avy01.jpg
The-Outsiders-300x274.jpg
image.jpg
D_Generation_X.png
IMG_2384.JPG
image.jpg
10924257_10152995384374244_3684315935032207610_o.jpg
136253-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Like was noted here earlier, IMO the possibility of using characters and call outs from the history of the WWE could make this an entertaining game.

I'm assuming only the backglass and side art will be different on the LE. You'll still have current wrestlers like Daniel Bryan on the playfield itself . . . not cool in my view.

The playfield should have greats like Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Steve Austin and then one current great like John Cena . . . I'm worried the call outs will all be from current stars.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

From the press release:
" The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp."
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-is-ready-to-rumble-300015320.html

The art means the backglass and the sides . . . not the playfield (at least that is how Stern has always treated it when they say custom art . . . the playfield is always the same art package).

I think us 80's and 90's era fans may be SOL . . . we will be wrestling Daniel Bryan every game . . . not Ric Flair or Degeneration X.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Mustang had different art on pro/prem/LE no?

Not on the playfield to my knowledge, I don't have much time on it so perhaps I'm wrong.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I know this title is getting alot of flack, but man I am excited for it. I've been a fan my whole life.

I agree with this statement. I'm not jumping in on any more NIB games site unseen (code issues and what not), but I think this is a good theme.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think there's a good chance that they will make sure the biggest WM matches through the years will be featured...not just the Hogan era. That means the likes of Hogan, Andre, Ultimate Warrior, HBK, Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Edge, Cena, etc should all be featured. Fingers crossed at least!

This would be great! I wonder if the code would be different and feature the old guys too.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I really hope the LE features the biggest starts from all eras, not just the "legends" era which would basically mean the '80s.

I thought pretty much anyone who signed a "legends contract" was a legend and that is more and more the attitude era people as well. I know Edge and Bret Hart are on a legends contract now.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My biggest hope now is they find a way to incorporate Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Stone Cold.

Add Ric Flair and I say you listed the four that must be added to make this a complete package.

#79 9 years ago

Kudos to shovelhed for remembering Demolition. Phenomenal team, was a sad day when LOD took the light from them, though they were an LOD clone to a large extent.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kudos to shovelhed for remembering Demolition. Phenomenal team, was a sad day when LOD took the light from them, though they were an LOD clone to a large extent.

But a minus for tossing in Sting. He never wrestled for WWE? Ever, per my memory.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

No Randy Savage?!?!?

Him being in the game is a pipe dream. You may not remember but there were a flurry of rumors that he was hitting on Stephanie McMahon when she was minor and hanging the business...obviously we don't know the truth of this, but his treatment since his departure would lead some credence to something weird going on . . .

#172 9 years ago

Gosh, tempted. If the code was done on my games I already had I would get a refinery edition LE. Game looks great!

#220 9 years ago

Bret Hart may be on the other side. Montreal Screw Job Wizard Mode would be awesome.

To those saying HHH did not put younger talent over...who do you think he improperly kept off the radar who deserved better? HHH turned back and forth face heel as well as anyone ever and he put over many many people. I remember when Austin would not put HHH over...

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

There needs to be an NwO and an LOD edition of this pin!

Not a WCW theme. The NWO was never a faction of much meaning in WWE...though it appeared a few times.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Where is Brett the Hitman Heart on the LE and the Heart Foundation? I want to hear the Anvil laughing.

He is the main guy on the left side art. He has a more prominent location than Shawn Michaels surprisingly. I'm still hoping for a Montreal Screwjob Wizard Mode.

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Except that Shawn Michaels is on the playfield and one of the 4 main (playable?) characters.

Good point. In my view he deserves it. A legitimate argument can be made that HBK was best ever.

The only real argument I have heard against it is he was not the top face (err, good guy) during one of wrestling's popularity peaks...the same is true of Flair/Undertaker/Hart/HHH of course. Only Hogan, Stone Cold and the Rock can claim that mantra.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hitman for life! And heart foundation more popular than the rockers with michaels. Even Demoltion were more in there until they added the 3rd memeber crush.

There is no doubt that the Heart Foundation were the more beloved team to the Rockers. I will give you that point without question. That said, lets get real, are the Rockers really the tag team most would associate HBK with?

D_Generation_X.pngD_Generation_X.png

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I loved the Rockers!

Me as well, but they are not really one of the top things HBK's career was based around (though tossing Marty through the window) was a big moment in HBK's career (so the end of the team was a big moment for HBK, more so than the team itself...in the grand scheme of things).

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

They (TheRockers) had a bigger push and one of the last great tag Teams from the AwA. I always thought they could have been much more. Vince only believed in Shawn and the rest is history.

On what grounds do you believe the Rockers had a bigger push than the Heart Foundation? This is a subjective, certainly, but it doesn't seem to be close in my view. The Rockers never had the title at all. The Heart Foundation had it twice for long stretches and even beat the legendary demolition for it once.

#371 9 years ago

Hmm, greatest tag teams ever, there are a few that have a case for it. I'd make the following recommendations:

The New Age Outlaws
Stiener Brothers
Road Warriors
Demolition
Hardy Boys
Edge/Christian
The Dudley Boys
The Fabulous Freebirds
Degeneration X (the tag team version with HHH/HBK)

Then, my favorite of the bunch . . . The Outsiders

The-Outsiders-300x274.jpgThe-Outsiders-300x274.jpg

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

You left out Ivan & Nikita Koloff, The Brainbusters, The Midnight & Rock n roll express and the Skyscrapers (Sid Vicious & Mean Marc Callous)

All great teams, but all on par with groups like the Nasty Boys . . . not on the level of those I listed for an extended period of time.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Brainbusters were great! Those guys were fantastic at the whole, "real wrasslers" vibe. Arn Anderson was especially good at doing a lot of detail oriented shit in the ring that wasn't flashy, but made "sense" in a creative way...if that makes sense. They were almost too "realistic" for the WWF style of larger than life characters.
So many great mentions in this thread. I'm nerding out. I don't think I've ever talked this much about wrestling (outside of the tanbark pits in Elementary school).

The Brain Busters were great. Worthy of a mention for sure. I agree, I'm nerding out too. Perhaps we should start an Off Topic thread just to discuss wrestling and not the game?

4 months later
#466 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

Warning to all owners of the LE table: be careful when removing and replacing your glass because Hulk Hogan's signature is not sealed on the plaque... Just Sharpie on the glossy metal and wipes off like dry erase if your finger or knuckle brushes it. I just noticed mine is missing half the "k" now.

Oh man, what a bummer. thats a weird thing not to be caught by QC...you would think they would have been wiping off all over the place while being installed...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-wrestlemania-limited-edition?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.