Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
Controlled slings.png
rockemsockem.jpg
upperplayfield.jpg
342564-i.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Looks like there is some plinko style posts that the ball must go through just the right way to enter the ring...otherwise it goes around..

342564-i.jpg 50 KB

It's like a Gottlieb slingshot but controllable.

#52 9 years ago

I hear that if you buy one you HAVE to take a mustang too. Maybe you can make one decent game out of the two. I guess we will just have to wait for AMC to show their next title.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone else wondering where this "Chaos" spinner is going to end up on the LE? Would be a cool if it was in the upper playfield to make it a bit more interesting at times.

That is exactly where it is going.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is exactky where it is going.

Has that been stated somewhere?

#55 9 years ago

Ok, now that I have seen video... does the lower playfield seem really short and confined? It really reminded me of X's & O's in that way. Don't get me wrong, I liked X's & O's, but it could get frustrating that all the important shots were so close to the flippers. It made it a tense frustrating game. I've seen it work on other games, like Grand Lizard, but even that gets old. So I'm not sure this design is going to be well received. I realize that shot satisfaction comes from both the shot itself and the rules attached, but the shot needs to feel good. I think the industry has moved away from "shooters" games and moved more towards "flow" type games.

Even saying that, can't wait to give it a try at my local arcade.

#56 9 years ago

I would hope so.....timers, spinner, variable strength...all or any would help the upper playfield move more away from just a "novelty"

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Anyone else wondering where this "Chaos" spinner is going to end up on the LE? Would be a cool if it was in the upper playfield to make it a bit more interesting at times.

Upper playfield makes sense for the "Chaos" spinner.

My guess is that the flipper will have something to do with that wireform that juts out on the left side as it leaves the upper playfield. It kind of seems out of place on the Pro so I'm guessing there is some alternate mech on the LE (maybe a raised flipper shaped like an arm) that allows you to bat the ball back onto the mini playfield?

upperplayfield.jpgupperplayfield.jpg

#58 9 years ago

I'm not a big fan of the theme, but that's a pretty nice looking Pro, and the layout looks cool,

#59 9 years ago

Looks nice!, just miss something like this:...

rockemsockem.jpgrockemsockem.jpg
#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd totally drop quarters in that to try that upper playfield, it's a really clever gimmick.

It's also totally a gimmick, and is probably going to get tiring pretty fast in a home environment, though probably totally fun at first. I'm just guessing there's only so many times you want to play bouncy cage trying to hit some standups.

I agree completely. The upper PF fits the theme perfectly. But as many know, I'm not much of a fan of mini PF's to begin with. I'm pretty sure this would get old fairly quickly for me.

I do like how it looks to be integrated into the game though. Still very much looking forward to playing one.

#61 9 years ago

POOP

#62 9 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzz

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is that the flipper will have something to do with that wireform that juts out on the left side as it leaves the upper playfield. It kind of seems out of place on the Pro so I'm guessing there is some alternate mech on the LE (maybe a raised flipper shaped like an arm) that allows you to bat the ball back onto the mini playfield?

the press release makes reference to this in the LE description

"The LE game art features classic WWE stars, of course including Hulk Hogan. Actual WWE wrestling action is projected on the LE's replica "Titantron" playfield level 5.7 inch LCD directly above the ring. The ball is always wild when it comes into contact with the LE's exclusive "Chaos" spinning DISC while a third "Wham! Arm" flipper allows players to knock the ball off a wire ramp."

#64 9 years ago

I'm not mad about the theme, I can't stop laughing at it though.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd totally drop quarters in that to try that upper playfield, it's a really clever gimmick.

I think it would have served better as an under playfield and presented as a cage match. Do something else with the top side.

#66 9 years ago

looks like that upper pf could be fun for a while, then watch your friends leave the room as you have 45 minute game times.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

looks like that upper pf could be fun for a while, then watch your friends leave the room as you have 45 minute game times.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the upper playfield will be timed if ball times are to long. This is not Stern's first game. Just saying.

#68 9 years ago

There has to be a timer or something to keep the upper playfield qualified. I can't imagine the rules just letting you play it indefinitely. That would ruin the game.

#69 9 years ago

Yeah, what PEN said.

#70 9 years ago

The first mod should be some milk crates that replace the factory legs.

#71 9 years ago

Anxious to see what people have to say that get to play it today; it certainley looks packed for a pro model.

#72 9 years ago

Anybody get a good pic of the scorecard yet?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

I hear that if you buy one you HAVE to take a mustang too. Maybe you can make one decent game out of the two. I guess we will just have to wait for AMC to show their next title.

I'm wondering how much time you have on mustang. I'd take it over TWD anyday especially after we swapped a few songs in.

#74 9 years ago

Lots for me. And no way Jose !

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the upper playfield will be timed if ball times are to long. This is not Stern's first game. Just saying.

I am sure this is the case. Just going from what the plastics say above the slings there tells me that they will be controlled in some capacity. They should only be active "when lit".

Controlled slings.pngControlled slings.png

#76 9 years ago

Mustang is a killer game and way better then TWD; which is just ok

#77 9 years ago

the player controls when the slings fire; so similar to flippers

#78 9 years ago

CES opened today, are there any other videos of play?

#79 9 years ago

We need more video !

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Mustang is a killer game and way better then TWD; which is just ok

What does that have to do with anything in this tread?

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What does that have to do with anything in this tread?

untitled.png 76 KB

Not really, read all of the posts.

#82 9 years ago

I really want to see the WWE dots. Can they do any new tricks with the new system driving the DMD? Probably not but you never know.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Not really, read all of the posts.

Ok you're right, I didn't read all the posts. He was just giving his opinion on what the other guy said, as wrong as it may be

#84 9 years ago

Can we all agree that SPIKE is a good thing?
Hope it does simplify diagnosis and repair and that the games are more reliable.

JD

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Looks like the ramps are conditional loops - like the ball can either go all the way around thru the gates down the opposite ramp, or stop to drop through the lanes and down onto that upper ring playfield.
That's a new layout, but far too symmetrical for my taste, and that upper playfield looks like it would become really boring. I do like the new SPIKE system. Seems like a move forward.

It would be good if most of the ramp shots loop when the diverters are open and only occasionally fall into the turnbuckle / ring area when you qualify something on the lower playfield. I can't believe they would have every shot go through the ring or out holes - this would be excruciatingly slow and get old quick. Hopefully we will get some respectable video soon.

#86 9 years ago

Looks like a total snoozefest to me, that upper pf will get boring very fast and there doesn't seem to be much else going on. As Aurich already stated, though, this will be a great game for route.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Looks like a total snoozefest to me, that upper pf will get boring very fast and there doesn't seem to be much else going on. As Aurich already stated, though, this will be a great game for route.

How can anyone base the gameplay off a 60 second video?

The sounds at the end were....different.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How can anyone base the gameplay off a 60 second video?
The sounds at the end were....different.

95% of the people playing this game on route will be lucky to get longer than 60 second ball times, so I think that it's quite fair.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Holy hell, has he seen JJP scoring?! (don't tell him OMG)

LMAO!!!!

#91 9 years ago

It looks a little slow, but with some good audio, a shaker, and most importantly good code this has potential, especially the LE.

#92 9 years ago

Nothing special but something new.

#93 9 years ago

Looks pretty neat from the video. Let's see how the code is at release and how it matures over time. I would definitely like to pay before buying...

#94 9 years ago

The layout looks awesome! Well done John!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Looks pretty neat from the video. Let's see how the code is at release and how it matures over time. I would definitely like to pay before buying...

I think you meant play before buying.

1 month later
#97 9 years ago

Thanks to JJ at Game Exchange and Don from Pinball Podcast for narrating. Video ends abruptly due to not enough memory.

#98 9 years ago

Looks pretty fun different but cool layout

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks pretty fun different but cool layout

It is a lot of fun. The upper playfield was challenging but you can figure out a strategy to what's going on up there. It's all about beating the wrestlers, getting to the royal rumble multiball and winning championship belts.

#100 9 years ago

Thanks for the video. Glad to see the pin attempt sequence has been corrected (on earlier code the choreography was incorrect and less fun - before initiating a 3 count the display would already tell whether it would be a kickout or a successful pin attempt). More animations as well Good that as soon as the ball leaves the ring the animations show outside the ring action, although at this stage it seems that is limited to banging the head of your opponent on the announcers table. More variation in outside ring action animations seems to be in order.

The only thing I don't get is at 4:19 in the video. The match is over, REF mode runs out of time and then you get a voicecall "the ref is down". That makes no sense for several reasons:
- the match is finished, so it makes no sense to knock a referee out
- that voicecallmakes sense at the start of the ref mode, where - because the ref is down - you can beat up an opponent with a few other guys or chairs, stairs and what else is available. At the end of the ref mode it makes sense that the ref is back on his feet. There should be a different voicecall for that.

In general I feel it may benefit the game if the ref mode is only playable during matches (which makes sense). Currently the ref mode seems to be dominating the game, which I doubt it should. That probably has to do with the insert layout of the playfield (and code), making it an easy mode to achieve. However, if the ref mode is limited to be played during matches only, what else is there to do on the main playfield (besides shooting the drops to start a match) when you're not in a match? Curious to see how the game will develop further (hopefully in a direction that makes sense and is authentic to WWE)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-video-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.