(Topic ID: 133995)

WWE fired Hulk Hogan? Stern LE´s still available ?

By master_of_chaos

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

all_out_of_bubblegum.jpg
wwf_panda_bears_wrestle_t_shirt_1_large.png
lol.jpg
racist_test.jpg
11424700_690983931005711_182714125_n.jpg
i_hate_everybody.png
ElVWAFf.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Censored.jpg
benoitcensored_zpseeeda98c.jpg
liltykes_hellcat.jpg
stern-response.png
Hulk-Hogan-hulk-hogan-34355760-720-480.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0724/598646/the-national-enquirer-releases-racist-comments-allegedly-made-by/

Welp, there it is. That scumbag totally deserves the removal from all WWE sites. How WWE/Stern approach this will be very interesting. As far as I can see, the only options are...

1) Stop all production of WWELE (probably already happened since like 8 people bought it) and push the Pro only. I bet this is the go-to solution. However, it also may doom any WWELE code updates.
2) Alt Translite (not the first time WWF/E has had to remake a Hogan backglass). If Stern was to keep the game on the assembly lines, it may be impossible to remove him from the PF/animations/autograph plate/elsewhere, but an Alt Translite at least makes him no longer front and center.
3) Do the impossible and completely overhaul the machine to remove all references of him, which probably has a 0.2% chance due to the costs involved. Much easier to can the LE edition.

#12 8 years ago

Small rant as well - This is a bummer. One would hope the "train, say your prayers, take your vitamins" persona would be a reflection of the person, that they would be a good role model both in and out of character. I think from the reality show (not that I watched full episodes or anything, but I got the gist) it was a bit clearer he wasn't leading the role model lifestyle. His son turned out to be the jerk of all jerks (points if you get that reference) and Hogan was more "nWo" than "red and yellow" in real life.

Sad day. Seeing your childhood hero be anything but sort of has that same feeling like finding out Santa doesn't exist. This is me for the rest of the day...

tumblr_lgg2jxzvbt1qh5iszo1_400.giftumblr_lgg2jxzvbt1qh5iszo1_400.gif

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Believe nothing when wrestling is involved. If vince can make a buck off of hogan, he will hire him in a second. Probably done to create a buzz. When was the wwe/wwf ever worried about offending anyone, the godfather for example or military traitor sgt slaughter, not to mention virgil the servant or evil asian tag teams.

Answer = the last 7-15 years. Specifically somewhere between 10/19/99 (the date they went public) and 7/22/08 (the date they changed to PG programming).

All your references refer to the "Attitude Era" or earlier. Many offensive themes were part of the Attitude Era because they were losing ratings and had to go completely over the edge to win the ratings war from Ted Turner's WCW. Since 2008, many of the themes are watered down so the PG label is maintained, parents feel safer and buy their kids (highly profitable) merchandise, big corporate sponsors like Mountain Dew and Doritos come back to pay big bucks, and stock holders don't lose faith in the company.

Fast forward to today and the WWE has an anti-bullying campaign, a reading program, and that face you see front and center on Stern's WWE Pro backglass is the Guinness World Record holder for most Make-A-Wishes granted. WWE calculates EVERY move they make today, and if something/someone is going to make them look bad, they cut ties, however if it will gain them good press, they'll shove it down your throat. They're as much a PR company as they are a Wrestling company.

Does WWE still have its' faults? Sure. You can't make 8 hours of original programming EACH WEEK and employ tons of wrestlers (with Twitter accounts) without some bumps along the way. But to think they're rolling out racism, sexism, or bigotry nowadays just to make a buck in this PC-crazy culture is an extremely uninformed opinion.

#38 8 years ago

And now tying it somewhat back to Stern's Wrestlemania...

Note the "all references" and "all images" including current projects. I think that gives the biggest clue w/o an official comment from Stern.

Source: PWInsider

"WWE contacted most of their licensees and partners this morning to inform them that all references to Hulk Hogan and all images of him for current or planned licensing projects must be dropped immediately.

WWE has nixed or is in the process of nixing everything from action figures to streaming music that was related to Hogan under the WWE umbrella."

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not even sure what would be involved with scrubbing him completely from the LE. They might just have to junk the whole model.

If I had to bet, my money would go on this. I looked at some of the WWELE pics today. Hogan is at a minimum...

1) Front and center on the BG
2) In the center of the PF (THREE TIMES!)
3) In the animations on the LCD
4) Also obviously the focal point on the apron with the autograph plate.

If this was just, for example, Animal from LoD and you just had to change a left sling plastic, that's one thing. But Hogan unfortunately is all over the LE.

Wheres_Dumb-Dumb..jpgWheres_Dumb-Dumb..jpg

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

If I'm Stern I don't do thing. The videos he's in trouble for are at least three years ago. If it takes that long to get noticed it's not a big deal.

Watch the news tonight. Any news. Local news, national news, E! "news", SportsCenter, heck, if Animal Planet has a news show jump over there as well. This went from unknown last night to the biggest story of the day. Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon, and Triple H were all top trends on Twitter today. WWE fired Hogan within minutes of hearing about this last night.

This is like saying the Chicago Bulls will no longer sell Jordan jerseys, or that the Yankees have banned Jeter from attending Yankee Stadium... or... or like... or like freggin WWE firing their #1 attraction of all time!

It's kind of a big deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-fired-hulk-hogan-stern-le%c2%b4s-still-available?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.