Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 15.38.33 copy (resized).jpg
ce0fa87e1cc7ca795634f7950bf31f7d7582b090 (resized).png
51523i81a4631 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.41.48 copy (resized).jpg
WWF Royal umble - Prototype (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.11.53 copy (resized).jpg
royal rumble mockup copy (resized).jpg
royal rumble alternate translite (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

A member of the forum (BurnDizzyBurn) contacted me with this idea to recreate the WWF Royal Rumble prototype cabinet decals. I thought it was a good idea so I decided to give it a go and will post the progress here.

The goal is to make the cabinet decals as close as possible to what the prototype was.

There is only one picture of it so all the rest will have to be imagined.
I will recreate the side as close as possible, then take the other parts (font and head) and add details to blend it all together. For example, the prototype side has a yellow stroke around the characters and that will have to be added to the other characters. Plus the blue background with USA's colors and stars.
Here is the only pic available:

wwf prototype (resized).jpgwwf prototype (resized).jpg

Thank you BurnDizzyBurn all the info so far.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This plus the proto translite would look great.

Yes, these 2 together in the end will make a closer version of the machine that the artist had in mind.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

May as well have renamed this game WCW Starrcade.

lol

#6 4 years ago

First drawing is done.
You guys have any idea what might be written on his head scarf? I can't tell by the image and on the internet is "holk hogan python power" or "hulk rules" or "hulkamania" or just "hogan".

wwf royal rumble prototype decals (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype decals (resized).jpg

#8 4 years ago

One more.

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 19.00.31 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-17 at 19.00.31 copy (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

So that's how it is called..

:p

thanks!

#10 4 years ago

Had to redraw the logo entirely because the one I have and the internet ones are shit.

As perfect and accurate as possible:

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 10.30.15 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-01-18 at 10.30.15 (resized).png

Added dots to the gradients to make it as close as possible to the technique used back then:

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 10.28.34 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-18 at 10.28.34 copy (resized).jpg

#12 4 years ago

Last one

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 19.43.21 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-18 at 19.43.21 copy (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

Now with color

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 12.05.57 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-20 at 12.05.57 copy (resized).jpg

#16 4 years ago

Changed the tones a little bit and added the back USA colors. Had to make some minor changes to the original pic because the artist that made this cheated a little behind Randy Savage's drawing.

I am also considering moving Randy Savage just a little to the right to make this piece more balanced. Because if you look closely, you will notice that the distance from Savage to Hogan is bigger than the distance from Hogan to Ric Flair, making this art piece a little unbalanced.
Would love to know what you guys think. Keep original positions or make it more balanced?

I also did not crop the stars. on the original, the stars are cropped to fit the back white form of the flag. I think it looks way better without them being cropped. Again, if you guys think different I would love to know about it.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 10.35.24 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-21 at 10.35.24 copy (resized).jpg

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

This will change the look of this game FOREVER..... Ohhhhh Yeeeeaaahhh!

I have to agree on that. This totally makes the game way better. That black side with just the logo has no logic whatsoever.

#20 4 years ago

Haha wasn’t even thinking of the finger pointing! Good call! of course I can’t cover that.
I will move him only a little and to compensate that it will have to be hogan to move to the left a little as well. Will try that tomorrow :p

#21 4 years ago

Had to make a full restore of these parts. because the original scans I have are... shit

The hard part is done. This should be ready today

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.22.33 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.22.33 copy (resized).jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.23.12 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.23.12 copy (resized).jpg

#22 4 years ago

Side all adjusted and balanced

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 13.30.58 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-22 at 13.30.58 copy (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago

The front

RR p cabinet Front (resized).jpgRR p cabinet Front (resized).jpg

#26 4 years ago

Yes there is a god!!

Lol

#27 4 years ago

Will the stars & stripes line up at the cabinet corners?? Or will that really complicate things?

They have this skewed look to match the same look from the side.
Is that what you are asking?
Anything is possible so if this is not what you asked please explain a little more?

#30 4 years ago

Oh I understand now!
Well, I could try that to see if it looks good. I doubt it would because to make the stripes match for the front, they would be huge on the front.
But I will try it.

For that I will need a favor. I need the exact measurement of the front and side cab.
I need the width and height of the front and just the width of the side. The wood area only.
If you can get me these numbers I will try it. The more precise you are the better it will be to apply and match the decals.

1287_wwf-royal-rumble (resized).jpg1287_wwf-royal-rumble (resized).jpg

#32 4 years ago

Made some matching side blades for it :p
BurnDizzyBurn, there's your The Warrior! muhahahah
Will send this when I am finished with the cabinet

WWF Royal umble - Prototype (resized).jpgWWF Royal umble - Prototype (resized).jpg

#33 4 years ago

Was doing this for a few weeks even before the idea of the cabinet decals, and finished it today.

royal rumble alternate translite (resized).jpgroyal rumble alternate translite (resized).jpg

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Damn man, I just bought one of the nicest WWFRR to still be in existance and now I need to find a shit one so I can do this conversion. Time for some head to head Royal Rumble action!

hahaha sorry I made your life more difficult

#37 4 years ago

Mockup on the machine.
I really like this one

royal rumble mockup copy (resized).jpgroyal rumble mockup copy (resized).jpg

#38 4 years ago

I know you guys are gonna like this version...

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.11.53 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.11.53 copy (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago

Updated the blades with Hart.

WWF Royal umble - Prototype (resized).jpgWWF Royal umble - Prototype (resized).jpg

#40 4 years ago

I am just waiting for the measurements of the cabinet to adjust the stripes and the project is finished. I guess it's finished later on today

The head:

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.41.48 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.41.48 copy (resized).jpg

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

Not sure how true to the original your trying to make this, but I have a couple suggestions.

Yes, I am doing a best I can accurate with the original prototype decals. The ones the artist first thought of before his legs were chopped and he had to make that shitty black logo side.

Quoted from badblackz:

Second, can the color gradient be changed in "Rumble". It seems like there's too much white in it and theres only 3 colors being used. I think it's missing the gold color like in the flyer.

As said, I am recreating the prototype decals. Here you can see the original pic on top and my redraw bellow. Can't get any more perfect than this

ce0fa87e1cc7ca795634f7950bf31f7d7582b090 (resized).pngce0fa87e1cc7ca795634f7950bf31f7d7582b090 (resized).png

Quoted from badblackz:

First can you make the logo on the front have the same detail as the logo on the sides?

Back then, a small logo like this would never been made with gradients, because the dots of the gradients (result of the printing technique used back then) are way too big to make small details, and on a logo this small which has smaller details it would look like shit. Would look like a mess.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

ient that goes from blue to wh

You mean like this? vvvvv
It looks nice, but it kinda looks out of place. I don't know, seems way too much information for this piece. The art of the logo is so detailed that it kinda starts to compete with hogan. hmmm...

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 15.38.33 copy (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-01-24 at 15.38.33 copy (resized).jpg

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

I see what you're saying about the front logo, I didn't think about the size of it and the how the gradient is created with the dots.

Even so I am putting the front logo with gradients. Made some tests and it looks good. Gonna have to redraw the gradients to the small size though.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from badblackz:

BTW - If you still need it, I can get you dimensions of the cab later tonight.

Thanks! BurnDizzyBurn already measured it gave the details to me. I am finishing up already

#50 4 years ago

And it's done!!
Adjusted the reds a little to make em more powerful. Had to put targets on the corners to make it easier to install and align the stripes. And some adjustments here and there, like the logo with dot gradients on the front.

Doink version:

royal rumble prototype cabinet decals (resized).jpgroyal rumble prototype cabinet decals (resized).jpg

Hart and The Warrior version:

royal rumble prototype cabinet decals HW (resized).jpgroyal rumble prototype cabinet decals HW (resized).jpg

A mockup with everything.
(it's just a shitty mockup. The stripes are not aligned here. I think the head is stern's lol.)

wwf royal rumble prototype copy (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype copy (resized).jpg

#51 4 years ago

This is the most exciting pinball project I’ve seen to date! Take my money

haha!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥

#54 4 years ago

With this new pack, the machine will now look amazing with some color on the metal parts.

Which one is your favorite?

I say yellow is the best.

wwf royal rumble prototype y copy (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype y copy (resized).jpg

wwf royal rumble prototype r copy (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype r copy (resized).jpg

wwf royal rumble prototype b copy (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype b copy (resized).jpg

wwf royal rumble prototype w copy (resized).jpgwwf royal rumble prototype w copy (resized).jpg

#58 4 years ago

You know I am gonna want pictures when you install them

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I'd like my game back...

Lol price just went up 1k for the machine :p

1 month later
#65 4 years ago

WOW!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-prototype-cabinet-decals?tu=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.