Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
Controlled slings.png
rockemsockem.jpg
upperplayfield.jpg
342564-i.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

'Some basic early software gameplay'

#2 9 years ago

Should have been a wide body.

#3 9 years ago

Cool

#4 9 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the video. Looks like it has a fun layout . . . I just can't believe they used all current wrestlers (at least they used the ones that have been around for awhile mostly like the Big Show and Kane...).

#5 9 years ago

Seems like you could stay in the top ring for a long time. Hopefully the full software turns off the kickers after some goal/time.

#6 9 years ago

Early code of course but no sound?

#7 9 years ago

I dig it. I like the theme. It would look great next to my Royal Rumble. Can't wait to play it.

#8 9 years ago

Hope every ramp shot doesn't have to go through the ring.

#10 9 years ago

Looks like you control the ring kickers with the flipper buttons. That is a new one.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

It does

#12 9 years ago

Looks like there is some plinko style posts that the ball must go through just the right way to enter the ring...otherwise it goes around..

Quoted from luckymoey:

342564-i.jpg342564-i.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Cool?? Yes I already don't like the theme but christ that upper playfield will get boring fast and the bottom game is chopped off. Super dull play.
Epic fail

#14 9 years ago

Why do the sounds in the game sound like something from "earth to echo" ?

#15 9 years ago

I am tired of ALL these low scoring pinball's from Stern....WE decide the scoring, NOT Them.!

#16 9 years ago

least is isn't all in the Billions like Sega did. That was annoying. I like the sweet spot of scoring like the TAF years. where 300 million was a good game. Actually I don't care, I just wish they would have universalized scoring with all games. So if you say you got 34 million....it would be a good score regardless what game you played because scoring was pretty much the same on every machine.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why do the sounds in the game sound like something from "earth to echo" ?

I liked the sounds.

#18 9 years ago

Seems to me that the drain in the upper playfield is too narrow and the ball stays up there for too long. Seems like up top would get really boring really quickly at that difficulty. Other than that it didn't seem all too bad though, although this video didn't show much, and it also didn't provide any indication to how the code will be.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I liked the sounds.

yea, but they don't seem to fit the theme. If you seen earth to echo, you can't tell me it doesn't sound exactly like the little owl robot.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This remind's me of Champion Pub , except worse.....But more important, Why all the Low scoring?
Look at the inserts, 1 mill, 2 mill, ...etc..., even the stupid bonus inserts 100. 200, 300...are you kidding me?
I am tired of ALL these low scoring pinball's from Stern

Your whining about the number of digits on the score in the game is ridiculous.

Quoted from limelime20:

WE decide the scoring, NOT YOU.!!

But THIS part doesn't even make any sense. Stern writes the software. They literally decide the scoring.

#21 9 years ago

Lol^^^^^^^^

#22 9 years ago

looks like a lot of fun to play, I'm looking forward to checking it out and probably grab a huo next year

#23 9 years ago

Looks oddly fun.

I did not even know that wrestling was still around.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I am tired of ALL these low scoring pinball's from Stern....WE decide the scoring, NOT YOU.!!

Holy hell, has he seen JJP scoring?! (don't tell him OMG)

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Looks oddly fun.
I did not even know that wrestling was still around.

Wrestling Community?

that's a new one.

#26 9 years ago

+1 what epthegeek says! HAHAHAHA!!!

#27 9 years ago

Why reduce scoring to 100 points....Why? no way...! it should be 1,000,000, no Less.

#28 9 years ago

At least give Stern credit for trying something unique with the design. It seems everyone here hates when they come out with the same fan design for each game and begs them to do something creative. When they do they get trashed for it (like on Avengers).

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like you could stay in the top ring for a long time. Hopefully the full software turns off the kickers after some goal/time.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

#30 9 years ago

The upper playfield does look pretty lame at this point. Hopefully software can make up for it.

#31 9 years ago

Definitely very early software, I think it has potential despite the fact I do not watch WWE

#32 9 years ago

This is a really great route game.

I'd totally drop quarters in that to try that upper playfield, it's a really clever gimmick.

It's also totally a gimmick, and is probably going to get tiring pretty fast in a home environment, though probably totally fun at first. I'm just guessing there's only so many times you want to play bouncy cage trying to hit some standups.

It's obviously not a big hit with people theme-wise here, but there are tons of fans out there. They probably won't buy a pinball. Normal people don't think spending $5,000 on a toy that takes up a ton of space is, well, normal. But they'll totally play it on location.

This game was made for ops. Get them out there! Spread the word. Just keep it out of my garage.

#33 9 years ago

Can't stop watching....need more.

#34 9 years ago

The theme will be a hit with fans and kids my guess. Looking forward to future titles with new technology stuff. Like the metal ramps as usual but having a hard time seeing great shots in this game so far. I know it's nice to see them mix things up for once.

#35 9 years ago

Well, so much for that.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd totally drop quarters in that to try that upper playfield, it's a really clever gimmick.
It's also totally a gimmick, and is probably going to get tiring pretty fast in a home environment, though probably totally fun at first. I'm just guessing there's only so many times you want to play bouncy cage trying to hit some standups.
It's obviously not a big hit with people theme-wise here, but there are tons of fans out there. They probably won't buy a pinball. Normal people don't think spending $5,000 on a toy that takes up a ton of space is, well, normal. But they'll totally play it on location.
This game was made for ops. Get them out there! Spread the word. Just keep it out of my garage.

I totally wonder how well this would do on location at a sports bar,
hell, I wonder how well a Royal Rumble would do too!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This remind's me of Champion Pub , except worse.....But more important, Why all the Low scoring?
Look at the inserts, 1 mill, 2 mill, ...etc..., even the stupid bonus inserts 100. 200, 300...are you kidding me?
I am tired of ALL these low scoring pinball's from Stern....WE decide the scoring, NOT YOU.!!

Dude, are you 6 years old? If shot "A" is worth 100 or 1,000,000, does it really matter in the end? Do you need the instant gratification of millions of points 3 seconds after the plunge? There are many more important fronts to fight on over this....

#38 9 years ago

Had hoped the ring was going to be faster, it doesn't look like a feature that will be fun after a 100 or so plays at home.

Good location game though.

#39 9 years ago

Looks like the ramps are conditional loops - like the ball can either go all the way around thru the gates down the opposite ramp, or stop to drop through the lanes and down onto that upper ring playfield.

That's a new layout, but far too symmetrical for my taste, and that upper playfield looks like it would become really boring. I do like the new SPIKE system. Seems like a move forward.

#40 9 years ago

This might be a situation where a premium is NOT made.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This might be a situation where a premium is NOT made.

Doubtful. The Legends art package will probably be very popular and only 400 of them.

#42 9 years ago

The upper playfield seems just like WPT with slingshots instead of flippers. Neat feature, especially during multiball.

#43 9 years ago

Did you see how smooth the ball came off the wireform? I wonder if John invented that.

This is early stages of code so those sounds will be out. I am guessing those are just placement sounds. Stern stated on this video it is "early stages of software".

#44 9 years ago

Wonder if it will dent the wood faster from the fall

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hoping the ring gets progressively harder like the RPG on T3. I thought that toy would be a gimmick, but I always enjoy getting up there in the later rounds.

As for the rest of the thread, it blows my mind how much negativity is hurled at A BRAND NEW PINBALL MACHINE that almost nobody has even stood in front of. Its disappointing. Don't knock it until you try it.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Did you see how smooth the ball came off the wireform? I wonder if John invented that.

Reminds me a lot of the KingPin return lane wireforms for some reason.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is pretty much everything I was thinking. Thanks for saving me from typing it! Simply put, this does not look like a good home game, unless you have a large collection. The ring fashioned upper playfield is a neat gimmick though.

#48 9 years ago

COOL! Might be a good game.

#49 9 years ago

I know a lot of people are ragging on this game....but I think it actually looks pretty cool. No, I would not buy for my personal collection, but that's not what pinball is all about. I think on location, this game might do very well. It has a different layout. The wrestling ring looks neat and could entice players to play. Yes, at home it would probably get old, but on route that wouldn't matter as much. I mean even at my house, when friends come over, LOTR almost never gets played, and it's technically the "best" game in my collection. Us pinheads look at pinball in a much different way than the general public.

I am also excited about the new board system Stern is using. Lots of cool stuff happening with this new game.

#50 9 years ago

Anyone else wondering where this "Chaos" spinner is going to end up on the LE? Would be a cool if it was in the upper playfield to make it a bit more interesting at times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-video-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.