image.jpg
image.jpg
apron.jpg
hulk.jpg
under.jpg
DSCF2008.JPG
image.jpg
Randy-Jackson[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnewton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

There's a lot of game there for the money. The theme most likely does it in for most. Now, as a lifelong wrasslin fan, (More Memphis than WWF, but I was a Hulkamanianc lol), it works for me. Although it is based in that time period where the WWF was in a downswing, before the Attitude boom, some of the guys on there are pretty hilarious in hindsight. I absolutely love mine, and it will never leave my collection.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I've been wishing someone would bring one to a show here in the Bay Area. I really want to try this game out, at least outside of pinmame. If I don't get to try it out a year from now, I'm likely going to just give up and find one to purchase (I wonder how many people have actually done that...gave up looking for a game to play and just straight bought it JUST so they could try it).
Honestly, the theme is kind of embarrassing for most people. There's just no getting around that. It's a product developed and marketed mainly towards little kids. I mean, I'm a fan of the 80's stuff and even I blush admitting that to people.
Sid wrasslin rant: I'm a big Savage fan and this machine, unfortunately, represents the one era of his character that I didn't like (I tuned out of wrestling as a kid shortly before this and when I tried re-watching it as an adult, wound up just going back to the 80's stuff). I also dig watching the old Memphis era stuff off Youtube, even though I was never exposed to it as a kid. The whole Poffo Family/renegade promotion thing they did in Memphis made them come off completely nuts. When Savage pile drove Ricky Morton through a table, I'm pretty sure half the crowd thought they had just witnessed a murder.

I've been in the same boat with buying games just to play them, so I completely understand...On the Macho Man, I agree once he went to the tassles/neon cowboy/"Snap in to a Slim Jim" stuff he lost alot of his appeal to me as well. I'll never forget when he first showed up in Memphis, he had an amazing feud with Lawler, and yes, as 8-9 year old kid I thought Randy was nuts and was gonna kill "the King" lol. Anybody that knows much about Randy knows that back in those days he pretty much was nuts(living the gimmick brother). Now where is RD Reynolds in this thread when we need him? He's the wrestling and pinball expert!

#25 11 years ago

I noticed that too! I picked this up at the flea market to replace the "classic" Macho Man that is currently on my playfield...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 26.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jnewton.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-gameplay-wheres-the-love?tu=jnewton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.