(Topic ID: 48126)

WWF Royal Rumble Who is the guy in Blue and White? UPDATE: It's a referee!

By icust298

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
220px-Backlund199809.jpg
image-6.jpg
WWF_Front.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Just like the title says, who is the guy in the blue and white shirt on the front of the cab? It looks like a horrible drawing of Mr Perfect. Any ideas?

#2 11 years ago

Good question! Not Mr Perfect; I think he's in the right outlane. Most wrestlers are recognizable and artwork isn't so bad, but this guy doesn't look familiar.

#3 11 years ago

Man, I always thought it was a random referee....did they wear bowties in the late 80's early 90's?

I'm certain I am wrong...

#4 11 years ago

I think it is Bob Backlund.

#5 11 years ago

To help, here is the pic:

WWF_Front.jpgWWF_Front.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Curt Henning

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I think it is Bob Backlund.

+1
Not Curt Henning/Mr perfect. Bob Backlund wore a bow tie for a while must be him.

#8 11 years ago

Bob Backlund's hair was always short and brown.

Bobby Heenan?

#9 11 years ago

Of course I am right. Don't question my WWF knowledge. Mr. Perfect always wore a singlet and had long flowing blonde hair. He is pictures on the right outlane of the playfield and you can see a huge difference.

image-6.jpgimage-6.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Bobby Heenan is by the left flipper in the picture I posted

#11 11 years ago

I think thats a referee from back in the day. White shirt with black tie? I could be wrong though

#12 11 years ago

Good lord, that is a referee. It's a shadow not blue.

#13 11 years ago

Bobby Heenan also had more weight on him than the guy being portrayed.

I also thought it was Curt Henning in a blue jumper, but now that I am actually *looking* at it... I dunno. He did do a stint as Ric Flair's "consultant" and wore a suit. He also wore all kinds of stuff when he was doing his "perfect (fill in blank)" promos. *shrug*

I can see the ref, since it can be interpreted as a white shirt with black slacks. Bob Backlund? Maybe.

Maybe another wrestler that had to get cut from the game and the artist just said, "Uh...ok...we gotta get this thing done NOW and I am tired of painting wrestlers...so let's just make something up"??

#14 11 years ago

it is an old school ref. think could be Mike Chioda

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Good lord, that is a referee. It's a Shadow not blue.

oh yeah! bow tie and everything

#16 11 years ago

I'm thinking it's one of my college professors.

#17 11 years ago

Always thought it was just a bad artist rendition of Bob Backlund.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Man, I always thought it was a random referee....did they wear bowties in the late 80's early 90's?
I'm certain I am wrong...

HOLY CRAP!!

I was right!!!

#19 11 years ago

Just skipped through ROYAL RUMBLE 1994 and there is a referee controversy at the end one has short sleeves the other has long sleeves but they both have bow ties.

#20 11 years ago

Bob Backlund was a ref?

#21 11 years ago

Looks like a blonde Bill Alfonso. He was famous as a ref and manager primarily in ECW.

#22 11 years ago

220px-Backlund199809.jpg220px-Backlund199809.jpg

Bob Backlund

#23 11 years ago

It really looks like a modern day Christian. It even has has his signature move of pointing like he does these days.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Looks like a blonde Bill Alfonso. He was famous as a ref and manager primarily in ECW.

That's who it is...There was a picture posted either in DVDR or F4Wonline forums that had the WWF crew(wrestlers/refs) from the time period this game was made on an overseas tour and Bill Alfonso looks pretty much like he does on the front of this cab. image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

+1
Not Curt Henning/Mr perfect. Bob Backlund wore a bow tie for a while must be him.

It's Curt HENNIG. *sheesh* And Bob Backlund is actually a redhead. Saw him at the WWF/E HoF induction a couple of weeks ago. He's in amazing shape for a guy his age.

And yeah, definitely a ref--the bowtie clinches it. Missed that detail on my tablet. Might be Billy Caputo?

#26 11 years ago

Curt Hennig has the greatest set of wrestling vignettes ever when he did that series of how he was perfect in every sport. It was so ridiculous it was brilliant.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Curt Hennig has the greatest set of wrestling vignettes ever when he did that series of how he was perfect in every sport. It was so ridiculous it was brilliant.

All the drug abuse, daily working schedules and premature deaths aside...these guys had the funnest job in the world. The best guys were the ones who really got into their roles and obviously had fun with it.

#28 11 years ago

WWF refs in the 80s and early 90s wore blue shirts and bow ties. They didn't switch to the zebra stripes until around the Attitude Era or just before.

#29 11 years ago

Is anybody else ever disturbed by the freaky ass clown and his vicinity to your junk while you are playing the game?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Is anybody else ever disturbed by the freaky ass clown and his vicinity to your junk while you are playing the game?

Sounds like you need to go lay down on a couch for a little talk!

#31 11 years ago

The real question is who did he replace. Horrible waste of space of pinball real estate. :p

There's not any alternate sound for this game floating around somewhere is there? Would love some Razor Ramon, Heenan,and Perfect sound clips if they ever existed. Always thought it was weird how much they're represented in the art but that was it.

#32 11 years ago

Yeah, seems like they hanged the artwork around quite a bit, with wrestlers moving between promotions, etc. I do prefer the prototype translite with a lot more wrestlers, but don't have one.

I am still determined to retheme my WWFRR as a classic ('95-'97) ECW pin, complete with killer theme songs.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yeah, seems like they hanged the artwork around quite a bit, with wrestlers moving between promotions, etc. I do prefer the prototype translite with a lot more wrestlers, but don't have one.
I am still determined to retheme my WWFRR as a classic ('95-'97) ECW pin, complete with killer theme songs.

As long as instead of Macho Man screaming Multiball you can make red lights flash and Natural Born Killers play.

#34 11 years ago

Looks like a ref to me too.

Never played WWFRR.
There isn't a squirt gun inside the main cabinet centered in the flower on the clown's chest that squirts you in the zipper area if you make some lame a$s low score is there?

You wet yourself! Mr.McDunnough wet himself. Oh, sorry. Wrong movie. Carry on.

#35 11 years ago

Nice game

#36 11 years ago

Yea its already a hit at my house. I got lucky and found a nice one from this guy by St Louis who had way too many nice pins in his basement and just needed to get rid of one quick. Seriously thanks again man and anyone that has a chance to make a deal with pinballwizard79 don't hesitate, 1000% percent good guy.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

nyone that has a chance to make a deal with pinballwizard79 don't hesitate, 1000% percent good guy.

Pinballwizardz? Did he charge you extra for a Doink the clown signature on that backglass?

#38 11 years ago

^^ I'm gonna have to change my name on here thanks to that DESW clown lol

icust298 it was a pleasure working with you bro, great buyer!

#39 11 years ago

Chyna before the sex change.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Quoted from Rengozu:

As long as instead of Macho Man screaming Multiball you can make red lights flash and Natural Born Killers play.

Gangstas Garbage Can Multiball! Collect crutches, cheese graters, stop signs..... Upgraded sound system with real speakers/amp/woofer/eq for the theme songs.

And for "Oh Yeah!" substitute various randomized clips of "Oh My God!"

#41 11 years ago

Remember the ref "Danny Davis" who turned bad? Could be him except I think he had black hair.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm gonna have to change my name on here thanks to that DESW clown lo

I think you are all one in the same. All pinballwizards on here are the same guy with multiple accounts. Talk about a long con....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-who-is-the-guy-in-blue-and-white and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.