally when multi ball starts the flippers will go dead. This seems to only happen when multiball is going. Also the flipper buttons will launch the ball around the same game when this happens. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas where to start looking for the issue? Is this a problem with the CPU?

2 weeks later
#981 7 years ago

Have you guys seen the topper that laseriffic did for WWFRR. I grabbed one for my game and I am super happy with it!

https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/wwfrr-topper

IMG_0238 (resized).PNGIMG_0238 (resized).PNG

#982 7 years ago

Haven't seen that before, that does look cool.

#983 7 years ago

Yeah I saw that the other day, do you have any pictures of it installed?

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah I saw that the other day, do you have any pictures of it installed?

I can take a pic of mine and post it, however, mine will not give a true indication of how it will look. I say this, as I have a basement game room, therefor drop ceilings, which then mean low headroom for toppers. Because of this, I needed to ask laseriffic to make me one at a smaller size, which he was awesome enough to make for me special order!!!!?
As a result, mine is not as tall or as wide as the one he has listed on his site. Granted, I think the one he sells standard will fill the head's width better, however, with my low cieling, it was wither go smaller (on the height , which then meant the width got proportionaly smaller) or have nothing.

If you still want to see a pic of it on my game, even though it's a smaller size, just let me know and I'm happy to do it.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Haven't seen that before, that does look cool.

I believe he has just released it within the past couple of weeks, which is why I thought I would post it here. It really is a nice alternative if you don't have the original plastic topper. But I will even go one further, and say that this is actually a tad nicer that the "stock" flimsy plastic belt topper typically seen on WWFFRR.
The light "modes" options are really nice, and the overall look of the topper, on or off, is really slick!
Totally worth the asking price IMHO.

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Have you guys seen the topper that laseriffic did for WWFRR. I grabbed one for my game and I am super happy with it!
https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/wwfrr-topper

I haven't seen that one, but I will say the one he made for WWFRR a few months (year?) back is awesome. Looks like he used the same design but made it clear so you could do whatever color you want.

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I believe he has just released it within the past couple of weeks, which is why I thought I would post it here. It really is a nice alternative if you don't have the original plastic topper. But I will even go one further, and say that this is actually a tad nicer that the "stock" flimsy plastic belt topper typically seen on WWFFRR.
The light "modes" options are really nice, and the overall look of the topper, on or off, is really slick!
Totally worth the asking price IMHO.

How easy was it to install? As in, is it difficult getting the LEDs to work?

#988 7 years ago

Yeah let's see it! The price seems pretty reasonable especially compared to some of their other toppers

#989 7 years ago

Would love to see a full size one installed

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

How easy was it to install? As in, is it difficult getting the LEDs to work?

So very easy! It's basically a board that you click into the pins of one of the harness connections on the board, and then plug the harness into the new board ....rather than the Williams board. It couldn't be easier, or cleaner of an install!

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Would love to see a full size one installed

Sorry...don't have a full size to be able to show with. Mine is slightly smaller

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I haven't seen that one, but I will say the one he made for WWFRR a few months (year?) back is awesome. Looks like he used the same design but made it clear so you could do whatever color you want.

The color changing LEDs shine through the clear plastic and make the belt change colors....it's a nice effect.

#993 7 years ago

Is there an interesting story behind the production of this game? It seems like it wasn't in production very long and in one of the TNT YouTube videos he mentions how it was closed out or something? Just curious

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Is there an interesting story behind the production of this game? It seems like it wasn't in production very long and in one of the TNT YouTube videos he mentions how it was closed out or something? Just curious

In a funny coincidence, My wife got me my WWFRR from TNT...we love Todd!

As far as stories about the game, the one that I have always heard was about the problems they were having because of wrestlers coming and going. It was around the time of the WWF and WCW war, and many of the wrestlers, which were well known at the time, and were slated to be on the game, kept having to get removed...and when you have and art package, not to mention DMD and audio call outs, this can be a huge problem...and cause a game to go way over time and budget.
I think I heard that by the time that all was said and done, with all the changes and setbacks, everyone was so frustrated and was just wanted to be done with the project. What was originally meant to be a game packed with tons of fan favorites wound up being a weird stripped down version.
I also heard that the reason it was a wide body was due to the fact that they wanted it to feel big and bulky ....like a wrestler and/or like the packed royal match the game is themed on....and the wide body would feel more filled if it had all of the stuff the first incarnation was to have. there was supposed to be way more characters and these characters meant to be used all over the playfield layout. However, when you pull out a ton of characters and modes, you are left with a wide body that feels a bit empty (one complaint about the game is many feel it just feels like a game that would make more sense as a standard size game rather than the baron feeling wide body version).

Also, from what I understand, Hulk was actually with WCW at the time, but WWF decided to still feature him on the game, as he was such an iconic character and synonymous with wrestling and the WWF...so even though he was working for the "enemy" at the time, he is featured on the game.

As many know, there was a back glass that featured a ton of wrestlers, but wound up getting scrapped, likely because so many had jumped to the other company, and it likely wasn't worth trying to keep updating the one with all of them on it. Instead, they went with a handful of wrestlers on the back glass, rather than the crowd of wrestlers you might think of for a "royal rumble" (30 wrestlers in the same match).

What some might not know is there is an alternate body artwork for the game, which I will attach as a pic. Personally, I wish the version in the pic was what was used for production, much cooler than the blander version used. Heck, I would even jump on a set of decals if somebody made alternate decals for the game using the original body artwork.

So....any other stories? Those are the ones I know.

IMG_0246 (resized).JPGIMG_0246 (resized).JPG

#995 7 years ago

Yeah that's what I figured happened. It's too bad but it's still a great pin. It would've been nice if they couldn't made another one in the late 90s.

#996 7 years ago

Actually on ipdb says the original prototype Royal Rumble pin was gonna be a standard body and was changed to a wide body when they changed everything

#997 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the headbox and front artwork looked like on that original version?
I Might be able to get artwork done if so

#998 7 years ago

does anyone know who the wrestler is to the right of the coin door?

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

does anyone know who the wrestler is to the right of the coin door?

It's a referee. Either Bill Alfonzo or a generic one. Refs back then used to wear either white or light blue dress shirts with a bow tie.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know what the headbox and front artwork looked like on that original version?

Heard it was supposed to be the Ultimate Warrior on the sides of the back box. As for the front I could picture it just saying "Royal Rumble" and having the red white and blue stripes and stars just like the proto sides. Didn't hear that or anything I just think that's what they would have done.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from phillymadison:

It's a referee. Either Bill Alfonzo or a generic one. Refs back then used to wear either white or light blue dress shirts with a bow tie.

Heard it was supposed to be the Ultimate Warrior on the sides of the back box.

That would have been cool if it would have been Warrior, but I'm going to guess that it might not have been meant to be him. I am of course guessing, but here are my "clues" I'm using to make my hypothesis....lol

In 1991, Warrior left on really bad terms, as he demanded more money to go out to the ring for a really big pay per view match. Vince was steamed and Warrior was gone ASAP. Then he returned, but was gone again in 1992, as he tested positive for steroids, and as it says on IPDB, one of the revised was that the WWF wanted the art redone to reflect less "steroid looking" bodies. In 1991, the steroid scandal really hit the fan, and in 1994, it was in high gear. Granted, Hulk was also seen as one of the "steroid" looking guys, however, I am guessing they were more willing to do a less steroid version of Hulk and use him, as they were going with Hulk already because of his iconic appeal ...even though he was technically not with the company....combined with the bad blood with Warrior, I am guessing Warrior wasn't going to get that prominent spot on the game.

I also put the pics together and although we only have the tip of the boot on the prototype version.....it is the HULK yellow, and when you put it next to the artwork used in the production run, the tip if the boot looks identical, which leads me to further believe it was Hulk in both versions.

Again.....all of this is just a guess on my end...and I just enjoyed thinking out loud about it.....lol

IMG_0256 (resized).JPGIMG_0256 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.