image.jpg
image.jpg
apron.jpg
hulk.jpg
under.jpg
DSCF2008.JPG
image.jpg
Randy-Jackson[1].jpg

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I've been really enjoying my Royal Rumble and wonder why others don't share the love!?!

Here's a game I recorded tonight....

#2 11 years ago

Ohhhhh Yeeeeeeah

#3 11 years ago

There's a lot of game there for the money. The theme most likely does it in for most. Now, as a lifelong wrasslin fan, (More Memphis than WWF, but I was a Hulkamanianc lol), it works for me. Although it is based in that time period where the WWF was in a downswing, before the Attitude boom, some of the guys on there are pretty hilarious in hindsight. I absolutely love mine, and it will never leave my collection.

#4 11 years ago

I like it too!

Here's my gameplay video:

#5 11 years ago

Is that a Crypt Keeper cameo I heard in the game?

#6 11 years ago

Most underrated pin ever IMO. An absolute blast. It's completely the theme that is its worst enemy. If this was rethemed to something more "popular" then it would be a top player for sure!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Is that a Crypt Keeper cameo I heard in the game?

Yup. There's several DE game sound byte cameos in it.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

There's a lot of game there for the money. The theme most likely does it in for most. Now, as a lifelong wrasslin fan, (More Memphis than WWF, but I was a Hulkamanianc lol), it works for me. Although it is based in that time period where the WWF was in a downswing, before the Attitude boom, some of the guys on there are pretty hilarious in hindsight. I absolutely love mine, and it will never leave my collection.

I've been wishing someone would bring one to a show here in the Bay Area. I really want to try this game out, at least outside of pinmame. If I don't get to try it out a year from now, I'm likely going to just give up and find one to purchase (I wonder how many people have actually done that...gave up looking for a game to play and just straight bought it JUST so they could try it).

Honestly, the theme is kind of embarrassing for most people. There's just no getting around that. It's a product developed and marketed mainly towards little kids. I mean, I'm a fan of the 80's stuff and even I blush admitting that to people.

Sid wrasslin rant: I'm a big Savage fan and this machine, unfortunately, represents the one era of his character that I didn't like (I tuned out of wrestling as a kid shortly before this and when I tried re-watching it as an adult, wound up just going back to the 80's stuff). I also dig watching the old Memphis era stuff off Youtube, even though I was never exposed to it as a kid. The whole Poffo Family/renegade promotion thing they did in Memphis made them come off completely nuts. When Savage pile drove Ricky Morton through a table, I'm pretty sure half the crowd thought they had just witnessed a murder.

#9 11 years ago

I've been really enjoying my Royal Rumble and wonder why others don't share the love!?!
Here's a game I recorded tonight.... » YouTube video

Not pitchy enough, dog.

(PS. What's up, Brad? It's Steve from Vermont.)

Randy-Jackson[1].jpgRandy-Jackson[1].jpg

#10 11 years ago

Love the table. And yes its true, the theme really does seem to put people off. I'm a pro wrestling fan, so if anything the table scores much more higher points to me than most.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

I've been wishing someone would bring one to a show here in the Bay Area. I really want to try this game out, at least outside of pinmame. If I don't get to try it out a year from now, I'm likely going to just give up and find one to purchase (I wonder how many people have actually done that...gave up looking for a game to play and just straight bought it JUST so they could try it).
Honestly, the theme is kind of embarrassing for most people. There's just no getting around that. It's a product developed and marketed mainly towards little kids. I mean, I'm a fan of the 80's stuff and even I blush admitting that to people.
Sid wrasslin rant: I'm a big Savage fan and this machine, unfortunately, represents the one era of his character that I didn't like (I tuned out of wrestling as a kid shortly before this and when I tried re-watching it as an adult, wound up just going back to the 80's stuff). I also dig watching the old Memphis era stuff off Youtube, even though I was never exposed to it as a kid. The whole Poffo Family/renegade promotion thing they did in Memphis made them come off completely nuts. When Savage pile drove Ricky Morton through a table, I'm pretty sure half the crowd thought they had just witnessed a murder.

I've been in the same boat with buying games just to play them, so I completely understand...On the Macho Man, I agree once he went to the tassles/neon cowboy/"Snap in to a Slim Jim" stuff he lost alot of his appeal to me as well. I'll never forget when he first showed up in Memphis, he had an amazing feud with Lawler, and yes, as 8-9 year old kid I thought Randy was nuts and was gonna kill "the King" lol. Anybody that knows much about Randy knows that back in those days he pretty much was nuts(living the gimmick brother). Now where is RD Reynolds in this thread when we need him? He's the wrestling and pinball expert!

#12 11 years ago

I'm right here.

And yes, this game is awesome. Been preaching that for years! TONS of depth and a completely insane wizard mode!

I also am a HUGE Randy Savage fan, and his best stuff was pre-WrestleMania III, specifically the localized promos they used to do. Honestly, when WWE announced that Bruno Sammartino was going into the Hall of Fame this year, the absolute first thing I thought of was this:

Put some mustard on the hot dog! OH YEAH!!!

(Cheap shill also for my website, http://wrestlecrap.com/ )

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Yup. There's several DE game sound byte cameos in it.

Love the Darth Vader cameo!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Here's a game I recorded tonight.... » YouTube video

Looks good, love the LED job.

#15 11 years ago

I like wwf. Would like to have one again

#16 11 years ago

I honestly miss my WWFRR more than I miss my MM.

Then again, I know of at least 4 MMs within 1 hour drive and ZERO WWFRRs.

;(

#17 11 years ago

Gameplay is fine, its the callouts which annoy me.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'm right here.
And yes, this game is awesome. Been preaching that for years! TONS of depth and a completely insane wizard mode!
I also am a HUGE Randy Savage fan, and his best stuff was pre-WrestleMania III, specifically the localized promos they used to do. Honestly, when WWE announced that Bruno Sammartino was going into the Hall of Fame this year, the absolute first thing I thought of was this:
» YouTube video
Put some mustard on the hot dog! OH YEAH!!!
(Cheap shill also for my website, http://wrestlecrap.com/ )

Loving the revamped website, RD! Glad to see that after 13 years the site is still going strong and better than ever!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I've been in the same boat with buying games just to play them, so I completely understand...On the Macho Man, I agree once he went to the tassles/neon cowboy/"Snap in to a Slim Jim" stuff he lost alot of his appeal to me as well. I'll never forget when he first showed up in Memphis, he had an amazing feud with Lawler, and yes, as 8-9 year old kid I thought Randy was nuts and was gonna kill "the King" lol. Anybody that knows much about Randy knows that back in those days he pretty much was nuts(living the gimmick brother). Now where is RD Reynolds in this thread when we need him? He's the wrestling and pinball expert!

The highlight I have seen, so far, out of that feud is the promo of Randy mocking Lawler's dead Dad ("Shining in the Night" promo is hilariously cold, it's on YT, but it's too long to put here). From the stories I've read about crowds getting so pissed they would stab/shoot bad guy wrestlers in-between the dressing room and the ring, I am surprised Randy survived the early 80's cutting promos like that.

...and since I mentioned it. Listen to the crowd reaction:

Sorry. I am way OT now.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Most underrated pin ever IMO. An absolute blast. It's completely the theme that is its worst enemy. If this was rethemed to something more "popular" then it would be a top player for sure!

You might be right but it's a shame.

WWF was such an important part of popular culture back in the 80's. So many years of great entertainment. I don't know how this theme could possibly be belittled. Wrestlemania was HUGE. Hulkamania was HUGE. Campy? Sure ... but still very entertaining.

WWF:RR offers a great design with gameplay that doesn't intimidate 'amateurs' but still challenges more seasoned pinball players, imho.

#21 11 years ago

I love the game, but the constant sounds of grunting guys really turns me away from it. If it was a different theme i would love it even more.

#22 11 years ago

I hated watching the wrestling but love my pin. You can actually play the upper pf.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Loving the revamped website, RD! Glad to see that after 13 years the site is still going strong and better than ever!

Thanks! Hard to believe I've been working on it that long... LOL

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I hated watching the wrestling but love my pin. You can actually play the upper pf.

It's funny...the upper PF on WWFRR has the same shot as what WOZ has, where you can loop it for millions. Hmmm...

#25 11 years ago

I noticed that too! I picked this up at the flea market to replace the "classic" Macho Man that is currently on my playfield...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Anybody know if there is a dedicated fuse for the miniplyfield inserts??

2 weeks later
#27 11 years ago

Bumping...cause now I am a part of the club. Ordering parts and cleaning off 10+ years of dirt/dust off this thing.

#28 11 years ago

Reading this thread reminds me my WWFRR has been in need of repair for the last 6 months. I was thinking of selling as a project but it's really a great pin. I love the drop targets on the upper playfield!

#29 11 years ago

I love my rumble,when i got it was pretty worse for wear,being my first and only pin so far i didnt know what to look for,but thanx to some of the great pinsiders in the states,taking time to send pictures and advice on fixing switches,its up and going full steam..thanx again..its time to rumble..

DSCF2008.JPGDSCF2008.JPG

#30 11 years ago

I love the 90s WWF cheese.
Things have gotten too serious lately...

#31 11 years ago

Terrible news. Paul Bearer is dead.

http://www.mercurynews.com/obituaries/ci_22733126/wwe-says-william-moody-aka-paul-bearer-has

Another performer featured on this game that isn't around anymore.

#32 11 years ago

one of the best data east imo except for maybe jp

#33 11 years ago

The art on the left inlane is a bit odd, not sure if that was done on purpose.

#34 11 years ago

I'd really love to play one of these, but I haven't seen one on location or at a show. Are they reasonably rare? Does anyone know of one on location (or for sale, maybe) in the bay area?

#35 11 years ago

Great game and people who've played mine really like it. (now in storage with a tough-to fix glitch) I really like selecting the next mode with the 3 main pf shots, and the tight scoop shots needed to start them. Some modes seem just too short though.

What I would LOVE is to do a custom conversion of my RR to a classic Mid-90's ECW game! Black cab with ECW barbed wire; tunes like thunder kiss '65, enter the sandman, etc.; Joey Styles sound clips [OHHH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!!}; characters like Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Douglas, Sabu and RVD, the Dudleys, BWO, the Eliminators and Gangstas..... I would pay big $$$ for some skilled person to do this conversion (cab and pf artwork, new audio and dots, maybe tweak the rules a bit...) Any takers? *sigh* I miss those days and nights at the bingo hall...

#36 11 years ago

Oh Yeah. Feelin the love brotha

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I miss those days and nights at the bingo hall...

I am jealous. Some of that would have been amazing to see live.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I'd really love to play one of these, but I haven't seen one on location or at a show. Are they reasonably rare? Does anyone know of one on location (or for sale, maybe) in the bay area?

I'd been sitting around waiting for one to pop up at shows for years. Finally gave up and just bought it very recently (bumped into it randomly in a dark, dank corner...unloved and dirty). If I get mine cleaned and playable I'll consider taking it to CAX or PAGG so people can try it out.

#40 11 years ago

I have ways wanted to try it and heard its quite fun.

#41 11 years ago

i have a wwf and for 500 euro here in the netherland its an oke game with shake en aboxing video nice game play and muuultyballll

#42 11 years ago

WWF is one of my top pins!! will never be getting rid of it

#43 11 years ago

The theme does nothing for me but it sure is fun. It has probably my favorite upper playfield of a more "modern" game.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

I am jealous. Some of that would have been amazing to see live.

Check out the ECW Barely Legal PPV DVD. When RVD is outside the ring during his match, and goes to the rail in the corner for a flip, I'm the guy who gets shoved on my ass by him. And I'm back up 3 seconds later, screaming my fool head off and clapping. [Found it, at around 1:50

]

Lots of the wrestlers used to hang out at the hotel bar after shows to drink and shot the sh!t. And a Tony Luke's cheesesteak after the show always killed....

#45 11 years ago

Has anyone completed the royal rumble. I have gotten close a few times but still haven't completed getting the the wrestlers out of the ring.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Check out the ECW Barely Legal PPV DVD. When RVD is outside the ring during his match, and goes to the rail in the corner for a flip, I'm the guy who gets shoved on my ass by him. And I'm back up 3 seconds later, screaming my fool head off and clapping. [Found it, at around 1:50 » YouTube video
Lots of the wrestlers used to hang out at the hotel bar after shows to drink and shot the sh!t. And a Tony Luke's cheesesteak after the show always killed....

Very cool. You were lucky to be part of that.

#47 11 years ago

The gameplay is fantastic, and being an old school wrestling fan, makes WWFRR one of my fav pins. It was not long after I discovered this title, and watched a few youtube videos for it, that I knew I had to have it! This is one pin that won't be leaving my collection!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Has anyone completed the Royal Rumble. I have gotten close a few times but still haven't completed getting the the wrestlers out of the ring.

Twice. It's very difficult to accomplish. WWFRR doesn't have the best playfield for controlling a multi, and two of the three jackpots can only be shot from one flipper or the other. The middle jackpot is easy, but hitting the other two while keeping the balls in play is tough, then you have to hit them again, then again....

It's a fun game, not the best kinetic playfield but definitely a nice changeup in a collection as nothing else will play like it at all. I enjoyed mine for years and recently sold it.

#49 11 years ago

$10k by Christmas!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Check out the ECW Barely Legal PPV DVD. When RVD is outside the ring during his match, and goes to the rail in the corner for a flip, I'm the guy who gets shoved on my ass by him. And I'm back up 3 seconds later, screaming my fool head off and clapping. [Found it, at around 1:50 » YouTube video

loved the old ecw stuff, i think RVD is on TNA impact now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 26.50
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwf-gameplay-wheres-the-love and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.