• 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

verge2015-01-04_07-19-27ces-0.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Mustang LE has not sold out.
WWE LE has not sold out, will probably not be produced in full allotment.
TWDLE is sold out to Distributors, a few still have inventory.
KISSLE is sold out to Distributors, a few still have inventory.

Out of all those, Mustang is by far the winner for me. I was surprised by this game when playing a couple nights at someone's home in our league. I think it has a surprising layout for a Stern, very refreshing.

I appreciate what Trudeau attempted to do with WWE and his design, but it's just not enough "pinball feel" in the upper, and the theme is a supreme stinker. I, at the very least, applaud Trudeau on always keeping it different. His designs over the years, likely many more than anyone in modern history, are sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always very different and innovative.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, that's a HUGE problem that the designer and the programmer should have figured out. That ring is dead center and each ramp shot brings you into it...and when you're in it, you can bat the ball around in there. Visually, the game says "GET THE BALL IN THE RING" ...but it's pointless unless you start a match? That's just terrible design/coding. Massively unintuitive. Hate to be a dick and call him out, but this sounds like Waison's MO. He's programming pinball like it's a video game. You need to to "get the key" in order to "get into that room". Unfortunately this game is designed as such so the "room" is never blocked off...so it was a fatal flaw to program the game rules this way. He did the same thing on X-Men. Originally you couldn't do ANYTHING in the game (the shots meant NOTHING) until you locked 3 Balls and played Magneto Multiball...THEN, the hero shots opened up. It was just horrific....so much so that the rules were re-written. I don't see WWE getting re-written at this point. Stick a fork in it.

If you listened to Trudeau's interview a while back, he said he basically designed the game to a certain point, and handed it over for the code to be completed. As such, this isn't a designer problem, it's the code, though it would be nice if there was an upper orbit, with diverters to lead to this area.

As for the ring, although I hate it, and I think most do, I can see where something different like this would be worth a shot, given I'm assuming that Stern was well aware that this machine would not go over great with pinheads all in all.

Does anyone who has routed it have any info on how it has been received by the non-pinheads? I would think for kids, that don't really care for pinball anyway, seeing a large in your face recognizable ring in the middle may actually be a hook/draw for them.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

We want Stern fan layouts and Steve Richie to make another game that's basically High Speed for the 11th time with some tweaks.

I'd say NF myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-how-many-were-really-made?tu=Atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.