image.jpg
image.jpg
apron.jpg
hulk.jpg
under.jpg
DSCF2008.JPG
image.jpg
Randy-Jackson[1].jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

+1

I have fond memories of early 90s ECW PPV.
They were always the best.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

middle ramp is super hard to hit!

I find it pretty easy to hit, from either flipper. Short shot. But after lighting the scoops, repeated shots don't do much (which is a good thing!)

#54 11 years ago

Everytime I think about sellin mineg I play a game and the thought vanishes instantly

1 month later
#55 11 years ago

Bumping out of curiosity: did anyone repro the proto translite? I understand the business politics on why they didn't run with it, but it is so much cooler than the production one.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Love the Darth Vader cameo!

Crypt Keeper? Darth Vader!? Umm, maybe I need to check my sounds rom versions but I have this and have never heard any other voices than of the WWF superstars. Crazy.

#57 11 years ago

OH YEAHHHHHHH!

That beggining theme music gets stuck in my head for days. I do miss my WWFRR... Am semi-actively looking for another one.

#58 11 years ago

This thread is killing me. I'm looking to buy this game so stop sharing the love
One day it will find a way in my collection.

#59 11 years ago

I sold mine

Gets picked up this Saturday.

Fantastic game, gonna miss it

Maybe the buyer will back out & I can keep it a while longer lol

#60 11 years ago

I love my WWF, I was lucky enough to find a huo one a year and a half ago and it's always been a keeper since. Only thing it's missing is Andre The Giant.

#61 11 years ago

The only chance of the buyer backing out is if he spends all his money in East St Louis Friday night and is broke, lol.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

middle ramp is super hard to hit!

Quoted from StevenP:

I find it pretty easy to hit, from either flipper. Short shot. But after lighting the scoops, repeated shots don't do much (which is a good thing!)

I find it easy from the left flipper when I get it going but I miss at times with the right.

I have seen pics of the proto but do not know where to get it.

#63 11 years ago

I think he was being sarcastic about the middle ramp. This is Ffej we are talking about.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

The only chance of the buyer backing out is if he spends all his money in East St Louis Friday night and is broke, lol.

If that happens its ok, just invite me (icust298 is the buyer lol).

It's been a while since I made it rain for Ginger & Sinnamon.

#65 11 years ago

I love this game. I've had mine for about 11 years and would not part with it. Best part is I bought it for $150 and it had $175 in quarters in the tray (I returned them though.) Great game.

1 week later
#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Crypt Keeper? Darth Vader!? Umm, maybe I need to check my sounds rom versions but I have this and have never heard any other voices than of the WWF superstars. Crazy.

They're definitely in there. I think they trigger sometimes when you hit the hole but mode is not lit.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Twice. It's very difficult to accomplish. WWFRR doesn't have the best playfield for controlling a multi, and two of the three jackpots can only be shot from one flipper or the other. The middle jackpot is easy, but hitting the other two while keeping the balls in play is tough, then you have to hit them again, then again....
It's a fun game, not the best kinetic playfield but definitely a nice changeup in a collection as nothing else will play like it at all. I enjoyed mine for years and recently sold it.

Wow that's amazing. I keep trying and trying to win it, it is amazingly hard. Makes most other wiz modes look super simple by comparison!!

1 month later
#68 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

They're definitely in there. I think they trigger sometimes when you hit the hole but mode is not lit.

I definitely need to listen for these as I had no idea!

I got mine in a package deal and originally had no interest in the theme but after playing it I see why everyone loves it regardless of the theme. Very Fun game!

#69 10 years ago

Love this game.
The only thing missing for me is the ULTIMATE WARRIOR.

Trying to play on both play fields as once during multiball is always a challenge.
Not to mention the most difficult wizard mode I've ever played.

Prices are rising on this sleeper so grab one while you can.
It's the biggest bang for the buck pin I have and has it all:

Widebody (built like a tank)
Two playfields
Shaker motor
7 drop targets
Metal ramps and habitrails
6 Ball Multiball
Video Mode
Awesome animations and sound package (every wrestler theme)

OK, I'm off to play a few games

ps. cryptkepper triggers when you collect the RIP jackpot from the undertaker drops. under.jpgunder.jpg
apron.jpgapron.jpg
hulk.jpghulk.jpg

#70 10 years ago

The gameplay is definitely underrated and is packed with a lot of little homages to other Data East games (Crypt Keeper cackle appeared randomly when hitting the DEAD targets and I am very sure I heard Darth Vader breathing at one point). I am glad I pulled the trigger on mine and got it ready for PAGG. The only modification I made was LED's under inserts and colored bulbs under the coffin.

Speaking of Multiball, I've earned all 9 jackpots, but holy crap then the difficulty gets insane. It looks like you need to get to the upper ring, knock all the targets down, then make the upper lock shot. That is just insane and calls for some serious staged flipper + cradle skills. I also love that add-a-ball is "don't cradle for 20 seconds". The risk/reward of that is so great. It really takes into consideration the two major styles of multiball play.

My only negative is an overall negative of a lot of Data Easts: I can't turn the third ball "pity multiball lit" off without turning on a tournament mode...which sucks because I lose the cool attract mode (Deathball 2000!) and high scores. I'm running the earliest rom revision, does anyone know if they added being able to turn this off in later revisions?

Anyways...mine is sitting at the EBP league spot right now (Phoenix Games backroom in Concord CA btw) and everyone tends to say the same thing: "This game is surprisingly good". I haven't heard anything negative about the gameplay yet. Next stop for my game is CAX before finally coming home to stay.

As a side: I wish I could find a replica life-sized Macho King crown to add as a topper.

#71 10 years ago

it's mostly because is says DE on it. If it said B/W on it, it would be a 4k game.

#72 10 years ago

One of my favourite pins and it will never leave my collection - the ultimate wrestlingmemorabilia and a nice addition to my approx 100 wrestlingfigures!

#73 10 years ago

Does anyone know off hand what the latest sound and CPU ROM versions are?

Also how do you get video mode? I select it before I hit the plunger/tag button but I don't notice anything different happening.

#74 10 years ago

I really liked my WWF. The game play is good. I like the mini playfield. The shaker motor goes good with the theme.
As an aside, this game is a memorial to the professional wrestlers who have passed.
Has anyone else noticed that approx. 50% of the featured wrestlers are all dead now?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

My only negative is an overall negative of a lot of Data Easts: I can't turn the third ball "pity multiball lit" off without turning on a tournament mode...which sucks because I lose the cool attract mode (Deathball 2000!) and high scores.

I always wondered what Deathball 2000 would have looked like. Figures, DE was actually planning on releasing an original theme for the first time in years and it never saw the light of day.

Sorry for going slightly off topic there.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Also how do you get video mode? I select it before I hit the plunger/tag button but I don't notice anything different happening.

I think it is giving you a bonus for the No Holds Barred video mode (dunno if it is points or just makes it easier). One I can't figure out is the Pandemonium skill shot. What is it adding to Pandemonium? It obviously is not starting the mode right away.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I think it is giving you a bonus for the No Holds Barred video mode (dunno if it is points or just makes it easier). One I can't figure out is the Pandemonium skill shot. What is it adding to Pandemonium? It obviously is not starting the mode right away.

It give you 3 ball multiball when you start pandemonium. The modes stays on if you drain the other two balls.

Fun game!

#79 10 years ago

Thank you very much, Movingpictures! (Great album by Rush, too)

#80 10 years ago

Anyone got one of these they want to get rid of....I have been looking for one in Indiana with little to no luck....pm or email me at [email protected] thanks.

3 weeks later
#81 10 years ago

Ok acquired my Wwf so I could feel the love. Now need some help. I do not have the tag button it has been swapped out with a red round button. It works just fine but I would like to get it back to original. I ordered the button from Bay Area amusements but realize it won't fit into the housing that holds the red button because they are different shapes. Does anyone have a source on a game being parted out or where I could get the housing for one? Thanks!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Ok acquired my Wwf so I could feel the love. Now need some help. I do not have the tag button it has been swapped out with a red round button. It works just fine but I would like to get it back to original. I ordered the button from Bay Area amusements but realize it won't fit into the housing that holds the red button because they are different shapes. Does anyone have a source on a game being parted out or where I could get the housing for one? Thanks!

IIRC the housing has a circular hole, so there is a chance you may have the original housing. It's just the exterior of the button that is square.

#83 10 years ago

Okay that's awesome news. I hope so because its a big circle ill post picture when I get home.

#84 10 years ago

ya, almost all buttons have a circular base even if they are square on top.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Video mode is actually rewarded during gameplay...it's a pretty lame one (just smash the flipper buttons as fast as you can), unless there's another one I don't know about.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay that's awesome news. I hope so because its a big circle ill post picture when I get home.

It will fit

It's a poker push button like this http://na.suzohapp.com/gaming_products/pushbuttons/D54-0004-51

I think most of what you see on your current machine is the oversized bezel of the push button.

Thanks for the beer

#87 10 years ago

Well that makes me very happy guys. Next week should have that, new glass, and micro switch and wwf be at 100 percen...tonight baywatch being set up!

#88 10 years ago

I love this game. Brings back some great memories of WWF when it was awesome. Check out macho man. This is one of the best promo vids ever!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Well that makes me very happy guys. Next week should have that, new glass, and micro switch and wwf be at 100 percen...tonight Baywatch being set up!

Glad you are enjoying it, it is a fun pin. I really enjoyed playing it when John had it.

#90 10 years ago

This is my favorite macho man interview...you know it's good when cocaine is in the title....also have to admit in third grade I was Bret hart for Halloween pink spandex and all....if we are all lucky my mom has a photo somewhere probably....great game and thanks for the tips guys!

#91 10 years ago

Randy Savage was light years ahead of the curve. All of his interviews are insane...these are just the tip of the iceberg.

But yeah, Royal Rumble is *highly* underrated. The rules are pretty clever and tie into the theme and playfield layout really well.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

There's a lot of game there for the money. The theme most likely does it in for most. Now, as a lifelong wrasslin fan, (More Memphis than WWF, but I was a Hulkamanianc lol), it works for me. Although it is based in that time period where the WWF was in a downswing, before the Attitude boom, some of the guys on there are pretty hilarious in hindsight. I absolutely love mine, and it will never leave my collection.

I haven't read the whole thread so I am sure this has been covered but I'll say it anyway . . .

A new wrestling game featuring the "Legends of Wrestling" with a big focus on the attitude era would likely be a huge smash hit. Heck, you could even had a wizard mode where you tossed in Sting since WWE/F owns the rights to all of the old WCW IP.

I still watch wrestling every now and again. Would love a pin featuring the legends.

#93 10 years ago

So breaking news Doink the Clown is dead....terrible tragedy. However I believe in his honor all wwfrr are now minimum 5K...I'll take the hit and sell mine first.....

Jk.....
But seriously seems like being featured on this game may be a curse of sorts.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So breaking news Doink the Clown is dead....terrible tragedy. However I believe in his honor all wwfrr are now minimum 5K...I'll take the hit and sell mine first.....

Needs to have an autographed backglass.

#95 10 years ago

I will take care of that

#96 10 years ago

I think the only curse here is just the circumstance of being a wrestler. A lot of these older generation wrestlers seemed to be abusing some sort of recreational substance, while combining questionable steroid use and often topping it all off with pain killers.

Doink was near his 60's, which is, sadly, pretty damned old compared to the lifespan of his peers.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I think the only curse here is just the circumstance of being a wrestler. A lot of these older generation wrestlers seemed to be abusing some sort of recreational substance, while combining questionable steroid use and often topping it all off with pain killers.
Doink was near his 60's, which is, sadly, pretty damned old compared to the lifespan of his peers.

I think when Brian Pillman died in the 90's in his prime due to the HGH it really called a lot of attention to the problem ... but the problem has not ceased. It continues. Wrestling is tough, no off season and you work through injuries, getting addicted to the pain killers would probably be easy.

I sure wish they would do a legends game.

#98 10 years ago

WWFRR is actually towards the top of the list of games I want to play and haven't had a chance to. Looks like it would be fun, and I hear exclusively good things about it.

I don't care for wrestling now (and really haven't for the past 15 years - since I was a kid), this was in from the era where I would've enjoyed wrestling, so the theme doesn't turn me off.

#99 10 years ago

"WWFRR is actually towards the top of the list of games I want to play and haven't had a chance to. Looks like it would be fun, and I hear exclusively good things about it."

If you ever head towards Purdue hit me up and come play a few rounds.

#100 10 years ago

Great news the tag button arrived today...amazingly quick service and has already been successfully installed...I am not going to lie I'm a little proud of myself...garage sale that's going on however is not going well do to rain it's my CPR black knight fundraiser and so far funds are slow.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-gameplay-wheres-the-love/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.