3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by darowla
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darowla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I am bit of a lurker here but this has been fantastic for getting info to get somewhere, so I been trying to solve the missing sounds from the WWF Royal Rumble that we have, but sadly I am still struggling:-

This is the later board, 520-5126-02 the drawings I have is from the 520-5077-00, the game was working with sound from the previous owner but sold to us with many faults. We put the power supply back together, got the +12 -12 +5 and the board generates it's own -5 and they are fine.

I have data movement from the CPU board, the PIA chip is pulsing data which I measured from the CPU board.
I have measured the CPU/Soundboard ribbon cable end to end with fine wires going into the end, I get a measurement/beep.
I can hear amplifier, can make noise out of the amps, the volume also makes the amp raise in loudness.
I changed the U19 and U20 chips with some I bought online.
I changed the D Flip Flops at U8, U27, U1 and changed the U5 and U4

What do u get on pins 10,11 and 12 of U27?

Presume I am correct, the BSMT goes Reset high on pin4 after power on?

Does the CPU board affect the Reset signal? in other words when the sound board is on the bench the reset signal remains low?

Help will be appreciated.

Dave

Video of me discussing it

#2 3 years ago

Ok, update on this... i changed the sound board to another but the 520-5077.

I thought I was in luck as it started 'welcome to WWF Royal Rumble' but nothing else

I experimented with the chips on the board, the CPU and the BSMT chip, both seems to be working

Just found about Leon PIA chip test which I burn, hoping to probe down the line to see how far it goes, I am hoping it will trigger a sound, I am presuming thats how it works lol , will Leons Chip make a noise or will I just see logic True / False .

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darowla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-royal-rumble-no-sound-but-bsmt2000-reset-pin-low?tu=darowla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.