(Topic ID: 133995)

WWE fired Hulk Hogan? Stern LE´s still available ?

By master_of_chaos

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

all_out_of_bubblegum.jpg
wwf_panda_bears_wrestle_t_shirt_1_large.png
lol.jpg
racist_test.jpg
11424700_690983931005711_182714125_n.jpg
i_hate_everybody.png
ElVWAFf.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Censored.jpg
benoitcensored_zpseeeda98c.jpg
liltykes_hellcat.jpg
stern-response.png
Hulk-Hogan-hulk-hogan-34355760-720-480.jpg
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

It seems that the WWE kicked Hulked Hogan ?
So, are Stern LE´s still produced or in production? Is Stern now forced to remove his name and pictures from all undelivered products?

#2 8 years ago

Just curious? What did the Hulkster do ?

#3 8 years ago

Is there a source for this? All he had to do was autograph things...I'm not sure if fired would be the right word.

#4 8 years ago

Simple fix, just grab some black paint and cover his face,,,,now you have the unknown MASKED VILLIAN! He's been around since the beginning of wrestling.LOL

#7 8 years ago

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

Rumor is some video tape of hulk on a racial tirade. It must be bad for them to want to get ahead of it like this.

#8 8 years ago

The lorenzo le edition just went up in rare value

#9 8 years ago

I have to think it is going to make the wrestlemania LEs instantly collectable.

#10 8 years ago

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0724/598646/the-national-enquirer-releases-racist-comments-allegedly-made-by/

Welp, there it is. That scumbag totally deserves the removal from all WWE sites. How WWE/Stern approach this will be very interesting. As far as I can see, the only options are...

1) Stop all production of WWELE (probably already happened since like 8 people bought it) and push the Pro only. I bet this is the go-to solution. However, it also may doom any WWELE code updates.
2) Alt Translite (not the first time WWF/E has had to remake a Hogan backglass). If Stern was to keep the game on the assembly lines, it may be impossible to remove him from the PF/animations/autograph plate/elsewhere, but an Alt Translite at least makes him no longer front and center.
3) Do the impossible and completely overhaul the machine to remove all references of him, which probably has a 0.2% chance due to the costs involved. Much easier to can the LE edition.

#11 8 years ago

WTB WWELE! lol

#12 8 years ago

Small rant as well - This is a bummer. One would hope the "train, say your prayers, take your vitamins" persona would be a reflection of the person, that they would be a good role model both in and out of character. I think from the reality show (not that I watched full episodes or anything, but I got the gist) it was a bit clearer he wasn't leading the role model lifestyle. His son turned out to be the jerk of all jerks (points if you get that reference) and Hogan was more "nWo" than "red and yellow" in real life.

Sad day. Seeing your childhood hero be anything but sort of has that same feeling like finding out Santa doesn't exist. This is me for the rest of the day...

tumblr_lgg2jxzvbt1qh5iszo1_400.giftumblr_lgg2jxzvbt1qh5iszo1_400.gif

#13 8 years ago

Damn that's some harsh words. I don't think he can come back from this. Maybe he can get a job at Fox news.

#14 8 years ago

Some more info from TMZ:
http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/24/hulk-hogan-wwe-website-removed-n-word/

"The WWE is cutting all ties with wrestling legend Hulk Hogan ... after finding out about him angrily using the n-word to describe someone who was dating his daughter.

A WWE rep tells us they fired Hogan after getting a transcript of comments made on his sex tape. Hogan is in the middle of a lawsuit over the tape ... and the n-word remarks are expected to come out once the trial begins later this year. The WWE says it investigated to make sure Hogan had really said what they read in the transcript ... and then pulled the trigger, terminating his contract.

TMZ has seen the tape ... and on it, Hogan is discussing his daughter Brooke's music career. He repeatedly used the n-word while talking about an African-American guy she was dating.

Hogan's attorney tells TMZ ... Hulk was NOT fired, and actually resigned from the WWE late Thursday night. "

#16 8 years ago

Stern might have to recall all 10 units!

#17 8 years ago

I bought an LE. If they pull him from the code I would be really pissed off.

What a clusterfuck. I hope this doesn't delay the code, this game desperately needs it.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That many eh?

#19 8 years ago

Did stern sell all LEs to distributors?

#20 8 years ago

$6500 NIB delivered! WWE-LE get it now before its scrubbed!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I bought an LE. If they pull him from the code I would be really pissed off.

I didn't think the legends were actually coded? I thought the LE still had the regular wrestlers...did they fix that?

#22 8 years ago

The LE allows you to select all of the legends.

Hulk Hogan
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
The Undertaker

These have been in the code since the LEs shipped.

Hell, Hulk Hogan is on pretty much all of the marketing material related to the LE. I would think that they couldn't just remove him but who knows.

#23 8 years ago

Dumbass thinks he can make private comments in this day and age.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have to think it is going to make the wrestlemania LEs instantly collectable.

Doesn't a game have to be good to be a collectable?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Agree. What he said is horrible but christ filming, taping and sharing folks private times is out of control.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Whoa-ho buurrrn!

Meanwhile...
Hogan's lawyer told TMZ that his client was not fired, but resigned on Thursday night. The wrestler sent out the following cryptic tweet early Friday morning.

The ol' "you can't fire me, I quit" line.

#27 8 years ago

Would like to hear what these guys have to say about his comments.

https://goo.gl/wxUr41

#28 8 years ago

Believe nothing when wrestling is involved. If vince can make a buck off of hogan, he will hire him in a second. Probably done to create a buzz. When was the wwe/wwf ever worried about offending anyone, the godfather for example or military traitor sgt slaughter, not to mention virgil the servant or evil asian tag teams.

#29 8 years ago

The sports illustrated link above says the remark was made 8 years ago in a video. Its not like he just made the remarks. Ive not heard or seen it. But seems less of a big deal since it was something he said so long ago. Different than him getting drunk last night and spouting off.

Bad taste and offensive. Sure. End of the world over the use of a word. Probably not.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Believe nothing when wrestling is involved. If vince can make a buck off of hogan, he will hire him in a second. Probably done to create a buzz. When was the wwe/wwf ever worried about offending anyone, the godfather for example or military traitor sgt slaughter, not to mention virgil the servant or evil asian tag teams.

Those are all from a time period before it was a publicly traded company ... different world now

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Answer = the last 7-15 years. Specifically somewhere between 10/19/99 (the date they went public) and 7/22/08 (the date they changed to PG programming).

All your references refer to the "Attitude Era" or earlier. Many offensive themes were part of the Attitude Era because they were losing ratings and had to go completely over the edge to win the ratings war from Ted Turner's WCW. Since 2008, many of the themes are watered down so the PG label is maintained, parents feel safer and buy their kids (highly profitable) merchandise, big corporate sponsors like Mountain Dew and Doritos come back to pay big bucks, and stock holders don't lose faith in the company.

Fast forward to today and the WWE has an anti-bullying campaign, a reading program, and that face you see front and center on Stern's WWE Pro backglass is the Guinness World Record holder for most Make-A-Wishes granted. WWE calculates EVERY move they make today, and if something/someone is going to make them look bad, they cut ties, however if it will gain them good press, they'll shove it down your throat. They're as much a PR company as they are a Wrestling company.

Does WWE still have its' faults? Sure. You can't make 8 hours of original programming EACH WEEK and employ tons of wrestlers (with Twitter accounts) without some bumps along the way. But to think they're rolling out racism, sexism, or bigotry nowadays just to make a buck in this PC-crazy culture is an extremely uninformed opinion.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But to think they're rolling out racism, sexism, or bigotry nowadays just to make a buck in this PC-crazy culture is an extremely uninformed opinion.

I agree with this. I haven't watched wrestling since HBK retired; I thought wrestling was better edgy. It is too tame nowadays.

#33 8 years ago

Change the translite & autograph - make the rest of them Junk.yard Dog LE!

#34 8 years ago

does anyone know the exact words he said and in what case.

everybody has said something what he may be said because he was angry and it was not in the public

i am happy not to be a VIP and recorded by hidden cameras.

i don't want to protect him, but i don't trust the press and big companies like WWE (we are so correct, bla bla)

#35 8 years ago

It would be a losing battle for WWE to say anything like "well, it was taped a long time ago, and he wasn't employed by us during that time". All they can do is dump him and let him deal with it. It isn't their fight.

Not saying he can't return to them in a couple of years if this all blows over.

#37 8 years ago

In case you were wondering, it all stems from this:

http://gawker.com/5948770/even-for-a-minute-watching-hulk-hogan-have-sex-in-a-canopy-bed-is-not-safe-for-work-but-watch-it-anyway

He's suing gawker for $100 million over it. Pretty sure that lawsuit is the reason the transcript came out. So, yeah, he did it all to himself.

#38 8 years ago

And now tying it somewhat back to Stern's Wrestlemania...

Note the "all references" and "all images" including current projects. I think that gives the biggest clue w/o an official comment from Stern.

Source: PWInsider

"WWE contacted most of their licensees and partners this morning to inform them that all references to Hulk Hogan and all images of him for current or planned licensing projects must be dropped immediately.

WWE has nixed or is in the process of nixing everything from action figures to streaming music that was related to Hogan under the WWE umbrella."

#39 8 years ago

Wait since when is it that it's ok to be a racist in private but not in public? I wouldn't want to employ someone who said those things, no matter what. The WWE employs people from all races, colors, creeds. How are you supposed to root for Hogan in a match against a black opponent? There is ZERO ability for Hogan to work for the WWE, he's toxic, awful person. He was an awful person when he cheated on his wife when making this tape, he was an awful person when he was caught on tape saying disparaging things about John Graziano, who his son nearly killed and permanently crippled. Good riddance to racists.

#40 8 years ago

Having said all that, I MIGHT be in on a Macho Man LE.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

He didn't. He made the comments 8 years ago.

He has been scrubbed from the WWE website and Hall of Fame. Gotta think that he'll be pulled from the license provided to Stern. I wonder if it will go as far as Stern having to provide new translites.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And now tying it somewhat back to Stern's Wrestlemania...
Note the "all references" and "all images" including current projects. I think that gives the biggest clue w/o an official comment from Stern.
Source: PWInsider
"WWE contacted most of their licensees and partners this morning to inform them that all references to Hulk Hogan and all images of him for current or planned licensing projects must be dropped immediately.
WWE has nixed or is in the process of nixing everything from action figures to streaming music that was related to Hogan under the WWE umbrella."

Seems like a clusterF for Stern. I'm not even sure what would be involved with scrubbing him completely from the LE. They might just have to junk the whole model.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I wonder if it will go as far as Stern having to provide new translites.

Thought I read that WWE did all of the artwork anyway, so if it's on their dime it may not be a big deal to Stern.

Finally, a REAL limited edition!

#44 8 years ago

There's no way WWE could force Stern to do anything with already produced/sold units. If they want to sell new ones, they may have to change it, but they wouldn't have to send previous purchasers an alt translite. (Right?)

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Seems like a clusterF for Stern. I'm not even sure what would be involved with scrubbing him completely from the LE. They might just have to junk the whole model.

Well we know removing the autograph won't be difficult......

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

There's no way WWE could force Stern to do anything with already produced/sold units. If they want to sell new ones, they may have to change it, but they wouldn't have to send previous purchasers an alt translite. (Right?)

Correct. Anything already out of Stern's possession there is nothing they can do.

I am sure ebay already has Hulk stuff up at 999999% markup.

#47 8 years ago

He's been part of wrestling for almost 40 years, can't exactly erase history... and that's what the "legends" edition is all about.. the past. Pretty shameful what he said though.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not even sure what would be involved with scrubbing him completely from the LE. They might just have to junk the whole model.

If I had to bet, my money would go on this. I looked at some of the WWELE pics today. Hogan is at a minimum...

1) Front and center on the BG
2) In the center of the PF (THREE TIMES!)
3) In the animations on the LCD
4) Also obviously the focal point on the apron with the autograph plate.

If this was just, for example, Animal from LoD and you just had to change a left sling plastic, that's one thing. But Hogan unfortunately is all over the LE.

Wheres_Dumb-Dumb..jpgWheres_Dumb-Dumb..jpg

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

If I had to bet, my money would go on this. I looked at some of the WWELE pics today. Hogan is at a minimum...
1) Front and center on the BG
2) In the center of the PF (THREE TIMES!)
3) In the animations on the LCD
4) Also obviously the focal point on the apron with the autograph plate.
If this was just, for example, Animal from LoD and you just had to change a left sling plastic, that's one thing. But Hogan unfortunately is all over the LE.

5) Hulk is also pictured on the left side of the cabinet w/ Andre.

#50 8 years ago

If I'm Stern I don't do thing. The videos he's in trouble for are at least three years ago. If it takes that long to get noticed it's not a big deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.50
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-fired-hulk-hogan-stern-le%c2%b4s-still-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.