IMG_2684 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2683 (resized).jpeg
Mockup copy (resized).jpg
Arena Flag reference (resized).jpeg
Arena Example (resized).jpg
A8B73FBB-E32F-40A1-B3B3-A88BF1580B53 (resized).jpeg
8C321613-BEAD-4723-9134-CC46E02ECCD7 (resized).jpeg
20230219_002941 (resized).jpg
There are 1,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

That was my first thought but haven't messed with a lot of data east games. I check all of those in the morning. Thanks

Mine had one not working when I picked it up.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Mine had one not working when I picked it up.

That makes sense. Occasionally when a ball drains you have to give the machine a little shake to get it to register. The game was pretty filthy when I picked it up so I'm sure those trough switched are pretty covered in gunk

#903 7 years ago

I think mine was a broken diode on one of the trough switches or perhaps it was a wire that needed resoldered. Either way it was a relatively easy fix

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Anyone have the plastic I am missing from the middle ramp?
Still looking for this. If I can't find an original piece, I would try to make my own if I am able to get a decent scan.

Id be willing to pay anyone for their time to help me with this. The middle shot is almost useless at this point without that plastic.

#905 7 years ago

Someone comes to town, someone leaves town.

After three wonderful years, I sold WWFRR over the weekend. Never fell out of love with it, but with only enough space for two games (and the other one probably a lifetime keeper) it was time to say goodbye. Already looking forward to the next time I run into one at a convention or in someone else's collection.

Sale was to another Pinsider, so you may well have a new member among your ranks soon!

#906 7 years ago

Thanks Rob, I have now joined the club. It's a great game, tons of shots and a lot going on. It rivals Baywatch. Good seller too!

20160529_202520_(resized).jpg20160529_202520_(resized).jpg

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Id be willing to pay anyone for their time to help me with this. The middle shot is almost useless at this point without that plastic.

If you can help me secure the lcd mod with the video you have loaded on yours and the pinsound board with the audio you have loaded on yours, I can get you the plastic you are looking for... an original not a repro.

#908 7 years ago

Any known issues with the skill shot reward "Long Freeze" not working properly? For example, player got it 2nd ball, received no freeze but then 3rd ball received the long freeze.

#909 7 years ago

Guessing this is a trough issue or perhaps the switch in the launch lane going bad?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#910 7 years ago

make sure the right number of balls, 6, are in the game.

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Guessing this is a trough issue or perhaps the switch in the launch lane going bad?

I didn't think of the lane switch. I'm going to dig into it shortly. I e had my haunted house apart for two months lol. I am procrastinating. That is basically what mine is doing as well

#912 7 years ago

Mine was easy - the ball launch coil had become disconnected.

#913 7 years ago

It is very sporadic. Seems like it happens once a game on average.

#914 7 years ago

If you go into switch test mode, drop the balls in the trough one At a time. Does each ball register?

Lift the playfield and slide a piece of paper in between each opto while in test mode, including the upper one closest to the shooter lane. Do they all register?

Roll a ball into the shooter lane while in test mode, does it register every time?

2 weeks later
#915 7 years ago

Anyone else pumped for Money in the Bank tonight?!

#916 7 years ago

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

I'm in shock. Cleveland finally wins a title and Cincinnati's own Dean Ambrose cashes in and is the WWE Heavyweight Champion. What kind of alternative universe am I in? Someone pinch me! Am I awake?

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

***** SPOILER ALERT *****
I'm in shock. Cleveland finally wins a title and Cincinnati's own Dean Ambrose cashes in and is the WWE Heavyweight Champion. What kind of alternative universe am I in? Someone pinch me! Am I awake?

Main event was awesome!

1 month later
#918 7 years ago

Hey fellow wwfrr clubers would any one be so kind as to tell me where the purple/black wire that connects to the lower general illumination (slings) should be going? Mine is loose in the back box

#919 7 years ago

I just responded to your original thread with pictures and schematic. J2, 8th slot on PPB. Was out of town until today otherwise I would have responded sooner.

4 weeks later
#920 7 years ago

Anyone have a spare set of Cliffy protectors laying around? Or know where I can purchase them?

Thanks. Glad to finally be a member of this club!

#921 7 years ago

Email Cliffy. Cliffyprotectors.com is his site. Great guy, he will probably have to make you a set. They look great on the game and easy install.

#922 7 years ago

Okay, got my Cliffy's ordered. Now comes the more challenging part:

I need a topper.

Anyone looking to get rid of their's? Low ceiling clearance perhaps?

Anyone?

#923 7 years ago

I'm a WWFRR owner, but I'm many miles away from my machine currently. Wondering if anyone can help me with a few glass-off pictures of the playfield highlighting the art. The higher resolution the better, but really good, clear cell phone pics would do. I'm putting together a WWFRR article and need some visuals...don't wanna steal from the Internet...I'll give the photographer credit if they'd like.

I need:
- overall shot of the PF
-close ups of the groups of wrestlers by each of the three main shots
- tag team area
- McMahon and Hernan between the flippers
- overall shot of upper PF

Reply here or PM if you can help and I'll send over my email address.

Thanks in advance, humanoids.

#924 7 years ago

Just picked up a WWFRR as my first machine. Loving it so far. My first project is to rebuild the upper playfield flippers as they are kind of weak. I'd be interested in getting some cliffy protectors too!

#925 7 years ago

Cliffys are on their way, got my new translite art from RDReynolds (thanks, looks great!) and fixed the issue with the ball getting stuck under the upper playfield.

Here is my next dilemma: the game came without a captive ball! Anyone know if I will need to remove the upper playfield to get a new ball in there?

Thanks!

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cliffys are on their way, got my new translite art from RDReynolds (thanks, looks great!) and fixed the issue with the ball getting stuck under the upper playfield.
Here is my next dilemma: the game came without a captive ball! Anyone know if I will need to remove the upper playfield to get a new ball in there?
Thanks!

You can finagle the captive ball in there without having to remove the upper playfield, raise up the playfield and put in through the back right side.

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You can finagle the captive ball in there without having to remove the upper playfield, raise up the playfield and put in through the back right side.

Trying to wrap my brain around what you mean. Should I lift the plastic and squeeze it in that way?

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Trying to wrap my brain around what you mean. Should I lift the plastic and squeeze it in that way?

That's what I would do. It's the plastic behind the middle ramp.

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

That's what I would do. It's the plastic behind the middle ramp.

I thought about that, but it seems as if in order to get the plastic up enough to squeeze the ball in, I would still need to remove the upper playfield. I'll try again when I get home tonight. Just don't want to snap the plastic. That would really suck.

#930 7 years ago

You will need to take the entire plastic piece off. This can be accessed without having to remove the upper playfield.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

You will need to take the entire plastic piece off. This can be accessed without having to remove the upper playfield.

Gotcha. I'll take another look at it later tonight. Thanks.

#932 7 years ago

I have a set of cliffys scoop hole protectors installed on my WWF for several years. The one by the center ramp seems to make that shot more difficult to hit consistently than without it. The scoop hole was not that worn to start out with. Seems most times the ball hits the scoop and just rattles and bounces out. It is important to make that shot to collect mode starts for the Royal Rumble. I noticed that protector is not as good a fit compared to the one on the other scoop. Any ideas or suggestions other than just removing it?

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I have a set of cliffys scoop hole protectors installed on my WWF for several years. The one by the center ramp seems to make that shot more difficult to hit consistently than without it. The scoop hole was not that worn to start out with. Seems most times the ball hits the scoop and just rattles and bounces out. It is important to make that shot to collect mode starts for the Royal Rumble. I noticed that protector is not as good a fit compared to the one on the other scoop. Any ideas or suggestions other than just removing it?

It's funny you say that, because I'm actually waiting for my Cliffys to arrive. I have noticed that WITHOUT the protectors, the ball tends to rattle around, then fall out of the middle hole. I was hoping that with the protector installed it would make the shot easier. I guess we shall see....

#934 7 years ago

Make sure it's resting flat and you can bend the tabs that are on the inside if you need. Mine Cliffys don't seem to interfere.

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It's funny you say that, because I'm actually waiting for my Cliffys to arrive. I have noticed that WITHOUT the protectors, the ball tends to rattle around, then fall out of the middle hole. I was hoping that with the protector installed it would make the shot easier. I guess we shall see....

It does, mine did the same thing, but now that mode start catches a well placed ball 95% of the time. Enjoy!

Love this pin, I tend to take time off from it, come right back to it as my fave pin that I have...It's just a blast to play.

2 weeks later
#936 7 years ago

The Crew!

IMG_20160922_222212 (resized).jpgIMG_20160922_222212 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#937 7 years ago

Just joined the club!

#938 7 years ago

Picking up my 2nd WWFRR on Sunday. Sold the last one but missed it.

#939 7 years ago

The way the shaker is intergreated into this game is simple amazing. I love all the call outs,as well. I wish I could find some of the orange plastics. One piece at a time making one of my favorites shine.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I wish I could find some of the orange plastics. One piece at a time making one of my favorites shine.

What orange plastics?

#941 7 years ago

Hi Everyone - Would anyone mind taking a look at a thread I started that is titled "WWF Royal Rumble - Where did this come from? Please Help" and comparing the picture I have of a part from the underside of the playfield to their machine? As I mention in the thread, I found a diode in the bottom of the cabinet (just recently) and the only place I think it could have come from is the respective part (I don't know what it is called or what it's purpose is but it has 2 yellow wires with green banks on one side and 2 yellow wires with red bands on the other ) that I unscrewed from the bottom of the playfield to get a better picture. I can take more pics if that would help. A pick of the same part on your machine would be most appreciated. Thanks all.

#942 7 years ago
Quoted from mima:

What orange plastics?

My outlanes and the first ones on each side of the bottom of my playfield are orange. My outlanes are the worst.#'s 18,17,13,14,08,as well as lite mode start,and enter the ring.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#943 7 years ago

I'm having "Command AC" and "Command AD" errors, so I just purchased these roms off of ebay (ebay.com link: itm). Is this what most are using? Also, here are a few pics of the machine that I just purchased. Would it be expected to get those errors with the roms I have installed (A1.03 CPU & A1.01 - Display? Any help is appreciated.

IMG_6531 (resized).JPGIMG_6531 (resized).JPG

IMG_6530 (resized).JPGIMG_6530 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#944 7 years ago

I posted this video a few months back and wanted to see if anyone had a clue how to fix this.

#945 7 years ago

Check your leaf spring gap maybe. It's a double leaf maybe two of your contacts are to close together. Your lower flipper is not moving as well?

#946 7 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts on the "Command AC" or "Command AD" errors? I've replaced the cpu and dmd roms and nothing changed. I've checked the voltage on the dmd and it's getting a solid 4.88. When I turn the game on, it does the normal rom notification, and audio, then makes a door open buzz sound and the screen goes blank. Any ideas?

#947 7 years ago

Make sure rom's were put in the right way. Check fuses????? Just a guess. I put some sound rom's in the wrong way once, and it caused some havoc.

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Check your leaf spring gap maybe. It's a double leaf maybe two of your contacts are to close together. Your lower flipper is not moving as well?

Bottom flipper works fine. Does that changed what you suggested from earlier?

#949 7 years ago

It's a starting point. If both flippers work fine when you push the button which activates the leaf spring closing the circuit to activate the flipper coils. If they work fine probably not the leaf, and if only the top then check around the coil for top flipper. Also trace the wires back to the leaf, and see if anything is loose or fraid. Might be a solder joint?? If you could let me know a little more info. From what I just stated , maybe with looking at mine we can get this fixed.

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I posted this video a few months back and wanted to see if anyone had a clue how to fix this.
» YouTube video

Hey Clay, I believe the game uses 2 separate flipper boards that I think are indentical. I would start by swapping them with each other and see if the problem moves to the lower flipper. Also, check the fuse clips on them as the data east ones often partially break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 1,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwfrr-club/page/19?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.