(Topic ID: 133995)

WWE fired Hulk Hogan? Stern LE´s still available ?

By master_of_chaos

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

all_out_of_bubblegum.jpg
wwf_panda_bears_wrestle_t_shirt_1_large.png
lol.jpg
racist_test.jpg
11424700_690983931005711_182714125_n.jpg
i_hate_everybody.png
ElVWAFf.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Censored.jpg
benoitcensored_zpseeeda98c.jpg
liltykes_hellcat.jpg
stern-response.png
Hulk-Hogan-hulk-hogan-34355760-720-480.jpg
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago

I think TOK should change to TKO and knock kaneda out. Calling someone a racist is pretty strong words.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I gotta say, I have two teen age boys and they play there music in the car ? Every other word is N this N that. The word should be banned all together

says the guy whose name offends me (well, not really, but I am trying to make a point)

#103 8 years ago

Interesting that there are videos now of Vince using the n word in a skit with cena. Also booker t cutting a promo and calling of all people hogan a n.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I think TOK should change to TKO and knock kaneda out. Calling someone a racist is pretty strong words.

It'd matter coming from anyone else, but he's just a narcissistic pest.

I was around when he got banned from KLOV and takes it personal. He was bounced at least 3 times under different user names (one was Magic Girl, lol). That forum existed for over 10 years, and he was such a pain in the ass there you now either have to donate or have a current member vouch for you to join.

Sorry for the sideshow!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Thank you for taking the time out in your busy schedule to post a second time and apologies for the huge inconvenience this may have caused you.

He is right to point it out because flaming a false rumor is detrimental.

#106 8 years ago

Censored.jpgCensored.jpg

#107 8 years ago

I actually had a chance to finally play Wrestlemania today.

What a turd of a game. Bummer, I was excited to play it.

#108 8 years ago

Eager to play it here it in norway. Oh wait... i guess i have to buy it then. I would buy it for 1800 $. Guess it wont happen

#109 8 years ago

I just don't know what to think. I understand when people say they are upset but for me I feel sorry for the hulkster. So many times people are quick to make judgements and ruin people's livelihood because of a celebrity's verbal blunder they made years ago. I remember a few years ago Paula Deen was found out to have made a racist remark from the 80s and she lost all of her sponserships and her show. I'm not really a fan of hers but I just thought it was crazy.

I know many older people in my area probably would say the same thing about interracial marriage and even though I don't feel the same way about it I'm not going to complain to their employer and get them fired. As long as their not forming a Klan and committing crimes, I could care less what they think.

I really want to believe what LyonsRonnie1 said. That he was just in a bad place in his life and was upset at his daughter being ungrateful for his help. He has worked with many people of different races and I find it hard to believe he was a secret racist the whole time.

On the subject of the pinball machine, I hope they don't change it. The LE is the only one I would be interested in. I could care less about today's wrestlers.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I actually had a chance to finally play Wrestlemania today.
What a turd of a game. Bummer, I was excited to play it.

When it was first shown, I said that launching into the ring was a mistake. It should have been a playfield element that you had to work toward. I was told that since it was a wrestling theme, the ring had to be used a lot. Its a cool playfield element, but brings the game to a crawl right out of the gate.

If it was something you had to work toward like a multiball mode you only get to once a game, it'd be a great thing.

#111 8 years ago

I guess I am in the minority.....I really like the game, and am anxiously awaiting new code.

Yes, the ring is not coded to do much now, but I will hold on to see the updates coming.
I enjoy the inner loop and layouts......oh, I agree this is no top pin, but its these kinds that come back
to haunt us.

I enjoy quirky games, like CSI, BBH, and SC and I look forward to adding Pinball Browser for Music Videos I want in between wrestling matches. Maybe even some family video, or my wrestling with my brothers 50 years ago!

I think this will be a little bit of a sleeper, with new code, as we always say, and hope for.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Answer = the last 7-15 years. Specifically somewhere between 10/19/99 (the date they went public) and 7/22/08 (the date they changed to PG programming).
All your references refer to the "Attitude Era" or earlier. Many offensive themes were part of the Attitude Era because they were losing ratings and had to go completely over the edge to win the ratings war from Ted Turner's WCW. Since 2008, many of the themes are watered down so the PG label is maintained, parents feel safer and buy their kids (highly profitable) merchandise, big corporate sponsors like Mountain Dew and Doritos come back to pay big bucks, and stock holders don't lose faith in the company.
Fast forward to today and the WWE has an anti-bullying campaign, a reading program, and that face you see front and center on Stern's WWE Pro backglass is the Guinness World Record holder for most Make-A-Wishes granted. WWE calculates EVERY move they make today, and if something/someone is going to make them look bad, they cut ties, however if it will gain them good press, they'll shove it down your throat. They're as much a PR company as they are a Wrestling company.
Does WWE still have its' faults? Sure. You can't make 8 hours of original programming EACH WEEK and employ tons of wrestlers (with Twitter accounts) without some bumps along the way. But to think they're rolling out racism, sexism, or bigotry nowadays just to make a buck in this PC-crazy culture is an extremely uninformed opinion.

uninformed? I've only watched it for 45 years, read almost everyones book, and met most of the wrestlers in the past 50 years including going over bruno sammartinos house and hanging with tommy dreamer. So times have changed? does that include scantily clad divas, lesbian angles, eugene the mentally challenged? Or how about the bogeyman spitting worms in peoples faces. hot twins, gold dust the androgonous one wearing womens underwear. spitting in opponents faces, having to kiss vinces ass literally, edge removing litas underwear in bed in the middle of the ring, should I go on?

#113 8 years ago

Keep in mind Vince has said the N-word on air.

#114 8 years ago

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

He made every bad decision a man could make. He let his wife spend all of this money. He let his son ruin his life and that of another. His daughter is a train wreck.

How much control do you think one person has over another? By all accounts Hogan has always been a super nice guy, far too nice based on the way his wife and kids behaved, and tough to blame him for their behavior. Any Pinsiders have kids that drink, take drugs, and make stupid mistakes, even once? How much control do you really have over your wife's activities and behavior? It's a natural reaction to try to protect one's family when they get into trouble, but kids tend to do their own thing. It doesn't excuse his comments, but remember the context was about who his daughter was dating... it's not an abnormal reaction from a father, and indicates he had some opinions about his kid's actions. It's a train wreck, but 40 years in a bright spotlight and only 1 documented case of racist comments? Even the criminal system commonly lets murderers out of prison for good behavior.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

How much control do you think one person has over another? By all accounts Hogan has always been a super nice guy, far too nice based on the way his wife and kids behaved, and tough to blame him for their behavior. Any Pinsiders have kids that drink, take drugs, and make stupid mistakes, even once? How much control do you really have over your wife's activities and behavior? It's a natural reaction to try to protect one's family when they get into trouble, but kids tend to do their own thing. It doesn't excuse his comments, but remember the context was about who his daughter was dating... it's not an abnormal reaction from a father, and indicates he had some opinions about his kid's actions. It's a train wreck, but 40 years in a bright spotlight and only 1 documented case of racist comments? Even the criminal system commonly lets murderers out of prison for good behavior.

I agree to an extent that yes, once kids are out on their own, you lose control. But let me ask you this. If you earned millions, would you do nothing and just watch your wife blow through it all? Even if Hulk just cut one check to his wife and one to Morgan Stanley, he would have been fine.

Hulk always did seem like a really nice guy, maybe too nice, and he let others just have their way. I do feel bad for the dude. Always in the spotlight, in chronic pain, and nobody to trust.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Damn that's some harsh words. I don't think he can come back from this. Maybe he can get a job at Fox news.

Lump HH in with Fox News, just like Hogan lumps black people together.

Great hypocrisy!

#120 8 years ago

What incredible time-wasting drivel this whole thing is...seriously, this is what's wrong with this country today. Please, let's not worry about our broken economy, let's not worry about what health insurers have in store for us (just wait on THAT one folks), etc. etc, but let's certainly obsess on what some quasi-celebrity rants about in the PRIVACY of his own home. Then let's get out the pitch forks & torches because "That's the right thing to do" Please.........

#121 8 years ago

It's all publicity.
Hogan is back as Mr America.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#122 8 years ago

Can you prove thats hogan?

#124 8 years ago

This game has been cursed since the beginning... really makes you wonder wtf Stern was thinking picking this as a title.

#125 8 years ago

you can tell that's hogan, just by it's pecs. They must think their fans are idiots.

#126 8 years ago

I went to sterns page today and it was the featured ad with a big pic of Hulk ripping his shirt lol. Guess they dont care at all.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I went to sterns page today and it was the featured ad with a big pic of Hulk ripping his shirt lol. Guess they dont care at all.

WWE.com like most websites does not host it's own ads. I'm sure once they realize he's still in ads being pushed to their site they will be taken down, just like all references to him on WWE.com have been.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Lump HH in with Fox News, just like Hogan lumps black people together.
Great hypocrisy!

Hogan only hates short, poor black people! Basketball players are OK.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

WWE.com like most websites does not host it's own ads. I'm sure once they realize he's still in ads being pushed to their site they will be taken down, just like all references to him on WWE.com have been.

On Stern's site, it's not a banner ad, it's one of the product feature slides on the main page.

#130 8 years ago

ElVWAFf.jpgElVWAFf.jpg

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

On Stern's site, it's not a banner ad, it's one of the product feature slides on the main page.

2015-07-27_16_09_27-Home___Stern_Pinball.png 1

Gotcha, I don't know why I thought the original post was referring to wwe.com instead of Sterns website. In any case, like Jared said on Facebook this doesn't affect Stern and their ability to sell and offer code updates to the game. So unless there is a big outcry Stern will continue trying to sell the game.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

It frigging infuriates me when private comments cost people their livelyhood. George Orwell thought it was going to be the government monitoring us, instead it actually IS us... A bunch of scummy people that'll sell out anyone for a buck and random shit dicks with smartphones.
The comments aren't really the point, its the fact that your life can be ruined for something not meant for anyone outside of the conversation to hear. You ARE entitled to privacy!

I'll probably get some shit for this, but I can't help but disagree. So it's ok if you don't get caught?!

I keep thinking of the guy who looks around for a specific race before telling a derogatory joke about said race, like that makes it ok. Dude was caught saying something his employer disagreed with so they fired him. It's pretty cut and dry and they are totally within their right to do that.

Full disclosure, I don't know the ins and outs of what he said, or how it came to light (sex tape?!) but the bottom line is if you say something offensive or inappropriate you had better be ready to own up to it. Or maybe you should think twice before you say it.

#133 8 years ago

He did own it. He apologized for it, and accepted full responsibility.

Kind of refreshing considering what most people usually do in these scenarios.

"Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it. This is not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise. I am disappointed with myself that I used language that is offensive and inconsistent with my own beliefs."

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Full disclosure, I don't know the ins and outs of what he said, or how it came to light (sex tape?!) but the bottom line is if you say something offensive or inappropriate you had better be ready to own up to it. Or maybe you should think twice before you say it.

So your employer should have total control over everything you say or do, inside or outside of work hours, public or private, including inside your own bedroom.

Why limit it to that? Make sure to not make the wrong facial expression at the wrong time, the telescreen is always watching.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I'll probably get some shit for this, but I can't help but disagree. So it's ok if you don't get caught?!
I keep thinking of the guy who looks around for a specific race before telling a derogatory joke about said race, like that makes it ok. Dude was caught saying something his employer disagreed with so they fired him. It's pretty cut and dry and they are totally within their right to do that.

Private comments are private. Its hard line for me. Same thing as that chick that rope-a-doped Donald Sterling into saying dumb stuff. Was the stuff he said wrong? Sure! Should he have been screwed over for it? Absolutely not, they were private. Same goes for Mel Gibson's phone freak out on his wife/girlfriend (whatever). His comments to the police, were public. All about the context they were made.

Someone that gave me crap in this very thread sent me creepy PM's on another forum. It'd be hilarious to share them, but they were private and I'll never do it. Does where I'm coming from with this make sense?

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

So your employer should have total control over everything you say or do, inside or outside of work hours, public or private, including inside your own bedroom.
Why limit it to that? Make sure to not make the wrong facial expression at the wrong time, the telescreen is always watching.

I don't agree with that and feel that is an extreme conclusion to draw from what I said.

Having said that, with social media and, in Hogan's case, celebrity in general, your actions can and will get scrutinized. That's kind of the reality we live in these days with social media. With facebook and twitter giving people an audience than can approach celebrity level you have to watch what you say or you will get a response. Just the nature of the beast.

I don't think employers should have total control over an employee's life, but at the same time, they have control over your job. And if you post something publicly on facebook or twitter that they disagree with then guess what, they have every right to terminate you. And it's happened tons of times in the past few years.

I understand Hogan's comments were made in "private" (I use quotes cause I don't know all the details) but it sounds like that privacy was thrown out the window because of legal issues and he is now paying the price. And he has owned up to it. But for anyone to be "infuriated" cause something offensive he said got him fired seems naive.

#137 8 years ago

I heard he was wearing a sandwich-board sign outside on a street corner?

i_hate_everybody.pngi_hate_everybody.png

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Stern might have to recall all 10 units!

OMG - this is classic - I laughed so hard when I read this I almost wet myself!

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Private comments are private. Its hard line for me. Same thing as that chick that rope-a-doped Donald Sterling into saying dumb stuff. Was the stuff he said wrong? Sure! Should he have been screwed over for it? Absolutely not, they were private. Same goes for Mel Gibson's phone freak out on his wife/girlfriend (whatever). His comments to the police, were public. All about the context they were made.
Someone that gave me crap in this very thread sent me creepy PM's on another forum. It'd be hilarious to share them, but they were private and I'll never do it. Does where I'm coming from with this make sense?

Yeah, that does make sense. I guess I was more addressing him getting fired for it. If his employer doesn't agree with something he has said or done they can potentially fire him, and they did.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

i_hate_everybody.png

That is definitely taken from the television edit . . .

#141 8 years ago

On ESPN the other day, some idiot said that WWE is highly racist, because only white people have been the champ.

Rock, Iron Shiek, Yokozuna, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Albert Del Rio….what do they all have in common? They aren't selecting "caucasian" on government forms.

Somehow, I don't know how, people who have nothing better to do than be offended by something, have been given control to decide what is good for us.

As someone who grew up in the 80s, a situation like this, really, no one would care in the 80s. People would realize that Hogan was in a bad mood and he VENTED PRIVATELY.

#142 8 years ago

Wake me up when this game gets some code love.

#143 8 years ago

Holy, good thing there's no Cosby LE pin in production . . .

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

i_hate_everybody.png

Bruce Willis is falling on hard times.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On ESPN the other day, some idiot said that WWE is highly racist, because only white people have been the champ

Couldn't have been Colin Cowherd because they fired his ass....

#146 8 years ago

I'd like to see an LE where you can opt to have the Hulkster yell racial slurs at you when you play.

#147 8 years ago

Piece of cake with Pinball Browser!

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

On ESPN the other day, some idiot said that WWE is highly racist, because only white people have been the champ.

WWE is a company that only assigns women into two roles: bitchy and crazy, then gives them no character development. They frequently group the black wrestlers together and/or give them stereotypical gimmicks like gangsters and southern preachers... (New Day, Primetime Players, Team Bad...) They have two Puerto Ricans they're passing off as Spanish bullfighters because that's what Spanish speaking people do right! They're certainly not up there on a list of companies I'd call progressive is terms of things like this.

That said, New Day and Titus O'Neil's commentary is the best thing going in WWE right now.

#149 8 years ago

11424700_690983931005711_182714125_n.jpg11424700_690983931005711_182714125_n.jpg

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

If your job is to be a celebrity / public figure, there's no way for you to have a 'private' life. Just like the president doesn't either. Part of being a celebrity, a role model for kids, an entertainer, is you surrender part of your private existence in exchange for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. There's no way to separate hogan the actor/wrestler from hogan the 'private person'. Try explaining to a 9 year old why its still ok to be a hogan fan.

I'm not going to shed one crocodile tear for this racist puke. I grew up watching WWF and remember when the Twin Towers took on the Mega Powers. But given how in the news lately so many abuses of power are being directed towards black people, can't we all agree that this attitude is wrong, and we should disparage people who believe it, even if the place they said it was private? I mean are people defending Donald Sterling's right to say things in the privacy of his own home? Come on!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwe-fired-hulk-hogan-stern-le%C2%B4s-still-available/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.