Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180521_204553 (resized).jpg
20180510_221423 (resized).jpg
20180510_221438 (resized).jpg
20180510_221429 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Picked up a WWF Royal Rumble at Allentown. Made deal prior to show. Day of show seller (Nice Guy) stated that it started blowing F3 Fuse (GI & Coin Door) on PPB board. Knocked a some cash off price so I was good. Just a GI Problem

Figured it would be easy fix. Replaced fuse and sure enough F3 Blew. I took all bulbs out of the F3 Fuse (Purple with Black stripe and Solid Black) line and powered game on, fuse does not blow.
Checked voltage at sockets and I am not getting power to sockets (very odd). All test point are good coming off power board and pins. My next step is to reflow solder on pins on PPB board. As I was looking at the other boards the MPU caught my eye. I noticed that the new MPU board (Rottendog) looks a little off with the way the connectors are placed on the board. Its been awhile since Ive owned a WWf. Please see my pictures and tell me if something is off. Any help is much appreciated. any pics of someones board would help.

Thank you

20180510_221429 (resized).jpg20180510_221429 (resized).jpg

20180510_221438 (resized).jpg20180510_221438 (resized).jpg

20180510_221423 (resized).jpg20180510_221423 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

heres what i would do put everything back the way it was without the bulbs,then power up the game and put in the bulbs back in one at a time,the bulb/socket that blows the fuse would be suspect.piece of metal touching socket ect.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

heres what i would do put everything back the way it was without the bulbs,then power up the game and put in the bulbs back in one at a time,the bulb/socket that blows the fuse would be suspect.piece of metal touching socket ect.

That was my plan. I used a good bulb to test each socket individually. The good bulb doesn't come on in any socket. That's when I checked voltage. Maybe I'll socket them all up and see what happens tonight.

Also did you see the upper right of my mpu board. Any thoughts?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Also did you see the upper right of my mpu board. Any thoughts?

i just took a look and the connector is longer than the header pins,are you sure thats the correct board installed?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

i just took a look and the connector is longer than the header pins,are you sure thats the correct board installed?

No doubt that's in the wrong place. Hoping to see a pic of someones set up.
Yes, board is right

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

No doubt that's in the wrong place. Hoping to see a pic of someones set up.
Yes, board is right

ok but im looking around the board and dont see where that connector would go,if you have the manual look at the schematics and see where it would go

#7 5 years ago

My middle picture has a free floating connector with the purple wire with black strip. Can anyone confirm, should be free floating or should be connected somewhere?

Thank you

#8 5 years ago

This game has the WRONG power board!!!!

Hopefully this will fix my issue. Ordered tonight.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

This game has the WRONG power board!!!!
Hopefully this will fix my issue. Ordered tonight.

That's what i was thinking..the board in the game is williams system 11

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

That's what i was thinking..the board in the game is williams system 11

Cycloneman thanks for help!

Believe it or not the mpu is correct, even with the connector hanging off the right side. The main power board is the one that is wrong.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Cycloneman thanks for help!
Believe it or not the mpu is correct, even with the connector hanging off the right side. The main power board is the one that is wrong.

your welcome,have fun!!

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

20180521_204553 (resized).jpg20180521_204553 (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago

Awesome! Fully working now?

#14 5 years ago

Yes fully working!
Amazing what happens when you put the right power board in!
Maybe the seller thought it was the right one. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-gi-and-board-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.