Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180805_124805 (resized).jpg
20180805_124756 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Check to make sure all of your wires are connected properly to the board. You might have one connector plugged in wrong and it needs to be moved over by one pin.

#7 5 years ago

Alright first C18 shouldn't have a connector so that's normal

Your burnt J5 is probably the reason why you don't have all your lights. That connector is what powers all the lights that are out in your game. When you get new fuses or a circuit breaker (more on that later) keep J5 unplugged and start up your game if the flippers work and nothing blows then it's definitely that connector. With J5 unplugged you should lose the GI lights but the game should work like normal.

Unrelated to the connector but sometimes the coin door switches need to be pushed in or pulled out for the flippers ball eject and the rest of the coils to work. It's a safety put into the games so when you have the coin door open you don't shock yourself by accident. Theres been times I was fixing my game and I forgot to push or pull out the switch and the game will start but no flippers or ball eject.

Your videos were pretty good but I personally wouldn't be able to tell if all your connections on the top row are on the right spots especially the ribbon cables. Though they are facing the right way cause the red line faces the right side of the game when looking at it.

Here's a few things you might want to invest in

First is a NVRAM extremely easy to install on Royal Rumble just unplug one chip and put in this one. This will eliminate the need for the 3 double A batteries. It'll save your scores and settings. And won't leak battery acid on your board. There are cheaper places to get them but pintech will make sure you get the correct and best one for your game.
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Also if you plan on getting more pins (or even if you don't) look at getting a few different rated ones of these circuit breakers. Great for chasing shorts you won't need to keep wasting fuses. Just push (or twist) and they reset.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=56

They are just for testing though. Once you fix the Short you can go back to a regular fuse.

Also greatplainselectronics.com is a great web site for buying a new J5 connector, pins and fuses.

Lastly this one isn't a necessity like the other 2 but more of a shameless plug. A color screen DMD looks really nice. Heard the guy that colored it is awesome as well
http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-wwf-royal-rumble-pinball-machine/

Hope this helps.

#10 5 years ago

I wonder if you got the wrong NVRAM. Some are modded for different brand games. Take a pic of yours when you get a chance but it's not a priority right now.

The smoke coming from one of the coils means there's a short somewhere to that coil. It could be wires are crossed somewhere or the driving transistor is bad and will need to be replaced. What coil was smoking? Try to follow the wires from it and see if something doesn't look right. Also inspect the coil. If the inside is melted or the wire on the coil is broke now it will need to be replaced. If you turned the power off quick enough you might have saved the coil.

I'm not following what you mean about your test IC chip? I am no means a professional pinball repairman so it could just be my lack of knowledge but I never heard of someone needing a test IC chip. Unless you have a second IC chip from another game that you know works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillymadison.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-pinball-repair?tu=phillymadison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.