Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi All,Just wanting to take the upper playfield off my Royal Rumble to give it a clean and change a few bulbs underneith the championship belts,I havent taken it off before so im a little apprehensive due to the gates that let the ball out ,so i was hopeing if anyone has taken the upper playfield off before can give me any advice before i attempt it,things to look out for,etc, any experiance they had while doing this,would be greatly appreciated..Thanx in advance

#2 10 years ago

I want to do the same thing...if you do it or anyone has advice let me know of any tips.

#3 10 years ago

I took mine off for the first time a few months ago. It looks more intimidating than it is. Im going from memory so be easy on me.

The first thing you need to do is remove the plastics. There should be a few bolts that go through the mini playfield and into the bottom of the main playfield. Then remove the gates and the flippers. You will also need to remove the VUK wire form. I had a little trouble with this one because I believe you have to remove other ramps. Then just disconnect the mini playfield from the harness and you should be ready to go.

I hope I didnt miss anything, but thats what I remember. Hope that helps!

#5 10 years ago

+1 Jdoz. The biggest pain is that everything is interconnected to that upper playfield in one way or another. So you need to essentially undo the wireforms and take them off. The vuk wireform. Then loosen/unscrew the back left ramp.

Obviously, label the diverters because they are slightly different. Also don't lose the c-ring as it acts like a spacer(although I don't remember what it rests on...I think the lower pf). Take the mini flippers off, disconnect the minipf wire harness, then lift up.

It seems intimidating, but it really is just more time consuming than complicated (and tedious when you get it back together and realize you forgot something or a light goes out in the inserts...and you have to start over).

#6 10 years ago

P.S. The wiring underneath there is *super* tight. With a lot of help from a buddy, we had to modify how they crammed the wires under there to get it to fit while keeping everything functional (wires clogging the drop target mech or jamming something else). If the playfield doesn't fit correctly when you try to put it back, check there.

#7 10 years ago

Thanx alot for the advice,I really appreciate it,Jester let us know how u go??Gonna give it crack on the weekend,hope all works out well....cheers

1 week later
#8 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Thanx alot for the advice,I really appreciate it,Jester let us know how u go??Gonna give it crack on the weekend,hope all works out well....cheers

Did you get to work on yours? Run into any issues? I was away on vacation so I have not even attempted anything yet.

#9 10 years ago

ha,ha, nahh mate , Ive been slack as. I,ve got to get on to it. maybe this weekend , no work , I wish I was on vacation , i'll keep you posted an please do the same, due to my slackness im sure you will get around to it before me...

8 months later
#10 10 years ago

finally getting around to this today after 8 months, its definatly not the easiest thing to to do, had to refer back to this and still cant get the thing off..

#11 10 years ago

having trouble getting it off, diverters are off, flippers are off,wire form and plastics are off, gotta get the harness off , but do I have to take off the drop target assembley ??

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

having trouble getting it off, diverters are off, flippers are off,wire form and plastics are off, gotta get the harness off , but do I have to take off the drop target assembley ??

Drop target assembly should come off with it IIRC. Get the diverters off. The flippers off. The ramps off. Then there should be two bolts holding it down (possibly three...it's been a while). There's a quick disconnect holding it to the harness, which it sounds like you found. After that, it should all lift up and off.

Edit: DUH! Or check what I said above. Crazy how things get fuzzy after 9 months of not looking at it.

#13 9 years ago

Cheers Sosage, I got it lifted, think I couldn't find one of the bolts for a while, but stupid me forgot to change 2 globes while it was up, so im gonna have to do it again before I put the ramps back, should be easier now that I know whats going on.. thanks again for your help mate, cheers..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-upper-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.