4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 489 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
oeatreoqw8g6qpe3n4r6.gif
wwf.jpg
wwfle..jpg
wwfle.jpg
wwg g.jpg
342600.jpg
Stern-WWE-LE-Detail-10a.jpg
avy01.jpg
The-Outsiders-300x274.jpg
image.jpg
D_Generation_X.png
IMG_2384.JPG
image.jpg
10924257_10152995384374244_3684315935032207610_o.jpg
136253-i.jpg

There are 489 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 4 years ago

Im starting this thread for all info, ideas on mods and general discussion on This Legends pin. Cant wait to hear rumors and ideas how we can make this pin a true wrasling expierence. Also once pics or videos are released lets put them in this thread.

#2 4 years ago

If the game play is good, and they had old school guys like Hulk Hogan, Iron Shiek, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Superfly Snuka, etc….thats a game I could get a little charged up for….more so than TWD.

#3 4 years ago

I think I read that it will include an LCD and be autographed by the Hulkster.

#4 4 years ago

5.7" LCD above the ring. And a spinning disk of some sort. Not sure where or how it interacts but the pro has a disk plastic exiting the ring onto the 2 wireform ramps.

#5 4 years ago

I would change out the rubbers to make it look like the real ring red white and blue and work on a war games/cage match.

#6 4 years ago

One item that def needs to be in there is a working Bell, ding ding ding.

TIMEKEEPERBELL.jpg

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

One item that def needs to be in there is a working Bell, ding ding ding.

TIMEKEEPERBELL.jpg 32 KB

Would make for an awesome knocker!

#8 4 years ago

Correct me if wrong but the ring is going to be interactive and you are going to be able to play the ball by shooting the slings?

Like was noted here earlier, IMO the possibility of using characters and call outs from the history of the WWE could make this an entertaining game.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Correct me if wrong but the ring is going to be interactive and you are going to be able to play the ball by shooting the slings?
e.

Correct

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2s2AjJ4mZEM?autoplay=1&rel=0

#10 4 years ago

Like was noted here earlier, IMO the possibility of using characters and call outs from the history of the WWE could make this an entertaining game.

I'm assuming only the backglass and side art will be different on the LE. You'll still have current wrestlers like Daniel Bryan on the playfield itself . . . not cool in my view.

The playfield should have greats like Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Steve Austin and then one current great like John Cena . . . I'm worried the call outs will all be from current stars.

#11 4 years ago

If you look at the upper top left side of the playfield backboard there is a gold bell picture there. I bet the LE WILL have a bell.
But if not, theres where it will fit.

10906332_10152976568189244_4901384110779152245_n.jpg
#12 4 years ago

Where will they place Piper's Pit on the LE?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm assuming only the backglass and side art will be different on the LE. You'll still have current wrestlers like Daniel Bryan on the playfield itself . . . not cool in my view.
The playfield should have greats like Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Steve Austin and then one current great like John Cena . . . I'm worried the call outs will all be from current stars.

I sure hope not, that would leave alot of pinheads/wrestling fans up set.

#14 4 years ago

From the press release:

" The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-is-ready-to-rumble-300015320.html

#15 4 years ago

From the press release:
" The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp."
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-is-ready-to-rumble-300015320.html

The art means the backglass and the sides . . . not the playfield (at least that is how Stern has always treated it when they say custom art . . . the playfield is always the same art package).

I think us 80's and 90's era fans may be SOL . . . we will be wrestling Daniel Bryan every game . . . not Ric Flair or Degeneration X.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Where will they place Piper's Pit on the LE?

I might have to youtube Piper's Pit now. To be 7 again, the good ol' days.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The art means the backglass and the sides . . . not the playfield (at least that is how Stern has always treated it when they say custom art . . . the playfield is always the same art package).

Mustang had different art on pro/prem/LE no?

#18 4 years ago

The LE will probably have figures on it. Like ninja turtles or Avatar LE.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Mustang had different art on pro/prem/LE no?

Not on the playfield to my knowledge, I don't have much time on it so perhaps I'm wrong.

#20 4 years ago

Not my era of wrestlers, needs more 80s-90's stars. I mean no Hacksaw? Bret Hart? Bushwackers or Nasty Boys?!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They do use different playfields between the PRO and LE/Premium games and at least once with a significant difference in art.

Angus Face/Window on ACDC
Light up inserts on Regognizer and Silver Ink on LE TRON
Metallica Window in Coffin and hole for disappearing Magnet.

But yes, usually the art is 99% the same between the games, but I think they are going to have to do it very different for this LE. Especially if the are going to add a spinning disc to the lower pf.

#23 4 years ago

With all of the room in the head and cab, you could mount a real bell somewhere I'm sure.
I am guessing the sound is much more important than seeing the actual bell on the pf.

Dale Jr has a different pf art, BG, and cab package, so there is precedent.

I am interested in seeing what characters are used and if those characters have any quotes/callouts implemented into the code (especially since some could be deceased).

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Would make for an awesome knocker!

What are you nuts? There's nothing more satisfying than Stern's sweet cat-getting-run-over knocker of today. Your post is pure blasphemy

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Mustang Premium was all Boss cars on the playfield.

As for WWE LE, my understanding is that the game itself - DMD, LCD, and playfield art - will be all classic wrestlers....Hulk, Andre the Giant, Roddy Piper, Macho Man, etc.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not on the playfield to my knowledge, I don't have much time on it so perhaps I'm wrong.

Mustang had 3 different playfield art packages. Pro had multiple eras, Premium had all Bosses, and LE had the original 1964/5 and 2015 featured on the playfield itself as well as the translite and cabinets. I am fairly confident they will do the same for WWE...at least I sure hope so!

I really hope the LE features the biggest starts from all eras, not just the "legends" era which would basically mean the '80s. As they are calling it "Legends of Wrestlemania" I think there's a good chance that they will make sure the biggest WM matches through the years will be featured...not just the Hogan era. That means the likes of Hogan, Andre, Ultimate Warrior, HBK, Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Edge, Cena, etc should all be featured. Fingers crossed at least!

I know this title is getting alot of flack, but man I am excited for it. I've been a fan my whole life. I really wish Stern would release more titles I'm NOT interested in...LOL! They seem to be hand picking themes for me directly lately, and my budget sure can't keep up!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I know this title is getting alot of flack, but man I am excited for it. I've been a fan my whole life.

I agree with this statement. I'm not jumping in on any more NIB games site unseen (code issues and what not), but I think this is a good theme.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think there's a good chance that they will make sure the biggest WM matches through the years will be featured...not just the Hogan era. That means the likes of Hogan, Andre, Ultimate Warrior, HBK, Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Edge, Cena, etc should all be featured. Fingers crossed at least!

This would be great! I wonder if the code would be different and feature the old guys too.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

I really hope the LE features the biggest starts from all eras, not just the "legends" era which would basically mean the '80s.

I thought pretty much anyone who signed a "legends contract" was a legend and that is more and more the attitude era people as well. I know Edge and Bret Hart are on a legends contract now.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, I was pretty sure this was the case. Wouldn't shock me at all to see a slight variation to the PF and maybe the dots for a few legendary wrestlers.

Heck, even callouts could be on the table imo - there's already a plethora of quotes and callouts already available in the WWE universe from every famous wrestler, it really wouldn't take much to add in a couple trash talk/victory callouts for most folks who are/were on the WWE roster.

#29 4 years ago

This may sound silly, but is the LCD screen replacing the DMD, or supplementing it? The press release mentions showing classic matches, but will it be able to do that while passing all necessary gameplay info? Considering Stern's shorthanded for programming as it is, is there a chance it'll feature the same DMD, and then an LCD screen above that basically just shows wresting footage (perhaps variant on gameplay?)

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from scp:

This may sound silly, but is the LCD screen replacing the DMD, or supplementing it?

Supplementing it. 5.7" LCD will apparently be located above/behind the ring, under the PF glass.

#31 4 years ago

New free downloadable Pinball Magazine special:
Veteran pinball designer John Trudeau discusses his latest game: WrestleMania
Lots of new details about the game and upcoming LE version!
http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2440
Pinball Magazine special John Trudeau WrestleMania cover.png

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Pinball Magazine special John Tr... 453 KB

Cool thanks a bunch for this!!!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As for WWE LE, my understanding is that the game itself - DMD, LCD, and playfield art - will be all classic wrestlers....Hulk, Andre the Giant, Roddy Piper, Macho Man, etc.

If this is the case, I'll be watching closely for more details abouts this pin!

#34 4 years ago

More LE details from Trudeau:

- LE version will let you select four additional classic wrestlers such as The Ultimate Warrior, Andre The Giant, The Undertaker, and Hulk Hogan.

- When you launch the ball, the LE's Titantron LCD display will show your selected wrestler walking down the aisle while playing their theme music.

- LE will feature Hogan (artwork?) in the center of the playfield.

- LE ramp gates will have additional coils on them, so it's possible to orbit left to right or right to left.

#35 4 years ago

So many more features.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

- LE version will let you select four additional classic wrestlers such as The Ultimate Warrior, Andre The Giant, The Undertaker, and Hulk Hogan.
- When you launch the ball, the LE's Titantron LCD display will show your selected wrestler walking down the aisle while playing their theme music.
- LE ramp gates will have additional coils on them, so it's possible to orbit left to right or right to left.

Don't forget the spinning in the middle of the ring and the nightmare on elm st flipper claw.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Don't forget the spinning in the middle of the ring and the nightmare on elm st flipper claw.

It will be more than the claw if I'm understanding it right. It sounds like it will be a 2 level flipper...so you can make a playfield shot with the "regular" third flipper and knock the ball off of a wireform with the "arm" that's connected above it. Very cool.

I LOVE the fact that the ramps are gated to be a raised orbit (1 way on pro, both ways on LE). I have a feeling that's going to be a very fun shot. Not to mention the inner orbit under the ring which I'm guessing will have a bit of a BK2K feel. It also sounds like once you get the feel for it, the ring rope kickers will offer a lot of control. Should be a fun new skill to learn.

Can't wait to see the LE artwork. I know it will feature Hogan, but I hope it's not too focused on him. Keeping my fingers crossed they do not go as far as yellow powdercoat, LOL! Great to hear Warrior and Andre will be in there...those are two I was really hoping for. Undertaker is great. Also sounds like the main 4 featured on the pro inserts will still be in, which is nice as they are all pretty iconic (Rock especially). My biggest hope now is they find a way to incorporate Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Stone Cold. I can't imagine something like this without those three. I have a feeling they might be in the premium if that happens (Attitude Era would be a no brainer for it), but I hope they can fit them in the LE.

Very excited for this one...having bad thoughts about what I could sacrifice from the collection.

#38 4 years ago

Trudeau makes some very interesting stuff...

Glad to see him back in action at Stern...

#39 4 years ago

Any word on call outs? JBL? Jerry lawler? Michael cole?

Or we getting the redneck special?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Pinball Magazine special John Tr... 453 KB

Thanks a ton for posting this! It's a fantastic read...

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Trudeau said that Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler & Michael Cole do the announcing for the games.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

According to the article: Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole did custom work...Waison wrote the script.

Pete

Post edited by pmWolf: Dang it...beat me to it.

#43 4 years ago

Awesome! Hope there's some classic smack talking. I think those 2 could pull off some good call outs.

#44 4 years ago

Please work Macho Man into this!!! his callouts are iconic and simple and his color scheme begs to be put on a pinball machine. $(KGrHqV,!n0FJLju,NfkBSWWUUHkgg~~60_35.JPG

#45 4 years ago

Real announcers... only 400 units... the first ever color LCD in a STERN game... a true limited edition... wow this is going to be sick!!!!

#46 4 years ago

I think it is funny that they had a steel chair set to go in the LE version, but WWE legal made them take it out.

It's called the "Wham Arm" now.

#47 4 years ago

Macho Man gets snubbed for the LE. WTF.
200[1].gif

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

This theme really came out of nowhere, but I'm slowly being drawn into it's spell. The LE features with classic wrestlers is perfect to appeal to the LE demographic. I want one now. The wife would kill me but dang it Stern you're making me want it. Certainly not NIB and not until the 2nd code update, but me likie.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Trudeau said that Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler & Michael Cole do the announcing for the games.

Where's Mean Gene Okerlund? He was the best.

!!!3-746.jpg

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Where's Mean Gene Okerlund? He was the best.

!!!3-746.jpg 15 KB

Your right on Les, he should be in the game as well as Macho Man. Hopefully They are. should we start a list of the Legend wrestlers we would hope to see in the pin?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 12.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 27.50
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 489 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside