Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wwf small board.jpg
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Just picked up a Royal Rumble which needs a bit of work. It's missing the TAG button housing and TAG button, just wondering if someone who has a royal rumble could take a picture of the inside the cabinet of how the wiring is to the tag button so I can see what I am going to need. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Good luck finding a housing as they are far and few. Rocky and Bullwinkle also used one ... Keep that in mind when you search.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks, I will. I heard they are not to easy to come by.

#4 9 years ago

It really wouldn't be that hard to make something out of a small block of wood..

#5 9 years ago

BAA sells the TAG buttons, so check there for the actual button. Housing is somekind of black plastic on mine. Do you still need a picture of the TAG button wiring?

#6 9 years ago

I don't know what it looks like under the black plastic thing, but I always thought it was weird to have it raised up like that. I like the button to just be right there on the cabinet.

Good luck!

#7 9 years ago

BAA is out of stock right now of the housing but do have the TAG button, MAD Amusements also has the TAG button but I am trying to email them to find out shipping cost but there email isn't working properly. I still do need a picture of the Tag button so if you could send one that would be great, probably going to have to make my own wiring harness to go from the button to the connection on the cabinet wiring.

#8 9 years ago

I will try to get the picture today or tomorrow, been out of town, away from my games..

#9 9 years ago

That would be great, thanks Chet

#10 9 years ago

Here are some pictures of the Tag Switch wiring. The first is the wiring connector from the TAG switch to the cabinet wiring, 4 wires, green, red, white and yellow.. Next two are shots of how the wires are soldered to the TAG switch lugs. Note there are two diodes soldered to the switch. It will make more sense when you have the actual TAG switch in hand.
IMG_0222.JPGIMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPGIMG_0224.JPG

#11 9 years ago

Does the tag button flash all the time or does it flash when you should be tapping/hitting tag?
Not sure if mine is hooked up correctly.

#12 9 years ago

Pretty certain, not lit all the the time. Mine is lit when waiting to launch ball and when game mode requires you to hit the TAG button. I will double check it later.

#13 9 years ago

Awesome thanks Chet. One more question for now On the opposite side by the shaker motor there is the shaker motor board, there is a wiring harness not connected to anything but I found a picture which I have posted with this that has another smaller board above the shaker board and this wiring harness is connected to it but looking at my cabinet there are no holes in the cabinet that would indicate there was something mounted above the shaker motor board. Does your game have this board? If it does do you know what it is for and could I get the number off that board. Thanks again

wwf small board.jpgwwf small board.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Just wondering the green wire, white and purple wire and the end of the one diode, what are they connected to? Looking at the picture I can't tell if it's the microswitch or to the cabinet.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

Awesome thanks Chet. One more question for now On the opposite side by the shaker motor there is the shaker motor board, there is a wiring harness not connected to anything but I found a picture which I have posted with this that has another smaller board above the shaker board and this wiring harness is connected to it but looking at my cabinet there are no holes in the cabinet that would indicate there was something mounted above the shaker motor board. Does your game have this board? If it does do you know what it is for and could I get the number off that board. Thanks again

wwf small board.jpg 66 KB

My game only has the shaker motor board and the game manual does not show any other board in the cabinet in that location either. Not sure what it is..

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Does the tag button flash all the time or does it flash when you should be tapping/hitting tag?
Not sure if mine is hooked up correctly.

The tag button flashes when its time to shoot the ball, when it's time to make a tag and I think during the start of multi-ball

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from dyno:

Just wondering the green wire, white and purple wire and the end of the one diode, what are they connected to? Looking at the picture I can't tell if it's the microswitch or to the cabinet.

Looking at the switch from inside facing the the coin door, The white wire goes to a solder lug on the left side of the switch that is closest to the coin door, and the green wire is soldered to a lug directly in front of the white wire lug. The unbanded side of the diode is soldered to the same lug as the green wire and the banded side of that diode is soldered to switch lug above the yellow wire. the yellow wire is connected to a lug on the bottom of the switch using a quick connect type lug. Again, with a switch in hand, this would be much clearer.. The red wire and the banded side of a diode are connected to a solder lug that is screwed into the side of the cabinet, opposite, but near the switch.. the other end of this diode is soldered to a lug on the top of the switch, by itself.

#18 9 years ago

Thanks again your explanation of were the wiring goes is perfect Just need to buy a tag button now and get it hooked up

#19 9 years ago

Got another question but not about the wiring I was able to track down a housing for the TAG button and it arrived today, thought it would be hard to find one but I got lucky. Looking at the pictures you posted there is a metal bracket that goes into the bottom of the plastic housing, I think it looks like there are some nuts at the bottom of the metal bracket but it is hard to tell. Just wondering if there are bolts that hold the bottom of the plastic housing to the metal bracket. The manual doesn't show anything.

#20 9 years ago

Good find on the Tag Housing. Yes there are two black round head, cabinet style bolts on each side of the housing that are fastened to the metal mounting brackets on the inside of the cabinet. These cabinet bolts look to be the same as those used to attach the lock down bar bracket near the front top of the game on each side. They are smaller than the coin door frame mounting bolts so you can easily see them.

#21 9 years ago

Awesome, thanks Chet. Thanks again for all your info and the pictures, it's been a great help

#22 9 years ago

You got lucky those are hard to find...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.50
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-tag-button-shooter-button-wiring-picture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.