Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
TRUDEAU_WWE.jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for posting Robin. This stuff gets real old. If people don't want to buy a game, then don't buy it. No reason to whine and roast everyone about it. I really don't get it...

Seems pretty obvious to me what the point is. They are genuinely mad that they have spent in some cases 10s of thousands of dollars on games that are more than 12 months old, have no communication, and are still missing many features being coded into the game.

You are right that it has gotten very old but the complaints are still completely valid and if Stern is reading teh forum and cared about their customer base then they should do something about it.

I know a few guys still sitting with STLEs that have unused hardware because it is still not coded at all.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for posting Robin. This stuff gets real old. If people don't want to buy a game, then don't buy it. No reason to whine and roast everyone about it. I really don't get it...

I get it.People spend 8K on a toy and want completed software.No novice,newbie is going to notice whether the code is complete and very few novice newbies buy games NIB.
So the experienced pinheads who drop that kind of coin on a game notice EVERYTHING about it.and in my opinion have the right to voice a complaint.

Movies that cost millions get bad reviews.Im sure the director,actors writers are all hurt when the movie gets slammed,but thats what happens when you release to the public.

Same for pinball machines and the guys and gals that work on them.

Its tough out here....do better.....wear armor.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who was the designer of WWE?
From the talk around here it sounds as if this is not a favored theme, but I don't thik it's bad, not as bad a theme as Mustang imo

Mustang Pro is a fun game to play.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Enough already! I'm getting really tired of seeing these types of posts. I REALLY am. You sound like a broken record. Yes we get it, you hate unfinished code on games. Guess what? We all do. But Stern is a business and their decisions are not all always going to be in our (the collectors) best interest.
If you disagree with the way Stern does business, you should call them and voice your concerns. Or, if you really feel the need to complain in public, start a thread on Pinside and address the company and what you think they are doing wrong. Or ultimately, you can also vote with your wallet and buy a game from another manufacturer. It's a free country.
But please stop being so negative. Please stop attacking the people working on these games and pretty please stop making things so personal. Just because you know the programmers names doesn't mean you need to address them by it in every single post.
Let me give you my perspective: Having talked to some of these guys during my visit to Chicago in October, I can tell you that they are all extremely passionate about what they do. And they work pretty friggin' hard to make the games as awesome as possible with the time they're given. I also know some of these guys occasionally read Pinside, so I am personally ashamed to see some of the stuff people write about them here. Would you find it stimulating to read posts bashing your work on a daily basis?
Let's make 2015 a year of actually contributing in a positive manner to try and get things improved. If you want to help out and contribute to pinball and to this community, open a bugs thread for any specific game. Or open an ideas thread. I'm pretty sure these thread are being read by the Stern team and that they help them improve our games and code. That's what Pinside should be about.
Sorry if I sound upset, frankly I am. I don't think the Stern people (nor any of the guys working in pinball, also at other companies) deserve the crap they get from some people on here for things that are mostly out of their control.

I recently wrote an email to Stern in a very positive manner. Stating I love their games but neglecting things like the Boulder flashers on the ST LE/Prem model has to change. No one likes buying something and then not even having that feature emulated at all.

I have yet to receive a response to the letter.

I urge everyone that has purchased a Stern game and are unhappy with the programming to send a letter/email to Stern and state your issues but in a positive light.

#55 9 years ago

I don't know a lot about coding... but if Lyman is the "Director of Code", and essentially plays the games, comes up with rules, decides on balancing, and then delegates the actual coding, wouldn't that be favorable?

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

but if Lyman is the "Director of Code", and essentially plays the games, comes up with rules, decides on balancing, and then delegates the actual coding, wouldn't that be favorable?

I think the company would be far better off if Lyman took that role, but I was always under the belief he's a "coder" and that's what he does and chooses to do.

#57 9 years ago

To be fair I am very happy with TWD code so far. Needs more but a solid early release. I think we need to see how this code release is handled .
Either way I agree that waiting for games to be in the market will show stern we have expectations. They will still sell games but ones that they show are worth buying vs the preorder and take away that incentive mentality.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Enough already! I'm getting really tired of seeing these types of posts. I REALLY am. You sound like a broken record. Yes we get it, you hate unfinished code on games. Guess what? We all do. But Stern is a business and their decisions are not all always going to be in our (the collectors) best interest.

Nice piledriver, dude. So you ARE a wrestling fan!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't know a lot about coding... but if Lyman is the "Director of Code", and essentially plays the games, comes up with rules, decides on balancing, and then delegates the actual coding, wouldn't that be favorable?

I like the system of having an individual lead code development on a certain game. It lets a programmer come up with their own rules and ideas for the games and build something that has a bit of their own personal style. Plus it helps get new people into the company and right into working on games, so that way once Lyman does retire there will be plenty of experienced designers ready to step up and knock it out of the park.

#60 9 years ago

You dont need experienced coders to finish a game.

Let the guys like Lyman make the gamecode. And after that let some cheap, just starting students or coders finish the pin, fix bugs etc.

So much money involved, dont understand they somehow find a cheap way to finish their pins codewise.

All this talk about lack off code cant be good for stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwewho-is-doing-the-code-as-if-future-tense/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.