Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WWETrophy.JPG
P2061419.JPG
P2061417.JPG
P2061418.JPG
P2061416.JPG
P2061415.JPG
P2061414.JPG
P2061413.JPG
P2061412.JPG
P2061411.JPG
P2061409.JPG

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARE YOU READY TO RUMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEE ?!!!!??!!!!!

STERN WWE LAUNCH PARTY

Madison Pinball is ready to rumble! Are you?

We have secured one of the first Stern WWEpro machines to be manufactured and will be hosting the first genuine and official launch party coinciding with a game release in Wisconsin in over a decade!

The WWE launch party tournament will run concurrently with our monthly event at Schwoegler's (Monthly event has been modified for Feb and is now a full blown competition > see www.madisonpinball.com for more details on both events).

Launch Party Details

Where: Schwoeglers (444 Grand Canyon Drive Madison WI 53719)
When: Saturday Feb 21st 11am-4pm qualifying. Playoff immediately follows qualifying.

Tell me more: Every participant arriving between 11am-4pm is provided one free game on WWE. If all participants in attendance at any given time have already played their free game, then they are invited to play additional qualifying attempts. Priority of play is given to any arriving player that has not yet played their 1st attempt and they will be bumped to the front of the line for all players waiting to play their 2nd+ attempts. Highest score for each player at the culmination of qaulifying is used to determine final seed (top 8 ) or final place (9th - ?)

Top 8 scores will qualify for playoff.
1-3-5-7 and 2-4-6-8 seeds will play 3 games each of knockout on WWE (i.e. a 4 player game and lowest score knocked out each round), leaving 1 remaining player from each original 4 pack. These 2 players will compete in a final best 2 out of 3 playoff to crown the champion. Players knocked out earlier will tie for final place based on knock out postion (i.e. first 2 players knocked out will tie for 7th).

Prizes: Trophies and prizes provided by Stern as is customary for all official launch parties. Additional prizes provided by Madison Pinball and Schwoeglers.

Raffle: Every player will be provided a raffle ticket and door prizes will be drawn throughout the day. Must be present to win.

IFPA points: WWE launch party should grade out to 33% TGP

Secondary/expanded monthly that coincides with the WWE launch party details are on our website at www.madisonpinball.com
Expanded monthly should grade out at ~100% TGP

#2 3 years ago

Oh yeah brother!

#3 3 years ago

I have never attended a Launch Party before. It is on my schedule (unless i have to get out of town for something).

Madison Pinball seems to be doing a great job in this area. Congratulations on making this available for all of us

See you there!

#4 3 years ago

Thanks KingPin.

It is a labor of love but a heck of a lot of fun!

#5 3 years ago

Wednesday bump for eyes.

Come on out and wrastle!

#6 3 years ago

look what just showed up at my house for some play testing.

P2061409.JPG

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

look what just showed up at my house for some play testing.

P2061409.JPG 216 KB

Bring it tomorrow for the mini.

#8 3 years ago

ring is WAY more fun than I thought it would be.

running 1.05 code

#9 3 years ago

initial reaction is that it is fun to shoot and very different in feel.

Pretty decent dots and callouts for release.

I do not like that the ring slings and flippers both flip when you press a button. Gonna be lots more wear than it needs to be. Hopefully fixed with code.

#10 3 years ago

Wooooo-hooooo! Can't wait to go a few rounds on it!

#11 3 years ago

Video please!

#12 3 years ago

tried to upload video to youtube but denied due to copylaw for tunes I am guessing?

here are some photos of back box > I know this is of interest to many

P2061411.JPG
P2061412.JPGP2061413.JPG

#13 3 years ago

more
P2061414.JPGP2061415.JPGP2061416.JPGP2061417.JPGP2061418.JPGP2061419.JPG

#14 3 years ago

"Wish you were closer"

#15 3 years ago

date night w wife.

I can attempt to upload vid later

#16 3 years ago

Out waiting for show to start.

First impression is that the layout is very refreshing and nice to have a shift to less pop bumper. I wish upper orbit went both ways at some points. Ring is pretty challenging but i can see it being a learned skill. Game is light and easy to push around.

Overall this game feels fun. I need about 100 more games before i can give a real opinion, but john t. Def came up w something unique and seems to have really hit well on the theme integration. Great songs. I heard a tool song already!

#17 3 years ago

Very nice. Great to hear some favorable comments. Is that your personal machine, or is it going on location?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Very nice. Great to hear some favorable comments. Is that your personal machine, or is it going on location?

It was purchased specifically for location. It will be going to Schwoegler's in time for the launch party.

I am just play testing and tweaking along with some changes/mods before going out.

#19 3 years ago

That's awesome. More pins on location is always a good thing.

I'd love to see the video. Hopefully, the upload denial is a temporary blip.

I'm sure the missus appreciated the date night.

#20 3 years ago

hopefully this works?

short video

#21 3 years ago

video appears to work for me now

#22 3 years ago

Sweet vid thanks bro the sound effects sound pretty cool; bonus count is nice old school too

#23 3 years ago

Thanks for the video. So the code still updates from a usb?

What kind of sockets are the GI?

#24 3 years ago

going to be interesting to see if the le has the hdmi section populated.

#25 3 years ago

Thanks for the video. If you are able to get a longer one up please let us know.

#26 3 years ago

As always thanks for posting the video. The sounds seem way better.

#27 3 years ago

game is now available for play at Schwoegler's in Madison.

We set it up last night (along side the other 7 games already there) which makes unofficially the largest location in all of WI!

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

game is now available for play at Schwoegler's in Madison.
We set it up last night (along side the other 7 games already there) which makes unofficially the largest location in all of WI!

Truly awesome to have a location in Madison with 8 pins that are dialed in and play great! Excited to spend more time on WWE as well. Hard to give much of a review as the code is still very early, but the new SPIKE system is awesome and the gameplay is unlike any game I've played before which I think is a good thing. The ring toy is both fun and challenging and the sounds and animations seem great so far. It will only get better as more code is released. I think it will get a lot of plays at Schwoegler's.

#29 3 years ago

Thanks Mike.

I sure hope it is enjoyed by the local crew of players. I know I enjoyed playing it for a few days when I got it home to test out.

Pretty fun game and the ring is MUCH more fun than I thought it would be. It will take good code to make it shine and I really hope they get the programming fixed to make it so slammers and flippers dont both engage when in ring/on lower pf.

The plastics seem to indicate that will be the case at some point.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really hope they get the programming fixed to make it so slammers and flippers dont both engage when in ring/on lower pf.
The plastics seem to indicate that will be the case at some point.

They absolutely need to fix this with code! Super annoying to hear the ring slingshots fire whenever you use the flippers and will cause both the sling rubbers and flippers to wear prematurely.

1 week later
#31 3 years ago

bump.

Launch Party is just around the corner! Getting pumped for a good time!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bump.
Launch Party is just around the corner! Getting pumped for a good time!

Do we need to register or just show up?

#33 3 years ago

just show up, but a heads up of if/how many you are bringing is always appreciated. It just helps us mentally plan.

I have been telling all to come early so you can be sure to get a game in on everything and hopefully have time to better a few scores after you get through the main bank of games.

#34 3 years ago

another day closer.

Looking like we are going to get a good turn out.

#35 3 years ago

how many you bringing down from fox valley Tom?

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how many you bringing down from fox valley Tom?

I am bringing my boys and wife. Boys want to try WWE. Likely 3 other dudes from the area.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I am bringing my boys and wife. Boys want to try WWE. Likely 3 other dudes from the area.

awesome!

1 of the perks of having a launch at Schwoegs is that others can hopefully be talked into coming and then bowling a few games if they want a break from pinball.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think I'm one of those dudes. As long as Tom's family is coming, mine probably is too, so 3 of us. That's the plan anyway unless something major changes.

#40 3 years ago

great stuff!

As more and more people commit, I get more excited!

I suggest arriving early so everyone that wants to play has ample opportunity to get through the games and has enough time to up your scores if you put up a few stinkers.

#41 3 years ago

Hey Hilton,
Is qualifying for the monthly going on at the same time? Just wanted to be clear.
Since I have never gone to the monthly events. How does it work?

#42 3 years ago

WWE qualifying 11- 4pm; playoffs immediately follow

This monthly ONLY (due to the launch we have expanded the monthly to coincide with WWE launch)
Main event qualifying (7 games) 11- ~5pm; playoffs immediately follow

In depth details on www.madisonpinball.com

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. Happy to answer to the best of my abilities.

#43 3 years ago

How many people are you expecting? You may have a really hard time getting through qualifying in that timeframe. For instance, we had 2 pinball machines each for Metallica, Star Trek and The Walking Dead at our Launch Parties locally with anywhere between 40-50 people and it still took over 2.5 hours for everyone to get in a single game. That was 4 people playing all the time on both machines. Not to mention that Wrestlemania is a long playing pin with the ring. Game times on the Wrestlemania here are 6 minutes on average already with no one having any real knowledge of the game or getting EBs at 10 loop shots, the game times are half that on the other previous launch party pins.

#44 3 years ago

Honestly, we have no real idea on how many to expect Les.

I have had 23 people now accounted for at my best guess based on whom has said they are coming or emailed me. I am thinking around 40ish total >> just a best guess based on other events in the area and the short notice of this event.

We will have EBs turned off on all games and have them set up a bit harder (tournament style) so that will help slightly. WWE does play a bit long but I think we can get a good chunk of people through it. I am suggesting people show up earlier (by 11 if possible) in order to ensure they get through all games.

WWE launch event is just the single game. Free play for first game and precedent to anyone that has not played yet, before others can play again.

We are doing a second event concurrently which has 7 games and people will play through them all once and then are allowed to go back and better their scores as they want on games (as time allows of course).

I can gaurentee that anyone that is at the event when it opens at 11 will be able to play through all 7 games for the bigger event and WWE at least 1 time for the WWE event. If they are there at the start I will keep qualifying open (assuming they don't leave in the middle and are actively attempting to get through the games) till they get through all the games.

The other 7 games play pretty quick so hopefully it will keep things moving.

Ths is the first time for an event liek this so I am sure we will make some mistakes and learn along the way. Most importantly it shoudl be fun no matter what, because it is pinball

#45 3 years ago

I think I'll make to the tourney too.

#46 3 years ago

Hope to see many of you out on the 21st to go a few rounds on WWE, battling your way into the final match for the title of Grand Champion!

WWETrophy.JPG

#47 3 years ago

John Cena!!!!

#48 3 years ago

oh yeah brother!

1 day closer! Gonna be a fun pinball weekend! Hosting league at my house on Friday and then WWE launch combined with first really big event at Schwoegler's!

#49 3 years ago

Where? I can't see him!

By the way it's looking like it will just be me without the family coming down.

#50 3 years ago

Let's get ready to RUUUUMMMBBBLLLLEEEEE!!!

1 day away folks. Running code 1.06 as of last night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 24.95
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 329.00
€ 85.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 16.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside